Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

TARDISman posted:

So I just got into this last month, reading it when I have time. I'm really loving it but it feels like the pacing's slowed down a little bit in the Rosine arc, is it just me?

I think it's fair to say the pacing slows down a tad over the course of the manga. Just a tad though, it's really not that noticeab... OH GOD why am I still reading this slow as gently caress series? Get out, get out while you still can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Whhhhattttttt arrreeee yyyyyoooouuuu taaaallllkkkinnngg abbboooouuuuttt? Beeerserrrkkkk isss aaaa veeerrrrrryyyyy faaaasssssttt ppaaaaaccceeeedddd seerrriiiesssss.

Anyway, Blame is great. I heard Knights of Sidonia is getting an anime adaption, but it's gonna be CG and looks a bit...eh.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Still no new chapters? They're still on the boat?

Alright, I guess I'll check again in 5 years.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Franz von Dada posted:

Still no new chapters? They're still on the boat?

Alright, I guess I'll check again in 5 years.

Gigantomakhia isn't quite over and Berserk isn't coming back til that finishes. And that's assuming Miura has some Berserk backlog drawn and isn't going to go back to his cave for another 6 months to make the next chapter.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

dis astranagant posted:

Gigantomakhia isn't quite over and Berserk isn't coming back til that finishes. And that's assuming Miura has some Berserk backlog drawn and isn't going to go back to his cave for another 6 months to make the next chapter.

Well, there are some factors that we can predict. When is the next Idolmaster game coming out?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Begemot posted:

Well, there are some factors that we can predict. When is the next Idolmaster game coming out?

If Idolmaster becomes too great of a problem, I predict a disgruntled Japanese chef who is secretly a fan of Miura sabotaging whoever is behind Idolmaster by giving everyone food poisoning. With pufferfish.

And shortly after, Berserk resumes with a fast paced one-chapter-per-month publishing rate.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
The guy who writes Berserk is still alive? I thought the series ended because he died or something.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

The guy who writes Berserk is still alive? I thought the series ended because he died or something.

Maybe you're thinking about the one which helped inspire Berserk, it had a guy with a leopard's head. That ended because the author died a few years ago.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 3, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Nah, that was George RR Martin.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-10/berserk-manga-slated-to-resume-on-april-11

it's been a long 1.3 years

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Griffith's armpits better look loving amazing.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
Maybe we will finally see elf island?

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Chaos341 posted:

Maybe we will finally see elf island?

Every time someone says this Miura delays the arrival by another year.

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
I honestly won't believe it till I'm reading it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress, now I can't even remember where I stopped reading Berserk. They were about to get on a ship, maybe?

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress, now I can't even remember where I stopped reading Berserk. They were about to get on a ship, maybe?

About 2007 I think? (they get on the boat in chapter 278)

Yes, they've been on the boat for 7 years.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Franz von Dada posted:

Griffith's armpits better look loving amazing.

Flowing, radiant wisps of hair.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yup. Last time I read berserk front to back was my freshman year of college, and they were jusssst getting on the boat.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

BlackCircle posted:

Every time someone says this Miura delays the arrival by another year.

You say that, but the next Idolmaster game comes out on May 15th. We'll be lucky if we get 2 chapters before the next hiatus.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Damegane posted:

You say that, but the next Idolmaster game comes out on May 15th. We'll be lucky if we get 2 chapters before the next hiatus.

It's depressing how your comment is not a joke. Actually, it's not depressing to me because for a very long time now I stopped assuming Berserk chapters will ever come out, so every release for the past decade or so has been a pleasant surprise.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

pnumoman posted:

It's depressing how your comment is not a joke. Actually, it's not depressing to me because for a very long time now I stopped assuming Berserk chapters will ever come out, so every release for the past decade or so has been a pleasant surprise.

Which company makes those idol-games? Maybe we could pay someone for a major takedown industrial sabotage-style?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Miura's only 48. He has enough life left to finish Berserk, right? Right? :ohdear:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I think the last estimate he gave came out to something like another 10-15 years before it finishes, assuming he keeps up some semblance of a pace.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm actually curious about how he'll resolve the series' central conflict. While it would be satisfying on some level to have Guts "berserk" his way into a victory in combat, it doesn't seem like it would make much sense. From a narrative perspective, it seems like it would be ideal for it to somehow "recreate" his first duel with Griffith, where he takes the higher ground.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

I think the last estimate he gave came out to something like another 10-15 years before it finishes, assuming he keeps up some semblance of a pace.

