Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Anyone have any opinions on Spell Crafting for Skyrim? Is it worth bothering with, and will it ever get to Morrowind levels of wacky spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

LtSmash posted:

That's pretty generic but a weapon has something wrong with it. Either a bad entry for its template or a bad entry as a keyword. Did you check all your mods for errors with tesedit (and are you using a tesedit merged patch)?

Ah, yes it seems to be JaySus Swords. It's the newest version of his mod straight off of the nexus too, V13C with the V13C-V13D patch.

And yes to both a merged patch and a bashed patch.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mustang posted:

Ah, yes it seems to be JaySus Swords. It's the newest version of his mod straight off of the nexus too, V13C with the V13C-V13D patch.

And yes to both a merged patch and a bashed patch.

Latest from JaySus's page or latest from Sharlikran's page? Sharlikran did an update for JaySus swords, among other older mods, that fixed issues they had. JaySus's ESPs all have problems because they predate the CK, and he never updated them after the CK was released.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The Mad Archivist posted:

Latest from JaySus's page or latest from Sharlikran's page? Sharlikran did an update for JaySus swords, among other older mods, that fixed issues they had. JaySus's ESPs all have problems because they predate the CK, and he never updated them after the CK was released.

From JaySus's page as linked in the OP. Didn't even know a V14 existed thanks.

edit: anyone know a good Climates of Tamriel compatible ENB preset that isn't too performance intensive? I don't need anything crazy, though I would like to have Depth of Field. Not really too sure which parts of an ENB preset impact performance the most.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 9, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Depth of field is one of the most intensive things, I think. At least on my machine. I think BOSS should've directed you to the correct JaySuS page?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I guess I should have read BOSS more closely then, I thought it was just a mistake on it's part because I figured I had downloaded the most recent JaySus's Swords so it must be wrong for giving an error.

But thanks guys, I got Lootification working this time.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Just finished the second voicetype for Follower Commentary Overhaul - worked right away when I tested it. I also experimented a bit with combat barks - this voicetype will be able to identify archers and mages and call them out, so it even adds combat utility. Feeling better about the project overall and ready to tackle the third voicetype tomorrow.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
A mod to tweak weapon draw speed would be good.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Just finished the second voicetype for Follower Commentary Overhaul - worked right away when I tested it. I also experimented a bit with combat barks - this voicetype will be able to identify archers and mages and call them out, so it even adds combat utility. Feeling better about the project overall and ready to tackle the third voicetype tomorrow.

That's awesome. You're awesome.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Well I found out that in all my installations it's ENB that causes FPS drops to 2.1 when looking in certain directions. Like I can run through right run just fine but if I go to and look towards the tanning rack near the entrance of town my FPS drops to 2. Which is ridiculous because I have a GTX 770. On my old ATI 7850 this never happened when I used ENB.

It can't be texture replacers because I still get 60+ FPS without ENB.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Is there a mod that removes the boob sockets from the iron and banded iron armors? There's one that removes them from all the other armors but not those two for some reason.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

You are the man.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
What's the go to mod for non-map fast travel? I'm trying not to fast travel using the map this playthrough but the lack of carriages in minor holds among other things are annoying me.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

If you manage this I will personally forge you a medal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

What's the go to mod for non-map fast travel? I'm trying not to fast travel using the map this playthrough but the lack of carriages in minor holds among other things are annoying me.

I use BFT - Carriages and Ships. It adds a carriage to every single town and makes every town a carriage destination.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Scyantific posted:

I use BFT - Carriages and Ships. It adds a carriage to every single town and makes every town a carriage destination.
Thank you. I've been using Expanded Carriage Service for eons, but this is much more comprehensive.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've been on a bit of a modding spree lately, but I haven't found much luck with additional monsters or shouts. First post doesn't have too much to say on them, either. (except for that one shout pack that needs Dawnguard and Dragonborn, which I don't have.) Any good examples of either?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

That's pretty generic but a weapon has something wrong with it. Either a bad entry for its template or a bad entry as a keyword. Did you check all your mods for errors with tesedit (and are you using a tesedit merged patch)?

