Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Was that the Tem Ray Circuit?

I believe so.

This episode was fantastic, full of so many great stupid jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

First we get a fresh, funny take on the zombie episode, and now they knock it out of the park with a Groundhog Day episode.

That next episode preview sounds totally awesome.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
drat, this episode really hit close to home for me, in a good way. Out of all of the characters in this show, I never thought I'd end up relating to the goofy cat pervert, but there you go.

Also, I really loved how Japanese this episode was.

Cronodoculous posted:

That next episode preview sounds totally awesome.

Scarlet's coming back! :dance:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Everyone take a moment to appreciate that this episode aired on the 8th, and ended at midnight of the 9th.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Wrong thread

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 9, 2014

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Command Ant posted:

drat, this episode really hit close to home for me, in a good way. Out of all of the characters in this show, I never thought I'd end up relating to the goofy cat pervert, but there you go.

Also, I really loved how Japanese this episode was.

and Honey seems to actually have a more prominent role

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
This episode really was fantastic in alot of ways, whoever directed this episode really 'gets' the characters in a way that I felt alot of the other directors didn't, not just through the dialogue but through the animation as well, the quality was fantastic and the animation was super crisp and fluid, story was simple and very very sweetly told. Meow is the best.

At first I was forcing myself to watch this show, but I've started in a way to understand really dig the appeal of these utter clods going about the galaxy.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 9, 2014

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Ideon, Tem Ray Circut, Endless Eight/Groundhog Day, and has anyone noticed the Crossbone Vanguard MS in the opening sequence? I love this show so much :allears:

Also love that every other Betelgeusian besides Meow has a totally normal name.

cloverpie
Nov 18, 2012
Definitely one of the best episodes so far, despite it giving me horrible Endless Eight flashbacks. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I wish would make more of these serious(ish) episodes. I didn't even bother finishing last week's.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha, I really hope Dandy pulling a rocket launcher from nowhere was supposed to be a Dead or Alive reference. Er, the Takashi Miike movie, I mean, not the games.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

What a delightful episode! This might very well be my favorite one yet, closely followed by the space race and the penguin one. (That's right, the zombie episode is not in my Top 3 :colbert: ) The characters are just so hilariously stupid in such an endearing way, something that normally frustrates me to no end. Meow's home planet also feels like the perfect Groundhog Day setting, just for how relaxed and cicada-y it was.

This show took some time to get rolling, but it was worth it! It's baffling how one of the weakest episodes was also the first one...

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
There's something amazingly captivating about Space Dandy characters.

I'm really curious now to see how the QT centered episode gonna be like.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Haha, I really hope Dandy pulling a rocket launcher from nowhere was supposed to be a Dead or Alive reference. Er, the Takashi Miike movie, I mean, not the games.

It HAS to be.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Ideon, Tem Ray Circut, Endless Eight/Groundhog Day, and has anyone noticed the Crossbone Vanguard MS in the opening sequence? I love this show so much :allears:

I hope they weren't referencing the Endless Eight and that the date was a coincidence or they picked 8 because it looks like the infinity loop, because Haruhi is not a series worth paying homage to.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 9, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Symbolic Butt posted:

There's something amazingly captivating about Space Dandy characters.

I'm really curious now to see how the QT centered episode gonna be like.

Oh man, a QT episode would be so great. QT is easily my favorite character because of that auto-tuned voice and all the silly emoticon-faces.

"Wanna shoot me in the face and see if I wake up tomorrow?"

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
The piggest problem with this episode is that Dandy actually hit the thing he was trying to shoot with his raygun.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

FortMax posted:

The piggest problem with this episode is that Dandy actually hit the thing he was trying to shoot with his raygun.

Inconsistency? In my Space Dandy? :colbert:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

I was wondering what was up with that but I think you're right. Except that Dandy still had both arms.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zorak posted:

I believe so.

This episode was fantastic, full of so many great stupid jokes.

The "google it, idiot" part was the first time I laughed out loud at a cartoon in ages. I have no idea why.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 10, 2014

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Meow's dad is the platonic ideal of every cool blue-collar dad, except that he is also a cat.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

FortMax posted:

It's fine though because it still managed to accomplish nothing.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is there a way to check the cast list? A friend wants to know who was the voice of Meow's dad.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

FortMax posted:

He didn't pose. So long as Dandy doesn't pose, he's perfectly competent.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

Is there a way to check the cast list? A friend wants to know who was the voice of Meow's dad.

Gogol it, idiot!
Apparently it's David Wald. Although I am going off Wikipedia, because IMDb doesn't have any detailed information for non-main characters.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!
It's a small enough thing, but I really liked the anachronistic incidental junk Meow had in his room. Between the cassettes, the radio and the countach poster, it was like a time capsule from the early eighties.

Command Ant posted:

This excites me more than it really ought to.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The 4th wall breaking where they thought they had superpowers and the narrator had to whip them into shape was great.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

livingfruitvirus posted:

I hope they weren't referencing the Endless Eight and that the date was a coincidence or they picked 8 because it looks like the infinity loop, because Haruhi is not a series worth paying homage to.

haruhi is way better than this show.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Two Worlds posted:

Opinion alert! I object on subjective grounds and thus your opinion is null and void.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He is right, about Haruhi, actually

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Plus it taking them 88 days to realize that something was weird was a subtle Back to the Future reference.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

If the repeated actions were re animated like in Endless 8 then it would have elevated Space Dandy to greatness.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Two Worlds posted:

I just shivered

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

livingfruitvirus posted:

Haruhi is worth paying homage to.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Hi promo 11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-E4WDmLGk

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

livingfruitvirus posted:

because Haruhi is not a series worth paying homage to.

I am literally smh right now.

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
the endless eight is one of the most important parts of one of the most important series in television's recent past, and it is honorable, sweet and desirable to pay it humble respects.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Hi this episode had a time loop because if you tip an 8 on its side it looks like the infinity symbol ∞ and not as a homage to a cartoon for people who are still depressed over how lame their high school experience was even though they're in their 20s.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I bet there will be a high school episode.

A dandy in space high school.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Broniki posted:

Hi this episode had a time loop because if you tip an 8 on its side it looks like the infinity symbol ∞ and not as a homage to a cartoon for people who are still depressed over how lame their high school experience was even though they're in their 20s.

This isn't an emptyquote. I just really like this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Broniki posted:

Hi this episode had a time loop because if you tip an 8 on its side it looks like the infinity symbol ∞ and not as a homage to a cartoon for people who are still depressed over how lame their high school experience was even though they're in their 20s30s.

I changed a bit.

• Locked thread