Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My hope is that Tom dragging Ben around is evidence that he has learned to surround himself with competent people (or at least not Jean-Ralphio) to run things for him so he can focus on being Captain Charisma.

My expectation is that he's going to ask Ben to run the restaurant and there's going to be some sort of calzone-themed apocalypse in Pawnee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We (or most of us) like Tom because he's a character. But is he the kind of person we actually want to see succeed that way? He's still pretty awful.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am 100% sure Jean-Ralphio will be working at Tom restaurant.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

twistedmentat posted:

I am 100% sure Jean-Ralphio will be working at Tom restaurant.

And I kind of hope his sister is too. Throw in some Milana Vayntrub for good measure.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Tom's new girlfriend from earlier in the season (the doctor/nurse, was it) needs to come back, stat. She was great.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Tatiana Maslany stars in another TV show (Orphan Black) and she's already won a couple of awards for it. I don't want to spoil the basic premise of the show, but let's just say it's a pretty challenging and interesting role. She honestly doesn't need Parks and Recreation and she probably doesn't have the time for it either.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ideally she would come back for the final episode, in which Tom decides to leave the Parks Department (this assumes that Jean-Ralphio will inevitably burn down the new restaurant or something) in favor of a position fund-raising for Doctors Without Borders.

I assume that the endgame for the series is everyone moving on from the Parks Department, except for Ron who will have by that point annexed all of City Hall and turned it into a massive workshop/playpen for his son.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I just got glossy eyed and scrolled super fast past that entire stupid conversation. The show isn't near what it used to be, but it's not Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, or anything of that caliber of a drop off (yet)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fariz posted:

I just got glossy eyed and scrolled super fast past that entire stupid conversation. The show isn't near what it used to be, but it's not Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, or anything of that caliber of a drop off (yet)

The show should end in a lumberjack's cabin with a slow cut to Ron's face, gleefully staring into the camera.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

fariz posted:

yes but one of the new minor characters talks with a cadence that is apparently a gay stereotype somehow (it's not) ergo

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Guys guys GUYS! It doesn't matter if he's gay or not. What really matters is that he's the worst character on the show and every scene involving him is insufferable garbage.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The most correct opinion. I really hope they don't plan to have him hang around.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

The most correct opinion. I really hope they don't plan to have him hang around.

I actually hope they develop him into a character with some depth. I'm not really taking a position on GayStereotypeGate: The Story Of This Scandal Is That It Appeared On An Internet Forum, but whoever said he's nothing but a punchline is right. And this show excels, or did, at taking walking talking punchlines and turning them into characters with at least two-and-a-half dimensions.

I'd like to think the magic's not gone yet.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Poque posted:

The show should end in a lumberjack's cabin with a slow cut to Ron's face, gleefully staring into the camera.

I would unironically love them if they did something like this, even though there's no real reason for them to do such an obvious parody.
I just want everyone to rub in to Scott Buck what a clusterfuck he dropped on TV land. :sigh:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
oh my god how did you guys manage to keep talking about that WE WERE SO CLOSE TO GETTING AWAY.

docbeard posted:

Ideally she would come back for the final episode, in which Tom decides to leave the Parks Department (this assumes that Jean-Ralphio will inevitably burn down the new restaurant or something) in favor of a position fund-raising for Doctors Without Borders.

I actually really like this idea. Tom has grown a lot, but he's still all about personal success and (assumedly) profit. Learning to leverage his charisma for a good cause would be a very Parks things for them to do.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Poque posted:

Ron giggles for half a second.
Cut to black.

*Parks and Recreation theme plays over end credits*

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Now I'm mad my town's website doesn't have a panda.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I honestly believe that Walmart slogan is true. It's Florida.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Go with retro: "Welcome German Soldiers"

http://www.pawneeindiana.com/about/town-slogans.shtml

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Duke Silver. :love:

And Andy's face. :D

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Engage with Zorp!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Saxophone player for the California Raisins good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Ron tried to cover it with a Twin story, but Andy is too dumb to see it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Lesbo Baggins

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Load bearing T-Rex

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't sell my last car, I just forgot where I parked it.

I once threw beer at a swan and it attacked my niece.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 14, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Ron tried to cover it with a Twin story, but Andy is too dumb to see it.

No, Andy first said "You have a twin brother" the same time Ron said "I'm Duke Silver", then Ron tried to go with Andy's story but Andy caught on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pentyne posted:

No, Andy first said "You have a twin brother" the same time Ron said "I'm Duke Silver", then Ron tried to go with Andy's story but Andy caught on.

Ah they were talking over each other I missed it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Wait, what the hell is Andy even doing anymore? Does he still work at the charity even though he was Ben's hire? And if so why is he wondering around City Hall in work clothes?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Wait, what the hell is Andy even doing anymore? Does he still work at the charity even though he was Ben's hire? And if so why is he wondering around City Hall in work clothes?

Since Ben got fired from Sweetums, I imagine Andy got rehired by the Parks department.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought he was a children's entertainer? Burt Maclin however is still the best damned agent the FBI has.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

ETB posted:

Since Ben got fired from Sweetums, I imagine Andy got rehired by the Parks department.

Typical revolving door politics.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Pretty sure he works for the Parks department. He's trying to find acts for the unity concert.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Isn't he still Leslie's aide?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man I thought this episode was great. Laughed pretty hard all the way through. Especially the town hall segment, as usual.

I was really hoping we'd get some Andy and Craig time when he was talking to him. Like they were gonna buddy up and check out all the venues. Cause Andy seemed completely unphased by Craig's crazy outbursts though I figured there'd some good character building there. But Craig's look of "wtf??" at Andy was pretty funny

Andy is the best. I can't believe the show started with him being a character that was so unlikable.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 16, 2014

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Andy got fired from Sweetum's when Ben did. They also caught him stealing a bunch of candy. Ben re-hired him as his personal assistant (so basically what April was doing several seasons ago for Chris).

It's in the deleted scene from the episode on YouTube. Shouldn't have been edited out, but at least the writers have acknowledged it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Macaluso posted:

I was really hoping we'd get some Andy and Craig time when he was talking to him. Like they were gonna buddy up and check out all the venues. Cause Andy seemed completely unphased by Craig's crazy outbursts though I figured there'd some good character building there. But Craig's look of "wtf??" at Andy was pretty funny

Personally, I find Craig to be really grating. He'd probably be alright if he wasn't constantly shreiking and angrily yelling.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Craig reminds me of Hazel from 30 Rock. It's some comedian's pet character that gets inserted into the show and is awful and grating in every way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Craig reminds me of Hazel from 30 Rock. It's some comedian's pet character that gets inserted into the show and is awful and grating in every way.

At least Kristian Schaal is way more attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Personally, I find Craig to be really grating. He'd probably be alright if he wasn't constantly shreiking and angrily yelling.

I thought Craig was fine this episode. I don't recall him yelling much. I think it would be fun to see one flashback episode to see what the Eagleton Parks office was like.

• Locked thread