Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!

TequilaJesus posted:

Is there a console command or mod way to change this on my current save? I have some time invested in this guy and like what I've done with him so far.

Type "enableracemenu" in the console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

TequilaJesus posted:

Is there a console command or mod way to change this on my current save? I have some time invested in this guy and like what I've done with him so far.

enablestatreviewmenu works, but apparently you will lose all your spells, and your disease immunity from corprus if you have it

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
you can console back your spells too so it's not a big deal.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

TequilaJesus posted:

So I made a mistake and rolled an Altmer for roleplaying reasons. What do I do to make this suck less?

keep with it you pussy

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TequilaJesus posted:

waaah I accidentally picked the race with affinity for magic

dont betray your race you puss

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Originally I had meant an in-game way to work around the horrible damage I take from a single fire spell. I imagine constant effect resist magicka 50 rings probably aren't too feasible to make.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Get Denstagmer's Ring, you dingus.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Mortimer posted:

waaah I accidentally picked the race with affinity for magic

dont betray your race you puss

Ugh, you sound like a drat Thalmor agent. I bet you're one of those "Skyrim" people.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Get Denstagmer's Ring, you dingus.

Perfect. Thank you.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I need a lifelong smoker who can growl "muthsera....." in my life

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
nehrim is pretty good. the only bad part is the terrible oblivion combat in it.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

nehrim is pretty good. the only bad part is the terrible oblivion combat in it.

unfortunately that is a pretty hefty bad part

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

garth ferengi posted:

I need a lifelong smoker who can growl "muthsera....." in my life

I've been told I can do a drat good Dunmer voice.

"We're watching you, scum."

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Error 404 posted:

I've been told I can do a drat good Dunmer voice.

"We're watching you, scum."

Record "short trip, long trip, you decide." please

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Not Seeing the Appeal (self.Morrowind)
submitted 4 hours ago* by Mzuark

I do like it, but I don't see why people treat it like the be all, end all of RPG gaming.
The 'deep' story...really wasn't that great. It's just another run of the mill, "you are the chosen one. You can either be in complete denial or accept it" I feel like fans are really confusing the story with the lore, and characters like Vivec, which were the most impressive parts of the game. But Bethesda always has good lore and at least one great and memorable character. Vivec, Lucien, Paarthunax.

Blah, blah, blah, the setting's unique. Blah, blah, blah it doesn't hold your hand. There's nothing unique about Volcanos, big Mushrooms and Ash you guys. That's pretty much everywhere. And as for not holding your hand with fast travel and quest markers. I can't imagine that was a very popular mechanic back before all this nonsense about hardcore gaming and being "challenged" became a thing. I imagine it was a collasal pain in the rear end. OT: People are aware that these things can just be turned off right? Are you so oppressed by their existence that they need to be modded out?

Seriously, I read all these praises for Morrowind, then go back and play the game and it just feels like you're all just blinded by nostalgia or at best, this feeling of "older is better" But I suppose that me doubting the greatness of TES 3 is just a product of being a casual that got into the series by playing Skyrim first, Oblivion second and Morrowind last. Because as we all know, playing barely connected games out of sequence is an ethereal sin.

I know this is phrased in a really dickish way, but I mean no personal insult.
And one more thing, everyone needs to stop talking about mods when hyping up Morrowind. No, if you're going to praise something. You should praise the Vanilla/Official Add-Ons. The actual game, not the constant remakes.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

cthulhoo posted:

Not Seeing the Appeal (self.Morrowind)
submitted 4 hours ago* by Mzuark

I do like it, but I don't see why people treat it like the be all, end all of RPG gaming.
The 'deep' story...really wasn't that great. It's just another run of the mill, "you are the chosen one. You can either be in complete denial or accept it" I feel like fans are really confusing the story with the lore, and characters like Vivec, which were the most impressive parts of the game. But Bethesda always has good lore and at least one great and memorable character. Vivec, Lucien, Paarthunax.

Blah, blah, blah, the setting's unique. Blah, blah, blah it doesn't hold your hand. There's nothing unique about Volcanos, big Mushrooms and Ash you guys. That's pretty much everywhere. And as for not holding your hand with fast travel and quest markers. I can't imagine that was a very popular mechanic back before all this nonsense about hardcore gaming and being "challenged" became a thing. I imagine it was a collasal pain in the rear end. OT: People are aware that these things can just be turned off right? Are you so oppressed by their existence that they need to be modded out?

Seriously, I read all these praises for Morrowind, then go back and play the game and it just feels like you're all just blinded by nostalgia or at best, this feeling of "older is better" But I suppose that me doubting the greatness of TES 3 is just a product of being a casual that got into the series by playing Skyrim first, Oblivion second and Morrowind last. Because as we all know, playing barely connected games out of sequence is an ethereal sin.

I know this is phrased in a really dickish way, but I mean no personal insult.
And one more thing, everyone needs to stop talking about mods when hyping up Morrowind. No, if you're going to praise something. You should praise the Vanilla/Official Add-Ons. The actual game, not the constant remakes.

haha what a babby

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

and furthermore reddit delenda est.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't know guys, makes you think....

