Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
So anyway...

This weekend's unscheduled downtime courtesy of a statewide conspiracy of ice-laden tree limbs and some utility lines standing in the cold, naked and afraid...

Skippy (December 17, 18 and 20, 1926)

Peanuts (March 10-14, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (July 30-31, 1924)

Pogo will return once I finish clearing the toxic waste from my refrigerator. The Sunday goodies will return on...well, Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Kennel posted:

Here:
http://nyt.fi/aihe/fokit/

The frog is lame, though.

What's up with the "No?" balloon? Is that how you say "Yes?" in Finnish? :psyduck:

also conspiracy frog is the best character

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Kennel posted:

The frog is lame, though.

You fool! That's just what they want you to think!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Suenteus Po posted:

What's up with the "No?" balloon? Is that how you say "Yes?" in Finnish? :psyduck:

also conspiracy frog is the best character

Finnish "No" could be translated "Huh", "Well", "So" etc. depending on the context.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

From a couple of pages ago, but drat. Why can't everyday Phantom be more like Sunday Phantom?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JohnnyCanuck posted:

From a couple of pages ago, but drat. Why can't everyday Phantom be more like Sunday Phantom?

I dunno, everyday Phantom just gave us an idiot who walked into rocks thinking he had night vision. It's pretty okay.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Well it's about time :unsmigghh:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (February 21st 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Yay! Much obliged :tipshat:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

This is utterly incomprehensible.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

With any luck, it's the business end of an incoming missile strike.

9 Chickweed Lane

You're in luck, Bill. Most of this strip's readers doze off by the time they reach the third panel.

I think most people who see this are wondering why they're sitting in a tub full of packing peanuts.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G
Tiggum's version got the point across quite well. :)

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Oh, PLEASE make it happen!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise - The Iron God

Willie's all recovered from his bout of chicken pox, so on with the show!

Uh oh.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

God this was loving awesome at the last panel! I mean, the panels read like, "ok fine, ok fine, ok fine, ok fine" and the last is just BAM! I laughed like an idiot! Thanks for posting Chief Dharma!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Nona confirmed for mindreader?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Shugojin posted:

I dunno, everyday Phantom just gave us an idiot who walked into rocks thinking he had night vision. It's pretty okay.
We already have Spider-Man.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech presents He-Man, Master of the Universe.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Irresponsibility Comics

Gil

Do they still have drive-in theaters? Ours closed soon after the release of Disney's Pocahontas.

Retail

There actually is a pretty huge customer service problem in employee backtalk and passive aggressive snark that is directly Marla's fault but sadly we'll never see anyone actually reprimanded or fired for that. Oh and Marla giving special treatment to friends that hide on the rooftop or take extra breaks instead of being on the floor with everyone else.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Why would you need a robot for that? Can't you just sync Bleeker to a Dropbox account?

Dustin

Hope that wasn't one of his substituting jobs because one time our entire class just waited outside the classroom for half an hour in high school because the teacher didn't show up on time.

On the Fastrack

That's pretty drat brazen and could get them both fired.

Safe Havens

Why don't all our friends share all their embarrassing personal news with us?

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 11, 2014

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

It's been a while, and I thought this thread was getting to be a little too much of a time sink, so I stayed away. I finally cave in and check the last page:

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Flattop Jr's Car! I can't get over it!:allears: Man, he's really mining the previous decades isn't he?

P.S. That's gotten me sucked back in. So thanks for that.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 11, 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Too much to ask for a murder / suicide at this point I guess. :sigh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pidmon posted:

Nona confirmed for mindreader?

Quite a while ago. She's done it several times. The funny thing is how Hilary keeps forgetting about it. :)

Heathcliff

The Pajama Diaries

OK, I guess Libenson does know what sexting is. That last strip still doesn't make sense though. The principal caught Lindsay and Jonah sexting in the boiler room. Were they both standing in the same room sending pictures to each other? Why?

Pluggers

Pluggers couldn't just eat out half as often and just relax and enjoy themselves, they've got to ruin everything with their ridiculous penny-pinching.

