Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

dbzfandiego posted:

Dose any one know a way to get 2 perks every level, I know its overpowered but I'd like to use more perks in my next playthrough.

Theres a trait you can take to get a perk every level. May be from jsawyer or CCO or PN. Not sure. Comes at the cost of half your DT and 1/2 the health from healing items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

SpookyLizard posted:

Theres a trait you can take to get a perk every level. May be from jsawyer or CCO or PN. Not sure. Comes at the cost of half your DT and 1/2 the health from healing items.

Probably CCo since PN definitely doesn't add any traits and IIRC JSawyer doesn't either. You can also use Project Nevada's rebalance menu to set one perk per level. I don't think it's possible to get more than that short of consoling in perks manually.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You're probably very much right, but it wouldn't surprise me if it came in with PN-Rebalance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39088/

A quick search got me this. Maybe try it out?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Confirming CCO has a trait along those line.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
In CCO it's called "Fear the Reaper" and it makes it so you get a perk every level, but your damage threshold is halved, and you get less benefit from healing items.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
So I did a thing.

Was on my mind for a long time to do and just put it off and put it off. It's done now. Handed the completed file off to the authors of the model/texture for them to decide whether or not to release it on Nexus. Animates more or less as well as can be expected for a blackpowder flintlock without proper animations; probably smoother aesthetically than the Colt 1849's animations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You guys are truly something special.

Are there any calipers you'd like to see in what I'm tentatively calling ARMS? The commie intermediate cartridges are on the only real rounds I have down so far, and I'd love some input on where to draw a line in the sperg.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The usual russian rounds that are more or less covered by most of Millenia's weapon releases thus far. .40S&W, some form of .300/30-06 I guess but .308 satisfies me for these? Comedy .950 JDJ option. Honestly, the base game covers almost all the common rounds to start with and anything more than that and maybe a couple more you start getting to spergy levels (for me).

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

The usual russian rounds that are more or less covered by most of Millenia's weapon releases thus far. .40S&W, some form of .300/30-06 I guess but .308 satisfies me for these? Comedy .950 JDJ option. Honestly, the base game covers almost all the common rounds to start with and anything more than that and maybe a couple more you start getting to spergy levels (for me).

I did forget about .40, but .30-06 was on the list of 'probably', where I also have 9x39mm. I also have 7.62x54r on there, though I dunno if there's any guns you guys have that actually use that (And if you don't, you should, there should definitely be a high-res Mosin-Nagant).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
7.62x51mm NATO, but it's more or less covered with .308. 7.62x54mmR for a lot of AKs and variants. 5.45x39mm for more AK-74s and variants. 9x39mm for the Val, Groza, SR3, VSK, VSS, 9A91 and some other newer Russian rifles. 9x18mm for the some of the more popular Russian pistols.

Honestly that's about all I can think of that is used by really popular Russian weaponry. Just like anything there's a ton of obscure stuff or well known stuff that was really only used by one or two guns like the Tokarev TT but adding stuff like that is where you start getting overboard IMO.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Does the infinite loading screen mean my save file is corrupted? :doh:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

No. It comes and goes for me, but an easy workaround is to start a new game, then load your latest save while in Doc Mitchell's house. Haven't found any way to prevent it though.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

7.62x51mm NATO, but it's more or less covered with .308. 7.62x54mmR for a lot of AKs and variants. 5.45x39mm for more AK-74s and variants. 9x39mm for the Val, Groza, SR3, VSK, VSS, 9A91 and some other newer Russian rifles. 9x18mm for the some of the more popular Russian pistols.

Honestly that's about all I can think of that is used by really popular Russian weaponry. Just like anything there's a ton of obscure stuff or well known stuff that was really only used by one or two guns like the Tokarev TT but adding stuff like that is where you start getting overboard IMO.

Well for v1 I hope to improve the existing ammos, fix any weird things, and add enough ammos to make Weapons of the New Millenia accurate. Subsequent versions will include extra calibers for all of your crazy moon calibers and modding needs.

I'm thinking of adding 7.62x51mm as a surplus for .308. 7.62x39 is not the same thing as 7.62x54, by the way. AK's don't shoot x54r.

