Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dagon posted:

Converted from DVDA Bikers :heysexy:

If you want to get credit for a conversion, I will at some point need before and after photos to show that they're converted. You can use stock photos of the product as before photos if you want, but some kind of post-conversion close-up of a converted model or two where you describe the difference or show the greenstuff or whatever is needed too.

krushgroove posted:

:siren: Speaking of prizes... :siren:

poo poo poo poo poo poo it's already thursday! Prizes!

OK I will do February prizes today for sure.

Also we don't have Sole.Sushi's judgement from January yet, so I'm not the only laggard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

For March I oath these counts-as Ten Thunders monks-

The models are from Cipher Studios (intended for Anima Tactics) and GCT Studios (intended for Bushido). I'll be using them for Malifaux.

Conversions were the bases, changing thenm from standing on small rocks and balancing on twigs in ponds-

-into cobbled streets and balanced on brickwork, and smashing apart walls to huck at people.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Did we get a ruling on scratchbuilding as to whether or not that counts as a conversion for the sake of the jurnal entries? To be more specific, I'm thinking about scratch building some terrain for this months oath. If not, I do have some converted models on my desk awaiting a lick of paint but wanted to hold off on painting those until the rest of the models were converted (necromunda gang out of chaos cultists)

Tonight I have a wife free night, so if terrain counts towards the jurnal, then I foresee an evening of cereal packet card, sticky back plastic and a butt load of polystyrene... and gallons of PVA glue. Oh yesss. Muuuhahahahaha!

edit: wait, found it..

krushgroove posted:

I'd say scratch building falls under conversions because of the time and effort of making a decent scratch build or conversion, so have any it!

Can I just clarify whether this includes terrain? Just to be a pain in the backside :)

enri fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Mar 7, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

For March I oath these counts-as Ten Thunders monks-
The models are from Cipher Studios (intended for Anima Tactics) and GCT Studios (intended for Bushido). I'll be using them for Malifaux.

Accepted!

enri posted:

Can I just clarify whether this includes terrain? Just to be a pain in the backside :)

Yes it does :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

Yes it does :)

:dance:

epic, thanks... I'll get cracking tonight :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm making an Alternate Universe additional oath with some 12-year-old Woodland Scenics trees I've had laying around:

These are meant to be used with my 28mm scale figures - I'm slowly building up a bunch of homemade dungeon tiles. Also, the base is multi-colored because it's raw sand, bark, and wood. It won't be staying that color.

Oath finally Complete!

So the two morales of this story are 1) playing with strange craft store items to make trees is kind of fun (when it's not tedious) and 2) if I don't have a monthly limit on something that requires effort, I will apparently put it off for 10 months. But they're done now!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

For March, I pledge (1) 'Hell on Earth' mutant from Studio 2 Publishing. I'll be jazzing it up with post-apocalyptic weaponry bits (also from Studio 2) and giant fly wings (Zealot Miniatures). Scale is 28mm.

Here are my 'after' pictures for conversion of my mutant:

That mantis arm is going to get glued on after I paint it.

Confession: I love Bugman, and he'd totally be painted already, but for my buddies voting that our two-shot gaming adventure this weekend would be 'the one that uses the minis that Iris hasn't painted yet'. So in lieu of that, have some WIP shaky-cam gnomes. Neon hair and bowler hats for everyone!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Belatedly, :frogsiren: FEBRUARY PRIZES :frogsiren:

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: Haydrian!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to... oh poo poo.

OK so only two goons oathed a Corvus Belli miniature in February: Dagon, who has already won the prize once, and Indolent Bastard, who as we all know, failed his oath due to being unable to get to a computer on the 28th. I will have to discuss this issue with Krushgroove to decide what to do.

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: Raphus C!

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: LazyAngel!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Android!

Bi-Monthly Prize:

Ineptmule's Theme Prize for January/February, £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models goes to: M. Night Skymall!

Prizewinners, contact Krushgroove to claim your prizes.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Would a repose that involved cutting and green stuffing count for this month's jurnal?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Red Shoe posted:

Would a repose that involved cutting and green stuffing count for this month's jurnal?

