Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Not really? BSUAJ was an NBA Jam knockoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Shaq Fu 2 is gonna be amazing and I will not be paying full price

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Whatever happened to that site that was dedicated to collecting every copy of Shaq Fu in existence and destroying them?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It turns out the organizer wasn't actually destroying them. Their last post was kind of a rant- something about "Phase Three begins", "critical mass" and "TrueDark Power".

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Well he'll never get my copy of Shaq Fu I bought for $5 for the Sega Genesis at a flea market.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Well he'll never get my copy of Shaq Fu I bought for $5 for the Sega Genesis at a flea market.

LIQUID DINOSAUR, your home address has been logged and added to the Phase 4 targeted acquisition database. Project Neo Nezu thanks you for your cooperation.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I'd easily contribute to Shaq-Fu 2 if it wasn't flexible funding with such an astronomical goal

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Whoa, barkley2 topic has 12 new posts - aww poo poo, they are all about Shaq Fu.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

^^^^
I bet you never thought you would post that sentence, and yet, here we are.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I don't think I want to live in a world where people can be disappointed by posts about Shaq Fu. Farewell.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Anonymous Robot posted:

Shaq Fu 2 is going to be abysmal.

Shaqwave :colbert:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Don't give money to flexible funding indiegogo campaigns.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Klyith posted:

Don't give money to flexible funding indiegogo campaigns.

I think that video of grinning steroid shaq kicking people is a pretty good motivation not to give a penny for this particular campaign at least.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shaq Fu 2 isn't a game project, it's a cynical attempt to cash in on a meme.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Well anyways, the Shaq Fu and Space Jam sequel discussions are very interesting and all, but here is a demonstration of a new locale on Necron 7 for anyone who missed it, just in case you need a breather from donating money to the Shaq Fu campaign.

EDIT:

Also, here is some more B2 and other stuff from the guy who makes these B2 tile grafix:

http://toadstone.tumblr.com

This is a paid commercial.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 7, 2014

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Homage or Blatant Rip-Off?! Which is, it T'OGsters?!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
"Complete rip-off" applies to 90% of Barkley2. The remaining 10% is a mystery.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Gortarius posted:

The remaining 10% is a mystery.

Raw sexual energy, I would assume.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gortarius posted:

Well anyways, the Shaq Fu and Space Jam sequel discussions are very interesting and all, but here is a demonstration of a new locale on Necron 7 for anyone who missed it, just in case you need a breather from donating money to the Shaq Fu campaign.

EDIT:

Also, here is some more B2 and other stuff from the guy who makes these B2 tile grafix:

http://toadstone.tumblr.com

This is a paid commercial.
Hm. The space between walls looks a lot like the chasm at first glance. I expect it will look better in play, though, you don't see all of that at once right?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Play the classics, son.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Hey Narshe, how ya doing?

Also it's been 3 months since the last real dev update on kickstarter. What's up, Chef?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Cicero posted:

Also it's been 3 months since the last real dev update on kickstarter. What's up, Chef?

Maybe he got Polio or the Bubonic Plague or some other horrible disease preventing him from updating. Let us all pray for his health.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

SaviourX posted:

Play the classics, son.

Square-enix is ripping us off.....

Cicero posted:

Last I heard he was banished from the ToG HQ for sipping all the gamer fuel and munching all the doritos, but I can answer lie to you about B2 development if theres something in particular you want to know. I have to double-check it with my slave drivers before though to make sure anything I say follows the ToG corporate agenda. It's a very oppressing working environment.

For now I'll just say that I recently added a whole bunch of perplexing puzzles that no one (including me) was able to solve, mostly because they were so tedious that no one wanted to really try, made the fabled "bootybass" minigame better, converted the entire Character Creation thing to use some loving stupid deltatime poo poo for some reason, and thought about making a fishing minigame in the sewers. And I mean that the minigame would take place in the sewers, not that I was in the sewers thinking up the minigame.

