Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Neruz posted:

These brave crossbowmen saw their chance.

Wow, I bet somebody was a bit pissed after his pretender was killed by the fleeing enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I think what I love best is how only one of his fists is enchanted.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Kitfox88 posted:

I think what I love best is how only one of his fists is enchanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eZpa9RF9aj4#t=38 Truely your Monkey is the King of Hearts

baronb
Mar 3, 2014
The legendary Emerald Warriors of the Petrified Moss don't mess around.

They may not look like much, but they will fly into an intense rage when damaged(+5!). If an Emerald Warrior is reduced to 0 hp, they use the secret untagged Emerald Warrior power - turning into a bear.

From here their only in a mild rage (+0!) And get some regen.

But shapeshifting takes a toll on the Emerald Warrior. It's a burden they have to accept to achieve power. If he survives the battle, one is never the same again.

They are cursed to live out the rest of their (very, very short) lives as extremely old human assassins.

baronb fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 8, 2014

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

baronb posted:

The legendary Emerald Warriors of the Petrified Moss don't mess around.

They are cursed to live out the rest of their (very, very short) lives as extremely old human assassins.

I honestly would like to try a random ten game where everything is so random as to be completely ridiculous like this.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Did someone finally make a comprehensive change list somewhere? I'm interested in this game, but not enough to spend 40$ on it sight unseen. A few minor interface improvements wouldn't be worth that much money for me, I want to know exactly how much content was added and what it is. Apparently Illwinter can't be arsed to tell us themselves.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Did someone finally make a comprehensive change list somewhere? I'm interested in this game, but not enough to spend 40$ on it sight unseen. A few minor interface improvements wouldn't be worth that much money for me, I want to know exactly how much content was added and what it is. Apparently Illwinter can't be arsed to tell us themselves.

The manual tells you, it's available on Illwinter's site. If you wait until the next sale, you can pick it up for < $10.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
One thing I would love were buttons to adjust values by 5 or 10, instead of one. I like to put 5 or 10 PD in my provinces, and casting a big spell with 20 additional gems can get tiring. And I am always afraid that somebody will snap up important mercenaries, so I don't mind spending 50 gold more than the suggested amount, but it leads to too much clicking.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Use the arrow keys! I thought the clicking was annoying too until I discovered that.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Maybe if I could stack an F9 bless on top of the enchanted or something. Or he was riding a fossil giant :v:

It took me ages to realize that when adjusting research it only took from the highest bar until there was 2+ even, then it'd take from all equally. Now I can actually research more than 3 things at once when I have a bunch of points.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

I honestly would like to try a random ten game where everything is so random as to be completely ridiculous like this.

I uh. I remember tweaking these guys so they would be bears instead of werewolves because they were awesome and berserk+were has to be bear.

But that was just changing the sprite, I have no idea what the hell is going on with this.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is there a way to tell if a unit is cap only? I keep running across bless strategies I would like to try in nationgen but then I find out that I can't mass easily.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Donkringel posted:

Is there a way to tell if a unit is cap only? I keep running across bless strategies I would like to try in nationgen but then I find out that I can't mass easily.

Check your cap sites, if they say you can recruit a unit from that the unit is cap-only.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Donkringel posted:

In the manual they're sorted by origin.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

The manual tells you, it's available on Illwinter's site. If you wait until the next sale, you can pick it up for < $10.
Where in the manual? I can only find that vague list of new stuff right in the beginning, which isn't very comprehensive.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
http://www.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

First hit on Google.

I can't read.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 8, 2014

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Cardiovorax posted:

Where in the manual? I can only find that vague list of new stuff right in the beginning, which isn't very comprehensive.

I don't understand what exactly you are expecting, here, from a game developed by two people in their free time. There's the list you already know about in the manual, you can probably find a few fan-compiled ones (that you'd have as good odds of finding on google as anyone else), and there's the changelog http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/changelog/ . Beyond that, the big question is whether or not you want to play multiplayer, use new/updated mods, have a continually improving/patched game and so on. If you are content with playing Dom3 as it was when Dom4 was released, then just stick with that?

Azram Legion fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 8, 2014

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

Donkringel posted:

Check the database of units: http://dom4editor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/inspector/index.html

They will say "(cap only)" in the "Type" column.

