Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Next season will be the main Terminus content. This season ends with Rick tearfully reuniting with Judith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

WastedJoker posted:

how many eps are left?

I can't figure out how the season will pan out - either they get to Terminus and there's a massive climax or some sort which probably means getting uprooted again or the season peters out and next season is all about Terminus?

3. They will all reunite at Terminus, fade to black, see you in the fall.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Sir Kodiak posted:

Something like half the episode was devoted to the process of Daryl starting to let his guard down between when he set up the tin can warning system and when he didn't look before opening the door.

I get that but i feel that letting your guard down emotionally and getting closer to someone should make you more careful and protective of her (as he actually was immediately after he opened the door).

It's the detachment from the world and loneliness that would make someone careless and despondent, though I guess Bob was in that situation and was plenty careful despite slowly giving up on life.

But on the other hand maybe hanging out with Beth made him forget that the zombie apocalypse had happened and that death can appear anywhere.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

messagemode1 posted:

I get that but i feel that letting your guard down emotionally and getting closer to someone should make you more careful and protective of her (as he actually was immediately after he opened the door).

It's the detachment from the world and loneliness that would make someone careless and despondent, though I guess Bob was in that situation and was plenty careful despite slowly giving up on life.

But on the other hand maybe hanging out with Beth made him forget that the zombie apocalypse had happened and that death can appear anywhere.

They were in a fairly normal building, drinking coke and eating peanut butter and snacks. It isn't completely unreasonable that for a brief moment he forgot what kind of world they're living in.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

messagemode1 posted:

It wasn't just emotionally letting his guard down. Thinking about setting up shop there, making it a home, makes it feel more safe. Deciding that they can probably work something out with whoever lives there, made him less worried about being attacked there, making it feel more safe. This set the stage for a momentary screw-up. It's not like he decided it was safe to open the door without looking after careful consideration, he made a bad assumption in a split second. Yes, zombies still existed and yes, in theory, one should be completely on one's guard 24/7, but that's not how human beings work. If you're looking for characters don't get worn down and never lose focus, that's the zombies.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Andrew Verse posted:

They were in a fairly normal building, drinking coke and eating peanut butter and snacks. It isn't completely unreasonable that for a brief moment he forgot what kind of world they're living in.

There were some pretty creepy signs, like the place was spotless and there was not dust on the freshly stocked provisions. My thought wasn't even the dog or zombies, my first thought was the occupants had returned.

Festivus
Feb 19, 2007
Don't they more or less have to resolve Tyrese's girlfriend dying this season? I assumed that confrontation between Tyrese and Carol would be one of the season's climaxes.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
I'd like it if the show just dropped it completely. The moral of last half-season was that you can come back from what you were, and the look in Tyreese's eyes when Carol shows up was so relieved, I feel like her debt has practically been repaid.

At least when it comes to the poo poo world of TWD.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

xxEightxx posted:

3. They will all reunite at Terminus, fade to black, see you in the fall.
Yeah, everybody should come to terms with the probable fact that you won't be seeing Terminus at all until the finale, and you won't see it in full until next season.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It really feels like this half of the season is them testing the waters with different character combinations to decide who the show could work without. Were there any contract renegotiations coming up that we know about? At the moment they've taken the show so far away from being focused on any one character that I wouldn't even been too surprised if they killed off RIck.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
And running Terminus will be a man with an eyepatch... over his left eye.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dary's new group turns out to be enemies with the Terminus people.

MassiveTrauma
Mar 31, 2010

messagemode1 posted:

et in Arcadia ego

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

This fella knows how to read the show.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Lycus posted:

Yeah, everybody should come to terms with the probable fact that you won't be seeing Terminus at all until the finale, and you won't see it in full until next season.

After they all re-unite, they walk down the tracks, camera pans up and shows it, fade to black.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Naet posted:

And running Terminus will be a man with an eyepatch... over his left eye.

Hah I just realized the dog in this episode was one eyed like the Gov. I had forgotten that. I was thinking it was some Odin reference.

The dog scenes were basically a rehash of the half season finale.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That dog wanted the stash for himself, so he lured over a zombie horde to clear out the humans.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Hah I just realized the dog in this episode was one eyed like the Gov. I had forgotten that. I was thinking it was some Odin reference.