As for the other knuckleheads, they've apparently finished scripting a lot of the end game events, added a bunch of new enemies that deviate from the usual gunner or melee grunts, and then some more technical poo poo like better collision systems and what not.

Lot of Togbotches along the way because we have no idea what the hell we are doing.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What's the status of Dwarfnet?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Gortarius posted:

As for the other knuckleheads, they've apparently finished scripting a lot of the end game events, added a bunch of new enemies that deviate from the usual gunner or melee grunts, and then some more technical poo poo like better collision systems and what not.

I hope you guys make sure to include "Deviant enemies" in the tagline at release.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Zenzirouj posted:

I hope you guys make sure to include "Deviant enemies" in the tagline at release.

Deviant enemy, deviant enemies, deviant art, deviant goblet, deviant gemstone, deviant ant, deviant persian rugs, deviant baby huey as playable character, deviant tough moral choices, deviant popeye cameo, deviant bishounen dracula, deviant garbage, deviant trash, deviant, deviant pumilius pumilio, deviant cuchulainn, deviant anime, deviant dunk, deviant slams and jams.

Chas McGill posted:

What's the status of Dwarfnet?

I haven't heard any word about it for a while but I know theres some good ideas for it and a lot of really bad ones. Actually, I should probably get on that this week and make some of the stupid parts of it. In fact, I think this'll be the next thing I'll get my dirty hands on.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 10, 2014

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Gortarius posted:

I mean that the minigame would take place in the sewers, not that I was in the sewers thinking up the minigame.

Well then what the hell is my backing money being spent on?? >:[

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Edminster posted:

Well then what the hell is my backing money being spent on?? >:[

Pocky.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Gortarius posted:

deviant baby huey as playable character,

Ok, how was this not a stretch goal?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Zenzirouj posted:

Ok, how was this not a stretch goal?

Kickstarter ended too soon.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Cicero posted:

Nothing really, we're working on the game as always. I guess we feel like we have to have something really amazing to show for updates, rather than incremental reports like our scripting system is better, we have better debug tools, we made a lot of progress doing x and y. But there should be an update soon, the game will be playable at GDC.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Nothing really, we're working on the game as always. I guess we feel like we have to have something really amazing to show for updates, rather than incremental reports like our scripting system is better, we have better debug tools, we made a lot of progress doing x and y.
Eh, a couple paragraphs of text and a few screenshots are fine for most updates.

quote:

But there should be an update soon, the game will be playable at GDC.
Oh hey at GDC in SF huh? Well maybe I'll just go see about getting a tickeMAIN CONFERENCE PASS $1350

Welp, perhaps another time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

From the OUYA thread, looks as if MogoTXT is attempting some weak rear end chaos dunk knockoff game:

Croccers posted:

Am I still allowed to photoshop Uhrman into things?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Chef Boyardee posted:

Nothing really, we're working on the game as always. I guess we feel like we have to have something really amazing to show for updates, rather than incremental reports like our scripting system is better, we have better debug tools, we made a lot of progress doing x and y. But there should be an update soon, the game will be playable at GDC.

The guys at Gaslamp Games have been proving with their devblog that fans will absolutely get hype over UI widgets and codebases.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Midjack posted:

From the OUYA thread, looks as if MogoTXT is attempting some weak rear end chaos dunk knockoff game:

Oh, this isn't a Chaos dunk, this is a beautiful "Stiff-as-a-board" dunk.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

SaviourX posted:

Play the classics, son.

Hey, those chasms don't resemble the spaces between the walls at all. :mad:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Never forget the Three Tile Rule...

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Mr. Lobe posted:

Never forget the Three Tile Rule...

I will never forget. . . . . .

Speaking of the three tile rule, here's a map I made that won't be in the game because we're getting a new tileset.

One of the minor things I'm doing this week is drawing a map of the new layout for this area in preparation for our new tileset, because it's changed conceptually since I made this.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
how much Garbage is in this game? I want to dive into and eat Trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

HMS Boromir posted:

how much Garbage is in this game? I want to dive into and eat Trash

is eating yourself cannibalism