Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Chairman can just call dibs on the gundam though, since he well, owns PPSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Monaghan posted:

I am making a pretty much baseless claim, but I'm convinced that it'll turn out the Chairman was the second mejin.

I reckon we will learn he was feigning ignorance of Gundam at the very least.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That fight was even more underwhelming than I thought it would be after the "let's introduce a completely unmentioned character and pump him up by having Mao job to him".

Kinda weird to have a filler episode this close to the ending? Unless... that new Gundam show announcement relating to Gunpla I heard about... :iiam:

And gently caress, for awhile there I was hoping Ral would take up the mantle for his bro, but nope. Stop toying with my dreams Sunrise :argh:

(Must mean they are saving Sudden Ral for later!)

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

That fight was even more underwhelming than I thought it would be after the "let's introduce a completely unmentioned character and pump him up by having Mao job to him".

Kinda weird to have a filler episode this close to the ending? Unless... that new Gundam show announcement relating to Gunpla I heard about... :iiam:

And gently caress, for awhile there I was hoping Ral would take up the mantle for his bro, but nope. Stop toying with my dreams Sunrise :argh:

(Must mean they are saving Sudden Ral for later!)

I thought they were going to take advantage of Mao by having him tune-up Julian's 3-year old model. That would have been kind of cool but no, instead Mao is the show's punching bag. :smith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GimmickMan posted:

I thought they were going to take advantage of Mao by having him tune-up Julian's 3-year old model. That would have been kind of cool but no, instead Mao is the show's punching bag. :smith:

Worst nerd gets shoved in the locker the most. It's only natural :colbert:.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

GimmickMan posted:

That's what he's best used for! They left dropped the ball and didn't show us what Sei's dad was up to. I'm also hoping the next episode we get a ladies night with Rinko, China, and Aila being goofy asses. The funny duo expressions we already get and now Aila in the mix.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I always laugh whenever they do that setup with a new Gunpla/fighter only to cut away from the (presumably awesome) battle, only to have some character walk in on the broken Gunpla and devastated opponent moments later.

"I'M A REAL BAD MOTHER FUCKER AND THIS TIME ITS FO REALS YO"

Can you guess his special ability this time??

Turns out he just shot him in the face :ms:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man, I don't even care if the animation was lazy. Exia is my favourite Gundam probably of ever, and it's AMAZING to boot! Setsuna would've been cooler if he said TURN BRIGHT RED, EXIA! every time. :colbert:

Fyana
Sep 12, 2009

Catgirl IRL
I almost never post on SA (oops) but I figured this was worth posting, just so it's all on one spot. Just a list of the character cameos shown in the next episode preview. I was personally super happy to see Christina and Litchi there. ;_;

IMAGE #1 (left to right):
  • Hathaway & Quess (Char's Counterattack)
  • Litchi & Christina (Gundam 00)

IMAGE #2 (left to right):
  • Miharu & Kai (Mobile Suit Gundam)
  • Ronah Family (Gundam F91)
  • Odelo & Warren (Victory Gundam)
  • BONUS: I'm pretty sure that's Bright Noa in the top left corner.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So given his statef philosophy, I guess Yuuki's earlier comments like "A Meijin's goal is always victory" were meant in a sarcastic way, just delivered in his Meijn role play deadpan.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So given his statef philosophy, I guess Yuuki's earlier comments like "A Meijin's goal is always victory" were meant in a sarcastic way, just delivered in his Meijn role play deadpan.

I actually think he was being totally serious, it's just that his definition of what constitutes a victory diverges pretty sharply from what it sounds like Meijin II's was.

Meijin II is depicted as a sort of win-at-all-costs scumbag, so he'd probably be all on board with stuff like the Gunpla Mafia sabotage and getting every advantage he could possibly get. Yuuki puts a premium on gunpla battles being totally awesome for everyone involved so he always wants to fight totally fairly with his opponents in top form. That's why he told Allan not to bother giving him advance information that other fighters don't get and why he got extremely mad at the chairman for the Mega Zaku incident(because it might have sabotaged Sei/Reiji's gunpla).