Hey, LtSmash, have you had any idea what's causing Lootification to fail to lootify some 2H weapons (yeah, that's my long rear end post on the Nexus.)

I wanted to add something weird: It lootfies some 2H weapons but not others, and I can't seem to figure out why. Out of Immersive Weapons, it lootifies the Daedric Quarterstaff but not the Glass one.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey, LtSmash, have you had any idea what's causing Lootification to fail to lootify some 2H weapons (yeah, that's my long rear end post on the Nexus.)

I wanted to add something weird: It lootfies some 2H weapons but not others, and I can't seem to figure out why. Out of Immersive Weapons, it lootifies the Daedric Quarterstaff but not the Glass one.

Sadly no. I'm pretty sure I hosed something but can't track down what it is. I've torn out a lot of the guts of it recently anyway so hopefully that might fix it. Sadly illness and ASIS and general skyproc development has really put a damper on my progress.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Sadly no. I'm pretty sure I hosed something but can't track down what it is. I've torn out a lot of the guts of it recently anyway so hopefully that might fix it. Sadly illness and ASIS and general skyproc development has really put a damper on my progress.

Hope you feel better man. Lootification and ASIS are still indespensible. I recently pared my ModList to a bare minimum after 2 saves ruined by script lag, but ASIS and Lootification are still on the list. :)

BTW, I finially encountered the ASIS Immortal Enemy bug. I kept a save file of it, if you want me to zip it up and send it somewhere.

Edit: Also, if you need a lootification beta tester... :D

The Bee posted:

I've been on a bit of a modding spree lately, but I haven't found much luck with additional monsters or shouts. First post doesn't have too much to say on them, either. (except for that one shout pack that needs Dawnguard and Dragonborn, which I don't have.) Any good examples of either?

Not be be an rear end, but you really should at least get Dragonborn when the next steam sale hits. The only good shout pack I know of (thunderchild) and the better of the two creature mods (Skyrim Immersive Creatures) both require the DLC. :(

Also, the DLC is pretty goddamn good. Dawnguard is the lesser of the two, though, but the stuff it adds (Arrows, Dragonbone Weapons, Crossbow, the Aetherium quest) is worth it.

As far as I know, SkyMoMod doesn't require the DLC. It's not terrible (in fact, before my recent mod-pruning I used both) it's just not as high-quality as SIC. There's a new, Improved version of SkyMoMod on the nexus, I reccomend that.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 10, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Hope you feel better man. Lootification and ASIS are still indespensible. I recently pared my ModList to a bare minimum after 2 saves ruined by script lag, but ASIS and Lootification are still on the list. :)

BTW, I finially encountered the ASIS Immortal Enemy bug. I kept a save file of it, if you want me to zip it up and send it somewhere.

Edit: Also, if you need a lootification beta tester... :D

Beta testing is its own realm of oblivion but if you are brave enough to risk it who am I to say no? Solid testers are a huge asset since I generally just test against the mods I like and not Realistic Sex (immersive rape) Redux.esp which inevitably breaks poo poo and is way more popular than I would like to think about and all the bug reports consist of 'Thing no go good'. Testing is also something that doesn't require lots of technical knowledge. If you (or any other goon) want send me a message on the nexus and I'll drop you a line whenever I have something readyish.

I could also really use someone with UI design skills to make the Lootification gui not suck hard. Preferably with java/swing experience since I hate and am bad with everything having to do with UI stuff but beggars can't be choosers.

In exciting news I discovered SkyProc absolutely butchers quests. Tesedit gave like 3 screenfuls of errors for the first of the main quest. And after I fixed those I discovered it simply didn't export the script fragment or alias script info at all. The code for exporting quests had a blank function for that with a comment that it needed to be written. How the hell did that pass any sort of testing? Fragments seem to be working now but aliases make it crash. One step at a time I guess.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm probably missing something obvious on a mod page somewhere, but with Morrowloot, what happens to modded gear? If morrowloot stops higher level loot dropping, does that mean that I'll just never see half the gear I've added?

