Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

Hollow Talk posted:

Well, to be fair, there was a fleet of quite a number of RUS (-A-?) Crows... :rolleyes:

But I agree, people jump to conclusions and somehow, if they actually manage to take sov, this will "prove" that this deployment is working and that everybody is splendid and CFC/Goons beware and and and... I'm curious what tomorrow will bring, and I'm curious whether BNI will become more insufferable after this if they "own null sov".

That crow fleet was pretty much a non-factor in the taking of the station. I wish we were contested because I really only care about gudfites :black101:

We'll eventually get a good bit of sov around here, and when that happens hopefully there will be more things to shoot at until some real null power comes along and decides they want our space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Baroti posted:

It says I need to post often, I need to have an account longer then three months and I need to not have been banned/probated. I meet two of those requirements. I'm asking if the first requirement can be waived.

Auth generally don't waive requirements.

You should go out and be part of the SA community. Shitpost in new GBS, drop a reasonable opinion in D&D, get mad over comic books in BSS or thank a dude for some sweet deals in Coupons. For all we know you could be an insufferable shitlord that nobody likes to spend time around and we wouldn't know if you don't have a post history.

I'm not saying to drink the GOON CULTURE Kool-Aid, but the answer to all your troubles is to :justpost:

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Hollow Talk posted:

Well, to be fair, there was a fleet of quite a number of RUS (-A-?) Crows... :rolleyes:

But I agree, people jump to conclusions and somehow, if they actually manage to take sov, this will "prove" that this deployment is working and that everybody is splendid and CFC/Goons beware and and and... I'm curious what tomorrow will bring, and I'm curious whether BNI will become more insufferable after this if they "own null sov".

Honestly, I don't think -A- will put up much of a fight. Right now BNI & friends are taking the same opportunity N3 is and taking free sov after DD's meltdown.

Tomorrow? It will probably begin -A-'s perennial trail of tears back to Stain.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

vyst has it. and the full image is in the OP.

Booley posted:

I don't know, what does the OP say?

For about thirty seconds, my mind started putting together a Ylvis parody -- what does the auth say -- but I couldn't continue after "and mittens goes smug-smug-smug."

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007

Bagu posted:

Why wait? Message me in game: Bagu Oskold. Or leave a mail if I'm not on.
He is waving one of the three requirements

Baroti posted:

It says I need to post often, I need to have an account longer then three months and I need to not have been banned/probated. I meet two of those requirements. I'm asking if the first requirement can be waived.

He is asking for one of the three requirements being waved

Maneck posted:

The proposed vyst avatar from 4-5 pages back.

You are making fun of him for thinking he is a special bee?
Doesn't this seem a bit hypocritical

Maybe bagu is not a white knight then please ignore.

Lowkin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 11, 2014

kills4pie
Feb 28, 2014

Bagu posted:

Why wait? Message me in game: Bagu Oskold. Or leave a mail if I'm not on.

Back under the bridge with you good sir!

Baroti
Feb 22, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Auth generally don't waive requirements.

You should go out and be part of the SA community. Shitpost in new GBS, drop a reasonable opinion in D&D, get mad over comic books in BSS or thank a dude for some sweet deals in Coupons. For all we know you could be an insufferable shitlord that nobody likes to spend time around and we wouldn't know if you don't have a post history.

I'm not saying to drink the GOON CULTURE Kool-Aid, but the answer to all your troubles is to :justpost:

Word, sounds good I'll post around for a bit and then come back. I'll just play around and get used to playing again anyway so I'm not completely useless when I join.

kills4pie
Feb 28, 2014

causticBeet yes, message me in game and send your assets. i'll move them on a neutral alt so you don't lose assets. :pervert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Back to the EVE-O forums with you pubbie.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 11, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Baroti posted:

Probably not. 13 posts is really light. If you had say 89-90 posts, and they were in multiple subforums, you might get the handwave, if they weren't poo poo posts. Can't really make a case for 13 posts in over 4 years though.

kills4pie posted:

Back under the bridge with you good sir!