So another 30-45 chapters?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Ytlaya posted:

I'm actually curious about how he'll resolve the series' central conflict. While it would be satisfying on some level to have Guts "berserk" his way into a victory in combat, it doesn't seem like it would make much sense. From a narrative perspective, it seems like it would be ideal for it to somehow "recreate" his first duel with Griffith, where he takes the higher ground.
Guts runs out of fucks, sacrifices his friends to the God Hand to gain the power to kill Griffith. It's the only ending metal enough for Berserk.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Soulcleaver posted:

Guts runs out of fucks, sacrifices his friends to the God Hand to gain the power to kill Griffith. It's the only ending metal enough for Berserk.

Not quite metal enough. The Godhand laughs and says he'll have to throw himself in too for the deal. He doesn't bat an eye.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

pnumoman posted:

The Idolmaster thing was a joke Miura made actually but people are obsessed over it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Zorak posted:

The Idolmaster thing was a joke Miura made actually but people are obsessed over it.

How dare you introduce reality into the mix. Concocting absurd theories about delays is half the fun of following Berserk.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Soulcleaver posted:

I actually anticipate an ending that involves letting go of his revenge to one degree or another.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I actually anticipate an ending that involves letting go of his revenge to one degree or another.

It would be the closest thing to a 'happy' ending Berserk could have. I feel like to actually get revenge on Griffith he would need to just give in to the whole Berserker spirit in the armor and he would just end up like the Skull Knight. So even if he got his revenge on Griffith would he even know it? Is Guts actually aware of what hes doing when the armor takes over like that? I don't know if that ever gets addressed.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'd be fine with this as long as it was done as well as in Vinland Saga.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Kvantum posted:

Not quite metal enough. The Godhand laughs and says he'll have to throw himself in too for the deal. He doesn't bat an eye.

Guts sacrifices himself and gets turned into some cursed sword. Happiest moment of his life.

Alternatively.. the Godhand laugh and say he'll have to sacrifice his sword too. Deal is off, price was too high.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I really don't want to accept this kind of ending.
I hope that Guts will be able to prevail against the Godhand without having to sacrifice his humanity, but who knows.. maybe he will sacrifice Casca.

I'm so glad there will be a new chapter soon.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The_Frag_Man posted:

I hope that Guts will be able to prevail against the Godhand without having to sacrifice his humanity, but who knows.. maybe he will sacrifice Casca.

I'm having difficulty expressing just how much that would suck. Casca's been stripped of all character and agency for most of a decade, Guts treating her as a pawn against Griffith after Griffith treated her as a pawn against Guts would be awful.

There are lots of ways you could get closure for the story without Guts killing Griffith in a literal blood-soaked fury. It could be as simple as killing him for a reason other than revenge -- or have somebody else in the main cast kill him.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm having difficulty expressing just how much that would suck. Casca's been stripped of all character and agency for most of a decade, Guts treating her as a pawn against Griffith after Griffith treated her as a pawn against Guts would be awful.

That was my point :unsmigghh:

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Griffith is so overpowered right now, that I don't know how it could even be possible to defeat him anymore.

Guts is strong and all, but Griffith is as close to being a God as one can be, and he has a whole army of Apostles and normal people backing him up. Guts swinging his sword until everything stops moving sounds pretty cheap after all that build-up.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Soulcleaver posted:

I'd be fine with this as long as it was done as well as in Vinland Saga.
Wait, Vinland Saga ended?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I wouldn't mind Guts somehow losing his lust for revenge as an ending, so long as it was done well. Would probably be the most satisfying ending that keeps the grimdark despair of the world intact.

Then again, what if Griffith pulls a double bluff and teams up with Guts to kill the rest of the God Hands, and Guts and Griffith and a (cured) Casca live happily ever after in a polyamorous relationship. (Totally plausible, I swear.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Woebin posted:

Wait, Vinland Saga ended?
No, I'm pretty sure Soulcleaver is refering to the main character's story arc.