Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
She doesn't care much for Supernatural. She's more of a Breaking Bad and Doctor Who fan than anything else. And I do have a Netflix account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Even though I found the finale disappointing, I'm gonna heartily recommend Kyoryuger. I've seen nine Sentai and it's definitely the best one to start with.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, I started with Kyoryuger and it's a good start. I'll probably resume Akibaranger and maybe get Fourze for her to watch.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RBX posted:

KRDL has direct download for everything. You get faster speeds if you donate. You can donate a dollar for a week and download what you need.

http://krdl.info/

Not everything is up on KRDL because it's just one guy and he was asking for uploaders and poo poo and then never followed through on it AFAIK. He told me he'd give me the info I needed to upload poo poo after I offered to do it on the basis of "I have crippling Asperger's and download this poo poo compulsively anyway" and then nothing.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Liar Lyre posted:

All depends on what she likes, but in general I like to recommend the current series. Barring that, I've been enjoying Kakuranger if you want something silly. Same goes with Fourze. For something from America, I'd recommend RPM or In Space probably.

Or Lost Galaxy.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Liar Lyre posted:

All depends on what she likes, but in general I like to recommend the current series. Barring that, I've been enjoying Kakuranger if you want something silly. Same goes with Fourze. For something from America, I'd recommend RPM or In Space probably.

Or Lost Galaxy.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

RPM, In Space, Time Force are all pretty solid, Dino Thunder isn't bad either but I took a lot of enjoyment in that one from Tommy being in it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

Dino Thunder isn't bad either but I took a lot of enjoyment in that one from Tommy being in it.

He spin-kicks a dinosaur in the face in the first episode. That pretty much makes it a lock for best show ever.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Trust me, I'll have a lot of opinions on the Disney seasons when we get there in the podcast :kamina:

Edit: Anyone got a Akiba Red icon? Ideally the "Delusions" macro

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I watched Dino Thunder with my girlfriend and we sort of started to think Tommy either was currently banging or attempting to bang both adult women in the show. It is far too easy to read weird sexual tension into his battles with the villain lady.

VVVV That would sort of explain that then if true.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 9, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I heard that originally, Elsa was going to be a brainwashed Kat, who's already Tommy's prior love interest, mirroring Abaranger. Take of that what you will.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
SPD is also generally very well liked.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
honestly I would say all in all Disney had more hits than misses really the only reealy bad series were mystic force, opperation overdrive and jungle fury.

edit: well after checking that's about half. I thought they did lightspeed, lost galaxy and time force too.

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 10, 2014

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Elfgames posted:

honestly I would say all in all Disney had more hits than misses really the only reealy bad series were mystic force, opperation overdrive and jungle fury.

edit: well after checking that's about half. I thought they did lightspeed, lost galaxy and time force too.

Dora the Explorer better then Blue Clues, please confirm?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Elfgames posted:

Um, Wild Force and Lightspeed Rescue?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
So what exactly do Japanese think of TQGer so far? We got reports out pretty early on Go-busters and, I think, Kyoryuger. Is there any consensus so far?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

V-Men posted:

What's wrong with Lightspeed Rescue? :mad:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Blue Ranger is boring as poo poo, on the other hand we get the sky cowboy

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Elfgames posted:

Huh, over in TVIV most of them were saying Jungle Fury is a pretty okay series. I haven't seen it but I'm just surprised that people seem to have such wildly different opinions of it.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Apparently the new Ultraman Victory tv show will be directed by Koichi Sakamoto.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

V-Men posted:

Wild force was cool because they were all not white

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Cliff Racer posted:

So what exactly do Japanese think of TQGer so far? We got reports out pretty early on Go-busters and, I think, Kyoryuger. Is there any consensus so far?

The Tokusatus News Networks just did an article with the latest ratings. ToQger ep 1 got 3.3% apparently.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Zedd posted:

Blue Ranger is boring as poo poo, on the other hand we get the sky cowboy

They were all boring.

I should caveat. Lightspeed Rescue sucked, but Super Train Megazord kicked rear end. Really, all the vehicles From LR and GoGo Five were awesome.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

V-Men posted:

They were all boring.

I should caveat. Lightspeed Rescue sucked, but Super Train Megazord kicked rear end. Really, all the vehicles From LR and GoGo Five were awesome.

