Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

CJacobs posted:

Now make a four hour video of you signing hundreds of them.

It would just be 4 hours of him lounging on the outskirts of Christchurch or porttown causally drinkin a beer and posting with a tablet or phone on a deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Captain Novolin posted:

By all accounts the 360 version is going to be cut back a LOT so it's probably best that they try to hush it up as much as possible.

The port is being done by Bluepoint who are very good at ports, Jeff saw the 360 port and commented there was nothing to worry about.

My suspicion is that you aren't hearing much about the 360 version is that there isn't much difference from the Xbone version and MS want it to help deplete the bone mountains sitting in stores across the world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A couple of weeks ago when I went searching for a PS4 pretty much every place I looked at at least a couple of Xbones sitting around.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

CJacobs posted:

Some of you Barons Game Poster superfans seem a little too eager to consume every piece of content he puts out. Me-thinks he is the only thing you have in your lives, when, in fact, there is a whole world full of monsters out there besides one surly skeleton to experience! Have you tried listening to the opinions of a goblin or owlbear before? I'm just saying, it doesn't hurt to broaden your horizons a little bit.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I feel out of the loop who/what is barons game poster? Google didn't bring any thing that seemed relevant up?

e- Ah I see, thanks.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 10, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jippa posted:

I feel out of the loop who/what is barons game poster? Google didn't bring any thing that seemed relevant up?

Some poster that people like for some reason.

Also is a skeleton supposedly.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

CJacobs posted:

I ripped the audio from this then ran it through a speech-to-text then printed it off then ate it then cum

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Also is a skeleton supposedly.

Name someone who deep down isn't a skeleton. I'll wait.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

a ghost

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ghosts are just former skeletons.

If you were a necromancer could you raise an undead as both a ghost AND a skeleton, effectively doubling your troops? Does it work that way? Someone should ask Vinny (but not Jeff, who has terrible opinions on chi vs. magic).

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

If you were a necromancer could you raise an undead as both a ghost AND a skeleton, effectively doubling your troops? Does it work that way? Someone should ask Vinny (but not Jeff, who has terrible opinions on chi vs. magic).

poo poo, I think you just revolutionized the necromancing industry.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I would love another game like UT or Quake that is actually good. It's like the games trying to be Doom throwbacks (Serious Sam, Hard Reset) completely misunderstanding what made Doom so great. Nexuiz / Warsow / the other one, all of those tried to bring back that style of FPS but failed at it because they were just bad.

Watch as Doom 4 apes the Call of Duty style MP with xp and assault rifle unlocks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Saint Freak posted:

Vinny always carries an enchanted staff in his bug-out bag.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Trigger warning!! As a skeleton haver I can tell you that this is upsetting to read.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Quake? What is that? Some kid of cereal? Yeah, whatever gramps *turns cap backwards, kickflips away*

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Even though I really only want to buy Dark Souls 2 on PC, I'm really contemplating going out tomorrow and buying a 360 copy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Saint Freak posted:

Ghosts are just former skeletons.

Necromancers aren't in the business of dealing with ghosts, just the gross stuff that gets left behind; you'd need a witch or something like that to be raising ghosts. I mean in theory you could be both, but that would take quite a while.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Even though I really only want to buy Dark Souls 2 on PC, I'm really contemplating going out tomorrow and buying a 360 copy.

There are some rumors going on right now that the console versions have some serious framerate issues in later zones. If you want reasons to wait a bit longer.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Rookersh posted:

There are some rumors going on right now that the console versions have some serious framerate issues in later zones. If you want reasons to wait a bit longer.

It looks like they also had issues optimizing the lighting engine, so it's been downgraded/removed along with lower textures.

Look at the difference between the builds. Yikes.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mutation posted:

It looks like they also had issues optimizing the lighting engine, so it's been downgraded/removed along with lower textures.

Look at the difference between the builds. Yikes.

