Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Wait for a gold zaku I with range extension. It's a really common blueprint so there's no excuse against waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zo posted:

Wait for a gold zaku I with range extension. It's a really common blueprint so there's no excuse against waiting.

I happen to have had a gold zaku I blueprint in my buyback, got it back.
Edit: I loving love the Zaku 2 FS, holy poo poo this thing is a dream.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 9, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
wtf who does this

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Third World Reggin posted:

Hopefully ESF gets this soon.

Zeirnaton posted:

your a member of zeon son! time to forget about those silly feddies and move on!

No we must copy them to win.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Yeah, I'd pilot that.

E: Also, we are 12,000 base damage away from completing our clan weekly.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 10, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

randombattle posted:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Is there a difference between the heavy J Type Zaku II or the F Type? I just got a gold blueprint for the J Type and am considering assembling it to be the bro to the Gold F Type I already have. Also have a silver F-Type assembled (unupgraded) with blast radius trait for the bazooka. Wondering if I should keep it around after the gold type is assembled or not.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The zaku II F works in space and ground while the zaku II J works only on the ground.

The F type also gets missile pods.

That is about it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The zaku II F works in space and ground while the zaku II J works only on the ground.

The F type also gets missile pods.

That is about it.

That settles it for me, gently caress the J Type. I need multirole space/ground in my deck atm.

Update: Finally scored in the top 15 in a match. 231 for slot 14 in some space match. Zaku II FS is a beast and also got 5 gashapon tickets. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

On a serious note, how much of a downgrade is a T-Type heat hawk compared to a D-Type assuming damage maxed. I really wanna put on missle pods instead of the grenades I'm using. Grenades do work for me in built up areas but not really in space or in a open field, so I really need lockons for harass till i can get close and burst them down with a 3 point 120mm with max RoF/+800 Lockon. Thoughts?

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 10, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Zaku II J type has slightly better stats than Zaku II F since it is ground only.

About type T vs type D, all boost attacks deal double the damage of a standing/walking melee strike. Assuming max customized sharpness:

Remember, more damage makes it harder for your opponent to make a build that won't be knocked down by your attack. Check second post for common balance/knockdown values.

Type N slash (Combos into two slashes) = 385 damage each slash, so boost attack = 770 damage
Type T slash(However, can standing combo into 3 slashes) = 440 damage each slash, so boost attack = 880 damage
Type D slash(StandingCombos into two slashes) = 495 damage each slash, so boost attack = 990 damage

The start up and hitboxes for the boost slashes are different too, type D has more startup, recovery,(The attack is slower) and boost cost in exchange for greater forward movement and power.

E: I'll repost my :words: earlier in the thread about balance

Here are some balance thresholds for making sure stuff doesn't knock you down, if you feel like min-maxing:

Surplus load capacity / 5 = Balance bonus.
Every +20 balance gives a %1 boost bonus.

Assuming no traits and max customize damage (Always max damage on your knockdown capable weapons).
A strike to the back deals 25% more damage. A Headshot deals 25% more damage. A strike to the back of the head deals 50% more damage.

+61, Gundam Dual Bazookas/O type sabers/75mm/135mm Sniper rifle F front shot won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+127, Gundam Dual Bazookas(Rocket trait level 3) won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+141, Beam spraygun/Shotgun N won't knock you down from the air or stagger you on the ground.
+171, bazooka F(Assault type),Grenade F,Melee type N won't knock you down if you are grounded. Covers the most common Feddy weapons.
+195, Wolf GM's charge beam F won't knock you down from the air or stagger you on the ground.
+225, O type sabers/75mm/135mm Sniper rifle F head/flank shot won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+270, Beam shooter 5 charge beam F won't knock you down from the air or stagger you on the ground.
+280, T type Melee won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+286, bazooka F(Assault type, max rocket shooter) won't knock you down if you are grounded.

Balance past this point is impractical for most suits, you'd be ditching some sort of key weapon(Or you won't have a weapon at all even).

+335, bazooka F(Heavy type), won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+364, Melee type N, won't knock you down if you are struck in the back/head.

You may use damage reduction modules to lower the balance requirement. There are +balance modules as well (They only work on the case of falling or getting staggered), so you may need to do some quick math to figure out which is better.

For trivia, +400 balance, +20% boost bonus is the cap.

Not making numbers up here's how it works:
If Balance =< (Damage taken - 600) then get knocked down
If Balance =< (Damage taken - 300) then get staggered, if you were in the air get knocked down.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 11, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cool that works for me. How do I increase the amount of points I can have in my hanger? I know I asked yesterday but I forgot if there was a way to earn that ingame without paying real money. I wanna put in some gouf customs but uhh, the point value costs so I might have to just do dom tristars for my ground deck when I want to change it up and play high value units all the time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Level up.

