Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
BTW the Groon / Rote team is facing PL in the NEO, 40 minutes from this post.

Good luck dudes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Having read that reddit thread(?) I really feel sorry for BNI, those dudes just have no loving clue what they're teaming up with. They're pretty much teaming up with the dregs of reddit :barf:

E: Hahahahaha DHD told the shitlord to gently caress off. Given Durrhurrdurr's own antics, this is pretty rich.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 8, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

davmo1 posted:

Wow, petty much. Thought you guys had a sense of humour. Guess you can't joke around unless you have a nose firmly up your rear end already.
:allears: And this is why I stay in this thread.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm serious. We should hire BNI to deploy to JU- to provide content up north, give them docking rights, and let Theta squad get rich stocking the market for them.

Also can we murder test some more because holy poo poo those people need to stop existing.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
No boundaries wins, PL is out! I just had the thought that the only thing that could make Goonfleet's tournament history any funnier would be if Groon (and Rote) won this one. That would just be the most amazing thing.

(Also I have no idea how PL didn't bring out some AT ships for that match.)

edit: very amusing, somebody in TRI now owns telefishopolis and used the character for their tournament team. Was surprising to notice that name.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 8, 2014

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Voyager I posted:

I'm serious. We should hire BNI to deploy to JU- to provide content up north, give them docking rights, and let Theta squad get rich stocking the market for them.

Also can we murder test some more because holy poo poo those people need to stop existing.

Now now, TEST and Goons have a lot in common what with our fundamental out-of-game identities which means we're culturally far closer to them than we are to anyone else in EVE something something something and that's why we're never going to reset them.

Oh wait I forgot it's not 2010 anymore, ignore all that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Because it wouldn't have been worth risking the ISK lost I guess.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
Tournament ships have some weird fits, PL were running dual-buffer-tanked Ishtars and a Gila with 3 Omnis in the mids.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I suppose when you can't warp out, you have to commit to combat in a set boundary amount of space, and given the diminishing returns of DPS mods/tank mods, I can SEE why someone would dual tank and provide really interesting fits for ships.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Now now, TEST and Goons have a lot in common what with our fundamental out-of-game identities which means we're culturally far closer to them than we are to anyone else in EVE something something something and that's why we're never going to reset them.

TEST even has roots stretching back to SA; I recall hearing that some of TEST's founders were banned from SA for being lovely posters. So they're totally just like us!

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Klyith posted:

No boundaries wins, PL is out! I just had the thought that the only thing that could make Goonfleet's tournament history any funnier would be if Groon (and Rote) won this one. That would just be the most amazing thing.

Are things going better this weekend? Ideally no more idiots burning out their rack causing a sure win to go to sure loss? No pair of Cynabal's losing a droneless half dead Armageddon? An entire team (not the multiboxer guy) apply a grand total of about 0 damage for the entire fight?

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

nessin posted:

Are things going better this weekend? Ideally no more idiots burning out their rack causing a sure win to go to sure loss? No pair of Cynabal's losing a droneless half dead Armageddon? An entire team (not the multiboxer guy) apply a grand total of about 0 damage for the entire fight?

Well, a triple MJD Domi team nearly lost to a no-scram team with a few Claymores that had burned out their MWDs and/or launchers, sooooooo

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Eve-Bet just made a quick 5b. #agmarfailteam

JakeLiebenow
Apr 21, 2013

Alchenar posted:

Have to give them props for being the perennial phoenixes of EVE. They always manage to put themselves in a position to be killed several times over, but never really seem to go away.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

JakeLiebenow posted:

Have to give them props for being the perennial phoenixes of EVE. They always manage to put themselves in a position to be killed several times over, but never really seem to go away.

This seems weirdly fitting, then:

http://www.stain-removal-101.com/ashes-stain-removal.html posted:

The stains caused by ash can be quite dark, and spread easily if they are rubbed. Therefore, one of the most important things to remember about removing an ash stain is to rub as little as possible, because that will just spread the stain further.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Klyith posted:

PL hasn't been able to practice effectively. They've spent a while running from Hydra spies (just like everyone else in the NEO at the moment), and eventually moved into a WH. Unfortunately, Hydra managed to infiltrate that as well.