Pip pip, cheerio :monocle:

Get the gently caress out :frogout:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 11, 2014

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013
Baroti, since you asked so nicely I tried to send you a quality PM explaining what the background on the auth requirements was, and found that you've blocked all PMs.

TL;DR Goonfleet is for members of this community. It is provided by goons, for goons.

You've posted 12 times in 5 years, and blocked all PMs.

By not posting and not accepting PM's, you've made two conscious decisions to not be part of the community. Why should goonwaffe accept you?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sir_Substance posted:

Baroti, since you asked so nicely I tried to send you a quality PM explaining what the background on the auth requirements was, and found that you've blocked all PMs.

TL;DR Goonfleet is for members of this community. It is provided by goons, for goons.

By not posting and not accepting PM's, you've made two conscious decisions to not be part of the community. Why should goonwaffe accept you?

You have to buy Premium to receive PM's broski.

Also you can waive deez nuts Baroti - hth.

Baroti
Feb 22, 2009

Sir_Substance posted:

No idea what you're talking about blocking PMs dude. Pretty sure you need to buy premium to have them. Don't feel bad dude I'd PM you if I could it's not a personal rejection.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

vyst posted:

You have to buy Premium to receive PM's broski.

Well, that's my scrubbishness coming through. I knew you needed it to send them, didn't realise you needed it to receive them as well. Is there a way to tell if someone has premium other then typing an entire PM and seeing if it sends?

edit: wait, I know this one, is it because some people have message below their posts and others dont? :ughh:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lowkin posted:

Maneck posted:

The proposed vyst avatar from 4-5 pages back.
You are making fun of him for thinking he is a special bee?

I explained the reference that one guy made, to another who didn't understand. In your crazy world, that means I am making fun of a third guy? I can see why your posting is so popular here.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Baroti posted:

I'll just play around and get used to playing again anyway so I'm not completely useless when I join.
I can vouch from personal experience that being useful is not a requirement.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

Being useful is suspicious and may earn you an interview with digi.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Maneck posted:

Being useful is suspicious and may earn you an interview with digi.

Thank god! I'll just keep on ratting in JU with all the other Thetans while I semi-afk mainfleets on my alt. Wouldn't want to be any more useful than that.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Daler Mehndi posted:

With drone assist about to die and rumors about AFK ratting going too, it looks like I'm going to be a net drain on the alliance until I can train into something useful. Filing for reimbursement and not even able to be a warm body space potato in fleets or contribute taxes.

edit: vvv that's why I said I will be useless. I can fly a Domi now, I can't fly an Apoc or a Mega.

BAD AT STUFF fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 11, 2014

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Mimetic posted:

...not even able to be a warm body space potato in fleets...

That doctrine is being dumped.

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007

Maneck posted:

I explained the reference that one guy made, to another who didn't understand. In your crazy world, that means I am making fun of a third guy? I can see why your posting is so popular here.

This is a question mark ? It's not an assertion.
I interpreted it wrongly then.

Would dual Ishtars be better than dual Domis? (mission running)

I'd rather go ishtars because I could cross-train alot of cruiser PvP skills.

Am I being retarded for staying away from missiles entirely?

Lowkin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 11, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Maneck posted:

and there was great rejoicing.

I'll not be sorry to see the back of such a stupid and unfun doctrine.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

darth cookie posted:

and there was great rejoicing.

I'll not be sorry to see the back of such a stupid and unfun doctrine.

I liked being able to go afk for as long as I wanted as long as I could hear comms.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mimetic posted:

With drone assist about to die and rumors about AFK ratting going too, it looks like I'm going to be a net drain on the alliance until I can train into something useful. Filing for reimbursement and not even able to be a warm body space potato in fleets or contribute taxes.

Ratting is dumb. You do it for isk, not to be useful. We have a handful of very keen ratters (totally not botters) who make an average person's ratting taxes look like a drop in the bucket.

As for being useful in fleets, you can do that. Before training for the next big thing, train for some extremely useful little things to fall back on. These aren't being nerfed any time soon.