So Dark Souls 2 won't have those awful glossy textures everywhere that makes it look like Lordran was drenched in Vaseline at some point? cool sign me up

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alouicious posted:

So Dark Souls 2 won't have those awful glossy textures everywhere that makes it look like Lordran was drenched in Vaseline at some point? cool sign me up

Yeah, no glossy awful textures, just regular awful textures. Dark Souls 2 looks like poo poo. I have not seen a single impressive screenshot of that game yet, fakeshot or not.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Souls games, noted for their Cryteklike dedication to cutting edge graphics to the detriment of gameplay.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Internet posted:

Souls games, noted for their Cryteklike dedication to cutting edge graphics to the detriment of gameplay.

It looks like a muddy mess, it could end up having the best gameplay in the world and that would not change anything.

It could be worse, they could be going the Far Cry 3 route and photoshopping the gently caress out of every press release shot to try and cover it up:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 10, 2014

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Captain Internet posted:

The Souls games weren't ugly games though. Heck, I'd say that they had really good art.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

poo poo dawg, you sure showed me what for, I best slink back to my troll forum and think of the next game I can hate.

Also I am more than willing to get a bunch of my avs printed on glossy paper and sign then for anyone who wants them.

Will it come with a four hour signing video? Because I won't buy unless I get a podcast to replace my social life with.

e; the podcast has to be about the backstory of each skull plz

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Mutation posted:

The Souls games weren't ugly games though. Heck, I'd say that they had really good art.

The art and design is loving gorgeous and haunting the graphics are adequate and blurry through kings field on.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

To be fair, while the gameplay is important, the other 40% of what makes Souls games so drat good is the atmosphere, and that comes from proper lighting, ambient sound, and setting.

If the console versions don't have good lighting and the PC version does, then that's a huge issue. I'd consider that alone worth the wait, not even counting frame rate issue rumors.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Internet posted:

The Souls games actually look really good and had way better atmosphere than brown smudge filter.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

randombattle posted:

So what was your favorite robot suit in Metal Warriors? Don't forget that an answer of anything but the havok is wrong because chainsaw swords are awesome.

This may be controversial and it's certainly limited to which map you're playing on but the Drache's drill spin attack is pro as gently caress and you can really wreck people's poo poo with it.

e: Spider is beyond garbage

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Rookersh posted:

To be fair, while the gameplay is important, the other 40% of what makes Souls games so drat good is the atmosphere, and that comes from proper lighting, ambient sound, and setting.

If the console versions don't have good lighting and the PC version does, then that's a huge issue. I'd consider that alone worth the wait, not even counting frame rate issue rumors.

PS3 version now, PC version in 6 months when it's 20 bucks. Best of both worlds.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

uPen posted:

PS3 version now, PC version in 6 months when it's 20 bucks. Best of both worlds.

I'm getting the PC version for $30 in a month. I think that's a much better trade. Sorry about your zeitgeist.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 10, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Are video games art? Today, we answer that question.

Yodzilla posted:

This may be controversial and it's certainly limited to which map you're playing on but the Drache's drill spin attack is pro as gently caress and you can really wreck people's poo poo with it.
Yeah but aside from the drill spin it's ALL IT HAS. It's the Mash A To Win of Metal Warriors, Lucasarts nerf please.
how long can we keep discussing Metal Warriors in the background

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I always picked Nitro because I thought he was the coolest. Drache and Spider look dumb as hell. Real pros eject from their suit and do a pistols only run, though.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Jeff's playing some titanfall right now: http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
TaintanFall gets a <=4 from Jeff. Video games are dead forever.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

Aishan posted:

Jeff's playing some titanfall right now: http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann

from the other side, Gamespot are playing against him: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/titanfall-launch-now-playing/2300-6417579/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yesss, Patrick is having more luck like mine, where he finds a great item early on and then gets completely boned the rest of the run until he dies. :unsmigghh:

Know how it feels not to get arcades for 6 runs in a row jerk :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

The Titanfall review read well, I think! I think Jeff is going about the score in a smarter way than Polygon does/did.

I also called 4 stars.

• Locked thread