Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FMPONE posted:

Can't wait to show you guys what we've been up to.

Cache is the only good Phoenix map so good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
What's wrong with the other ones? Ali is kind of ridiculous/impossible for Ts at the higher levels of play, as well as Thunder (also god awful for other reasons), but I like the rest of them. Even motel is fun to just gently caress around with wallbanging and shotguns in.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Motel design doc:

The hell with that map forever.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Motel design doc:

The hell with that map forever.

I think it was me, astr0, Lou and one other person MM'ing one day who got Motel randomly.

Never again. :negative:

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

cat with hands posted:

What would it take for cs_* maps to see serious play?

Would a small adjustment of the economy be sufficient, or maybe completely different economy from de_* maps? Having multiple hostage rescue areas separate from CT spawn?

How about special gear for the CTs to make breaching slightly less suicidal? Like having the riot shield instead of a hostage rescue kit, some kind of drone or peeking camera, or just a lot more flash bangs.

Perhaps we should reverse the scenario and have the Ts liberate prisoners or grab bags of money like in payday?
A miracle. They already tried. They whittled cs_ down to it's bare essentials, and made it effectively identical to de_ except for the part about getting the hostage out. To Valves credit, they did their very best to make it a competitive game mode, and it didn't work. de_ works on the whole "CTs start as defenders and end up as attackers" principle. But in cs_, the Ts start as defenders, and end up as defenders. There's no balance to the gameplay.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Hostage rescue is like CTF, except there are multiple flags and they are destructible and also retarded.

Also practically impossible to balance. I can just picture competitive play on cs_office. The Ts would never leave the two chokepoints ensuring ridiculous imbalance.

Just theorycrafting for the hell of it though, you could probably replace hostages with an inanimate object like a lootbag/explosives that must be returned to spawn, except there are 2-3 possible ones to choose, separated much like bombsites, and the return of one is the only win condition other than the standard 'kill all other team'.

Might be pretty fun.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
They aren't really "competitive" maps. You can write off all the hostage maps, the entire gametype is considered unbalanced. That leaves Ali, Favela, Seaside, and Cache. Cache is the only popular one of those 4. I don't know if I could say what's wrong with them, I've only played them a few times.

I think another reason people don't care for those maps is because there are so many good maps they could introduce that people would love. Mill. Toscan. Season. That one snowy bunker map that I forget the name of. I'd even welcome piranesi, though I don't think that one is considered very competitive either.

But if they put all the maps people like in right away, they wont have any left over for future operations.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Apogee we should queue with our alts sometime. You can't get kicked for throwing if you have a buddy!

Edit. You too slime. I need to work on my awp noscopes anyway.

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hostage maps would work if they weren't designed so one dimensionally

e: Thunder is a good example of an awful one

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I got a deagle ace the other day. Best feeling ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOcdkMTjsZs

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Apogee we should queue with our alts sometime. You can't get kicked for throwing if you have a buddy!

Edit. You too slime. I need to work on my awp noscopes anyway.

I'm totally up for this. I tried to do that with a friend of mine, but then he betrayed me and carried my team to victory.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
The CS:GO Thread Experience

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey, I'm finally doing OK in Matchmaking, I guess I gotta get chained to the 4 biggest loving anchors in the matchmaking pool as they body block and rush into oblivion!

e: cool, i'm playing with the literal bottom of the barrel where following the bomb is OP as gently caress

Phone fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am considering making a montage of my awful clutches to make all of you cringe at how I play

This owns

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

I'm the groundhog

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Coleman posted:

But in cs_, the Ts start as defenders, and end up as defenders. There's no balance to the gameplay.

Simple, bring back T hostage movement :v:

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
VIP always seemed like a more interesting game mode to me than hostage rescue. The ability to sit between a chokepoint and a hostage to absolutely moneyfuck anybody who sprays through/around you makes hostage maps really tedious if people are playing smart.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ITS PYJAMAS >:{

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 8, 2014

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Had a good time playing Goonmans tonight. Hadn't played CS all week and I'm not sure why my mic wasn't working.

ChAoS on Steam.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

This is very nice.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Rosh posted:

Had a good time playing Goonmans tonight. Hadn't played CS all week and I'm not sure why my mic wasn't working.

ChAoS on Steam.

Thanks for coming out, it was fun.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wish they just took out the tec9 and replaced it with the CZ automagically.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Xenaero posted:

I wish they just took out the tec9 and replaced it with the CZ automagically.

:getout:

I wish they put the Tec-9 in the SMG spot. That way I can have both the Tec-9 and CZ.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I promised The Goon Formerly Known As Shogunner that I would post this

Also it would be really nice if the Plugin gracefully handled people dropping out after a 10-ready. Might at least be able to be quickly added(but not bulletproof) just by checking for the current readied players *still* being readied at the start of mapvote/captain vote/playerpicks and aborting back to 'waiting for ready' if the players aren't all still ready/connected?

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Fat Lou posted:

:getout:

I wish they put the Tec-9 in the SMG spot.

Tec-9 supremacy.