Do you guys (or anyone in thread, really) have any requests for any specific calibers or subtypes of ammo? New Vegas already has a pretty good selection available, and I intend to mirror it where appropriate for new rounds.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I was thinking of the PKM and SVD when I said 7.62x54mmR and was sure the 47 used it as well. My bad.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

I was thinking of the PKM and SVD when I said 7.62x54mmR and was sure the 47 used it as well. My bad.

It's okay buddy. I'm just busting your balls.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

ethanol posted:

No, but NVAC has gotten rid of it nearly entirely for me.

Also, can someone recommend a retexture mod for ghouls, both feral and not? I really like how FCO handles them but I hate basically everything else about that mod.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ethanol posted:

Try loading a new game, then load your save. Sometimes that works. :gamebryo:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Naky posted:

Just like anything there's a ton of obscure stuff or well known stuff that was really only used by one or two guns like the Tokarev TT but adding stuff like that is where you start getting overboard IMO.

In my own game I just called it the Tokarev Model 213 and said "close enough". Since it's a Chinese variant, that seems to fit in well with the Sino-American War stuff in Fallout lore, actually.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Antistar01 posted:

In my own game I just called it the Tokarev Model 213 and said "close enough". Since it's a Chinese variant, that seems to fit in well with the Sino-American War stuff in Fallout lore, actually.

I was confused about your post until I realized you were talking about the gun itself and I was refering to its ammo :laugh: I never worry about the lore when it comes to the weapons I release with Millenia. I like to justify it by saying that Tactics had quite a bit of fairly recently designed and created weapons like the P90 so there's no real reason to think that the accepted timeline split of the 1950s instantly meant that all firearms after that period wouldn't have the same timeline of creation either.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Right, sorry; I was a bit vague there. I meant that I called the gun that since the Model 213 uses 9x19mm, which is already in the game of course.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Ah that makes more sense, yeah. Sorry, I'm a bit muddled from preparing no less than three different weapon releases for Nexus these past few hours. Two are out, one more real soon (not a Millenia release though).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Capn Beeb posted:

No, but NVAC has gotten rid of it nearly entirely for me.

Also, can someone recommend a retexture mod for ghouls, both feral and not? I really like how FCO handles them but I hate basically everything else about that mod.

For Ferals, I'd recommend "Ghouls are People Too"

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46583/

Adds a few little things to the ghouls to make them look more like former humans. Rather subtle and neat.

There's also this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38727/

Which is pretty drat detailed/gruesome.

While we're on the subject of ghouls, I'm adding in Yukichigai's "Playable Ghoul Race" to the compilation. I feel it's the only new race that is lore friendly enough for inclusion. I guess it makes more sense that you might be a ghoul than a robot or a super mutant.

I've tweaked a few perks to make it so that they're ghoul exclusive, or locked out to ghouls (so if you're a ghoul, you'll be able to have an affinity for ferals or be a glowing one, but you'll not be able to get any of the charisma-specific perks etc)

Also updated all ingestibles (again) to have a lesser duration for ghouls or just be plain bad for them (like Rad-Away/Rad-X)

I'm thinking of including FCO's two "ghoul" races as alternate versions of the vanilla one, and maybe making the half-ghoul preset be a sort of compromise between the two (lower penalties/bonuses, access to more/less perks etc)

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 10, 2014

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Okay so ive got a vague plan of attack for ARMS. First release may come out tonight, because im gonna load up on espresso on my way out of work and see what i cant bang out. Based on polling of interested parties im going to retain the way that you loose small amounts of ammo. If anyone would like to help test poo poo it out as i author it, yell at me in the thread/pms/aim/steam and ill throw an esm at you.

Which reminds me that i need to install wyre bash so i can make esms.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

SpookyLizard posted:

Okay so ive got a vague plan of attack for ARMS. First release may come out tonight, because im gonna load up on espresso on my way out of work and see what i cant bang out. Based on polling of interested parties im going to retain the way that you loose small amounts of ammo. If anyone would like to help test poo poo it out as i author it, yell at me in the thread/pms/aim/steam and ill throw an esm at you.

Which reminds me that i need to install wyre bash so i can make esms.

If you have FNVEdit, you can use it to make esms as well. In the file header, right click on the record flags field, click edit and select esm.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

delta534 posted:

If you have FNVEdit, you can use it to make esms as well. In the file header, right click on the record flags field, click edit and select esm.

oh snap, I didn't realise you could do that. I'd been using Wyre Bash for it for loving ever. I'll do that then. When I make progress worth sharing. Eventually.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
I only recently got back from my Arizona trip, but when I read the posts that were made in this thread while I was gone, I saw that there was a request that when I released the mod, that I include a text file that listed all the items in displays.