You got a blue and green exp bar on the bottom of the main screen. The green stuff is from doing well, and gets your rank up higher. The yellow is weird and yellow.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Level up.

You got a blue and green exp bar on the bottom of the main screen. The green stuff is from doing well, and gets your rank up higher. The yellow is weird and yellow.

I only see a green PP bar and a yellow exp bar. I have a big BC button that says BUY BITCOINS BANDAI COINS though. Also how much leveling we talking?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No idea. The green stuff being rank is easy to a point, but I think you don't stop gaining yellow ranks for more weight.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

I only see a green PP bar and a yellow exp bar. I have a big BC button that says BUY BITCOINS BANDAI COINS though. Also how much leveling we talking?

Consult this table.

EXP gained is based on how you ranked that game. At worst you get 100 per game (Bottom 10 players), at best you can get near 400 per game (Top 10 players).

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 11, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

That works. Anyone got any tips for me to improve my game when in a Dom. Loadout I use is W type Chest beam, F type bazooka and the basic heat saber. Bazooka needs to be reworked as its near max (bad rolls) but otherwise its solid. Here's the problem I run into. ONce I'm out of bazooka shots I'm basically in a position where I need to gently caress off back to my lines and rearm or press on suicidally and hope i can saber someone ot death cause that beam shotgun is not that reliable. Also I'm not even sure what the "Flash" condition does to my enemies so I got no way to gauge its effectiveness. I'm considering sidegrading to the Type B that does like 700 damage base and rely on direct hits from that to drop my opponents and then finish them off with a melee combo or another rocket.

tl;dr tell me how to not suck nuts at the Dom. I feel weak when I'm not in a Zaku.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 11, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
This is what it feels like to be blinded by a Dom's Flash beam if you're a Feddy:

You can probably see how annoying that can be in a pitched battle, it's one of the reasons a feddy will prioritize killing a Dom over a Zaku.

Notice that it doesn't hurt much, unless you get close enough to hit will all 8 beam pellets. The flash means their screen is completely white, and it disables their current lock-on (They cannot lock-on again while the screen is white). They can still free-aim to try kill you but it creates an opening to escape, go in for the kill, or let an ally take them out while their awareness is greatly reduced.

Yes, if you are out of rockets you should probably retreat as a Dom. It's a key weapon to scoring well as Dom. Unless your foe is outnumbered or you are in their blind spot, it is not a good idea to fight without rockets. Run bullets boost and the extra bullets module(Tab 3, last page, bullets icon) for more rockets so that you can stay out in the field longer.

Doms are harder to use than Zakus because of their poor jump and bad boost recharge. In exchange, you have a great amount of speed and boost capacity to play with. You want to always keep a reserve of boost so that you can withdraw if need be. You can't stay in prolonged fights vs jumping/flying enemies(Gold print's F type flash beam has a strong answer to this tactic, but as silver you can't deal enough damage with the available flash beams to knock them out of the air).

With your speed (upgraded it with high standards, +75% bar filled or more) you can dictate whether you want to fight or not. If you don't want them to catch you, they shouldn't be able to catch you, as long as you're not too over-extended. It's all about dealing a sudden decisive strike with the bazooka/melee. The most common feddy suits cannot keep up with a Dom(Max base speed on Gundam is ~1300, Max base speed on a Dom is ~1380).

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 11, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok that gif rekindled my love for the Dom just there. This gonna be good.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I've been scoring well recently but I can't work doms at all, so it really takes a certain type. Pretty much all of my 1v1 battles are decided by who can stay in the air longer.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Dom's aren't specialized for duels due to their bad jump. It took me awhile to accept this and pay more attention to what my allies are doing. They're best at supporting team-mates by finishing off distracted enemies and taking advantageous positions quickly(As long as they don't have to jump to get there). They make good base rats on some maps due to their great speed and burst damage.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zo posted:

I've been scoring well recently but I can't work doms at all, so it really takes a certain type. Pretty much all of my 1v1 battles are decided by who can stay in the air longer.

Yeah I've been trying to use doms like I use Zaku FS or Zaku II F Heavies aka push in with the group or lead a push blasting everything I can, ducking between cover and going airborne for shots. Dom obviously can't do that. That said what I found worked is basically lurking in tunnels/going between buildings or (heh) taking the highground when able and smashing dudes back alley mugger style. I generally get my man and make a clean break unless there's unexpected company, at which point I'm hosed. I'm thinking when I refurbish my current dom I should max boost capacity/speed after ensuring I have the bare minimum load capacity for the weapon loadout I wanna run to keep it at +61.