Basically I think for Meijin II absolute victory consisted of winning the tournament no matter the costs and don't sweat the details, while for Meijin III absolute victory consists of overcoming the strongest opponents in the toughest battles along the way.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Pimpmust posted:

I always laugh whenever they do that setup with a new Gunpla/fighter only to cut away from the (presumably awesome) battle, only to have some character walk in on the broken Gunpla and devastated opponent moments later.

"I'M A REAL BAD MOTHER FUCKER AND THIS TIME ITS FO REALS YO"

Can you guess his special ability this time??

Turns out he just shot him in the face :ms:

the F91's special thing was supposed to be the weird PAINT FALLS OFF TO MAKE AFTERIMAGES WITH DENSITY that wasn't really used at all in the real fight? I feel like they kinda ran out of time and that fight was supposed to be a lot longer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That was just an in-joke. It's a gunpla version of the actual explanation for how the F91 pulls the poo poo it does.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, and isn't that great. Kai looks so happy :unsmith: A bit peeved that he's got a Jim and not a motherfucking Guncannon.
Might be a nod to The Origin. Kai switches over to a GM around the time they reach Jaburo, IIRC.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AradoBalanga posted:

Might be a nod to The Origin. Kai switches over to a GM around the time they reach Jaburo, IIRC.

Interesting. In the Gundam movies, they obtained a second Guncannon at around that time.

GBF 22: This episode was kind of weak, and the animation wasn't that hot, either. I'm presuming that they're saving up all their budget for the upcoming episodes; they have enough time left to be able to finish the tournament and still do something cool afterward. The K9 fight was really impressive and I can't wait to see something of that level of quality again.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

Interesting. In the Gundam movies, they obtained a second Guncannon at around that time.

GBF 22: This episode was kind of weak, and the animation wasn't that hot, either. I'm presuming that they're saving up all their budget for the upcoming episodes; they have enough time left to be able to finish the tournament and still do something cool afterward. The K9 fight was really impressive and I can't wait to see something of that level of quality again.

Well in The Origin the Guncannon is pretty obsolete by that point. The Federation had been losing while fielding guncannons and guntanks, so a GM would logically be an improvement considering how it turns the war around.

I have to echo that I honestly found the early episode stuff with Aila as more entertaining than the actual Meijin fight, and I fricking love the Exia. My guess is that they're just trying to coast for the awesome finale. That said I'm super hyped for next week. Begining Gundam Vs the MKII, it'll be interesting to see Sei get to pilot for once even if he's probably going to get rolled over.

I still have this sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen to Reiji to prevent him from fighting, but considering there is only one major battle left it might not be possible.

Caros fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 11, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Caros posted:

I still have this sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen to Reiji to prevent him from fighting, but considering there is only one major battle left it might not be possible.

Nah, next episode is going to be the classical Shonen Duo "we must fight each other to hone our teamwork to MAXIMUM POTENTIAL!" buildup. My guess is Reiji and Sei fight (doesn't matter who wins, though it'll probably be Reiji while Sei proves he's managed to learn some control), and the resulting ending gives them both an idea for the Final Build Strike or something.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Haman posted:

I almost never post on SA (oops) but I figured this was worth posting, just so it's all on one spot. Just a list of the character cameos shown in the next episode preview. I was personally super happy to see Christina and Litchi there. ;_;

IMAGE #1 (left to right):
  • Hathaway & Quess (Char's Counterattack)
  • Litchi & Christina (Gundam 00)

IMAGE #2 (left to right):
  • Miharu & Kai (Mobile Suit Gundam)
  • Ronah Family (Gundam F91)
  • Odelo & Warren (Victory Gundam)
  • BONUS: I'm pretty sure that's Bright Noa in the top left corner.