On Friday night, Hydra rapecaged the staging POS, and then built a cock-and-balls out of bubbles outside of the POS.
Anchored cans are spurting out of the tip of the cock, and each can is named with a different URL -- each one leading to a Youtube of PL practicing a various comp.
(Except for one, that was a little "hello" message from Hydra.)

Oh, and #rekt spelled out in mobile depots.

I'll see if I can post some pics.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Thurin posted:

Tournament ships have some weird fits, PL were running dual-buffer-tanked Ishtars and a Gila with 3 Omnis in the mids.

Honestly I think that PL would've been better off with dual damps on their ishtars and using inquisitors for their logi frigs, rather than going with the shield based setup. It just provides a lot more utility in terms of what you can do with them, and ishtars are pretty much going to die once they get caught anyway. The dual tank didn't really give them anything in that match.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ullerrm posted:

PL hasn't been able to practice effectively. They've spent a while running from Hydra spies (just like everyone else in the NEO at the moment), and eventually moved into a WH. Unfortunately, Hydra managed to infiltrate that as well.

On Friday night, Hydra rapecaged the staging POS, and then built a cock-and-balls out of bubbles outside of the POS.
Anchored cans are spurting out of the tip of the cock, and each can is named with a different URL -- each one leading to a Youtube of PL practicing a various comp.

:stare: that's uh, some dedication to the sport. I'm legitimately impressed.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

ullerrm posted:

Okay this is hilarious.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

Given everything else in this game it seems par for the course. I'm even more glad that PL lost considering they should have just been practicing like normal and just sucking up the fact they were being spied on after all that.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No wonder PL has to spend half the year planning for the alliance tournament.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

ullerrm posted:

:laffo:

Famethrowa posted:

Considering the money you get from tournaments, it seems well worth it.

JakeLiebenow
Apr 21, 2013
I'm getting a little tired of vacationing. I left for a bit while Solo Drakban was moving the servers over to do poo poo with some friends, and I never moved back. Might be about time to check things out again, though.

ullerrm posted:

:master:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

JakeLiebenow posted:

Who, TEST? They got killed once and haven't done anything of note since then. The fact that they've made it a whole year and a half without disbanding is a pretty far cry from being a perennial phoenix. More like a very slowly decaying zombie.

mikey posted:

Well, a triple MJD Domi team nearly lost to a no-scram team with a few Claymores that had burned out their MWDs and/or launchers, sooooooo
That one was pretty ridiculous. And there's been a few dud compositions (exodus's triple vindi, now table is making GBS threads the bed with a bad gila setup). But other than that it's been pretty good. Honestly though even the first weekend wasn't that bad. When you consider that there were one or two experienced teams that lowballed the entry bid so didn't even get it, it feels like there are close to 32 teams that are at least competitive, if not great.

Right now I think the biggest weakness of the current format is the initial seeding. Double elimination helps, but there were definitely sections of the draw that were pretty weak. One reason the second half of last Sunday was such a joke was that there were good teams in the losers bracket right away.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

This is amazing, but I fail to see the part where the solution is to not practice. And I recognize that my own dodgy practice schedule makes me saying this pretty ironic :v:.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

ullerrm posted:

Hahaha, wow. That's some top-notch psychological warfare. "Hey, we saw everything. Also, dicks. :gizz:"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

bonewitch posted:

Considering the money you get from tournaments, it seems well worth it.

Compared to the average income of an alliance is it really that significant?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
A while back, I saw some Hydra Reloaded fleet in local, and said something to the effect of "Hydra still exists?" The very first reply was something about winning the Alliance Tournament. I figured it was just a joke reply, but apparently they're quite a bit more serious about it than I thought.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Famethrowa posted:

Compared to the average income of an alliance is it really that significant?

AT ships go for somthing absurd like 80b each, 50 of them is a huge amount of asset. Not sure about the NEO prize but I imagine its pretty large as well.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

bonewitch posted:

AT ships go for somthing absurd like 80b each, 50 of them is a huge amount of asset. Not sure about the NEO prize but I imagine its pretty large as well.