I thought he brought up an important point that I had overlooked before, but just throwing a list into a text document feels lazy and inadequate. So I went and added this:

There is one flag for every item, and when you click on it, it opens a menu that gives you these options for the item it represents:

1) Take All
2) Get Count
3) Un/lock

Take All does as the name suggests, and takes all of that item out of the display. This option is only available if the item is unlocked. Get Count tells you how many of that item the display can hold, and how many you need left to fill it. Specifically, it will show a message box with something like this: "The display has room for 5 'Doctor's Bag (s)'. 2 are still needed to fill the display."

Finally, the lock/unlock option allows you to do just that, lock and unlock that item in the display. For instance, if you were to lock the RadAway, then you can no longer take RadAway off the shelf, and more RadAway can't be put on the shelf. The idea is that if you don't want the sorting system messing with that item on your display for aesthetic purposes, or if you want to keep whatever is on the shelf as backup (so you can't accidentally craft with it), then you can lock it and ensure it isn't messed with.

Because I feel that anything out of the ordinary needs some backstory as a form of in-story explanation, the little flags actually are little Nevada state flags that have been modified. The explanation I'm giving (all in note and terminal form) is that the Rangers found a box of little cocktail flags buried deep in the storage room. The cocktail flags were likely originally intended for a state run celebration of some sort, and through the years, somehow journeyed to the rear end end of Clark county, buried in an Enclave storage room. Some of the Rangers are actually cited as not being entirely comfortable or familiar with having a safe roof over their heads, and neatly putting equipment away probably isn't a strong suit. So in a fit of boredom and exasperation at the mess, the leader (whom Omnicarus cited as Rob) sat down, cut out some stencils, then bleached [and fluoresced] the little cocktail flags using a solution of Abraxo cleaner and Nuka-Cola Quartz. He then went around and pinned them up, as a bit of a passive-aggressive "This is where poo poo goes, make sure it doesn't stray" move.

As for how complete all this is; all the scripting that makes it work is already done, but this is the only shelf that is currently flagged. Doing the other shelves just requires creating the appropriate textures when needed, and putting them into place. Actually linking each individual flag to a set of items is super easy and just done through a linked reference. I also completed the library display (minus the flags).

Once adding the flags is done, I'm trying to decide on whether I should finish redoing all the decor, or if I should move on to working in the rest of the station again, and do the decor last, when everything else is done.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

:sicknasty:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The King of Swag posted:

I also completed the library display (minus the flags).

Once adding the flags is done, I'm trying to decide on whether I should finish redoing all the decor, or if I should move on to working in the rest of the station again, and do the decor last, when everything else is done.

Holy crap you know how to tease me just right King of Swag :fap:

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Do you have any idea how strange it is realizing you actually look forward to stacking old magazines in a loving videogame? Do you?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I don't even need another player housing mod. I have Underground Hideout and the Survivalist's Bunker already.

But goddammit, I'm getting Lombard Station when it comes out. :magical:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Lombard Station is basically Fallout 4.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Nobody Interesting posted:

Lombard Station is basically Fallout 4.

With expectations like these, I can't possibly disappoint! :v:

I'm really surprised everyone is excited about the magazines; I've been kinda ho-hum about them, because I couldn't think of anything more exciting than stacking them up. I figured that if anything in that post was going to raise any sort of excitement at all, it would be the added functionality to the displays.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
Sorry for the double-post, but I thought I'd post some pictures of what an empty shelf looks like, with all the newly added flags. I'm hoping that even with an empty display, the flags will help give a good idea of what goes there*, even at just a glance. I took these in-game instead of in-GECK, to give an accurate picture of what it looks like while standing at the display.

* You can of course find out for sure, just by putting your crosshair over the flag and reading the name.

Edit: I'm not a filthy communist and do understand the proper way to hang a flag vertically, and recognize that the Mentats and Fixer flag are hung backwards. That's because of how the flag is textured; the texture is simply flipped on the backside and thus the text appears backwards, and I'm too lazy to go back just to fix the 3 flags where I didn't account for this (by reversing the item icon in Photoshop).