Yes. Pretty much if you take knife to your models, sculpt something, move a bit, you are doing a conversion and it'll count. We are usually quite liberal in interpreting the monthly themes, and this month is no exception.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For March I oath one kitbashed techpriest. For Warhammer 40k, 28mm, all parts GW

I'm sure the hodgepodge of different plastics and metals makes the conversion pretty clear, I can post photos of the different stock models if preferred. Consists of the following parts which were bought, found, donated or in one case literally picked out of a pile of trash in the street:

Legs/torso back from Dark Angels marine
Torso front and shoulder pad from marine vehicle crew
Marine backpack with one vent removed
Scanner arm and servo-arm from a techmarine
Marine pistol arm
Rogue Trader era marine auto-pistol (yeah, that was a thing once)
Rogue Trader era ork axe
Empire Flagellant skull & scroll with added eyepiece from marine scout
Brettonian peasant archer head
Servo-claw from source unknown

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just an FYI: I'm going out of town from tomorrow morning until wednesday night, and I'm not bringing my computer. I will have access to SA, and my wife's computer, but it's unlikely I'll be making changes to the spreadsheet while I'm gone.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath this kitbashed Space Marine HQ on a bike, all GW parts from various eras. That backpack is (C) 1994! I'll probably try to model a cape or something, and I haven't settled on which marine torso and legs to use (robed or not-robed) so I just put them both in the photo.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Leperflesh posted:

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to... oh poo poo.

OK so only two goons oathed a Corvus Belli miniature in February: Dagon, who has already won the prize once, and Indolent Bastard, who as we all know, failed his oath due to being unable to get to a computer on the 28th. I will have to discuss this issue with Krushgroove to decide what to do.

Push it through to next month?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Bi-Monthly Prize:

Ineptmule's Theme Prize for January/February, £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models goes to: M. Night Skymall!

Congrats Mr Night Skymall! And on your first oath of the season as well!

PM or email me: n.kirkby at googlemail.com

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING for March: From Privateer Press, two gatormen and Bloody Barnabas. From Reaper Bones, a banshee and a sorceress

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
Question about One-Time Bonuses; can I do more than 1 on 1 model? Like, for instance, add a banner for Fly Your Flag and then pose it for In Battle?

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, oath (1) Games Workshop Converted Aspiring Champion of Chaos!

Save da Whales
Let's try this again!

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath (1) Games Workshop Space Marine and (4) Flames of War U.S. Rifle Company!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Truescale imperial guardAstra Militarum :v:!

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I might go buy some more parts for my kitbash today (I'm playing at the LGS, so I feel obligated to buy something). How does it work if I substitute in some of those parts (probably the space commander backpack, some shoulder pads and the actual cape rather than something I'd be completely greenstuffing) instead of using what was in my oath picture?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Namenlos posted:

Question about One-Time Bonuses; can I do more than 1 on 1 model? Like, for instance, add a banner for Fly Your Flag and then pose it for In Battle?

Early in the year I did both speed painting and box art on the same minis, so I think so.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Bretonnian chick on pegasus

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
For March, I oath this Games Workshop 28 mm Pile of Bits that will be a Chaos Lord/Sorcerer. The head is from Ahriman, the sword arm from Archaon in the Fantasy range, the body and backpack are from the 3rd edition metal Chaos Lord, and the left bolt pistol arm is reconstructed from leftover arm bits from the Chaos Marine kit and a 2nd edition Space Marine Bolt pistol since I lost the plasma pistol hand. It's a project a friend of mine bought the parts for when GW still had a bits service but we never finished.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of March 1 Converted Questing Knight (GW parts), 5 Mantic Wraith Models, and one Mantic Vampire

To get a look at what I did on the conversion for the questing knight here are a couple of close up photos on the knight:

I used a High Elf Nobel torso and arms, a Bretonnian Horse, the legs of a bretonnian knight, and a non-helmeted bretonnian knight head. The bits on the back of the horse are GW men at arms bits (used to make it look like he is carrying lots of gear with him) and the shield is a GW Grave guard shield which I am using because questing knights are traveling a lot and I figured he didn't have a chance to replace his shield since his last fight. The other bit visible is a bird in a little bad which will be glued to the horse when I get some paint on it.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Oath Addition
5 Boomhowlers and 1 Gorman Di Wulfe
Privateer Press

Original Oath:

Mt. ORourke posted:

Bring on March!
1 Stormclad and 5 Forge guard
(Privateer Press)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing one Daemon Prince converted from a Reaper Bones demon. 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Many apologies for not keeping up with things over the weekend, I'm still offline at home and it would just be supersuperhard to try to accept oaths over my phone's mobile data connection. So I'm sneaking these in at work!