Oh. drat. Guess I should pay more attention to AT. I've always thought it as kinda silly that PL got all weird about it. :shrug:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Daler Mehndi posted:

A while back, I saw some Hydra Reloaded fleet in local, and said something to the effect of "Hydra still exists?" The very first reply was something about winning the Alliance Tournament. I figured it was just a joke reply, but apparently they're quite a bit more serious about it than I thought.

Hydra Reloaded is a joke alliance created by Genos Occidere for the sole purpose of competing in alliance tournaments. While they roam around some, these days 99% of what they do is preparing for the next tournament. They have no relation to the old Hydra alliance.

For non-AT tournaments (NEO, SCL) they generally use the name Warlords of the Deep.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

bonewitch posted:

Not sure about the NEO prize but I imagine its pretty large as well.
NEO prize is straight cash money, $25k divided among the top three teams 12/8/5. So actually a lot less than than the AT ships when you consider that all 50 ships would have a theoretical value of like $50k in PLEX.

Daler Mehndi posted:

I think Hydra as an alliance pretty much exists only as a team to enter the tournament with. HUN is fairly similar. And I think a big reason that a couple corps reformed TRI was to put together a powerhouse AT team (they had 3 different teams in the NEO).

The tournament is starting to become an entire separate eve profession at this point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, we flew around for 2 hours trying to get MOA to fight us.

They hid in station.

We still got like 3-4 killmails. :toot:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why people who claim to play for PVP and run from anything resembling a fight even play EVE.

":ohdear: I might lose a ship."

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Pomp posted:

I don't know why people who claim to play for PVP and run from anything resembling a fight even play EVE.

I went to Faction Warfare space in my Caracal and found someone in an atron running medium sites. I followed him back and forth between the two medium sites in the system, and all he did was complain in local how it's his site and he should get out. A tengu came to kill me, and so did he along with the tengu.

I killed him and the Tengu buggered off. He could've just, you know, went to a small site that I couldn't get inside.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Pomp posted:

MOA are particularly bad about this. They will hotdrop afk ratters all day but if you take a gang to fight them they cry about ~dishounourable blobbers~ and dock up.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Also no Shamis/Gobbins husband and wife bickering to motivate the team :smith:

Edit - Also don't forget that for Alliance Tournament teams have access to Duality and each team gets their own system to use that locks out non-alliance members, for NEO you only have SiSi or Tranquility.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 8, 2014

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Uba Stij posted:

Edit - Also don't forget that for Alliance Tournament teams have access to Duality and each team gets their own system to use that locks out non-alliance members, for NEO you only have SiSi or Tranquility.

It actually locks out non-alliance members without the password. This means if you ever bring another team in to practice against, you have to give them the password. If they subsequently are able to either leave someone in system or hand that password to soemone else before you change it, they've got a spy in system. The password doesn't prevent logging in (IIRC), it just prevents undocking and jumping in. Even if the password does prevent logging in, Duality doesn't need to reboot every night so it can take several weeks to get someone logged off.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Elmnt80 posted:

I was going to say that not being able to count to 3 made that dude a perfect candidate for Groon, but I doubt he'd last through 1-2 conversations with No-Fun Neilson.

We need a better acronym than NFS for him. Get to work, Elmnt. Also, idiot who can't count to 3 months, Neilson isn't as bad as Elmnt makes him out to be - Tim just hates Elmnt and I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007

Klyith posted:

NEO prize is straight cash money, $25k divided among the top three teams 12/8/5. So actually a lot less than than the AT ships when you consider that all 50 ships would have a theoretical value of like $50k in PLEX.

Don't they also get a share of the PLEX prize pool that the teams had to buy-in with? I've heard from the rumour mill that it's quite a substantial amount of plex.

Our fleet ran into Oodell Oaell 6 account multi boxing bomber last night. That guy is insanely good he was finding us in like 30 seconds and picking off our tiny little frigate fleet.

• Locked thread