Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Karmine posted:

I don't understand any of that.

The number of Wrestlemania correlating to which letter you used to illiterate with, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Yeah I realized that after the fact.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I felt like it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I will always love hearing Stone Cold talk to Dave Meltzer

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pisscast please review more late WCW ppvs, that was magical - I'd heard it got bad but didn't realise how much they shat all over kayfabe on the way to financial ruin.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

Pisscast please review more late WCW ppvs, that was magical - I'd heard it got bad but didn't realise how much they shat all over kayfabe on the way to financial ruin.

New Blood Rising is kind of the crown jewel of that, but there are plenty more that we can talk about.

For those who don't know - you can actually watch the rise and fall of WCW in Synctube. MassRafter has been going chronologically through WCW's existence, I think playing 2 new episodes every Tuesday at 8 PM EST in http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling.

Of course, we decided to record on Tuesday for some god forsaken reason, so I don't get to watch. :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Holy poo poo t his woman Bryan has on After Dark is a wind bag. I don't think Bryan has spoke for like 10 minutes outside of an "Uh huh?"

EDIT: Oh my god and she just cut him off when he tried to talk to go on about herself more.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 8, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This week's SNCJ.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Alvarez arguing that people shouldn't have an opinion on their PPV cut because it's not explicitly appropriated show-by-show in their contract is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life how is this guy such a loving obtuse idiot sometimes. he's so clearly decided he feels one way about Punk quitting and is deadset on doing intellectually dishonest mental gymnastics to justify it from every possible angle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

epitasis posted:

Alvarez arguing that people shouldn't have an opinion on their PPV cut because it's not explicitly appropriated show-by-show in their contract is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life how is this guy such a loving obtuse idiot sometimes. he's so clearly decided he feels one way about Punk quitting and is deadset on doing intellectually dishonest mental gymnastics to justify it from every possible angle

I think he was just trying to goad Lance into a debate because I feel like Bryan's actual position on Punk was totally different. That was a weird show. Not that Bryan can't change his opinion randomly and be completely idiotic about it.

Edit: The call in show came on while I was waiting for the new live show and wow was I wrong. Bryan was totally insufferable about Punk. HE WALKED OUT ON HIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 9, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This week's AOW made me like Mike Bennett a lot more.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Anyone else having trouble downloading the latest pisscast from iTunes?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Question for the Pisscast: Who is more deserving of going into the Pisscast Hall of Fame: Billy Robinson for getting pissed on or The Freebirds who peed on you as a sign of affection?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ch3cooh posted:

Anyone else having trouble downloading the latest pisscast from iTunes?

Fixed it.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Question for the Pisscast: Who is more deserving of going into the Pisscast Hall of Fame: Billy Robinson for getting pissed on or The Freebirds who peed on you as a sign of affection?

Freebirds are already in, bub. Now let me hear this Billy Robinson story...

Batista posted:

Fixed it.

Thank you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Freebirds are already in, bub. Now let me hear this Billy Robinson story...

Thank you.

Sailor Ed White got Robinson really drunk, told him to meet him outside the bar in an alley, sucker punched him, kicked the poo poo out of him and pissed all over Billy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Meltzer really pioneering some territory by observing that accents aren't actually "talking funny" but "just how they talk" and "to them we talk funny" which seems contrary to his earlier point about the funny talking not actually being funny.

The Neville promo was actually pretty good+charming despite the weird editing. Crowd got behind it when he started being self-deprecating but Meltzer decided he wasn't being genuine for some imperceptible reason.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

New Attitude Era Podcast is up. Rebellion 1999 which was a UK ppv and features Michael PS Hayes on commentary instead of King

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
WHURRS MOY TOYTUL SHORT?!?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm so happy that the Rebellion 99 main event is as good as I remember it.

Because it just devolves into a ridiculous loving brawl and it's great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm really enjoying the History of Wrestlemania podcast. Renee Young is a good host and while the questions are pretty generic she has a good rapport with her guests and seems to get good stories out of them. Bret Hart walking a fine line and maintaining kayfabe throughout his interview was surprisingly well handled too, and the story about Vince calling him after he had his stroke was pretty sweet.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 30: The 100 Count

Nothing but listener questions this show, and no listeners but BlankGambit who we hate and is now banned for life

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n28l8zl985byebw/030+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 10, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pissacast Episode 30: The 100 Count

Nothing but listener questions this show, and no listeners but BlankGambit who we hate and is now banned for life

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n28l8zl985byebw/030+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Literally just finished listening to the last episode and thought "drat, done already? Wish I had some more piss this week".

Thank you for further enabling my piss habit.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Punchsport Podcast, say a terrible calamity befalls WWE and NJPW, and the top three stars of each promotion are no longer capable of wrestling or making any appearance in front of any crowd or television camera. This happens very suddenly and both companies are in damage control mode and desperate for new visible top guys: Who does each promotion choose as their top three most popular guys? Also, argue amongst yourselves about who the current top three guys in each promotion are.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

No Mankind mention when discussing goofy faces? A shameful pisscast.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

No Mankind mention when discussing goofy faces? A shameful pisscast.

I suppose the answer really shoulda been Mick Foley. Dammit all.

Oatgan why did we rename it the Wrestlehut Pissacast I was not informed.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Pisscast: I know that, officially, we, your listeners, are the Pissant Nation, but did you ever consider calling us your Piss-eners?

Also, from the regular Pisscast this week I totally remember that thing where wrestlers would be named stupid things by YouTube uploaders to get around copyright claims.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Disco Inferno is on the newest MLW and basically I think he may be responsible for all the SWERVES we attribute to Russo.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Memento posted:

Pisscast: I know that, officially, we, your listeners, are the Pissant Nation, but did you ever consider calling us your Piss-eners?

Also, from the regular Pisscast this week I totally remember that thing where wrestlers would be named stupid things by YouTube uploaders to get around copyright claims.

Karmine is apt to use the phrase "for the gentle Piss-ener at home..."

And thanks for the second point there. The Youtube renaming scheme was funny - everything was Cheese Souffle, Kane was Jand, it was all so silly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Craig is amazing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Craig is amazing

Weiner was amazing, but Bryan won the night.

"That was like some glorified indie show some money mark put on pay per view to save their rear end..."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vinny's meltdown over War Games booking is going in the year end top 50 for sure.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Dark colored creep" :lol:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Punch/Pisscast: Who is the weaker-booked champion, Orton or Magnus?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Holy poo poo that was the best Vinny War Games rant ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Holy poo poo that was the best Vinny War Games rant ever.

"IT'S NOT. THAT. HARD!!!!!" :argh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was the best Bryan and Vinny show in years.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MassRafTer posted:

That was the best Bryan and Vinny show in years.

Summation?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Onmi posted:

Summation?

A Victory Road 2009 level burial of Lockdown and TNA in general.
Bryan and Craig get lewd.
Vinny loses his god drat loving mind over the booking of War Games matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Onmi posted:

Summation?

Craig was unsure of whether he'd rather watch this show again or slam a sliding glass door into his weiner if that tells you anything

• Locked thread