Fly those, be useful on almost any fleet. Far more durable than a newbie tackler. They do die a little easier than their T2 big brothers, but if you are in goonwaffe you'll make bank on double reimbursements.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

These aren't being nerfed any time soon.

I don't know if it actaully matters, but the Celestis is having it's range bonus nerfed in this patch too.

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD

eggsovereasy posted:

I don't know if it actaully matters, but the Celestis is having it's range bonus nerfed in this patch too.

It doesn't - even with the range nerf, their [the enemy] still not going to be able to target anything further than 15ft away.

e: ˅˅˅ yup, good point!

dotalchemy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 11, 2014

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

dotalchemy posted:

It doesn't - even with the range nerf, their still not going to be able to target anything further than 15ft away.

As in the enemy, or the celestis?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Maneck posted:

The Post-patch insurance fraud roams will be wonderful. I'm happy to finally put this doctrine to bed.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The enemy.

The a Celestis' optimal range will now no longer be further out than its targeting range.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

eggsovereasy posted:

The Celestis had a dumb thing where it could damp farther than it could target. Now it won't. It isn't a serious nerf.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.
With -DD- in a poo poo storm, the RUS already not doing that great across the board, -A- is struggling, HERO getting in bed with N3 (probably), where does that leave us? As much as I'd hate to admit it, I'd rather redeploy than see N3 gain anything; but, I hate N3 with a burning bloody passion.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Kjep64 posted:

With -DD- in a poo poo storm, the RUS already not doing that great across the board, -A- is struggling, HERO getting in bed with N3 (probably), where does that leave us? As much as I'd hate to admit it, I'd rather redeploy than see N3 gain anything; but, I hate N3 with a burning bloody passion.

A lot of it is going to depend on how well DD recovers and what N3/PL wants out of this. They probably don't want to go beyond the pre-war borders or risk intervention from the CFC again, so I'd imagine they'll try and grind back to the positions they were at in October, or at the very least take back Immensea, and leave the rest alone. If DD can recover and bump up -A- then I'd be willing to bet they could achieve some sort of stalemate between N3, HERO, and themselves once they give up most of the gains from when we were back there.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
As a complete newbie to this, I followed the instructions on the wiki and eventually got to the Bootcamp forum, which I started to read through, but now I can't seem to see it at all. Was my application rejected? Am I doomed to a life of dishonor?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Left posted:

As a complete newbie to this, I followed the instructions on the wiki and eventually got to the Bootcamp forum, which I started to read through, but now I can't seem to see it at all. Was my application rejected? Am I doomed to a life of dishonor?

I'd wager you were rejected. Try reading the OP. It's not loving hard.

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD

Left posted:

First, congratulations on following wiki instructions. You've reached the top 1% of Goonwaffe recruits.

Sadly, you failed to read requirement #1.

flightlessdog
Apr 22, 2013

Well that was dumb

Left posted:

quote:

There have been 25 posts made by Left, an average of 0.03 posts per day, since registering on Jul 1, 2011.

That's worse than me, and my application was shat on.

this post is poop, but so is everything else here

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
:shepicide: Well, I guess that's that then. Maybe I'll try again some day.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Is it a full moon or something?

Good thing Vyst bolstered his auth ranks. He's going to have to have those guys working doubletime to dish out all the sassy rejection notices.

Left posted:

If you want to play with Goons now, you can still look into Groon. Again, just read the OP.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Left posted:

Not if you don't post.
:goonsay:

Did another massive titan/supercap murderspree happen while I wasn't paying attention? That's like 4 in one page who can't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

~SMcD

Left posted:

Holy poo poo, why is it GSF or bust? Go join GROON already. You have an SA account, so you meet their stringent auth requirements. All you need to do is spend an hour searching for the finest buttes that Google can find and you're in there. Oh, and an mspaint of an Avatar making GBS threads out exotic dancers or something.

Plus they all live in the same station, so you might get to pod Noctis Horrendae or whatever he calls himself on the undock, which is reason enough for this entire thread to move to AAS.

• Locked thread