The dog scenes were basically a rehash of the half season finale.

Okay, if that's what they were going for, that was brilliant and hilarious!

Moral
Feb 9, 2014

I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Wizard of Smart posted:

It is both of these. Goons are :spergin: motherfuckers.

I'm slowly beginning to learn this, :ughh: . It's alright though, its a love hate relationship. :shrug:

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
I'm pretty sure the dog just wanted some of that sweet sweet pigs feet.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Kasonic posted:

I'd like it if the show just dropped it completely. The moral of last half-season was that you can come back from what you were, and the look in Tyreese's eyes when Carol shows up was so relieved, I feel like her debt has practically been repaid.

At least when it comes to the poo poo world of TWD.

He still doesn't know about her alleged involvement though. Yeah, maybe she's earning points now, but they may not do her any good if/when he finds out.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
As we know, Daryl's ability to kill extends to all things living and dead. That's why I'm pumped to see how it goes with the bandits. Just a heads up for anyone not paying attention, that bandit group was the same bandit group that Rick had a run in with. I was hoping Joe (Joe is the name of the leader of the bandits) would reference it by saying "ordinarily I'd kill you but we're down a couple guys. Welcome aboard." Next week maybe.

Also, I'm interested in what happene to Beth, which is cool that they've done something with the character other than make her the one who takes care of Judith.

More Carol next week! Carol is one of my favourite characters because she has changed a ton and arguably had the most happen to her. Abusive husband, husbands death, daughters death, banishment.

Following this episodes theme of being alone, I wonder if there'll be anything about her time spent by herself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The car was driven by Littlefinger and Beth is now ensconced in the Vale.

I think it is great that now that Daryl has become arguably human (feminine), he must survive in a group of male psychotic Meryl clones.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

euphronius posted:

The car was driven by Littlefinger and Beth is now ensconced in the Vale.

I think it is great that now that Daryl has become arguably human (feminine), he must survive in a group of male psychotic Meryl clones.

I hope he embraces it, murders the leader, and becomes the new Bandit King.

Like a Khal. And Beth can mount his stallion or whatever the gently caress.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mustard_tiger posted:

I'm pretty sure the dog just wanted some of that sweet sweet pigs feet.

That's why the dog kidnapped Beth, he needed her to open the cans.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's going to be funny if Beth's plot isn't resolved next week and someone in this thread claims it's because the writers "forgot."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Beth is the new Walt.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Buzkashi posted:

He still doesn't know about her alleged involvement though. Yeah, maybe she's earning points now, but they may not do her any good if/when he finds out.

They have been sitting on that drama bomb for nine episodes. I hope it pays off.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Surlaw posted:

It's going to be funny if Beth's plot isn't resolved next week and someone in this thread claims it's because the writers "forgot."

I'm surprised no one has come forward to say that she went willingly yet.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

euphronius posted:

Beth is the new Walt.

That's for the best since she's most likely someone's rape slave.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

redweird posted:

Following this episodes theme of being alone, I wonder if there'll be anything about her time spent by herself.

Except Carol's spent like literally no time alone. Following the timeline (and not the airing schedule), the Governor attacked the prison right after Tyreese and the others got back, which was like a day after Rick left Carol.

I don't even think Lizzie knew that Carol had been sent away, since she was in quarantine. So really Carol's only been separated from the group for two or three days at most.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Shath Hole posted:

I feel like a lot of people are watching this show right now only because they have so much time invested into it and I would be part of that grouping. The show really has stalled out for me, and the week after week coincidences just feel like very lazy writing. If you enjoy the show, more power to you, but I don't think anyone should be getting upset at people viewing it with a critical eye and are growing tired with the same routine every episode.

Its really alot better if you wait and do 2-3 episodes in one shot. It covers up the pacing and makes it easier to forgive bad scenes/ideas. Id hate this season if I watched it one by one. Its ~ok~ since i group them.

E: but seriously it helps forgive everyone going full retard the last few episodes, amd jesus Christ next weeks episode looks baaaaaad/sllloooowww

E2: im of the opinion the house was definitely a trap/honey pot. Well stocked, well maintained building? Clean? That has to set off a few alarms. I would have taken what i could and gtfo.

