Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Siets posted:

So with the drone assist changes, they are capping at 50 assigned drones. Could you not still subdivide drones equally among, say, wing commanders and still achieve a similar effect? I am likely just underestimating the value of unlimited drone assignments, but I am curious if folks have played around with this idea already.

I just want to know for sure that ugly space whale doctrine is finally going to be dead and gone. :mad:

Yeah but that leaves you either:

A: Vulnerable to damps because you had to use carriers as triggers.
B: You have to drop one SC for every five carriers which is just asking for us to drop titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Amberskin posted:

Only with full officer fits

But you can ~spider tank~ Ravens. :j:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alchenar posted:

I think they care to the extent that lots of people ratting for longer means more isk flowing into the economy.

But do they care if I'm at my keyboard or not if I'm adding the same amount of isk?

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Nurge posted:

This is a little late but sentinel isn't a bad reason to train amarr frigates if you want to piss on every other frigate hull in the game. That thing is terrifying for the cost.

pugnax posted:

There's no way that thing is going to survive un-nerfed. Get in while the getting's good.
It's only really ridiculous when solo, and even then it's quite possible to kill it with something like an injected Vengeance or ASB Hawk (or Ishkur, Astero, etc). Much like the Curse, which can also handle almost anything else in its class solo, it's balanced out by the fact that absolutely everybody knows not to engage it solo in anything but an injected drone/missile ship (or something at least one size class up, where neither ship has the DPS to really threaten). There's nothing about the Sentinel that's comparatively better than the Curse, and the Curse hasn't ever needed direct nerfs, so I don't see why the Sentinel would get special negative attention.

To answer the earlier question about frigates, yes, Caldari is probably the most useful all-around, but Amarr is a close second. Gallente are fine, but other than the Keres and Helios, either Amarr or Caldari will do everything better. Minmatar has nothing to offer but fast-locking gatecamp Hyenas and Stilettos.

Interceptors: Crow, Malediction, Crusader, Taranis, maybe Stiletto
AFs: Harpy, Hawk, Ishkur, Enyo, Vengeance (Minmatar are pretty bad)
EAFs: All useful, but the Sentinel and Keres are clearly the best
Bombers: Everything but the Nemesis
Covops: Helios
Navy: Slicer? These seem pretty well-balanced.
Pirate: All four post-rebalance, but Gallente will be the most useful (Daredevil, Astero, Worm)

Every faction has at least one T2 frigate worth flying, but overall Minmatar are the worst right now, as none of them excel at anything and many of them have terrible slot layouts with no other advantages. It's pretty trivial to cross-train into another set of T2 frigates once you have core support skills though, so any temporarily 'wrong' choice you make can still be corrected with another week and a half of training.

Hubbins
Sep 3, 2007
THIS is what a Hubbins looks like.
If indeed this is a nerf to afk ratting then it is also a nerf to multiboxing ratting. Glad I made two alts dedicated to VNI/Ishtar ratting. :ccp:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Alchenar posted:

I think they care to the extent that lots of people ratting for longer means more isk flowing into the economy.

Isn't the LP reward from the ESS an okay isk sink? Or do not enough people cash in their LP/use the ESS for that to matter one bit?

Wellp, looks like I'm going to have to go back to Tengu ratting. Good thing I'm getting HAM V in three days and won't have to use heavies! :v:

Otacon posted:

:siren:Wanna see the new colors of all the paintable ships?:siren:

Check out http://www.caldariprimeponyclub.com/

I thought this was going to be some Eveships with ponies painted on it or something.

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 10, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trabisnikof posted:

But do they care if I'm at my keyboard or not if I'm adding the same amount of isk?

It won't be the same amount of isk. People that are willing to AFK rat for 12 hours a day probably aren't willing to actually sit there and rat for 12 hours a day.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I think it's inevitable that the shoe will eventually drop on afk-ratting...but I hope it's not soon. :ohdear:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kheldragar posted:

I thought this was going to be some Eveships with ponies painted on it or something.

There was this CSM candidate with ship skin proposal. That sing almost went to the extent you you mentioned.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Angela Christine posted:

It won't be the same amount of isk. People that are willing to AFK rat for 12 hours a day probably aren't willing to actually sit there and rat for 12 hours a day.

