Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Bad movie podcasts need to discover "Simply Irresistible" because holy poo poo that has to be one of the best worst movies I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Bad movie podcasts need to discover "Simply Irresistible" because holy poo poo that has to be one of the best worst movies I've ever seen.

I'd forgotten all about that movie. IMDB summary:

quote:

A magical crab works wonders for a terrible chef's culinary skills, leading her towards the man of her dreams.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Evil Vin posted:

I literally started cringing and making faces on the train before I remembered I was on a train when they played the line the bottom powdering. That's some gross poo poo.

What gets me is that when the line is said by Caine there are two perfectly reasonable reactions that could have happened. A. The girl realizes "Holy poo poo this man is literally old enough to be my father and is practically my uncle what the gently caress" and the movie turns into her getting out of this relationship (preferably the line would have been near the end of the film) or B. When she say her gigglely response Caine realizes "Jesus Christ this is supremely hosed up" and tries to end it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

They should keep the creep-train rolling and do "Love Potion Number 9", in which two scientists pretty much develop the ultimate date rape drug and use it to make mind slavesfind true love.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Kinda ho-hum WHM this week compared to the poo poo show last week. Gary Busey impersonations abound, which is always good for a chuckle.

But next week? Oh next week...

I think they're doing Dreamcatcher.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

RagingBoner posted:

Kinda ho-hum WHM this week compared to the poo poo show last week.

It's hard to follow up a movie whose alternate title could be "Exhibit A"

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Disappointed to hear about How Did This Get Made's new schedule this morning. One episode a month is not nearly enough. Can't Paul and June get a nanny like every other Hollywood power couple?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irish Joe posted:

Disappointed to hear about How Did This Get Made's new schedule this morning. One episode a month is not nearly enough. Can't Paul and June get a nanny like every other Hollywood power couple?

Just get Jason to watch the baby.

He's gonna find that baby.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Irish Joe posted:

I hear Michael Caine is great with kids.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gyges posted:

I hear Michael Caine is great with kids.

He requires that he starts at their baptisms.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Just get Jason to watch the baby.

He's gonna find that baby.

The idea of "Uncle Mantzoukas" is terrifying.

Godfather Caine is worse, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

The idea of "Uncle Mantzoukas" is terrifying.

Godfather Caine is worse, though.

Let's be honest, we can be certain Uncle Mantzoukas won't gently caress that kid, and that's great, but he's still gonna do some hosed up poo poo, and that kid will be involved, so it's a wash all in all.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh no doubt Jason's going to be the worst influence ever.

"Jason, you're not allowed to interact with our child until he or she is 30."
"You know what...that's fair."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/10/5451014/street-fighter-the-movie-what-went-wrong

very in-depth article on the production.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Is this you?

quote:

Name:
Anonymous Anonymous

Message Body:
As someone who use to donate monthly to this podcast, and support it by signing up for the "advertisements" listed on the website I regret to say I will no longer be doing this. With the announcement that the shows will be cut back because they are having a child almost seems like a slap in the face of the fans. Is it hard to hire a baby sitter for an hour or two? As they are both actors they will already have to more then likely hire a nanny as I doubt they'll be bringing their child on set with them when they film their TV series, or do other engaging things as actors. This is the equivalent to someone having a child and telling their boss their going to cut their hours down by half, how much of an asset is that person to their job now? I LOVED this podcast, it was easily one of the best podcasts out there. But only having a single podcast(mini episodes don't count since its just ad's and reading non sense questions off of Facebook) is death to any podcast, and shows a lack
of interest of that podcast. It's one thing to have it be a hobby of yours, but if that was the case there wouldn't be advertising non stop, and merchandise for sale. I'm all for being compensated for talent and time, don't get me wrong on that. But either you're in, or you're out, and it seems like they have one foot in and one foot out. Great they might be starting a new podcast! But we don't want a new podcast, we like HDTGM, and the format offered. This just seems like some horrible idea of offering something that'll stop fans from jumping ship. It just doesn't seem worth it paying monthly for something that's being cut in half, and I doubt I'm the only one feeling this way. Thanks for the hours of entertainment, but in this day and age when there's thousands of quality podcasts, you need to give it %100 not %50.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
They're really flipping a coin on that baby's looks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

They're really flipping a coin on that baby's looks.

Paul is a rare man who prays that the baby looks as little like him as possible in the delivery room.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Paul is a rare man who prays that the baby looks as little like him as possible in the delivery room.

I think if anything is guaranteed it's that the baby will look like Paul for at least the first year or so

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Only on the internet is baby news met with selfish derision about e-work ethic and demands for even more free stuff.

I wish HDTGM wasn't going monthly too, but holy poo poo. They're having a drat baby, people not in this thread.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

On the plus side, that was apparently the only negative message he got over this.

Although I agree with the guy who said that the ranter should have ended it with "5 stars!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoombatINC posted:

I think if anything is guaranteed it's that the baby will look like Paul for at least the first year or so

You know

Yea.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm going to make a predication that one of the movies they do in the near future will be either Look Who's Talking or its sequel.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Or something from the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" trilogy.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

RagingBoner posted:

Kinda ho-hum WHM this week compared to the poo poo show last week. Gary Busey impersonations abound, which is always good for a chuckle.

That was my thought too. I mean, there's no other movie this could be, right?
I forget, do they call the aliens in the movie 'shitweasels' too or is it only the novel?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
About halfway through this week's WHM, and I'm gonna have to disagree with them so far. I looked up some clips of the aliens, and they're not goofy, they're goddamned terrifying.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

RagingBoner posted:

you empty em dream catchers

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big fan of Tom Sizemore - hooker puncher.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

An Angry Bug posted:

About halfway through this week's WHM, and I'm gonna have to disagree with them so far. I looked up some clips of the aliens, and they're not goofy, they're goddamned terrifying.

Yeah, just like the Thing! clickety-clack clickety-clack

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, just like the Thing! clickety-clack clickety-clack

Horror writer Joe Hill comes in and turns on Stand by Me.
Dad I like your old stuff.
So do I! clickety-clack clickety-clack

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The inanity of that movie is somehow understated by that podcast, as brutal as they were.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Also I have to see the Blues Brother cartoon with Jim Belushi.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

weekly font posted:

The inanity of that movie is somehow understated by that podcast, as brutal as they were.

They should've cut sporadically back-and-forth to low volume white noise to get the feel of the "memory warehose" scenes across

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

They were able to express what I find awful about a lot of King's books better than I've ever been able to. It really feels like he's making it up as he goes. Its amazing to me that he sometimes writes a good book.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They were able to express what I find awful about a lot of King's books better than I've ever been able to. It really feels like he's making it up as he goes. Its amazing to me that he sometimes writes a good book.

It all comes down to what's on TV at the time.

That was a nice episode, didn't make me feel nauseous at all.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Yeah this was definitely a good one, I liked when they tore apart the movie's lovely attitude towards disabled people.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

If this was just Jason as Bullseye and nothing else I would probably get it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh wow, I just hit the episode that introduced the housecat, and hes made up. For some reason I thought Dan owned a cat, and Stuart was just making a noise whenever the cat walked in

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh wow, I just hit the episode that introduced the housecat, and hes made up. For some reason I thought Dan owned a cat, and Stuart was just making a noise whenever the cat walked in
Dan does have a cat named Lulu, she just isn't the inspiration for that bit.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like knowing that Elliot will just start singing in meetings at the Daily Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Elliot seems exhausting to know in real life.