Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Uba Stij posted:

I don't know why, but Gevlons "updates" are hilarious.

http://pastebin.com/SESwf3q5

namely

This guy clearly plays a different game than the rest of us.

Well, he just invented the "highsec sov wars".

Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

:siren:Wanna see the new colors of all the paintable ships?:siren:

Check out http://www.caldariprimeponyclub.com/

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Germstore posted:

The best part is the screenshot.

He's hitting GSF's wallet where it really hurts.

What does a POCO even do?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

padijun posted:

Allow you to import and export stuff from planets.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

padijun posted:

Forms the fiscal backbone of any serious nullsec sov coalition.

Sovereignty bills, ship replacement programs, spy programs, logistics, directorate compensation, the list is long and expensive.

It's fair to say without a solid highsec POCO base, no nullsec entity can be considered serious, elite, or even serious.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 10, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Otacon posted:

Syndicate blue and gold. :swoon:

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Quote isn't even edit.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Otacon posted:

White background was not their most inspired choice. Minmatar ships are hard enough to tell apart with respect to colouring as-is.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Otacon posted:

:stare:

I will never not fly an Aliastra painted gallente ship again.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Otacon posted:

The nefantar scheme for Minmatar ships is sexy as hell.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Wow. Webgl is awesome.

He needs to add a spin counter and then I can cancel my Eve subs.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Just as a heads up, the 1.3 patch has been dated for this week and will include the drone assist change.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nessin posted:

Just as a heads up, the 1.3 patch has been dated for this week and will include the drone assist change.

So with the drone assist changes, they are capping at 50 assigned drones. Could you not still subdivide drones equally among, say, wing commanders and still achieve a similar effect? I am likely just underestimating the value of unlimited drone assignments, but I am curious if folks have played around with this idea already.

I just want to know for sure that ugly space whale doctrine is finally going to be dead and gone. :mad:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

For reference, the patch notes are at http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-rubicon-1.3 .

The most curious part of the patch notes is as follows:

* NPC AI has been enhanced to handle multiple targets in more robust way.

Could this be the end of AFK ratting?

Mutamu
Aug 10, 2011

He's Doctor, (pause), Doctor Shark!

Siets posted:

So with the drone assist changes, they are capping at 50 assigned drones. Could you not still subdivide drones equally among, say, wing commanders and still achieve a similar effect? I am likely just underestimating the value of unlimited drone assignments, but I am curious if folks have played around with this idea already.

I just want to know for sure that ugly space whale doctrine is finally going to be dead and gone. :mad:

50 drones, not 50 peoples worth of drones. So it's down to the squad level.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The best change:

quote:

The Sisters of EVE

Sisters of EVE LP stores now offer Astero, Stratios and Nestor BPCs in exchange for new Rogue Drone Nexus chips:
Rogue Drone 46-X Nexus Chip for Astero blueprint
Rogue Drone 43-X Nexus Chip for Stratios blueprint
Rogue Drone 42-X Nexus Chip for Nestor blueprint
These new Nexus chips have a chance to drop from ‘Sentient’ Rogue Drones, which can be found in Rogue Drone cosmic anomalies or asteroid belts in Drone controlled regions

Rogue Drone Officers have a higher drop rate on modules now and are guarantied to drop a 42-X Nexus Chip.

Since I love the Astero and Stratios, I can now go on a hilarious killing spree through drone anomalies, instead of ignoring them. Should be more interesting then a stupid mission grind. Also holy poo poo if the price for a Nestor isn't taking a nose dive soon Rogue Drone Officers will be the new jackpot.

Edit:

I'm just sad CCP stopped teasing us with the Jovian ships in their database and are finally taking them out. I guess this means whatever the new region will be, it won't have anything to do with the Jovians. Oh, well.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 10, 2014

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Mutamu posted:

50 drones, not 50 peoples worth of drones. So it's down to the squad level.

I am curious as to whether or not there will be a prompt letting you know too many people are already assisting the trigger. I could load the test server and find out but :effort:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

The best change:

Since I love the Astero and Stratios, I can now go on a hilarious killing spree through drone anomalies, instead of ignoring them. Should be more interesting then a stupid mission grind. Also holy poo poo if the price for a Nestor isn't taking a nose dive soon Rogue Drone Officers will be the new jackpot.

Edit:

I'm just sad CCP stopped teasing us with the Jovian ships in their database and are finally taking them out. I guess this means whatever the new region will be, it won't have anything to do with the Jovians. Oh, well.

The nestor is overpriced garbage that nobody wants, I doubt making it cheaper will do much.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Christ, if I were a Concord commander I'd just put a KOS rule on everybody flying a Catalyst. Nobody flies those for legitimate reasons.

Some head honcho in Concord probably sells Catalyst BPOs or something.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Glory of Arioch posted:

For reference, the patch notes are at http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-rubicon-1.3 .