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
Using SPERG and the community uncapper and I'm still getting a perk every level. I tried installing it with Mod Organizer and then directly into my skyrim folder, but I'm still not having any luck not getting 1 perk per level. In the OP it says to try manually installing it in your mod folder would that be the mod folder in Mod Organizer or something else?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

oneof3steves posted:

Using SPERG and the community uncapper and I'm still getting a perk every level. I tried installing it with Mod Organizer and then directly into my skyrim folder, but I'm still not having any luck not getting 1 perk per level. In the OP it says to try manually installing it in your mod folder would that be the mod folder in Mod Organizer or something else?
Make sure the uncapper INI file is in the same directory as the DLL. It didn't work properly for me when I had the DLL in the Uncapper mod folder and the INI loading afterwards in the SPERG folder.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
n/m frustrated and confused but I'm working on figuring it out.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 11, 2014

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
I've been really enjoying SPERG lately; my second run through the game involves me using a berserker/assassin that murders people by sniping with crossbow and charging in with claymore. But there's been a couple of things eating at me about the mod and how it works:

1. Legendary skills. I've had Two-Handed, Light Armor, and Sneak sitting at 100 for now. From what little vague things I could google about SPERG, people say that going legendary breaks how the SPERG mod works - which I would be inclined to agree, given how auto-leveled perks work here. Can I just get a confirmation?

2. The Pickpocket skill tree has been tempting me for ages. I almost want to run a new character that uses no equipment with that tree. However, what bothers me about it is if I'll be forced to actually... Well, pickpocket, to become a master monk. Does SPERG make it so that it's also possible to level pickpocketing by punching peoples' lights out?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Bluhman posted:

I've been really enjoying SPERG lately; my second run through the game involves me using a berserker/assassin that murders people by sniping with crossbow and charging in with claymore. But there's been a couple of things eating at me about the mod and how it works:

1. Legendary skills. I've had Two-Handed, Light Armor, and Sneak sitting at 100 for now. From what little vague things I could google about SPERG, people say that going legendary breaks how the SPERG mod works - which I would be inclined to agree, given how auto-leveled perks work here. Can I just get a confirmation?

2. The Pickpocket skill tree has been tempting me for ages. I almost want to run a new character that uses no equipment with that tree. However, what bothers me about it is if I'll be forced to actually... Well, pickpocket, to become a master monk. Does SPERG make it so that it's also possible to level pickpocketing by punching peoples' lights out?

1. There's an MCM option that makes SPERG Legendary-aware. Assuming it's checked (which it should be by default) then when you make a skill Legendary you'll see perks points flash up a certain number for a second but correct itself to the value it's supposed to be (that is, subtracting the auto-perks).

2. Punching people does give pickpocket EXP but in my experience it's not a lot. Maybe it's because it's killing things so fast since I'm playing a Khajiit right now.

Semi-related note. Is anyone else who's using SPERG having an issue with the Steady Hand perk? It's weird because when I try to use it suddenly I can't zoom anymore or aim left or right. I still get time slowed and stamina drain though. Also it seems to take >30 seconds for the effect to wear off when I release the button.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bluhman posted:

I think you can tweak how SPERG handles legendary skills through the MCM. Pickpocket can definitely be leveled with unarmed combat since I've gotten skill levels while werewolfing. It's probably going to be slow, though.

SPERG has really made the game a lot more enjoyable than my first, unmodded playthrough. Increasing character level feels so much more rewarding when you're not dumping most of your perks into the 5-rank "make this skill keep pace" ones, and a lot of the perks do genuinely interesting things. I'm sure other mods and having a better idea of what I'm doing are part of it, but I'd really give SPERG the lion's share of the credit.

Does the USKP change the frequency of dragon spawns? I feel like I've encountered a lot fewer than I did in my first playthrough.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Does anyone use Skybirds? I have a bunch of birds in my game that just stand there without moving and if you hit them they just disappear. Not sure what could have caused it, was working fine earlier.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Mustang posted:

Does anyone use Skybirds? I have a bunch of birds in my game that just stand there without moving and if you hit them they just disappear. Not sure what could have caused it, was working fine earlier.

