Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Jaguars, being patient and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Vikings, being patient and such...

What's sad is that the next two picks will probably come in just as I'm going to work tomorrow morning and I'll be the one people are complaining about.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

You should tell the Jags so they can put your pick in for you.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

smuggler posted:

It's been four hours. Where are you relentlessboredomm? :saddowns:

I went for drinks and got dragged to that new terrible 300 movie. Holy poo poo was it awful. I wanted to see the Lego movie again, but people are too dumb to look past the animation. C'est la vie. Pick will be in once I decide if I want ASJ or not.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Besides, we have a month longer to do this than last year. No need to browbeat everyone already, there'll be plenty of time for that come round 3.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I just can't talk myself into ASJ. I would've happily taken Roby if he fell, but with the release of one of our guards and the flesh eating bacteria the other contracted, guard is kind of a gaping hole on the team.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Glad I got an LT in the first, Jackson as guard moving Kelechi Osemele to tackle was my back up.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Glad I got an LT in the first, Jackson as guard moving Kelechi Osemele to tackle was my back up.

Yea I regret taking Bortles in the 1st. I forgot goons hate QBs. I could've easily grabbed Carr. Oh well.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would've gone for Jackson but did you know Lyerla jumped 4 inches higher than any other TE at the combine? 4 inches!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Counting on ASJ to fall was sort of a fool's thought, huh.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Shaguars looking to trade up. Yeaaaaahhh baby!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Now I have to decide between QB and LB. Derek Carr and kyle Van Noy are the guys I'm considering. Any Vikings fans want to PM me while for the next little bit I'll listen.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

I'm a fan of a division rival, but objectively, I would take the QB prospect. Instead of reaching in the first, you get value in the second. Don't forget that a couple people have said the Vikes like Carr. Your team already has Cassel to captain the ship in the short term, so Derek will have the luxury of sitting that David was never afforded.

LB is a weakness on the team, but you can get good LBs in the middle rounds. If you don't take Carr here, you will have to draft an idiot (McCarron), a rapist (Mettenberger), or a noodle arm (Fales). You know I believe it, because otherwise, I would have kept that 3rd instead of trading for EJ Manuel.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm going to be on the road all day tomorrow but I'm like 12 picks out so no big deal

Head's up my next pick is coming over cell phone so I can't wait to make it as low effort as possible

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

smuggler posted:

I'm a fan of a division rival, but objectively, I would take the QB prospect. Instead of reaching in the first, you get value in the second. Don't forget that a couple people have said the Vikes like Carr. Your team already has Cassel to captain the ship in the short term, so Derek will have the luxury of sitting that David was never afforded.

LB is a weakness on the team, but you can get good LBs in the middle rounds. If you don't take Carr here, you will have to draft an idiot (McCarron), a rapist (Mettenberger), or a noodle arm (Fales). You know I believe it, because otherwise, I would have kept that 3rd instead of trading for EJ Manuel.

I had thought of Carr in the first round but gambled on Louis Nix III. When it came time to pick him Carr looks enough like a goober to make me worry.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

It's a lot less of a risk in the 2nd. How much time did you spend making the rookie card? Good work.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I had the template made up earlier while I was waiting. The info and photo took about ten minutes. I thought about doing some during the real draft like Febreeze's cartoon last year but I'll probably be busy.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Browns are killing this draft.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Having 3 top 35 picks makes things a lot easier but yeah I like all their picks so far. I'd be shocked if Teddy is there at 4 in the real thing though.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Not sure how I feel about Shazier... Part of me says there's nothing that would stop him from developing into Cam Wake 2.0

The pessimist in me sees Maybin.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
There'd be a talking heads movement to name the Browns AFC:N favorites with those first two rounds, if for no other reason than page views. Day-um.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Shazier and Roby, whatever, but if the Beowns land Teddy Bridgewater I'll be genuinely scared.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Glad I decided to go with an ILB in round 1, with the news coming out that Arizona is likely singing Valdheer and Dansby will walk.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
drat, I wanted Gabe Jackson.

The Giants 2nd round pick is on the block, looking to trade back.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I have a pick ready, if Crazy wakes up and makes the Bills pick and I take a few hours getting back just shoot me a PM

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I have a pick ready, if Crazy wakes up and makes the Bills pick and I take a few hours getting back just shoot me a PM

Knowing him you might have to wait until noon for that to happen.

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...

smuggler posted:

Not sure how I feel about Shazier... Part of me says there's nothing that would stop him from developing into Cam Wake 2.0

The pessimist in me sees Maybin.

He'd play inside for the Browns. He has the ability to work sideline to sideline and is tremendous in coverage. The pass-rushing skills is a plus and just adds another spot where their defense could attack. He is probably the most dynamic 'pure' linebacker in the draft.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

I don't know much about analyzing LB instincts. Hopefully, for him, he's got ~it~.

Can't wait for the workday to end so everyone can make some picks. 6PM eastern time limit for the Bills?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thinking still. I'll make it in 5

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dattserberg posted:

Knowing him you might have to wait until noon for that to happen.

Lol I likely get up earlier than you do these days. Miss college.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Titans made their pick

Giants are up

vvv :glomp:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hate you Blitz :mad:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Still looking to move my second rounder before I make this selection

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have a pair of fourths and a Matt Schaub :v:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

I have a pair of fourths and a Matt Schaub :v:

Looking to move further back in the second and pick up a third/fourth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Matt Schaub will surely get you these things in trade, I'm just too lazy to do it myself, so I'll make you that trade and then throw in the two fourths as a tip

brb, updating picks thread to reflect this trade

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Looking to move up from 53 if anyone would like to jump back a few spots.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

smuggler posted:

Looking to move up from 53 if anyone would like to jump back a few spots.

Trade me your third round pick too and it's yours!

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Tempting, but too rich. I'll just wait for now I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Made the pick because I got impatient. Made the pick BPA because im the god damned giants.

• Locked thread