Thanks, this is great. I'm terrible at noticing stuff like that. Is there a site or gallery somewhere with all the cameos from all the episodes?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I mark the Zaku Amazing/Build Strike Full Package fight as the point where the show got really good, but after that I just do not care about Yuuki as all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So a fun thing someone pointed out to me:

The pilots in this episode are John and Julian. Their mecha is the Imagine.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Another fun episode with lazy fight animation. Although, an attck called Black Jet Stream that "creates" 3 bodies is the best. :allears:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Fun episode. Man do I love me some Exia :allears:

Fyana
Sep 12, 2009

Catgirl IRL

hallo spacedog posted:

Thanks, this is great. I'm terrible at noticing stuff like that. Is there a site or gallery somewhere with all the cameos from all the episodes?

Not that I know of, but I think I've spotted all of 'em thus far, so I could definitely do a cameo "master post" or something in this thread. Just gimme a day or so, I'm a lazy poo poo.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Haman posted:

Not that I know of, but I think I've spotted all of 'em thus far, so I could definitely do a cameo "master post" or something in this thread. Just gimme a day or so, I'm a lazy poo poo.

Awesome, that would be great. Take your time.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

There's been a billion cameos and I'm sure I've only caught like half of them so far. A master cameo list would be neat, so we know what are people up to in Gundam Valhalla.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I only happened to get Kamille in the background of that one bar because I paused to get a drink. Normally I'm so bad at noticing stuff.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's Garma actually. The woman right next to him looks like Icelina, and the one with her back to the camera has Kycilia's hairstyle. Guy in the middle could be Dozle, or maybe that one Zabi brother everybody ignores.

Also rewatching the episode, while it unfortunately didn't have enough budget to be the awesome high speed battle Exia vs F91 could have been, the endless "now I am behind you!"s were pretty funny.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 11, 2014

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
My favourite cameo so far has been Fran Doll from Turn A in Sei's mum's fame fantasy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00HS9YU70/

Samples for all the tracks in the OST. Yes, all.

I need this in my veins.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00HS9YU70/

Samples for all the tracks in the OST. Yes, all.

I need this in my veins.

Is this going to be import only or will there be any likely suspects that will carry this stateside (gg infinite, hlj, etc)? I hate trying to finagle shipping from glorious nippon.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Giant Enemy Cliche posted:

My favourite cameo so far has been Fran Doll from Turn A in Sei's mum's fame fantasy.

Yeah, I kinda geeked out when that happened.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

Is this going to be import only or will there be any likely suspects that will carry this stateside (gg infinite, hlj, etc)? I hate trying to finagle shipping from glorious nippon.

Import only, but

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh neat, it's available on Amazon.jp. CDs are one of the few things they'll ship overseas, so if you want this OST they're your best bet.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

That's Garma actually. The woman right next to him looks like Icelina, and the one with her back to the camera has Kycilia's hairstyle. Guy in the middle could be Dozle, or maybe that one Zabi brother everybody ignores.

Also rewatching the episode, while it unfortunately didn't have enough budget to be the awesome high speed battle Exia vs F91 could have been, the endless "now I am behind you!"s were pretty funny.

you mean sasro? I don't think there's like a single depiction of him anywhere and his only notable feature is being dead

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

BlitzBlast posted:

The standing guy.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Oh yeah I got to add that due to the title and how things went at the beginning of the episode, I thought Ral would be the second meijin and fight Yuuki and I was bummed out it was just some new dude.

Imagine Ral with an ineffective mask/visor thing

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Lessail posted:

Oh yeah I got to add that due to the title and how things went at the beginning of the episode, I thought Ral would be the second meijin and fight Yuuki and I was bummed out it was just some new dude.

Imagine Ral with an ineffective mask/visor thing

While this would have been awesome, the description of the second Meijin as a huge rear end in a top hat who no one liked and cared only about winning at all costs is utterly at odds with Ral in every respect.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

While this would have been awesome, the description of the second Meijin as a huge rear end in a top hat who no one liked and cared only about winning at all costs is utterly at odds with Ral in every respect.

What if Ral was the first Meijin then? Would explain his love for Gunpla and the game.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Revolver Bunker posted:

What if Ral was the first Meijin then? Would explain his love for Gunpla and the game.

the first meijin is literally a real dude who is alive right now

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

muike posted:

This and also Ral is only 35, he's not an old man. That would be a little fast for two generation changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."

muike posted:

You weren't joking. Wow.

• Locked thread