Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18s
Bills free-agent S Jairus Byrd is on his way to New Orleans to visit the Saints, per source.

How the hell is that supposed to work

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Bonham posted:

Cowboys pursuing Melton oh god how do I feel about this

A 2 year deal in the $6 mil per range wouldn't be bad. Younger than Hatcher and familiarity with Marinelli. I hope they don't overpay though.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

coronaball posted:

There might have been some debate before, but I think today cements the Raiders as the worst organization in sports.

Eh they're in the bottom four or five in the NFL but across the four major US they're not even in the running.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

Vikings gave former Giants DT Linval Joseph a 5-yr, $31.5 million deal, per source. Big loss for NYG.

Holy poo poo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

Bills free-agent S Jairus Byrd is on his way to New Orleans to visit the Saints, per source.

Maybe the visit is strictly personal?

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
The Raiders saving grace from being in the top 5 worst run sports franchises are the Super Bowls from 30+ years ago but modern day they are maybe a step above the Browns as the worst team in the NFL in terms of an organization.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
McFadden officially listed as doubtful for week 1.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Intruder posted:

Oh cool glad we could take Jenkins off their hands to facilitate that :csgo:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

The Raiders saving grace from being in the top 5 worst run sports franchises are the Super Bowls from 30+ years ago but modern day they are maybe a step above the Browns as the worst team in the NFL in terms of an organization.

Even in 2006 they didn't go winless

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quest For Glory II posted:

Pretty sure the Saints would have to rescind the tag on Jimmy Graham to pull this off?

Or did they free up a shitload of cap space when I wasn't looking?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I am pretty sure not even that is enough to land Byrd.

Unless he is coming dirt cheap but well that ain't happening.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol Raiders

Still sign Byrd, Eagles

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Depends if that's spread over the full three years or up-front. If it's the latter, he's starting. If it's the former, that's less than 3 mil a year, aka backup money. I would imagine it's the former.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Catching up on all the other stuff that happened while I was out, I like the Asamoah and Soliai signings for the Falcons, that should help them a lot and give them a lot more leeway in the draft. That's a completely goofy amount of money to pay Tyson Jackson though.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Ryan Mundy signed with the Bears.

Good riddance.

Came here to ask about this guy :stare:

How bad is he?

awfulstack
Oct 28, 2002

Who needs a walk?

Vengarr posted:

Depends if that's spread over the full three years or up-front. If it's the latter, he's starting. If it's the former, that's less than 3 mil a year, aka backup money. I would imagine it's the former.

The Eagles have Wolff and Jenkins right now on the roster. I think he is going to start.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Eh the Bobcats still exist
At least the Hornets brand will be back where it rightfully belongs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Lazerbeam posted:

How bad is he?

Do you like cheap shots?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

davecrazy posted:

Ryan Mundy signed with the Bears.

Good riddance.

:smith:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Volkerball posted:

He had like 7 straight 100 yard games or something. He's your running back, now.

Sweet!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Lazerbeam posted:

How bad is he?

Looks like Giants fans hate him but he will probably be a special teamer which he appears to be good at

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

WR Jacoby Jones to visit NYG tomorrow.

RIP Hakeem Nicks. :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lazerbeam posted:

How bad is he?
I think Mundy is the guy who laid out DHB(?) two seasons ago.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
St. Paul Pioneer Press reports: Re-signing with Vikings 'an option' for guard Charlie Johnson

:fuckoff:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Nail Rat posted:

Eh they're in the bottom four or five in the NFL but across the four major US they're not even in the running.

Why? They have the worst stadium, a GM with apparently no plan, a roster devoid of talent, their 2014 QB is likely not on the roster, and they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Who else has it worse than that?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

GNU Order posted:

Looks like Giants fans hate him but he will probably be a special teamer which he appears to be good at

From what I recall, he was a decent coverage guy, but was a total headhunter

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

They need defensive help

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ryan Mundy is good to have on your team if you are sexually aroused by the drop-down "FLAG" graphic on broadcasts

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

awfulstack posted:

The Eagles have Wolff and Jenkins right now on the roster. I think he is going to start.

I just don't think they're done making moves yet. We'll see though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

coronaball posted:

Why? They have the worst stadium, a GM with apparently no plan, a roster devoid of talent, their 2014 QB is likely not on the roster, and they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Who else has it worse than that?

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since the music city miracle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

davecrazy posted:

WR Jacoby Jones to visit NYG tomorrow.

RIP Hakeem Nicks. :(

gently caress I hope Nicks ends up a panther.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Browns and Bills in the NFL off the top of my head. In the MLB I know the Cubs have it worse. NBA, Bucks and Bobcats? Although the Bobcats might go to the playoffs this year and will be the Hornets next year which owns.

There's also the Lions, 0-16 and wasting Megatron's career since then

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Dubious posted:

St. Paul Pioneer Press reports: Re-signing with Vikings 'an option' for guard Charlie Johnson

:fuckoff:

I'd rather start Baca than give Johnson another shot. He'd be alright as a cheap reserve lineman, but he was definitely the weak spot in the OL. I don't expect every hole to be filled through FA, but we can do better than Johnson.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Manish Mehta says Austin Howard is visiting the Raiders. That loving sucks, I really liked him.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
They're not going to get him, but this whole Byrd visiting the Saints thing reminds of the similar situation with Kruger last year - making a push towards a big name even with extremely small cap space.

As of right now the Saints have one safety on the roster. :lol: :negative:

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Nvm

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Nail Rat posted:

Browns and Bills in the NFL off the top of my head. In the MLB I know the Cubs have it worse. NBA, Bucks and Bobcats? Although the Bobcats might go to the playoffs this year and will be the Hornets next year which owns.

There's also the Lions, 0-16 and wasting Megatron's career since then

As the world's only Raiders-Bobcats fan, I

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tate visiting Detroit and Tillman visiting Tampa some how I doubt both leave free agents.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BlindSite posted:

They need defensive help

I meant financially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted: