Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

If they want to bring back Gwen they have her daughter, who looks the same.

Whom we all swore to never speak of again! We talked about this! Bringing her up is like saying "Candyman" in a dark bathroom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm still shocked they didn't bring Gwen back with how popular Emma Stone is in the role. I mean, they created a black Nick Fury just because of Sam Jackson, I could see them resurrecting Gwen.

A black Nick Fury was around long before the Marvel movies existed, however. He's been around since the launch of Ultimate Marvel in 2000. Brian Michael Bendis asked for Sam's permission to use his likeness, got it, and made Nick Fury into, essentially, Samuel L. Jackson.

I guess Ult. Nick Fury is now in the 616 universe or something thanks to the Marvel movies (not that 616 Fury has been doing anything anyway as it's mostly been Maria Hill).

As for Gwen coming back, I don't think they'd do that as Dan Slott is having too much fun with Ock-Spider...but that's changing back to Parker anyway. However, knowing Marvel, they'd bring her back just because...and then undo it later again.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

I guess Ult. Nick Fury is now in the 616 universe or something thanks to the Marvel movies (not that 616 Fury has been doing anything anyway as it's mostly been Maria Hill).

616 Black Nick Fury is Nicholas Fury Jr, the son of 616 White Nick Fury. He was introduced together with 616 Coulson.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ThermoPhysical posted:

A black Nick Fury was around long before the Marvel movies existed, however. He's been around since the launch of Ultimate Marvel in 2000. Brian Michael Bendis asked for Sam's permission to use his likeness, got it, and made Nick Fury into, essentially, Samuel L. Jackson.

Ult Nick Fury was black before Sam Jackson ever entered the picture and Bendis didn't have anything to do with it as he never wrote the Ultimates series. Mark Millar and Tom Raney created Ultimate Fury in Ultimate X-Men.

Where'd you do your homework?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

I'm still shocked they didn't bring Gwen back with how popular Emma Stone is in the role. I mean, they created a black Nick Fury just because of Sam Jackson, I could see them resurrecting Gwen.

A rival studio having a popular Gwen is the a great reason for Marvel not to bring Gwen back, to make sure Sony doesn't piggyback off their work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corek posted:

A rival studio having a popular Gwen is the a great reason for Marvel not to bring Gwen back, to make sure Sony doesn't piggyback off their work.

They're bringing Peter back just in time for the film's release. Even without owning the film rights to their own character they still care about synergy. With Sony at least.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Ok, BIG warning here if you don't like spoilers.

Kellogg's has apparently shown a BIG spoiler for the movie. I personally haven't read the full article to avoid the spoiler, but I'll spoil the general idea of it just in case you want to go in blind or something.

Apparently, one of the main cast dies. I had a friend read the article and it's NOT Gwen...so...yeah. I could see it being Aunt May. I imagine Sally Field is expensive...or Electro due to Jamie Foxx for the same reason.

Also, it's confirmed that Rhino only has 4 minutes of screen time.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/10/spider-man-2-spoiler-cereal-advert

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 11, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ThermoPhysical posted:

Ok, BIG warning here if you don't like spoilers.

Kellogg's has apparently shown a BIG spoiler for the movie. I personally haven't read the full article to avoid the spoiler, but I'll spoil the general idea of it just in case you want to go in blind or something.

Apparently, one of the main cast dies. I had a friend read the article and it's NOT Gwen...so...yeah. I could see it being Aunt May. I imagine Sally Field is expensive...or Electro due to Jamie Foxx for the same reason for the same reason.

Also, it's confirmed that Rhino only has 4 minutes of screen time.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/10/spider-man-2-spoiler-cereal-advert

For those wondering what spoils the article: Norman died between movies

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For those wondering what spoils the article: Norman died between movies

But then how do we see him talking to Harry in the trailer? Flashbacks?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RIdRgo3kyE

Electro looks great.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheJoker138 posted:

Ghost dad?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I just hope this movie brings back the butler from the original trilogy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

So he can continue being a dick?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

God drat, this is really good. They're really taking cues from the Spectacular cartoon because there is a similar scene there involving Electro.

bobkatt013 posted:

In the bloopers real of SM3 the butler just couldn't keep a straight face during his lines. I think even he knew his character was a joke.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Never forget:

"If I may, Sir, I've seen things in this house I've never spoke of... The night your father died, I... I cleaned his wound... the blade that pierced his body came from HIS Glider. I... I know you're trying to defend your fathers' honor, but there is no question that he died by his own hand."

Hey, you know what, Deus Ex Jeeves? I disagree. There are a lot of questions about the scenario you just outlined.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

Never forget:

"If I may, Sir, I've seen things in this house I've never spoke of... The night your father died, I... I cleaned his wound... the blade that pierced his body came from HIS Glider. I... I know you're trying to defend your fathers' honor, but there is no question that he died by his own hand."

Hey, you know what, Deus Ex Jeeves? I disagree. There are a lot of questions about the scenario you just outlined.

I believed it was originally the blade that pierced his body came from HIS trailer.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to love if every action scene involving Electro starts off with a hardcore dubstep drop.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

That would be my guess, the outline giving on the article is than Norman's death is what brings Harry to Peter

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This just needs to happen with the current Spiderman actor. It would be 1000x better, I know, but for now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtj4QYM69mM

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Democratic Pirate posted:

I'm going to love if every action scene involving Electro starts off with a hardcore dubstep drop.