Galaspar posted:

For March I oath one kitbashed techpriest. For Warhammer 40k, 28mm, all parts GW

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath this kitbashed Space Marine HQ on a bike, all GW parts from various eras.

Ledgem posted:

OATHING for March: From Privateer Press, two gatormen and Bloody Barnabas. From Reaper Bones, a banshee and a sorceress

Rikthor posted:

Namenlos posted:

I oath this Bretonnian chick on pegasus

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

For March, I oath this Games Workshop 28 mm Pile of Bits that will be a Chaos Lord/Sorcerer.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of March 1 Converted Questing Knight (GW parts), 5 Mantic Wraith Models, and one Mantic Vampire

Mt. ORourke posted:

Oath Addition
5 Boomhowlers and 1 Gorman Di Wulfe
Privateer Press

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing one Daemon Prince converted from a Reaper Bones demon. 28mm.
I've got this guy, and he's going to be a Daemon Prince for me, too!

All of these oaths are ACCEPTED!

Namenlos posted:

Yes! Just tell us what bonuses you're claiming in bold

drgnvale posted:

I might go buy some more parts for my kitbash today (I'm playing at the LGS, so I feel obligated to buy something). How does it work if I substitute in some of those parts (probably the space commander backpack, some shoulder pads and the actual cape rather than something I'd be completely greenstuffing) instead of using what was in my oath picture?
If it's a significant difference, then yes please a new photo of the bits or assembled model, quoting your original oath post. There's no way I'm going to keep track of what antenna/gun/cape from what era or company is going on the arm or whatever of your model, but if what you're swapping in is noticeably different than what's in your original oath picture, it will help everyone if you just post the new bits, whether they are attached or not, with the rest of the model you're painting.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 11, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath one Anyat the Morat Spec-Ops agent for the month of March. She's made by Corvus Belli for the game Infinity.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath one Anyat the Morat Spec-Ops agent for the month of March. She's made by Corvus Belli for the game Infinity.
Accepted!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, after some panic at not being able to find anything to convert in all my piles of unpainted minis, hereby oath: (1) Tawny Firehair, Cat Girl for March! This is from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm; as you can see, it's fresh off the shelf at the FLGS.

Conversions on this will include some clothing to make it less obviously cheesecakey, and a weapon swap using one of the bows from Reaper's Elven Weapons pack (pictured above against the tablet screen; I'm thinking the second one from the right, and possibly the quiver from the same sprue if I can get it to fit).

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

The Judge

Troll Potion

Papa Loco

The Dreamer

Lord Chompy Bits

Detail shots!

And a size comparison.

Whew! So, I went for this month's Detectuv Jurnal (Conversion) AND the Get Based Out bonuses on Lord Chompy Bits, and I'm glad it's done. I've been putting this commission off for months and months, and thankfully the customer is very understanding and put no real pressure on me. That puts me pretty much done on this guy's Malifaux orders too!

Now to get started with the 20-odd Dark Ages models he dropped off...

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I BAVIUS do solemnly oath this terminator and slightly converted squad of 5 scouts from GW 28mm

They're primed black, that might be the best photo I can pull off sans flash right now.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, after some panic at not being able to find anything to convert in all my piles of unpainted minis, hereby oath: (1) Tawny Firehair, Cat Girl for March! This is from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm; as you can see, it's fresh off the shelf at the FLGS.

Accepted on condition of posting the post-conversion picture

Bavius posted:

I BAVIUS do solemnly oath this terminator and slightly converted squad of 5 scouts from GW 28mm

Accepted! but please also post a picture (WIP or otherwise) showing the conversion work a bit clearer

Germ
May 7, 2013

Oath complete! Got done early, so I'm hoping to work on my alternate universe oath and get some more terrain done. I'd love to oath my soulgrinder this month too, but it depends on what else I can get done.

I'm claiming a conversion and, therefore the Detektiv's Jurnal. I can claim both, right? Full credit goes to Goon BuffaloChicken, who inspired me with his sweet conversion so much that I wanted to make my own. For a before shot, I originally used parts from the GW Tervigon, FW Blight Drone, and GW Plague Drone:

For the after shot, here's the labeled pre-painted picture from my original Oath:

Germ posted:

Labeled parts.