Reply All

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Tiggum posted:

Pluggers

Pluggers couldn't just eat out half as often and just relax and enjoy themselves, they've got to ruin everything with their ridiculous penny-pinching.
If Pluggers ate out less the restaurant industry would be hosed since younger demographics don't have money and cut back on eating out.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So glad someone remembered post-apocalypse Oh Brother.
Anyone got any of the old edits?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Tiggum posted:

The Pajama Diaries

OK, I guess Libenson does know what sexting is. That last strip still doesn't make sense though. The principal caught Lindsay and Jonah sexting in the boiler room. Were they both standing in the same room sending pictures to each other? Why?

It's like those Zits where Jeremy and his girlfriend are texting each other while they're sitting in the same chair or whatever. Except with nudity, I guess (well, barring Axemaniac edits, I suppose).

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Tiggum posted:

Heathcliff

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
A Safe Havens sketch comic based on Tiggum's "that's not how science works" comments.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midnight Moth posted:

If Pluggers ate out less the restaurant industry would be hosed since younger demographics don't have money and cut back on eating out.

Plus it could be portion control. Restaurants do make pretty large portions for meals. I notice they're not getting any actual vegetables though :v:.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Kennel posted:

Finnish "No" could be translated "Huh", "Well", "So" etc. depending on the context.

Yeah. Here it was basically "What is it?" so I figured "Yes?" is a good short one. Also it's pronounced /no/, not /noʊ/.

Fingerpori

The best Fingerpori in a while

Koff is a beer brand, so if you want localization just imagine he's wearing a Bud Light shirt or something.

Fok_It

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TyrsHTML posted:

Too much to ask for a murder / suicide at this point I guess. :sigh:

We just have to think positive!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac featuring the great taste of Dil.

The Creeps won't we?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Midnight Moth posted:

Irresponsibility Comics

Gil

Do they still have drive-in theaters? Ours closed soon after the release of Disney's Pocahontas.

Not only do they, there is one right by the MA-RI border. Gil's dad either lives in or drove all the way out to New Hampshire to get those fireworks yesterday, too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Creeps is quickly turning into my favorite strip.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

Lil' Bro posts in LF.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

ASM continues to own. As does Rip Kirby

Jesus Christ Bizarro, glass houses.

Endless Mike posted:

The Creeps is quickly turning into my favorite strip.

So when the doctor tests your reflexes do you just call him when it eventually works it way through or..?

Tom Gauld

This seems more general than just writing jokes.

Momma

There is no honour between siblings...

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Hoover Dam posted:

Not only do they, there is one right by the MA-RI border. Gil's dad either lives in or drove all the way out to New Hampshire to get those fireworks yesterday, too.

We still have a couple around here but they're mostly in the middle of big fields so I don't know if you'd be able to watch them as easily as Gil's dad there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Hmm. A recovering drug addict, who's done prison time, who's about to mentally snap? Why, yes! Haven't you ever heard of the term "going postal"? You'd be perfect! :v:

Jane's World

Oh geez.. yet another level of story recursion.

Non Sequitur

Probably just Fox news.

Dana's apparently back in the groove (for today, at least), so here are double Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban's Cats

We could use that catte. I'm Operations CIO for a trucking company, and this morning, I noticed a vehicle inspection report come through our system with a lighting defect. Defect: lights/wiring. Cause: Rats eating wiring. I asked our maintenance director about it, and he confirmed that, yes, there were three rats living in the substructure of the trailer. Origin: Unknown. One even tried to bite the roadcall mechanic. :)

9 Chickweed Lane 3/11/2003

Thank you for that commentary, Amos.

Zits

I don't know how you can be as well connected as you are, Jeremy, and not notice what's happening in the world. Even if it's via sidebar blurbs.

Kevin & Kell

God, what if it rains. The smell... the loving smell!

Nemi

Huh? And, "Y'Wot"? Um. Hmmm. What is that exactly? I see it's a contraction of something, but what?

• Locked thread