Look, I love dubstep as much as the next guy, but even I think that would be a bit much.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's our best look so far at Green Goblin and Rhino

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That's just straight up Master Chief's armor.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Dacap posted:

Here's our best look so far at Green Goblin and Rhino

There's some stuff here that's really clever: I like that the suit appears unfinished and military-practical. I'm digging the irritated skin on his left hand where the tech appears to be interfacing with his body (possibly for some sort of mental link with the glider?). I also like the bluetooth-esque earpieces being used as a stand in for the Goblin's "ears." The only thing I don't like is that I don't think that they pushed the makeup far enough. If we're getting the Ultimate Spider-Man "Oz" formula deal, I think they could have used it to justify some sort of mutation of his face. I'm not saying that they should have gone full-tilt boogie, but a more pronounced nose and chin, or maybe permanently-forced grin (like Joker in Batman '89). Overall I think it's a pretty solid improvement over the Raimi Goblin (not that that is hard to do). Curious to see how it looks in motion.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

There's some stuff here that's really clever: I like that the suit appears unfinished and military-practical. I'm digging the irritated skin on his left hand where the tech appears to be interfacing with his body (possibly for some sort of mental link with the glider?). I also like the bluetooth-esque earpieces being used as a stand in for the Goblin's "ears." The only thing I don't like is that I don't think that they pushed the makeup far enough. If we're getting the Ultimate Spider-Man "Oz" formula deal, I think they could have used it to justify some sort of mutation of his face. I'm not saying that they should have gone full-tilt boogie, but a more pronounced nose and chin, or maybe permanently-forced grin (like Joker in Batman '89). Overall I think it's a pretty solid improvement over the Raimi Goblin (not that that is hard to do). Curious to see how it looks in motion.

I'm wondering how much they'll change it if they end up having Norman be a Goblin in a future film. But man, did the first Raimi movie waste Willem Dafoe by having his face covered up like an un-emotive mask. If they had done something closer to this with a hood or something it would've looked fantastic with his face

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

I can see this being the first stage of a 'boss battle,' where whatever turns Harry into the Goblin is beginning to really gently caress him up in the head and eventually transforms him physically as well.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Dacap posted:

I'm wondering how much they'll change it if they end up having Norman be a Goblin in a future film. But man, did the first Raimi movie waste Willem Dafoe by having his face covered up like an un-emotive mask. If they had done something closer to this with a hood or something it would've looked fantastic with his face

100% this. There were some truly baffling decisions made throughout Raim's trilogy, not the least of which was putting a full-face mask on a man who naturally looks like this:

Perfect casting, flawed execution. And not on Dafoe's part.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

100% this. There were some truly baffling decisions made throughout Raim's trilogy, not the least of which was putting a full-face mask on a man who naturally looks like this:

In the words of Weird Al: "He's wearing that dumb Power Rangers mask/But he's scarier without it on."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

I agree. The goblin costume was pretty lovely to begin with and has aged even worse yet I can still see why they went with the approach they did as far as making it some sort of military tech prototype, meaning I at least get the logic behind it. You're absolutely right though. You cast a guy who looked perfect and was practically born to play the Green Goblin and then hide his face. It's a testament to Dafoe as an actor that he pulled it off as well he did really.

The weird thing is that they hosed up in reverse. They actually showed Peter struggling to come up with a suit and then he wound up with one he could have never built by himself while Goblin never even set out to create one and just already a goofy looking one. It would have made more sense to have Osbourne steal all the weapons and the glider and then just go to a costume shop. In retrospect, why not just have Dafoe go insane and grow strong from the serum, steal the tech and the weapons and then just get full on weird and improvise with the makeup and costume.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
We could have had this thing instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Ugh. That thing. I can't even imagine how poorly that would have played in the final film. It really does make me wonder why if they were willing to go that far up the crazy scale, why using traditional prosthetics never appeared to be in consideration for the costume. It's not like Dafoe would have been unfamiliar or uncomfortable with heavy makeup. After all, he did a stellar job in Shadow of the Vampire only two years earlier.

Sef! fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 18, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

In one of the earlier scripts he's literally wearing a goblin halloween costume that he had for a costume party. I think that could have worked.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

TheJoker138 posted:

In one of the earlier scripts he's literally wearing a goblin halloween costume that he had for a costume party. I think that could have worked.

Especially since that's pretty much exactly what one of the versions of the Goblin was, wasn't it?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The final ASM 2 trailer is out on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=609795655763015

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Took me a minute to recognize the music in the beginning. It's from the Star Citizen announcement video from a year and a half ago.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Timby posted:

Took me a minute to recognize the music in the beginning. It's from the Star Citizen announcement video from a year and a half ago.

Which was itself taken from Steve Jablonsky's Battleship score.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hewlett posted:

Which was itself taken from Steve Jablonsky's Battleship score.

Jesus. I always thought they had gotten George Oldziey or whomever to do it for the announcement. :aaa:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Am I the only one who thinks that actually looks pretty rad?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

drat, Andrew Garfield is the perfect Spider-Man. :allears:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

hiddenriverninja posted:

drat, Andrew Garfield is the perfect Spider-Man. :allears:

Tell me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Timby posted:

Jesus. I always thought they had gotten George Oldziey or whomever to do it for the announcement. :aaa:

Speaking of which, looks like we're close enough to actually get some of the music from Wing Commander fully orchestrated!! :toot:

• Locked thread