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 13, 2014

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I love the little lights inside the shelves. You have a great appreciation for detail.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

The King of Swag posted:

With expectations like these, I can't possibly disappoint! :v:

I'm really surprised everyone is excited about the magazines; I've been kinda ho-hum about them, because I couldn't think of anything more exciting than stacking them up. I figured that if anything in that post was going to raise any sort of excitement at all, it would be the added functionality to the displays.

I'm just excited about this automatic sorting malarky full stop. I'm not one for prettying up an in game home, but I'm also not one for carrying close to my weight limit all the time. The latter happens because I run out of patience running around the Lucky 38 finding cupboards to stash everything in.

I might actually be able to give hardcore mode a go if you're giving me a place to stash ammo and chems sanely.

Rope Kid's hiring you for Fallout 4, right (I mean lol Bethesda surely aren't allowed to do it)? You'll be in charge of aspects of gameplay affected by the Tidy Livin' trait.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

The King of Swag posted:

I only recently got back from my Arizona trip, but when I read the posts that were made in this thread while I was gone, I saw that there was a request that when I released the mod, that I include a text file that listed all the items in displays.

I thought he brought up an important point that I had overlooked before, but just throwing a list into a text document feels lazy and inadequate. So I went and added this:

There is one flag for every item, and when you click on it, it opens a menu that gives you these options for the item it represents:

1) Take All
2) Get Count
3) Un/lock

Take All does as the name suggests, and takes all of that item out of the display. This option is only available if the item is unlocked. Get Count tells you how many of that item the display can hold, and how many you need left to fill it. Specifically, it will show a message box with something like this: "The display has room for 5 'Doctor's Bag (s)'. 2 are still needed to fill the display."

Finally, the lock/unlock option allows you to do just that, lock and unlock that item in the display. For instance, if you were to lock the RadAway, then you can no longer take RadAway off the shelf, and more RadAway can't be put on the shelf. The idea is that if you don't want the sorting system messing with that item on your display for aesthetic purposes, or if you want to keep whatever is on the shelf as backup (so you can't accidentally craft with it), then you can lock it and ensure it isn't messed with.

Because I feel that anything out of the ordinary needs some backstory as a form of in-story explanation, the little flags actually are little Nevada state flags that have been modified. The explanation I'm giving (all in note and terminal form) is that the Rangers found a box of little cocktail flags buried deep in the storage room. The cocktail flags were likely originally intended for a state run celebration of some sort, and through the years, somehow journeyed to the rear end end of Clark county, buried in an Enclave storage room. Some of the Rangers are actually cited as not being entirely comfortable or familiar with having a safe roof over their heads, and neatly putting equipment away probably isn't a strong suit. So in a fit of boredom and exasperation at the mess, the leader (whom Omnicarus cited as Rob) sat down, cut out some stencils, then bleached [and fluoresced] the little cocktail flags using a solution of Abraxo cleaner and Nuka-Cola Quartz. He then went around and pinned them up, as a bit of a passive-aggressive "This is where poo poo goes, make sure it doesn't stray" move.

As for how complete all this is; all the scripting that makes it work is already done, but this is the only shelf that is currently flagged. Doing the other shelves just requires creating the appropriate textures when needed, and putting them into place. Actually linking each individual flag to a set of items is super easy and just done through a linked reference. I also completed the library display (minus the flags).

Oh gently caress me. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you for your attention to detail. The sperg center of my brain is so happy right now.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Are there meant to be two stacks for the Big Book of Science?

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

horse mans posted:

Are there meant to be two stacks for the Big Book of Science?

The Big Book of Science is true to its name, and is physically large. If you want to cram more than just a couple onto a shelf, you need to give it multiple places. Which is fine by me, because that's unused space otherwise. The original LS had a Hard Hat Working Area sign thrown into the shelf, but I replaced that with the additional Big Book of Science and a framed newspaper article about the Lucky 38.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

The King of Swag posted:

The Big Book of Science is true to its name, and is physically large. If you want to cram more than just a couple onto a shelf, you need to give it multiple places. Which is fine by me, because that's unused space otherwise. The original LS had a Hard Hat Working Area sign thrown into the shelf, but I replaced that with the additional Big Book of Science and a framed newspaper article about the Lucky 38.

:goonsay:

and i wouldn't have it any other way