Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Since when did they tweak the loving Hero AI? Their modus operandi has always been "if I have AP, use ability"

Just now had a team with an Ares and Modern Storm purposefully hold off for two turns on using any green AP, then popped a Thor's Call The Storm to nearly wipe me out. That never used to happen. I should've been hit with an Onslaught or w/e the green ability is that Ares has. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

death .cab for qt posted:

Since when did they tweak the loving Hero AI? Their modus operandi has always been "if I have AP, use ability"

Just now had a team with an Ares and Modern Storm purposefully hold off for two turns on using any green AP, then popped a Thor's Call The Storm to nearly wipe me out. That never used to happen. I should've been hit with an Onslaught or w/e the green ability is that Ares has. What gives?

No, it's been "save to use the most expensive ability of that color" mostly.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just noticed that when a crit tile gets matched with environment tiles, the AP generated seems to be multiplied. Has it always been that way?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just noticed that when a crit tile gets matched with environment tiles, the AP generated seems to be multiplied. Has it always been that way?

Yup.

It used to be even more broken though. Any boosted hero for events would also apply that boost to environment tiles. I miss Hawkeye getting a bajillion environment points for me in one shot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's a few cases where you won't get crit AP from environment tiles though - mostly during a cascade or when a crit tile activates on multiple sides and the environment tiles aren't the first one selected to activate. It's annoying when that happens because instead of 35-50 AP you get 6 :thumbsup:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just fought against IM35/Thor. They matched four yellow at 7, then had 11 AP.

IM35 used Armored Assault.

What the gently caress is with the AI? Does it value special time creation over other abilities? If so, why does it value expensie damage over cheaper damage? It had 11 goddamn AP when I was against Thor/Ares and it still waited until it had 14 for CTS, but Ares would have done equal damage with his green ability--just not to everyone.

Even worse, there was a time earlier today when Venom was the only person packin purple, and never used Symbiote Snare off the bat. It can't use it twice in the same turn, but it wouldn't use it until it had well over 8 AP.

Is there a difference in AI between certain levels, and I'm just bouncing between both? :psyduck:

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Maybe it's a balance necessity? Apparently the AI knows what tiles will fall in after a match.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wow a Hood tourney. Look at those rewards! :effort:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Literally only a yellow storm cover for the lower tier rewards. Not even a yellow, blue, and green cover for top-place Storm. Just a single yellow cover.

250 ISO + 1500 ISO + gently caress you for placing below 50th

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

At 300 points, you earn a Completely Corrupt token, which will probably net you either a Bullseye or a Moonstone, might get you a Thor, but almost certainly won't get you a OBW or Hood.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What's the benefit to being in an alliance exactly?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Mister Macys posted:

What's the benefit to being in an alliance exactly?

Nothing yet.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I joined Goonsquad because I searched for Goon and found it. There's only 2 of us in it. Not sure if I'm not supposed to be in it, like a dude was making one for goon friends

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Just fought against IM35/Thor. They matched four yellow at 7, then had 11 AP.

IM35 used Armored Assault.

What the gently caress is with the AI? Does it value special time creation over other abilities? If so, why does it value expensie damage over cheaper damage? It had 11 goddamn AP when I was against Thor/Ares and it still waited until it had 14 for CTS, but Ares would have done equal damage with his green ability--just not to everyone.

Even worse, there was a time earlier today when Venom was the only person packin purple, and never used Symbiote Snare off the bat. It can't use it twice in the same turn, but it wouldn't use it until it had well over 8 AP.

Is there a difference in AI between certain levels, and I'm just bouncing between both? :psyduck:

There is no actual AI in the game. It will try to match 4 and then try to match 3. That's it. As for the skills, it seems like every few turns it will decide on which skills to use so -for instance- if it is controlling both the punisher and moonstone it will decide which black ability will it use next. If it chooses moonstone then it will begin building enough black and ignore the punisher until in gets enough black or a certain number of turns have passed and is time to refresh the list of abilities to use (and then it could select moonstone again).

The AI is so simple that it seems random. It is particularly obvious with a high level Juggs because, quite frankly, his red ability is one of the best in the game when he's lvl230 and a complete no-brainer yet the AI will manage to instead cast some crap red skill plenty of times.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I joined Goonsquad because I searched for Goon and found it. There's only 2 of us in it. Not sure if I'm not supposed to be in it, like a dude was making one for goon friends

Joined it as PainTrainWT so we can be awkward together :downs:

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Isn't an easy team like candy for the PvP events? Why has nobody killed my Bagman 6/Venom 1/Hood team yet? :MMR:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinite Karma posted:

Isn't an easy team like candy for the PvP events? Why has nobody killed my Bagman 6/Venom 1/Hood team yet? :MMR:

Nobody is going to attack you unless you have enough points to steal. If you have like 50 points or less you're pretty much not a target.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Infinite Karma posted:

How many points do you have? You may have stopped too soon.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I started with 25 points and I've gotten attacked at least 10 times with M.Hawkeye 6/ Ares 6. :iiam:

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Largepotato posted:

How many points do you have? You may have stopped too soon.

I didn't consider that. I just saw a lovely team I could beat with level 1 losers and jumped on it. Hopefully some people take the bait anyway. I just want the Storm cover, so I don't need to rank highly.