May as well make this my Based Out Entry, as well. I made the base with rocks and greenstuff maggots, and then cast it in resin.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

The rifle grenade launcher in the first picture is the month's Jurnal conversion, and these are definitely a themed group.

Quick question - There's a lot of detail on the backpacks and gear that I didn't photograph, am I ok to edit in additional photos until the deadline?

Arklan
Jul 11, 2006
Never done this before, but I, Arklan oath three scratch-built Hunter-Class Destroyers for Battlefleet Gothic. They're each just under 2" long if it matters. Also, far less yellow in real life.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Just an FYI: I'm going out of town from tomorrow morning until wednesday night, and I'm not bringing my computer. I will have access to SA, and my wife's computer, but it's unlikely I'll be making changes to the spreadsheet while I'm gone.

I'm back everyone! Spreadsheet should be caught up now.

I'm gonna reply to some individual posts, but for everyone: please remember to provide both a "before" and an "after" photo of your conversion work! A "before" photo means the model and/or parts that you used to assemble your conversion. This can be taken with a camera before you convert your model, or, it can be photos grabbed off the Web of what your unconverted model/parts looks like. If your model is entirely scratchbuilt, please take a photo of your unpainted model and clearly indicate that it's entirely scratchbuilt (a few comments about what you made it out of wouldn't hurt).

Your "after" photo is your model after your conversion work is done. This can be before or after you paint it, so your final Oath Complete photo works fine as an "after" pic.

I'm only pointing this out because I'm seeing several Oath photos where you state it's a conversion, but the model is poorly lit (or just a silhouette against your monitor), sometimes already converted, and I really can't tell what if anything has been done to convert your stuff.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Push it through to next month?

Krushgroove and I liked this suggestion. So:

:frogsiren:Special Prize Announcement:frogsiren:
We will be awarding Two Corvus Belli blister packs for March, to two goons who paint Corvus Belli miniatures and haven't won the prize before. This is a great opportunity to pick out an Infinity model from your local game store and get it painted up! You don't even have to be a player of the game, to enjoy the fine range of models from our generous prize sponsor, who deserves our enthusiastic support.

Namenlos posted:

Sure.

Rikthor posted:

Save da Whales
Let's try this again!

This is an example of what I mentioned above: This works as an "after conversion" photo, but I need a photo of whatever marine figure that is, pre-conversion, so I can see that it's been converted (beyond the line of green stuff I can make out in the photo). A stock photo from GW is fine.

Germ posted:

I'm claiming a conversion and, therefore the Detektiv's Jurnal. I can claim both, right?

Of course! It'd be pretty silly of us to have conversion as a theme, and then not let people use the converted models to enter into Manifest's Favorite Conversion contest.

moths posted:

Quick question - There's a lot of detail on the backpacks and gear that I didn't photograph, am I ok to edit in additional photos until the deadline?

Yes, just make sure the edited post timestamp on your Oath Complete post is before the final oath complete deadline.

Also, be aware that most of us don't read backwards through already-read posts, so if you have a question, or just want to show everyone in the thread some better photos, an optional alternative is to post a new Oath Complete post, which you can also do any time before the deadline. When I see it I'll update the spreadsheet to link to the newer post.

Arklan posted:

Never done this before, but I, Arklan oath three scratch-built Hunter-Class Destroyers for Battlefleet Gothic. They're each just under 2" long if it matters. Also, far less yellow in real life.

Welcome! I assume you're an Aww, a Baby! - you've never done an Oath in a previous SomethingAwful.com Forums Oath Thread, right?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Speaking of before/after photos, will my photo of the pile of bits count as a before photo? I thought it was fairly self explanatory but just want to be sure.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Speaking of before/after photos, will my photo of the pile of bits count as a before photo? I thought it was fairly self explanatory but just want to be sure.

Your photo of a pile of bits is the epitome of a perfect before photo, which all other goons should aspire to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

This is an example of what I mentioned above: This works as an "after conversion" photo, but I need a photo of whatever marine figure that is, pre-conversion, so I can see that it's been converted (beyond the line of green stuff I can make out in the photo). A stock photo from GW is fine.

I actually just made it out of bits from my bit box. Should be mostly from Chaos Marine boxes and the left hand with sword is from the Warriors of Chaos box.

• Locked thread