Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Wonder who is going to take a chance on Chris Johnson when the Titans eventually cut him. Also interested to see what McCluster can do, we desperately needed a KR and more offensive playmakers is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Probably more likely that Veldheer and Houston didn't want to come back

Both made public statements about wanting to be back. Rumors of Saffold signing for $8 came out the first day of the tampering period. They were looking to replace Veldheer, and they got an injury prone not as good player for more cash to do it. That simple. Unless they got Saffold to play guard, in which case, he'd be the second highest paid guard in the nfl. Who knows why they let Houston go, but I'm betting it has something to do with incompetence.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Munkaboo posted:

who loving does that? who posts to twitter about their son's negotiations?

Looks like she was answering a question not pontificating.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MourningView posted:

And I'm saying I don't care because he's one of the like 10 best players in the history of the stupid franchise and cutting him loving sucks and makes me mad. There were good reasons to let Emmitt go too, that didn't make it any less loving awful.

I'm sure they will replace him ably though, what with their mountains of cap space and keen drafting accumen.

See I made my peace with this last season when I saw how he was playing and I looked at our cap situation this season. There was just no way to make it work realistically without killing the ability to re-sign Tyron Smith and Dez Bryant.

Also I don't believe that the Cowboys draft poorly, and the team is pretty drat good at finding good players late in the draft or as UDFAs. Our cap situation blows though so it's all we've got.

E: Also even if he goes to the Eagles there's nothing he showed last season that should lead you to believe that Tyron Smith can't handle him 1-on-1

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
From Veldheers mother.

@raiders343 A fair offer from the Raiders never happened. Nothing near the Saffold deal. We will always ❤️ Raider Nation.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Hold the gently caress up

quote:

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 15m
Rodger Saffold to play OG for #Raiders per @SoftliSTL.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If true.

lol raiders

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Oakland is so loving dumb.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mary Veldheer went on to say that Reggie McKenzie is “cleaning house” … also heard from that camp that McKenzie doesn’t want “Al Davis guys”

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Oakland is so loving dumb.

my only consolation

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

Wow all that money for a Guard?

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Can't wait to sign an aging vet with something to prove to the vet min.

loving love free agency.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Raiders making the dumbest moves during free agency or the draft? Are they contacting Al through a Ouija board?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

It has to be bullshit you don't spend 42 million on a guard who can't play 16 games.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Volkerball posted:

Mary Veldheer went on to say that Reggie McKenzie is “cleaning house” … also heard from that camp that McKenzie doesn’t want “Al Davis guys”

Veldheer never struck me as an Al Davis-type guy. :confused:

Does McKenzie just want to make sure all his players were drafted/chosen by him and him only?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

BlindSite posted:

Looks like she was answering a question not pontificating.

Eh, still though. I'd be so mad if that were my mom.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

So the plan is to have Watson at LT?!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Signing Art Jones almost makes up for signing D'Qwell Jackson. Maybe now they can cut RJF for some additional cap space.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 35s
Falcons agree to terms with DT Paul Soliai and G Jon Asamoah, per source.

drat I was hoping the Texans would take a shot at Soliai

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nawid posted:

It has to be a joke. No team is that dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Soliai will be a Falcon according to Schefter

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Brannock posted:

Veldheer never struck me as an Al Davis-type guy. :confused:

Does McKenzie just want to make sure all his players were drafted/chosen by him and him only?

Isn't this most GM's and coaches really? Maybe not to this dumb of a degree but

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

How is McKenzie making worse decisions than a near-death Al Davis did

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Paul Soliai and Asamoah are both Falcons. ughh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Elephanthead posted:

Raiders making the dumbest moves during free agency or the draft? Are they contacting Al through a Ouija board?

Maybe, just maybe...

Al wasn't the problem

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nawid posted:

Ok, well what's the plan for week 2-17?

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Munkaboo posted:

Eh, still though. I'd be so mad if that were my mom.

Eugene Monroe's parents aren't on Twitter yet?

Raiders are going to draft an LT with the #5 I would guess because that roster was already barren on talent on the offensive line.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Paul Soliai and Asamoah are both Falcons. ughh

:getin:

It's nice to see our terrible lines actually being addressed.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Let's pay more for a worse player"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Raider have a fast QB so maybe the plan is to just have a busted play every down?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Elephanthead posted:

The Raider have a fast QB so maybe the plan is to just have a busted play every down?

Matt Mcgloin is fast?

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I didn' t give a poo poo about Houston.But veldheer for saffold , a injury prone player paid like a tackle but playing guard ?

Goddam I got really mad.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Tyson Jackson is also apparently a Falcon. Chiefs have done literally nothing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I though they had the kid from Ohio State? Edit Terrelle Pryor

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jerry: There is a chance Ware can come back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/jerry-jones-demarcus-ware-and-i-will-keep-talking-he-may-come-back/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets in the process of creating an OL problem for themselves. EXACTLY what they needed.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

MourningView posted:

Pretty cool that one of the best players in the history of the franchise isn't going to be a Cowboy anymore because they can't spend reasonably.

This thread is loving exploding! I made the mistake of reading the comments on nfl.com but one person suggested that he go to Seattle to replace Clemons. Possible?

Also, gently caress the Raiders FO.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
LOL @ Pioli. Must be nice to be one of his chosen players though!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If Saffold is playing LG, it's one of the biggest upgrades ever. But that LT spot jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Tyson Jackson is also apparently a Falcon. Chiefs have done literally nothing.

Just saw that, jesus Atlanta is going to have depth for days now which is something they sorely lacked last season.

• Locked thread