But hell is that even a concern cause aren't I basically grounded all the time (if boosting constantly)?

edit: log in already dudes let play videogames

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 11, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Yeah I've been trying to use doms like I use Zaku FS or Zaku II F Heavies aka push in with the group or lead a push blasting everything I can, ducking between cover and going airborne for shots. Dom obviously can't do that. That said what I found worked is basically lurking in tunnels/going between buildings or (heh) taking the highground when able and smashing dudes back alley mugger style. I generally get my man and make a clean break unless there's unexpected company, at which point I'm hosed. I'm thinking when I refurbish my current dom I should max boost capacity/speed after ensuring I have the bare minimum load capacity for the weapon loadout I wanna run to keep it at +61.

But hell is that even a concern cause aren't I basically grounded all the time (if boosting constantly)?

edit: log in already dudes let play videogames

Load capacity is an important mobility stat, you'd be missing out on bonus boost. Making it harder to knock you down is a big deal too, since if an explosion grazes you, even a little bit of balance will make the difference between getting knocked down(Near guaranteed instant death to follow) or get staggered(Lose a sizable chunk of health, but still able to fight back/retreat).

In terms of returns due to scaling, for Doms:

Speed > Load capacity = Boost Capacity = Armour > Homing > Boost charge

This isn't a suit that needs to put points in homing though.

If you had a gold print, you still might want to put points in boost charge so that you'll wait around less.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Clan Weekly Finished!

E: Maybe I should get a Garibaldi Alpha.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 11, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Literally had a sword duel just now with a gundam in my stock silver Dom. I lost cause I suck but it was actually a nice thing up until the point I died. That and another gundam with less scruples rocketing me when I was down.

edit: Anyone who can read this poo poo mind telling me what he's saying?

In game death threat.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Al Borland posted:

In game death threat.

l0l

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Maintenance tonight, war's over. EFSF wins.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
whats so special about this new act zaku? other than it having a shield whats the difference between it and the other act zaku

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's an assault version of the Action Zaku. It has speed equal to the Gelgoog High Mobility Type and also a beam rifle. Gold version gets a charge beam rifle.

Efreet is basically an upgraded Zaku IIFS with no shield; it appears to have better melee reach and has a full auto shotgun.

Pixie Gundam's a dedicated close combat unit, similar to the Dom High Mobility Prototype; it's gold version gets dual wield 90mm SMGs and it dual wields beam daggers. It has really low HP at 1480, I wouldn't expect to see it around too much.

Gundam Unit 5 is a heavy-type, with the usual loadout of beam rifles, beam guns, bazookas. Gold version gets a gatling gun that's worse than the Gouf Custom's. It can't use it's shield while using the gatling.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 12, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

It's an assault version of the Action Zaku. It has speed equal to the Gelgoog High Mobility Type and also a beam rifle. Gold version gets a charge beam rifle.

Efreet is basically an upgraded Zaku IIFS with no shield; it appears to have better melee reach and has a full auto shotgun.

Pixie Gundam's a dedicated close combat unit, similar to the Dom High Mobility Prototype; it's gold version gets dual wield 90mm SMGs and it dual wields beam daggers. It has really low HP at 1480, I wouldn't expect to see it around too much.

Gundam Unit 5 is a heavy-type, with the usual loadout of beam rifles, beam guns, bazookas. Gold version gets a gatling gun that's worse than the Gouf Custom's. It can't use it's shield while using the gatling.

Watch the new suits in action.

Ifreet and Pixie are looking real strong in melee.

Surprised the new act zaku doesn't have combat custom. Makes sense I guess, considering no dual heat hawk option.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 12, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

not really probably a close to promotion thing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Got a gelgoog cannon after like 13+ gashacons. I cannot even sell poo poo anymore, the game won't let me its greyed out. Goddamn.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That gelgoog cannon is really good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Got a gelgoog cannon after like 13+ gashacons. I cannot even sell poo poo anymore, the game won't let me its greyed out. Goddamn.

rly you can't sell stuff any more? take a screenshot of it

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
The shelling spec Juagg is so cute

E: For 280 cost, Pixie's stats are pretty drat scary. Good thing it can't use bazookas. Or beam rifles.

E2:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 13, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
New patch broke the game. I'm out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The only thing broken I could find was I could no longer do war crime photography on people that just spawned. What broke for you al.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Maybe the huge buff to rx78-2's? A ton more double bazooka and their new megabazooka.

I've been busy IRL so I haven't been on since the patch but I'm also not looking forward to running into those.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Dual Bazooka's damage is slightly less than a sturm faust and are refillable. Silver RX78-2's getting them is huge. Having level 1 rocket shooter with it can knockdown most things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yeah that sounds like absolute poo poo. I don't feel so bad about not renewing my vpn.

• Locked thread