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Remember when I said morrowblivion was better than MGO I was just as dumb ITT we can help this guy

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

omg chael crash posted:

Remember when I said morrowblivion was better than MGO I was just as dumb ITT we can help this guy

Idk if this guy didn't get the blazingly obvious "prophecy is bullshit" theme the MQ kept pounding him with I think he's being pretty willfully contrary

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it continues to astound me how so many people miss the fact that the main quest literally word-for-word tells you "you are not the Nerevarine" at least once

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

wait what

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

it continues to astound me how so many people miss the fact that the main quest literally word-for-word tells you "you are not the Nerevarine" at least once

counterpoint: reading is p hard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

You are not the Nerevarine. You are one who may become the Nerevarine. It is a puzzle, and a hard one. But you have found some of the pieces, and you may find more. Do you choose to be the Nerevarine? Then seek the lost prophecies among the Dissident priests of the Temple. Find the lost prophecies, bring them to me, and I will be your guide.
then when dagoth ur asks if you're the nerevarine most of your options amount to either 1) boasting like a tool about the GRACE OF THE GODS AND FATE or 2) going "i dunno lol"

it's kind of important that you're never really called "never reincarnated" so much as "nerevar incarnate", in the same way that i am gay fatness incarnate but it wouldn't make sense for me to call myself the reincarnation of gay fat - i simply do all of the things expected of gay fat until someone makes my photo the page picture for the "fat and gay" wikipedia article, i think.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

There's nothing unique about Volcanos, big Mushrooms and Ash you guys. That's pretty much everywhere.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Even if you are a nerevarine, the game straight up shows you the ghosts of all the other unlucky rubes azura tricked into thinking the same thing and died

You just happened to be the first one with chim. Azura got lucky, everyone else gets hosed

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

cthulhoo posted:

Bethesda always has good lore and at least one great and memorable character. Vivec, Lucien, Paarthunax.

lol i can literally not remember then name of a single character other than martin in oblivion or FO3, both of which are bethesda games that i played way too much of

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
lucien was incredibly lame lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

smokyprogg posted:

lol i can literally not remember then name of a single character other than martin in oblivion or FO3, both of which are bethesda games that i played way too much of

I remember Casta Scribonia, author of "Woman Gone Wild".

Not even making that up.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
oh lucien is the dark brotherhood guy, aka a dude with dark and mysterious as literally his only character trait

bethesda, writers of the year every year

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Disco Infiva posted:

There's nothing unique about Volcanos, big Mushrooms and Ash you guys. That's pretty much everywhere.

I think Bethesda took this kind of criticism of Oblivion a bit too literally because in later games (thinking of Shivering Isles and Skyrim's Blackreach) they added GIANT FUKKIN MUSHROOMS :supaburn: where they an wanted exotic and otherworldly atmosphere.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

smokyprogg posted:

oh lucien is the dark brotherhood guy, aka a dude with dark and mysterious as literally his only character trait

bethesda, writers of the year every year

[intelligence] ~farrrrrtz~

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Clark Nova posted:

I think Bethesda took this kind of criticism of Oblivion a bit too literally because in later games (thinking of Shivering Isles and Skyrim's Blackreach) they added GIANT FUKKIN MUSHROOMS :supaburn: where they an wanted exotic and otherworldly atmosphere.

At least they kinda fit thematically in Black Reach, with the falmer's backstory and all v:shobon:v

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

drat I love modding creeper :allears:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

smokyprogg posted:

Hmmm... Elsie (or Else?) God-Hater, Lucien, Rufio, Lelles, Ongar the World Weary, Glarthir, Davide Surielle, Tamika, the Grey Prince, the Grey Fox (sort of.) For an RPG thats pretty bad, yeah.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

Hmmm... Elsie (or Else?) God-Hater, Lucien, Rufio, Lelles, Ongar the World Weary, Glarthir, Davide Surielle, Tamika, the Grey Prince, the Grey Fox (sort of.) For an RPG thats pretty bad, yeah.

who the gently caress are those dumbs where in morrowind are they

davide owns a vineyard in foreskingrad? why is he memorable

I don't remember the names of half the morrowind npc's anyway. for example: who sends you to get the puzzle box? hasmat aspolitimiasis, no idea. doesn't mean it's a good/bad game

mbt fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 9, 2014

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't know why he's memorable (other than that his name pops up a lot in character dialogue) but I remembered his name which was the goal of the exercise. If you'd asked me to name Morrowind characters I could probably do a lot more, as I said in my post that wasn't a good amount for an RPG which I put a lot of time into. As far as characterization I liked the Grey Prince and Ongar, one line that he had. That was about it. Lelles was okay I guess, as a quest-associated character. Bruma Mages guild was okay too, thats about it.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 9, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

hailthefish posted:

and furthermore reddit delenda est.

Isn't that something those fags from poo poo Reddit Says spout all day? lol, you hang out with those losers, what a loving idiot.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

It doesn't help that half the characters in Morrowind have retarded unpronounceable latin names I can't even hope to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cthulhoo posted:

It doesn't help that half the characters in Morrowind have retarded unpronounceable latin names I can't even hope to remember.

Hi my name is Cauissius Calloflopadeusium, welcome to my shop you filthy N'wah.

• Locked thread