I want to say that the closer the plots in PR get to the Sentai, the less developed the characters become . I may be wrong, but that's the trend I can see when looking back.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

That sounds about right, given RPM and In Space, considered the best seasons, are the furthest from the Sentai, and Samurai and OO are considered bad seasons for being cardboard cutout versions of Shinkenger and Boukenger.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Solaris Knight posted:

That sounds about right, given RPM and In Space, considered the best seasons, are the furthest from the Sentai, and Samurai and OO are considered bad seasons for being cardboard cutout versions of Shinkenger and Boukenger.

I haven't watched it, but isn't Wild Force a carbon copy of Gaoranger, in some cases being a straight shot for shot remake?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

V-Men posted:

They were all boring.

Whatever people think of Lightspeed Resque, nobody hates the zords. :c00l:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
For something less Power Rangery, flame the flames of hell with ZERO: Black Blood.

Knew what the image gag was going to be before I found a good shot to match it :v:.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I haven't watched it, but isn't Wild Force a carbon copy of Gaoranger, in some cases being a straight shot for shot remake?

Wild Force is pretty close to Gaoranger. They straight ditched the morphers as cellphones thing I think and they reduced the chick who gave them their powers to a Zordon-like character where she's not really relevant as a character beyond facilitating things. Those are the only changes I can pick out from not watching Gaoranger and looking it up on RangerWiki.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

I want to say that the closer the plots in PR get to the Sentai, the less developed the characters become . I may be wrong, but that's the trend I can see when looking back.

I thought Time Force was pretty close to a carbon copy except Timefire doesn't die.

edit: That being said, only Jen, Wes, and Eric got actual character development.

Xelkelvos posted:

Wild Force is pretty close to Gaoranger. They straight ditched the morphers as cellphones thing I think and they reduced the chick who gave them their powers to a Zordon-like character where she's not really relevant as a character beyond facilitating things. Those are the only changes I can pick out from not watching Gaoranger and looking it up on RangerWiki.

I recall Wild Force using their morphers as cell phones.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

V-Men posted:

I thought Time Force was pretty close to a carbon copy except Timefire doesn't die.

edit: That being said, only Jen, Wes, and Eric got actual character development.

They also changed the villain which made for an interesting story in its own right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wildforce definitely used the same cellphone, down to the same morph cg scene. You're probably thinking of Jungle Force which ditched the knuckle morphers for sunglasses. I wouldn't mind the sunglasses as much if they didn't do that stupid gas-karate moves.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Wild Force also had a overall villain in Master Org, instead of Org Generals Of The Arc, as Gaoranger did.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Hey so if you go to https://www.morphinmadness.com there's currently a contest running to determine the most popular ranger ever. You vote on ranger matchups and after a certain amount of votes you get rewards and can enter into the sweepstakes. The first rewards are a coupon for a free set of 3 ranger keys with the purchase of another megaforce toy and a dollar off one of the 5" action figures. Not bad if you're into collecting the things. I'm probably gonna pick up a couple ranger key sets to display with megazords and maybe a MMPR green ranger figure.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

So uh, I hate to be the jerk here but we do have a power rangers thread in TVIV. I know there's some overlap, but I don't really care about Power Rangers and find it annoying to see post after post about it here when we have a perfectly fine thread for it.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
^^ ed: Yeah, you're right, oh well.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

AzraelNewtype posted:

For something less Power Rangery, flame the flames of hell with ZERO: Black Blood.

Knew what the image gag was going to be before I found a good shot to match it :v:.

Thanks for this. I just finished the episode and I honestly didn't know how much I missed Ray Fujita looking at apathetic at things. If there are any of the new Toku fans around I'd advise you to give Garo a try. It has its issues, but I think it has some of the best fight choreography around, especially out of suit.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Uh, gaoranger had the same set up. Same lady on floating turtle island or whatever

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ray Fujita :swoon: :gay: :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
I missed Ray Fujita and his ridiculously handsome face so much :allears:

Darksaber posted:

Thanks for this. I just finished the episode and I honestly didn't know how much I missed Ray Fujita looking at apathetic at things. If there are any of the new Toku fans around I'd advise you to give Garo a try. It has its issues, but I think it has some of the best fight choreography around, especially out of suit.

Yeah, Garo was my first toku and it's a pretty good one IMO; if you have any reservations about watching grown-ups pretend to fight while wearing goofy suits, it eases you into it naturally since there's so little suit time. Although season 3's pretty much the worst place to start because it's so loving awful in the beginning.

• Locked thread