Also, Terminus putting up maps for eveyone is nice, but if i was not a nice person and I'd sure set up on one of those major crossroads/junctions on the map and start robbing people

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 12, 2014

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

Probably, but I don't think they are going to be direct enemies because I think Terminus is going to be a pretty big 'town'. So it will be more of a 'this bandit group is attacking our scavengers' rather than 'they are going to attack our home' situation.

Because of the way that Terminus is 'advertising' plus the number of colored routes on the map, I think there will be several hundred people there and a large portion of them will be tasked to defense against both zombies and human raiders. I just don't see a small group putting out than many signs (I am assuming that the other colored routes had the same signs) because it could invite trouble to come looking for you. Woodbury only had around 60 or so people and it seemed like around 15-20 were tasked for defense. A group that size can't really advertise safety or their location since even a small group of attackers could wreak havoc and that's exactly what happened when Rick and Co decided to strike.

Also, I'm kind shocked at how many people didn't realize Terminus wouldn't be shown until the last episode. I knew the second I saw the first map that it would be the major arc of next season.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I wish things paid off sooner in this show.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm kind shocked at how many people didn't realize Terminus wouldn't be shown until the last episode. I knew the second I saw the first map that it would be the major arc of next season.

I feel like everyone knew it wasn't going to be until the finale, but were hoping we would get something before then instead of shlepping along this endless loop of a plot they have going.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Shath Hole posted:

I feel like everyone knew it wasn't going to be until the finale, but were hoping we would get something before then instead of shlepping along this endless loop of a plot they have going.

Who knows, maybe we will see some catastrophic deaths in the next couple episodes... I am rooting for Maggie's group to get wiped out, but I think Maggie\Glen have reached Daryl immortality levels, so TWD universe demands that Tyreese's will die because the show can only have one black guy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shath Hole posted:

I don't really get all the 'nothing ever happens' complaints. It makes it seem like all anyone wants is the group to find a shelter at the beginning of an episode and then have to fight to save it by the end, but it still gets destroyed anyway so they have to find a new place in the next episode.

For the first half of the season it seemed like everyone was saying, 'God, they really need to get out of the prison', but now that they are out of it people are saying, 'I wish they would get somewhere interesting!' And while I'm sure that this half of the season could have been tightened up a bit, I think it's been pretty good and has shown us some neat stuff about the current world like the class war.

I'm kinda of glad that the goon collective doesn't have their own show because I feel like it would be a contrived, convoluted and confused creation.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

People actually expect Eugene to not be full of crap and actually produce a solution to The Zombie Problem.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TMMadman posted:

I don't really get all the 'nothing ever happens' complaints. It makes it seem like all anyone wants is the group to find a shelter at the beginning of an episode and then have to fight to save it by the end, but it still gets destroyed anyway so they have to find a new place in the next episode.

For the first half of the season it seemed like everyone was saying, 'God, they really need to get out of the prison', but now that they are out of it people are saying, 'I wish they would get somewhere interesting!' And while I'm sure that this half of the season could have been tightened up a bit, I think it's been pretty good and has shown us some neat stuff about the current world like the class war.

I'm kinda of glad that the goon collective doesn't have their own show because I feel like it would be a contrived, convoluted and confused creation.

Nothing important does ever happen. What was the last main character that was killed? Herschel ie last season? I feel like we are watching an E! True Hollywood Story about some of these characters instead of developing plot. They spent an entire episode diving into how Daryl was a redneck when everyone already knew he was a redneck. Every episode basically consists of these different groups roaming around, finding Terminus signs, killing zombies, with a bunch of coincidences as fillers such as some gang finding the one house on the block Rick and Carl were in, or Sasha finding Maggie lying amongst corpses, or oh hey Carol is back!

Personally, it's just getting old and I need something to happen to re-capture my attention. Like I said, I was excited for the scientist, and the prospect of Terminus, I just wish they would spend less time on mindless drivel and more time on actually developing some sort of plot in a more timely fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hershel died this season 5 episodes ago. I'm glad they are wandering around because finding another prison or Woodbury set piece so soon after a big battle would have been crap.

• Locked thread