Edit: I had 39 points last I checked.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

trucutru posted:

The AI is so simple that it seems random. It is particularly obvious with a high level Juggs because, quite frankly, his red ability is one of the best in the game when he's lvl230 and a complete no-brainer yet the AI will manage to instead cast some crap red skill plenty of times.

One of my favorites is Daken repeatedly ignoring green matches in favor of yellow or red. Especially if there's already a couple of strike tiles down he can get rid of for me in one match. :downs:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Arschlochkind posted:

One of my favorites is Daken repeatedly ignoring green matches in favor of yellow or red. Especially if there's already a couple of strike tiles down he can get rid of for me in one match. :downs:

Speaking of which, is the Daken/Hulk combo as fun as it seems on paper, or will Hulk be beefy enough that normal hits won't trigger his Anger passive?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Fat Samurai posted:

Speaking of which, is the Daken/Hulk combo as fun as it seems on paper, or will Hulk be beefy enough that normal hits won't trigger his Anger passive?

It depends on the level of the Hulk, I have a harder time fighting lower level Hulks because it's easier to trigger the passive. Still tough when combo'd with Daken, since you want to deny Hulk green matches which usually means you're triggering Daken's passive a lot yourself.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm so sick of fighting The Hulk and the Juggernaut in the Oasis.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm so sick of fighting The Hulk and the Juggernaut in the Oasis.

Me too. On the plus (?) side, I just found out that when Juggernaut kills your last team member and himself at the same time, you still win.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamn my position keeps rubberbanding between under 1000 to 3000+ for the Hulk over the past few days.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SynthOrange posted:

Goddamn my position keeps rubberbanding between under 1000 to 3000+ for the Hulk over the past few days.

Well, now that everybody is in the same bracket, at least we are getting more points thanks to the crazy dudes with 180k points.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They'd have to be crazy people, how else are they playing that much?

ElNato
Dec 11, 2005

The wind blows for Manos del Sino! Thanks for the avatar mang!

SynthOrange posted:

Well I have over 100k points, playing casually. It did help getting a Black Panther cover off my first token for this event. However the heroic tokens I am earning are useless.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finally got my last Doom cover with one of the 4 heroics I got. The other 3 were Thor, Hawkeye and Cap. :v:

Also I noticed something about Black Panther's cover. Take a careful look at it, or his title when he's on a team.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 11, 2014

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I finally got my last Doom cover with one of the 4 heroics I got. The other 3 were Thor, Hawkeye and Cap. :v:

Also I noticed something about Black Panther's cover. Take a careful look at it, or his title when he's on a team.

What, the "Man Without Fear"? That was a thing for a while a few years ago when he filled in for Daredevil protecting Hell's Kitchen; Daredevil's ongoing was renamed "Black Panther: The Man Without Fear" while he was doing it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, well that explains that. Doesnt look good if you introduce him right after Daredevil, so people assume they're just copy pasting badly :v:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahah, well that explains that. Doesnt look good if you introduce him right after Daredevil, so people assume they're just copy pasting badly :v:

Well I'll admit that when I saw "Man Without Fear" on his title it took me a good minute of puzzling to remember that. Then the costume clicked and I remembered the Daredevil thing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Arschlochkind posted:

What, the "Man Without Fear"? That was a thing for a while a few years ago when he filled in for Daredevil protecting Hell's Kitchen; Daredevil's ongoing was renamed "Black Panther: The Man Without Fear" while he was doing it.

Well, it seems like Hawkeye isn't the only male super hero with a super-tush.

SynthOrange posted:

I just log in once in a while and do any mission that is worth more than 800 points and now I am up to 100k points, all thanks to the crazy rubberbanding.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 11, 2014

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
A new patch preview was posted. Mostly alliance updates.

quote:

This Patch is relatively small this time around, focusing on deepening Alliance functionality. As always, some other changes may sneak in before it launches.

Alliances
- S.H.I.E.L.D. has opened new available options for the Commander of any Alliance.
- Commanders may now increase the number of players in the Alliance via Hero Points
- Commanders may make Alliances Public or Private
- If it is private, Commanders may accept or deny applicants
- Depending on the Event, Alliance leaderboards will be available for S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents to peruse. These leaderboards will enable Alliance members to view their or other members' progress in a given event in a much more straightforward manner. These leaderboards and associated points may also be used for rankings that compare Alliances to other Alliances on certain Events or Tournaments.
UI
- As Iso-8 research continues, the ability to measure how much more powerful certain strains of Iso-8 make subjects has become more granular. As a result, Agents are now able to view the effective level of any Iso-8 powered up characters in an Event where they are more powerful. This does not result in a change in balance for those characters, it is simply a more straightforward way of viewing their assets' available skills.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. code hackers have fixed an issue where Agents downloading an update would sometimes have download percentages fluctuate randomly

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Do they always post updates in character? :iamafag:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Friendly Fire posted:

Commanders may now increase the number of players in the Alliance via Hero Points.

So, any rich goon wants to build the biggest alliance ever? Probably this should read "the members of the alliance".

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I doubt they want to do that, as it opens them up to people buying slots for their alliance, and then getting kicked from the alliance.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Ahahahahah it costs 600 coins to upgrade the alliance from 5 to 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The buy coins button has been upgraded to flash even more.