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

Signed up on the GGS. I used to play dom 3 on the old version of ggs and I was terrible. Thanks a million!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Azram Legion posted:

I don't understand what exactly you are expecting, here, from a game developed by two people in their free time.
I don't really play multiplayer, so I basically just want to know whether there's enough new content to keep me entertained in singleplayer for a while, because I basically played Dom3 to death. I've been a fan of the series for ages, but 25€ is a lot of money for me right now. I guess I can just wait for the next sale, though.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

I don't really play multiplayer, so I basically just want to know whether there's enough new content to keep me entertained in singleplayer for a while, because I basically played Dom3 to death. I've been a fan of the series for ages, but 25€ is a lot of money for me right now. I guess I can just wait for the next sale, though.

If you don't want to develop carpal tunnel syndrome after moving one too many armies around, buy Dom4 as fast as possible. Believe me, it is worth it.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE IN INFINITY CUP

Here is a new mod file that fixes a problem that we've discovered in the process of testing the nations more thoroughly. Everything remains the same numbers and such, but certain weapons weren't working correctly. Please pass this information along to the other players if you can.

Mod is here, and also on Brainwrinkle.

EDIT: I'm literally a bumblefuck, the link is now correct

ProfessorCurly fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 9, 2014

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
murtidash had me run some statistics on the Dominions 4 GGS games so far. Here's a list of how common each nation is:

pre:
+------------------+--------------------+
| count(nation_id) | nation_id          |
|                1 |                 115|
|                1 |                 117|
|                1 |                 114|
|                1 |                 112|
|                1 |                 113|
|                1 |                   2|
|                1 |                 116|
|                2 |           LA Caelum|
|                2 |          MA Oceania|
|                3 |                 103|
|                3 |                 104|
|                3 |             MA Eriu|
|                3 |                 106|
|                3 |                 108|
|                3 |                 110|
|                3 |                 102|
|                4 |                 100|
|                4 |                 109|
|                4 |                 105|
|                4 |        MA Shinuyama|
|                4 |                 107|
|                4 |                 111|
|                5 |                 101|
|                5 |         MA Atlantis|
|                5 |       MA T'ien Ch'i|
|                5 |          LA Lemuria|
|                5 |           LA Patala|
|                5 |          LA Pangaea|
|                5 |          MA Agartha|
|                5 |       LA T'ien Ch'i|
|                6 |     LA Arcoscephale|
|                6 |          LA Mictlan|
|                6 |          LA Pythium|
|                6 |          LA Agartha|
|                6 |          EA Oceania|
|                6 |          MA Pelagia|
|                6 |           MA Ashdod|
|                6 |           LA R'lyeh|
|                6 |           LA Utgard|
|                7 |          EA Pelagia|
|                7 |          MA Vanheim|
|                7 |           MA Caelum|
|                7 |            LA Jomon|
|                7 |        MA Jotunheim|
|                7 |           MA Abysia|
|                7 |       MA Bandar Log|
|                7 |         LA Marignon|
|                8 |            MA Ermor|
|                8 |         MA Sceleria|
|                8 |          MA Pangaea|
|                9 |            LA C'tis|
|                9 |         EA Atlantis|
|                9 |           EA Abysia|
|                9 |           MA R'lyeh|
|                9 |             LA Gath|
|                9 |           LA Abysia|
|                9 |          EA Kailasa|
|                9 |          MA Machaka|
|               10 |          MA Pythium|
|               10 |         MA Marignon|
|               10 |           EA R'lyeh|
|               10 |              MA Man|
|               10 |          MA Mictlan|
|               10 |          LA Midgard|
|               10 |           EA Caelum|
|               10 |              LA Man|
|               10 |       EA T'ien Ch'i|
|               10 |     MA Arcoscephale|
|               10 |          LA Bogarus|
|               11 |          MA Vanarus|
|               11 |            EA Ermor|
|               11 |          EA Pangaea|
|               11 |          EA Vanheim|
|               11 |          EA Mictlan|
|               12 |            MA C'tis|
|               12 |              LA Ulm|
|               12 |            EA C'tis|
|               12 |           EA Hinnom|
|               12 |              MA Ulm|
|               12 |     EA Arcoscephale|
|               13 |          EA Helheim|
|               13 |             EA Yomi|
|               13 |         MA Asphodel|
|               13 |         LA Atlantis|
|               13 |          EA Machaka|
|               13 |            EA Lanka|
|               14 |         EA Marverni|
|               14 |          EA Fomoria|
|               14 |          EA Agartha|
|               14 |      EA Tir na n'Og|
|               15 |          EA Berytos|
|               15 |               EA Ur|
|               17 |       EA Sauromatia|
|               18 |       EA Niefelheim|
|               19 |              EA Ulm|
I still refuse to believe that EA Ulm is good or fun, despite Incy's efforts to convince me otherwise on IRC.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe Eriu and MA TC, two Pretty Good Nations, have way less plays than LA Pan, a terrible and also dull as gently caress bunch of guys.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Lot of people like Marveni too surprisingly.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

amuayse posted:

What is there not to like about Marverni?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

Also EA Rlyeh, literally the least usable faction out of water.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

jBrereton posted:

Also EA Rlyeh, literally the least usable faction out of water.

But totally unmatched in it with normal 40 gold mind blasters and sacred 60 gold mind blasters.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

jBrereton posted:

Can't believe Eriu and MA TC, two Pretty Good Nations, have way less plays than LA Pan, a terrible and also dull as gently caress bunch of guys.

Eriu suffers from being difficult to play well. A good player can get a lot of power out of them, while LA Pan has a pretty solid roster that a relatively new player can play decently. MA in general also seems to be played less than LA or EA.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Dryad Hoplites are pretty great too with their +2 awe, throw a cheapo W9 bless to put them up to 20 def and you've got some of the best line infantry in the game.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Fox Cunning posted:

Flamin', ragin' tiny monkey fists.

that's actually a fairly good unit, except the gold cost

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ProfessorCurly posted:

If you missed the last three loving games, we've got Random Gen game #4, the Infinity Cup!

EDIT: Also I almost forgot about the nation with these, crisis averted. Still, goddamn this is glorious.

I hope they went tribless.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
Too bad those markata will never go berserk without a nature or death bless due to them having 6 hp

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TheDemon posted:

that's actually a fairly good unit, except the gold cost

And the fact that it's a cap only sacred.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Who cares, put a w9 buff on that and laugh as nothing can hit your def 23 Awe 2 ponymans who teleport across the battlefield.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Neruz posted:

Dryad Hoplites are pretty great too with their +2 awe, throw a cheapo W9 bless to put them up to 20 def and you've got some of the best line infantry in the game.

theyve only got one attack and it doesn't hit very hard, I don't like em

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Flavahbeast posted:

theyve only got one attack and it doesn't hit very hard, I don't like em

Sure they're not amazing offensively, but you don't use them for offense; they're line infantry not assault infantry. LA Pan is a bit lacking in the 'heavy hitters' department but Grove Guard, Centaur Cataphracts and Satyr Snipers can all work for that role if you can scrape together the resources for them.

The thing about Dryad Hoplites is their def + awe means that they will basically never lose a melee fight non-mindless infantry and their shield means that unlike a lot of infantry sacreds they're not vulnerable to archers. If your enemy wants to break a frontline of Dryad Hoplites he needs to bring in tramplers or spells because no non-mindless melee unit in the game will be able to reliably or easily break a line of w9 blessed Dryad Hoplites. This also makes them amazing at obliterating indies.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Neruz posted:

Sure they're not amazing offensively, but you don't use them for offense; they're line infantry not assault infantry. LA Pan is a bit lacking in the 'heavy hitters' department but Grove Guard, Centaur Cataphracts and Satyr Snipers can all work for that role if you can scrape together the resources for them.

The thing about Dryad Hoplites is their def + awe means that they will basically never lose a melee fight non-mindless infantry and their shield means that unlike a lot of infantry sacreds they're not vulnerable to archers. If your enemy wants to break a frontline of Dryad Hoplites he needs to bring in tramplers or spells because no non-mindless melee unit in the game will be able to reliably or easily break a line of w9 blessed Dryad Hoplites. This also makes them amazing at obliterating indies.

Or he could bring crossbows. Lots and lots of crossbows, which you will usually see in LA.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Or he could bring crossbows. Lots and lots of crossbows, which you will usually see in LA.

That is true; if you can fort a cheap crossbow province (or even better a hoburg crossbow province) you are pretty much set offensively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

brainwrinkle posted:

I still refuse to believe that EA Ulm is good or fun, despite Incy's efforts to convince me otherwise on IRC.

Hey I never said they were fun.

• Locked thread