Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt
May 26, 2003

HollisBrown posted:

Johnny Winter is LITERALLY the only blues player that needs to exist. He can do everything any other blues player can do, and do it better. John Mayer should count his lucky loving stars that he's permitted to exist in the same reality as Johnny Winter.

Buddy Guy is worth keeping too fyi. But other than him, I agree.

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Agreed? Yeah his pick sperging is a little weird (Or I just feel hurt that he's never shown any love towards RedBear or pure steel picks) but he seems to be a nice guy with a poo poo load of knowledge relative to guitar playing.

Dunlop Jazz III's and are all anyone ever needs. This is a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

HollisBrown posted:

Johnny Winter is LITERALLY the only* blues player that needs to exist. He can do everything any other blues player can do, and do it better. John Mayer should count his lucky loving stars that he's permitted to exist in the same reality as Johnny Winter.

*white, imo.
On another note anecdotally, this guy I knew named Speedy who worked for Columbia back in the day and was a huge Hendrix follower said he got to hang around the N.Y. studio in summer of '68 when Hendrix jammed with whoever was in town, Bloomfield, Johnny Winter, etc. I don't recall if he said it was during the Electric Ladyland sessions or what.
Speedy was particularly amused when Hendrix and Winter would swap styles in the middle of some riff so Winter was doing the Voodoo Child licks and Hendrix played Texas blues style.
This has been an anecdotal blast from the past.

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Please post a neon green or neon blue George lynch kamakazii $500 if you find one

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Current Guns n' Roses lead guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal owns this thing (read about it on his website)

He also has hand and foot guitars:

You can move the wings on the bumble foot in and out:

tacodaemon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 10, 2014

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
how could so many ugly guitars exist

is blows my mind

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

IIRC the wings extend when you press the whammy bar up and down

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
*Tone Wings*

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skipopatomus posted:

IIRC the wings extend when you press the whammy bar up and down

winning

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Agreed? Yeah his pick sperging is a little weird (Or I just feel hurt that he's never shown any love towards RedBear or pure steel picks) but he seems to be a nice guy with a poo poo load of knowledge relative to guitar playing and recording.

haha don't worry about it, bort's got a thing, idgi but it's really not a big deal.

On that note hey bort, if you get a chance you should try red bear picks, I especially like their tuftone material and it's not too expensive. Also, Clayton makes some really nice pure steel picks for mega cheap, try them if you haven't :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The only time I've ever liked a steinbreger headless is at the beginning of this old video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoAfiqOmdA

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

You can move the wings on the bumble foot in and out:

I can smell that. The movability is probably so you can scrape the toejam out.

lol tonejam

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDyDz8WeiM4

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
post sick neon guitars

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think I'm starting to feel the slightest bit of stockholm syndrome with this post. Some of these things (^^^^) are starting to look inexplicably... interesting. Halp.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I never noticed how far back the heels are on those guitars.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

stoutfish posted:

how could so many ugly guitars exist

is blows my mind

I am starting to think there are far more ugly guitars than good looking ones.

Seriously blues/rock/interpretative_dance Dad's really need to find another hobby.

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
some of the stuff Gibson trotted out back when I played included : Gibson GOTH les paul Gubson VOODOO les paul. Gibson tropical hardwoods.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

a GIS of splattercaster has led me to a pinterest of "Guitars/Native American Flutes/unusual music instruments"

bumblefoot's dopplegangers

buckethead fan?

a loogie

a flying pee-pee on the headstock

I actually like this one
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/BREi4Gt.jpg][/timg]

why is it always electric violins

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
zvex fuzz factory pedals are p cool imho

Harakiri Potter fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 10, 2014

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

He made that bitchin' axe himself, you know. He is what you might call a Maker

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Electric violins are typically made for and by retards so

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

luca turilli would prob get a boner looking at that

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Gamma Nerd posted:

luca turilli would prob get a boner looking at that

You can get one of your own for ten grand: http://www.maverick-music.com/other/1993-esp-angel-sword-guitar-takamizawa-20th-anniversary

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

fyodor posted:

I think I'm starting to feel the slightest bit of stockholm syndrome with this post. Some of these things (^^^^) are starting to look inexplicably... interesting. Halp.

Just give in to it. What's better: rocking some tobacco sunburst strat or Les Paul, or walking out onto the stage with a neon chartreuse RG with matching inlays? In your heart, you know the answer.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

I look at this guitar and think that the color must be a safety feature. Like, if you are going to play in the middle of the street late at night. You want cars to see you.

Or, well, it's got a handle, you could carry it while out jogging or something.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm thinking of inventing and marketing a hand lotion that will improve tone and will sell a 4oz bottle of it for $20 at Guitar Center. Just need a name for it.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Bonzo posted:

I'm thinking of inventing and marketing a hand lotion that will improve tone and will sell a 4oz bottle of it for $20 at Guitar Center. Just need a name for it.

DJENT DJUICE

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bonzo posted:

tone tonic

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Bonzo posted:

Bonzo's hard tone rub

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Bonzo posted:

Creamy licks.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Oozedad

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

Bonzo's hard tone rub

booshi posted:

Creamy licks.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gilgameshback posted:

DJENT DJUICE

ArmZ posted:

tone tonic

unlawfulsoup posted:

Bonzo's hard tone rub

booshi posted:

Creamy licks.

use all of these so you cover every market segment, even though it's the same lotion in each bottle, maybe with a different scent

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

comes along bort posted:

use all of these so you cover every market segment, even though it's the same lotion in each bottle, maybe with a different scent

In that case I highly suggest Dr. Faustus's Handle Grease (Steve Vai Approved) to cover the most lucrative market segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

unlawfulsoup posted:

In that case I highly suggest Dr. Faustus's Handle Grease (Steve Vai Approved) to cover the most lucrative market segment.

Why would you want handle grease

That poo poo could poke someone's eye out

• Locked thread