I'm not sure I'm willing to active-rat ONE hour per day. gently caress EVE's pve.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

RUS)) alliance Darkness of Despair just disbanded.

Happening status: might

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

padijun posted:

Of course I'm 15 days away from gallente cruiser V

Relax, he's only talking about the drone assist cap. Your afk ratting is still fine, unless you're actively multiboxing more than 10 ishtars in the same anomaly.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Speaking of ships camouflages, Khanid stuff looks incredible.

twoot posted:

RUS)) alliance Darkness of Despair just disbanded.

Happening status: might

I wish I would have an ability to hear their comms now. :allears:

Edit: That broadcast. If that is right then 3 to 1 that Ukrainians are fed up with Russians reciting the "Ukrainian fascists" propoganda.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 10, 2014

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Has anyone tested the new rat AI on SiSi to see if it really is a nerf to AFK Ishtar ratting?

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

kalstrams posted:

Edit: That broadcast. If that is right then 3 to 1 that Ukrainians are fed up with Russians reciting the "Ukrainian fascists" propoganda.

There have also been some real live shots today when the russian/green men from mars/Vatican commandos attacked an Ukrainian military post and fired real live ammunition. Fortunately there have not been any deaths (yet).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Amberskin posted:

There have also been some real live shots today when the russian/green men from mars/Vatican commandos attacked an Ukrainian military post and fired real live ammunition. Fortunately there have not been any deaths (yet).

Yeah, that too. Darkness of Despair would have been already disbanded by evening if the shots would have been real.
We have a nice thread in D&D about Eastern Europe, feel free to drop down there too.

Edit: Grammar.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 10, 2014

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

kalstrams posted:

Yeah, that too. Darkness of Despair would have been already disbanded by evening if the shot would have been real.
We have a nice thread in D&D about Eastern Europe, feel free to drop down there too.

I have just added it to my lurking list, thanks.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Oh you know just hangin out at jita undock in my 1b pod

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't that the same corp as the guy who lost the Aeon and Thanatos by not moving with the supercarreir move fleet?

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
ahaha, bounty.

"I just lost 1b isk in a really stupid way. The next logical course of action is to pointlessly give away another 1b isk."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uba Stij posted:

Isn't that the same corp as the guy who lost the Aeon and Thanatos by not moving with the supercarreir move fleet?

I see that guy who lost the Aeon in fleets regularly coming out of QPO- so I'm glad the loss didn't make him quit. Hes not in Polaris though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Uba Stij posted:

Same alliance, different corp. (That guy is no longer in GENTS; he's now in ETNY :3 )

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Azurrat posted:

I applied to the sig almost two weeks ago, it's still pending. :saddowns:

I feel like that's probably because I don't have enough hisec kills, but solo ganking isn't exactly easy and nobody in sigma/theta ever wants to help me ruin my sec status. I can fit a T2 catalyst if I want to solo gank a retriever, but that's throwing 10-15M at getting maybe 4-6M in module drops. Which I won't be able to pick up for 15 minutes, and by then both wrecks will have been looted.

From a couple pages back, but if you're doing miner ganking (or hauler ganking too, I think) you can send your lossmails to James 315 in-game. He reimburses T1 Catalysts at 2m isk and T2s at 15m isk. That's how you make money from highsec kills.

http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/12/reimbursement-for-knights-of-order.html

Here's the relevant post on his blog. You can fit out a T2 Catalyst for less than the reimbursement amount, so you [/i]can[/i] make money off hisec ganking.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 11, 2014

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

kalstrams posted:

I wish I would have an ability to hear their comms now. :allears:

Holy poo poo really? Eastern politics actually affecting EVE is kind of fascinating.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Famethrowa posted:

Holy poo poo really? Eastern politics actually affecting EVE is kind of fascinating.

N3 are smugging pretty hard about how this is a great victory for them and proof of their superiority. Of course they also prove once again how insufferable N3 is in general.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

N3 are smugging pretty hard about how this is a great victory for them and proof of their superiority. Of course they also prove once again how insufferable N3 is in general.