Reading that last post makes me feel bad after the map vote started earlier today. Didn't realize it was going to break things. Sorry.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

old dog child posted:

I am considering making a montage of my awful clutches to make all of you cringe at how I play

yet somehow Rahladahla reaches Nova 3

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Cuntpunch posted:

I promised The Goon Formerly Known As Shogunner that I would post this

Also it would be really nice if the Plugin gracefully handled people dropping out after a 10-ready. Might at least be able to be quickly added(but not bulletproof) just by checking for the current readied players *still* being readied at the start of mapvote/captain vote/playerpicks and aborting back to 'waiting for ready' if the players aren't all still ready/connected?

Are you talking about how the current plugin handles it? In the current version it is supposed to handle it more gracefully than before. As long as you ready up you should not be able to get your spot sniped any more (you will stay readied up across the map change or if someone drops). Also, the plugin isn't supposed to reset all the way back to the beginning now.

If someone leaves at any point after a mapvote it should go back to captain picks. The reason for this is that the replacement 10th player could really alter how the teams should look. Basically there is no way for the plugin to guarantee that the sub is a "fair trade" for the dropped player, so the preferred method is to just repick teams. If I was a captain and my first pick player left and I got stuck with a newbie as the replacement I would be mad. Likewise, if I was the opposing captain and the other guy got a newbie replaced with someone like Hoods/Kcer/Daeno I would also be mad.

The one case where it doesn't work like this is if the player drops during the pregame on the match map after teams have been picked and the map has changed. In this case it just waits for any sub to fill the spot.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is anyone else getting really bad packet loss on the matchmaking servers right now? Bouncing between a couple, I'm getting between 50-75% loss most of the time.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

astr0man posted:

Are you talking about how the current plugin handles it? In the current version it is supposed to handle it more gracefully than before. As long as you ready up you should not be able to get your spot sniped any more (you will stay readied up across the map change or if someone drops). Also, the plugin isn't supposed to reset all the way back to the beginning now.

If someone leaves at any point after a mapvote it should go back to captain picks. The reason for this is that the replacement 10th player could really alter how the teams should look. Basically there is no way for the plugin to guarantee that the sub is a "fair trade" for the dropped player, so the preferred method is to just repick teams. If I was a captain and my first pick player left and I got stuck with a newbie as the replacement I would be mad. Likewise, if I was the opposing captain and the other guy got a newbie replaced with someone like Hoods/Kcer/Daeno I would also be mad.

The one case where it doesn't work like this is if the player drops during the pregame on the match map after teams have been picked and the map has changed. In this case it just waits for any sub to fill the spot.

I mention it because last night we had it completely blow up a goonman, minineo was on and may know better the specific turn of events, but we ended up in this frustrating cycle where he'd try to change back to a pregame map(soccer, aim_map, etc) and it would immediately switch back to a game map(nuke, inferno, etc), it ended up needing the entire server rebooted to reset the plugin and get it back to normal.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
attn all bad admins: sm_rcon sm plugins reload goonpug

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
What's the deal with the deagle? I've been grinding pistols in deathmatch to max out my pistol achievements and practice a bit and for one round I was doing ok with the deagle scoring headshots against AWPers on long A and finished first with 40 kills but the other two rounds I could barely scratch 20 kills and it felt like it just wasn't shooting where I was pointing it to, even when I was completely stationary.

Do weapons in CS:GO have innate dispersion? was I just lucky this one round and the deagle is just pretty inaccurate or am I just imagining things?

And by the way, does the Zeus count as a pistol for the purpose of the pistol achievements?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

What's the deal with the deagle? I've been grinding pistols in deathmatch to max out my pistol achievements and practice a bit and for one round I was doing ok with the deagle scoring headshots against AWPers on long A and finished first with 40 kills but the other two rounds I could barely scratch 20 kills and it felt like it just wasn't shooting where I was pointing it to, even when I was completely stationary.

Do weapons in CS:GO have innate dispersion? was I just lucky this one round and the deagle is just pretty inaccurate or am I just imagining things?

And by the way, does the Zeus count as a pistol for the purpose of the pistol achievements?

the Zeus is not to be trifled with by mortals

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

emanresu tnuocca posted:

No, the taser only exists as a way to cripple yourself in order to further humiliate the enemy.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The Deagle is accurate while crouching. Otherwise it's not very good. I absolutely hate the gun, some people see success with it but after missing afk targets repeatedly I said gently caress it I can't justify practicing with it.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It has its own cheevo for getting 10 kills with it.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Awesome Welles posted:

I think it was me, astr0, Lou and one other person MM'ing one day who got Motel randomly.

Never again. :negative:

I love motel for casual but a lot of people understandably hate it. I would never play it in MM.

As for people spending stupid amounts of money on skins, well I'm definitely guilty.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
It's official. I beat cs:go. Silver 1!

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Apogee15 posted:

It's official. I beat cs:go. Silver 1!

I would like to shake your hand

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.

Diddie posted:

I love motel for casual but a lot of people understandably hate it. I would never play it in MM.

As for people spending stupid amounts of money on skins, well I'm definitely guilty.

That is both a really tight, and really nice inventory. Good stuff and literally nothing else cluttering it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
So, silvergoons have gone Rambo and most of us are Novas now. I would like to thank the pros for yelling some sense into us in goonmans and beating some sense into our brains.

Rahla is still absolute poo poo with gamesense though I swear to god every time I spec you I want to bash my head into a wall.

• Locked thread