The most curious part of the patch notes is as follows:

* NPC AI has been enhanced to handle multiple targets in more robust way.

Could this be the end of AFK ratting?

The Ishtar, finally nerfed. :(

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Vatek posted:

The nestor is overpriced garbage that nobody wants, I doubt making it cheaper will do much.

Well, at least in the beginning some people will be lucky. According to Eve-Central, there are roughly 60+ people willing to buy a Nestor for more then 500 million ISK right now. About two dozen of them are crazy people willing to pay up to 1,4 billion ISK. So the first people slaughtering drones for profit will hit the jackpot, then the price will drop.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

almighty posted:

Warr grabbed them for a series of :smug: broadcasts. :v:
Haha sweet, wish I could have been there!

Uba Stij posted:

I don't know why, but Gevlons "updates" are hilarious.

His blogging helps keep me entertained in a point and laugh aspect.

Germstore posted:

The best part is the screenshot.

He's hitting GSF's wallet where it really hurts.

Oh poo poo, we're done for! GSF and ultimately CFC are going to failcascade! On a more serious note, he can't honestly think that taking a POCO is relevant? ..oh wait, it's Gevlon.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Siets posted:

The Ishtar, finally nerfed. :(

Of course I'm 15 days away from gallente cruiser V

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

padijun posted:

Reasons this is bad:

Reasons this is good:
Arazu
Cynabal (with min cruiser)
whatever the hell gallente logi is called (I feel like it's exqueror but I've been known to be wrong on occasion)
Bitchin' Thorax

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

whatever the hell gallente logi is called (I feel like it's exqueror but I've been known to be wrong on occasion)

Basilisk if I am not mistaken.

Edit: As noted below, I am mistaken.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 10, 2014

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

kalstrams posted:

Basilisk is the caldari Logi. I think the Oneiros is the gallente t2 logi ship

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

kalstrams posted:

no i think its the rokh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

no i think its the rokh

Close enough, I was once told that Ravens make good logistics ships for Incursions.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Vatek posted:

If it comes down enough I think they might make a fun small RRBS lowsec gang.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

quote:

Skills

The effectiveness of the Corporation Management, Empire Control, Megacorp Management and Sovereignty skills have been doubled. Corporation CEOs will need to reapply their skills in the corporation management interface for the changes to take effect. The new bonuses are:
Corporation Management: +20 corporation members allowed per level
Empire Control: +100 corporation members allowed per level
Megacorp Management: +400 corporation members allowed per level
Sovereignty: +2000 corporation members allowed per level

Odds on everyone getting kicked out of every corp as :ccp: refunds everyone's Corp Management SP by accident?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Alchenar posted:

Odds on everyone getting kicked out of every corp as :ccp: refunds everyone's Corp Management SP by accident?

This would be absolutely hilarious. Unless you're Vyst, that is. :smith:

vehk
Jan 31, 2014

pugnax posted:

If it comes down enough I think they might make a fun small RRBS lowsec gang.

I'm holding some Astero inventory. So I should bust my rear end to sell these before the patches drops the price?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Is the Pirate frigate rebalance this patch?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kuvo posted:

Is the Pirate frigate rebalance this patch?

No, that's for "Summer". Unclear if it will be a Rubicon 1.4, or if it's the next expansion.
(My money's on the latter.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

No, that's for "Summer". Unclear if it will be a Rubicon 1.4, or if it's the next expansion.
(My money's on the latter.)

Apropos next expansion, I'm kind of interested in what the new ship, the Prospector, will turn out to be. Maybe a new T2 mining frigate, or something completely different?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

ChickenWing posted:

Reasons this is bad:

Reasons this is good:
Arazu
Cynabal (with min cruiser)
Bitchin' Thorax

Welp, time to get a ratting vindicator.

Kjep64 posted:

Oh poo poo, we're done for! GSF and ultimately CFC are going to failcascade! On a more serious note, he can't honestly think that taking a POCO is relevant? ..oh wait, it's Gevlon.

Nothing could possibly be more relevant than attacking ~a thing that makes isk~ in Glevon Goblin land :cripes:

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

kalstrams posted:

Close enough, I was once told that Ravens make good logistics ships for Incursions.

Only with full officer fits

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

padijun posted:

My guess is that they are actually just fixing the "rats instantly attack a ganker" bug that was introduced not too long ago. Still would be a nerf in terms of gankers, but not nearly as bad as rats destroying your drones constantly. Gankers are easy to avoid.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

What is CCP's opinion on afk pve anyway? Do they want all play to require some attention or are just happy they can count those hours as logged in hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

What is CCP's opinion on afk pve anyway? Do they want all play to require some attention or are just happy they can count those hours as logged in hours?

I think they care to the extent that lots of people ratting for longer means more isk flowing into the economy.

• Locked thread