All of those birds are wizards. They're watching you.

Serious question: can you only recruit certain people to watch over your hearthfire estate? I took a follower onto the property but nothing is popping up in the dialogue options.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

1. There's an MCM option that makes SPERG Legendary-aware. Assuming it's checked (which it should be by default) then when you make a skill Legendary you'll see perks points flash up a certain number for a second but correct itself to the value it's supposed to be (that is, subtracting the auto-perks).

2. Punching people does give pickpocket EXP but in my experience it's not a lot. Maybe it's because it's killing things so fast since I'm playing a Khajiit right now.

Awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

Serious question: can you only recruit certain people to watch over your hearthfire estate? I took a follower onto the property but nothing is popping up in the dialogue options.

Yup.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Cool. Thanks for the link. I was trying to get Kharjo to be a steward, which explains it.

However, I checked Erik the slayer, too, and he didn't have the option, so looks like I may have a bug. I bet it's due to UFO.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I've decided that basically every faction and person in Skyrim is a jerk rear end in a top hat who doesn't deserve your loyalty.

Except Mjoll, she's cool.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Mustang posted:

Are you using Birds and Flocks, Birds of Skyrim, the Flora Respawn Fix, or 83Willows 101Bugs? IIRC many of Birds of Skyrim's birds don't fly, even with skyBirds, and the other mods each edit one or two of the vanilla objects that skyBirds adds spawner scripts to. So long as those mods are loaded after skyBirds their changes take precedence over skyBirds' (unless you make a Merged Patch with TES5Edit), thereby drasticly reducing the number of skyBirds spawn locations.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Mustang posted:

ASIS is known to cause frozen birds with Skybirds, so if you're using that, add the Skybirds .esp to the mod exclusion list.

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
I'm getting back into playing modded Skyrim after an 8 month break and finished updating all my mods last night. Are there any new noteworthy gameplay or content mod recommendations that aren't already in the OP?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Has anyone run into problems with the SPERG Ethereal Arrows perk glitching in combination with the SKSE Smart Souls script? I took the perk, and when I first tried to fire a bow without arrows equipped, the Ethereal Arrows showed up on my character but the game said I didn't have arrows equipped, and from that point forward I couldn't soul trap anything. Restarting the game and equipping bolts removed the problem, and upon loading in I received all of the souls I should have been collecting in one giant rush.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone has an issue with Smart Souls where soul gems won't stack? If I put them into the soul gem container in Riverside Lodge and Sauna (which auto-fills) they fall into a single stack, but are still separate from the main stack (which I assume is composed of purchased and found gems, rather than ones I filled), so I end up with two stacks for each soul gem level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

LtSmash posted:

Beta testing is its own realm of oblivion but if you are brave enough to risk it who am I to say no? Solid testers are a huge asset since I generally just test against the mods I like and not Realistic Sex (immersive rape) Redux.esp which inevitably breaks poo poo and is way more popular than I would like to think about and all the bug reports consist of 'Thing no go good'. Testing is also something that doesn't require lots of technical knowledge. If you (or any other goon) want send me a message on the nexus and I'll drop you a line whenever I have something readyish.

I could also really use someone with UI design skills to make the Lootification gui not suck hard. Preferably with java/swing experience since I hate and am bad with everything having to do with UI stuff but beggars can't be choosers.

In exciting news I discovered SkyProc absolutely butchers quests. Tesedit gave like 3 screenfuls of errors for the first of the main quest. And after I fixed those I discovered it simply didn't export the script fragment or alias script info at all. The code for exporting quests had a blank function for that with a comment that it needed to be written. How the hell did that pass any sort of testing? Fragments seem to be working now but aliases make it crash. One step at a time I guess.

PM me, I can probably help on the UI, though I haven't touch java in years (mostly for the learning experience! I'm a .net flunky). Second caveat, dark souls 2 came out so I'll not be terribly useful while it soaks up 100% of my free time.

• Locked thread