It is N2 now :colbert:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

twoot posted:

It is N2 now :colbert:

True: N2, the same exact amount of smug and shitposting about being the true masters of pvp now packed into a more compact form!

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

causticBeet posted:

Oh you know just hangin out at jita undock in my 1b pod

ooo Are we posting pod mails now?

How about one of my favorites. Let me autopilot out of jita in my 1bil pod (at the time of the kill before Mining Foreman Mindlinks got hella cheap). Nothing bad will happen right?

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14603831

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's an update to the -DD- disband, Putin had nothing to do with it.

An angry and bitter ex-leader, however, did.

http://themittani.com/news/darkness-despair-disbanded-updated

Also because the coalition/alliance have API based communications, -DD-'s members don't have those anymore either.

kills4pie
Feb 28, 2014

I love how well written goon forums are. I know you probably don’t need approval of a noodle, but thanks vyst for the good read and guidance! Can’t wait to be a little fleet bee.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

mikey posted:

Lots of helpful :words:

:swoon: Thank you for the advice and list! I've rejigged stuff slightly and will train caldari a bit earlier yet again, which will put me at Caldari Frigates 5 & Gallente Frigates 5 in 45 days (that includes quite a bit of other stuff, as well).

In other news, thanks to the -DD- disband, BNI just took a station... :confuoot:

Baroti
Feb 22, 2009
So I quit EVE ~4 years ago a little bit after titans came out. I used to be in SNIGG but when I went to college I didn't have time for EVE. Now I have some more free time and wanted to start playing again. I tried to get back into it over the summer and join back up with PL and SNIGG but the game has moved on so much that I almost completely need to relearn a good portion of it. I was interested in joining goonwaffe to relearn the game and play with some chill people. I've had an SA account since '09 but don't really post much besides browse D&D. Would I be eligible to join?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Hollow Talk posted:

:swoon: Thank you for the advice and list! I've rejigged stuff slightly and will train caldari a bit earlier yet again, which will put me at Caldari Frigates 5 & Gallente Frigates 5 in 45 days (that includes quite a bit of other stuff, as well).

In other news, thanks to the -DD- disband, BNI just took a station... :confuoot:

Yeah, I am watching them poo poo up local in E-YJ8G celebrating their "great accomplishment". These guys sperg on levels that are dangerously close to TEST levels of sperg.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

kills4pie posted:

I love how well written goon forums are. I know you probably don’t need approval of a noodle, but thanks vyst for the good read and guidance! Can’t wait to be a little fleet bee.

For the benefit of future post searches only.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Baroti posted:

So I quit EVE ~4 years ago a little bit after titans came out. I used to be in SNIGG but when I went to college I didn't have time for EVE. Now I have some more free time and wanted to start playing again. I tried to get back into it over the summer and join back up with PL and SNIGG but the game has moved on so much that I almost completely need to relearn a good portion of it. I was interested in joining goonwaffe to relearn the game and play with some chill people. I've had an SA account since '09 but don't really post much besides browse D&D. Would I be eligible to join?

I don't know, what does the OP say?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Levarris posted:

Yeah, I am watching them poo poo up local in E-YJ8G celebrating their "great accomplishment". These guys sperg on levels that are dangerously close to TEST levels of sperg.

Well, to be fair, there was a fleet of quite a number of RUS (-A-?) Crows... :rolleyes:

But I agree, people jump to conclusions and somehow, if they actually manage to take sov, this will "prove" that this deployment is working and that everybody is splendid and CFC/Goons beware and and and... I'm curious what tomorrow will bring, and I'm curious whether BNI will become more insufferable after this if they "own null sov".

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 11, 2014

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

kills4pie posted:

Why wait? Message me in game: Bagu Oskold. Or leave a mail if I'm not on.

Baroti
Feb 22, 2009

Booley posted:

I don't know, what does the OP say?

It says I need to post often, I need to have an account longer then three months and I need to not have been banned/probated. I meet two of those requirements. I'm asking if the first requirement can be waived.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Baroti posted:

It says I need to post often, I need to have an account longer then three months and I need to not have been banned/probated. I meet two of those requirements. I'm asking if the first requirement can be waived.

Wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The proposed vyst avatar from 4-5 pages back.

• Locked thread