Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Probably not Gresham.

Yeah I think he'll be the odd man out and I personally don't want them to sign him to a huge deal either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
You're going to like Mike Mitchell, Steeler fans.

Jerks. :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
@SethWalderNYDN With Austin Howard possibly leaving, one replacement Jets have inquired about is Saints RT Zach Strief, per source. #nyj

This is reasonable.

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
Matt Barrows @mattbarrows
#49ers sign cornerback Eric Wright to one-year deal ... http://t.co/i3FI577MkB

Smaller signing, but at least the Niners aren't completely bare at cornerback. Still hope we can sign Brown and/or draft one early.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Mughe posted:

Glad they were taking a look at Mitchell instead then. Thanks ESPN for leading me down a path the Steelers decided not to take.

So between Polamalu and Mitchell who's gonna cover the deep third/Cover 2? They're just gonna run with two strong safeties?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Pron on VHS posted:

Man, Chiefs have lost 5 starters in hours, including their 3 best OL. This sucks

For a former offensive lineman/line coach, Andy Reid doesn't really care about having top-tier o-lineman. Just give him guys who can pass protect and he'll be happy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Browns signed a WR named Andrew Hopkins which leads me to believe Greg Little will be leaving.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Toymachine posted:

So between Polamalu and Mitchell who's gonna cover the deep third/Cover 2? They're just gonna run with two strong safeties?

Isn't Mitchell as free safety?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Vengarr posted:

For a former offensive lineman/line coach, Andy Reid doesn't really care about having top-tier o-lineman. Just give him guys who can pass protect and he'll be happy.

Unfortunately, he has maybe one on the roster right now.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
This offseason on Who The gently caress Will Tom Brady Throw To? Future Hall of Famer Joe Jurevicius, what's he up to?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sproles hasn't been released yet because there is a lot of outside trade interest

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dolphins loading up on receivers who can't catch balls that our quarterback can't get out to them

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

Dolphins loading up on receivers who can't catch balls that our quarterback can't get out to them

If Gibson is hurt worse than thought I'm gonna be so sad. Dude was amazing before he got injured.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

A little late for Peppers chat, but Pep is what he has always been: maddeningly inconsistent, but utterly amazing when he turns it on. We will never know if it's just his personality, or if he doesn't try hard enough, or was just coasting by on talent alone and not willing to be "a student of the game".

What we do know is that teams used to give him truckloads of money because of his upside, you always felt that he would one day find a way to dominate the game on every snap, for every game of the season. That optimism is dulled as he's 33 and upside is no longer the word, instead it's more of when does he start to decline in skills.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Motherfucker.

This has been planned for weeks. Good move with the emergence of T-Will.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 51m
#Seahawks are negotiating with DT Tony McDaniel for him to return to Seattle, per source.

I dont know if this got mentioned at all, but getting one of the McDaniel/McDonald interior combo back would be a huge boon for the DL this year. Losing both of them could cause some issues.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Peppers was completely insane when he first came to the Bears.

I'm happy with what the Bears have done so far, assuming they can get a decent DT in FA or the draft, but I'll be pretty crushed if they don't re-sign Wootton.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tony McDaniel still starts?! Holy hell Miami had a seriously stacked defensive line in those days.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Tony McDaniel still starts?! Holy hell Miami had a seriously stacked defensive line in those days.

He starts and was a very underrated player for the Seahawks this year. The focus was on the ends and maybe Brandon Mebane, but having the two Big Macs in the middle helped the line tremendously as a whole. They rotate like crazy.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Fashionably late as always but get hosed, Brice McCain. I'll miss Owen Daniels though.

Everyone is going nuts about Schaub right now.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Mughe posted:

Isn't Mitchell as free safety?

Maybe in title only. He's built like a brick shithouse and hits like a dump truck. He's decent in man coverage but looked lost in the zone. I'm speaking from my experience watching him in Oakland as a SS so who knows maybe he got better last year.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

Peppers was completely insane when he first came to the Bears.

I'm happy with what the Bears have done so far, assuming they can get a decent DT in FA or the draft, but I'll be pretty crushed if they don't re-sign Wootton.

Yeah, Pepper's first couple of years with the Bears were insane. He is still an extremely good player, just not 18 million good. He will help some team out a lot next year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Miami made an offer to James jones. Huh?

where you heard dis

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Here's some highlights of Peppers murdering quarterbacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8VAlFYRVTM

tell me, lord, what the pepperman say

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Declan MacManus posted:

James Jones has had decent hands in the past three seasons. He was also massively banged up this year (Broken ribs+knee injury) for what it's worth.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Raiders need to make Peppers and Clowney happen.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Browns go after Peppers!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears have a 2,000 year-old terrible, expensive defense, but it's been rough to lose Urlacher, Peppers, and (possibly) Tillman, who were the heart and soul of the Bears defense (RIP Mike Brown). At least they've still got Briggs.

Borsch
Nov 5, 2013

by Ralp

Sour Diesel posted:

Yea Smith owns. I hope Jacoby can come back for cheap simply because he's the coolest guy on the team, but I doubt we'll get a decent deal as some team will overpay for him.

I think the draft will be a BPA draft. Marlon Brown has the potential to be a pretty good WR, but a receiver drafted early would be nice.

I get this sinking feeling, that if Ozzie picks a receiver in the first, it'll be a bust. Even with the draft being so stacked, that's just how drafting WRs early goes for Baltimore. This is all just dumb anxiety from me, however.

If we get a mediocre run game the offense should get going. Torrey was playing out of his mind last season and was a top receiver for the first month and a half-ish. He's getting better every year and was making any #2 we had look good. Jacoby did a fine job when he was healthy. Hell, even Tandon loving Doss and Deonte Thompson looked half decent from all the work Torrey was doing. Basically I want a running game so I can see some more Torrey-bombs. We didn't get enough of those last year.

Also if they can re-sign Oher for cheap I wouldn't mind, simply for the insurance of having a starter at RT.

I still want whatever receiver falls to us. Top needs right now are probably WR, S, C, and DE. Probably need another OT if we don't sign Oher, and another LB if we don't sign Smith, but I expect us to pick those up in the later rounds along with a C if we don't sign Brian De La Puente.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Regnevelc posted:

Browns go after Peppers!

But will Pep play there? It's the same as Carolina where it's not a big enough city to mask his celebrity. Dude really really doesn't like the public eye. He needs to go like Dallas for him to be happy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine I've just been sitting here in the corner muttering mother fucker under my breath over and over, because I have. Carry on.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ehud posted:

So does Peppers stink now?
I watched a handful of Bears games last year, and he's been one of my fav DEs to watch. He can still pressure the QB and I *think* he's still ok against the run. He def isn't worth 18 mill though, but I think he could still start, or be an amazing rotational player. He def has some left in the tank.

Depending on his market, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a 1-2 year deal similar to Osi Umenyiora's with the Falcons (2yr, 8.5 tot, 5 guaranteed) with a contender. I think he's better than Allen, but I didn't watch alot of Viking games and could be totally wrong.

I could see him in Denver, NE, or ATL easily. Saying all that, this years FA period has a bit of a glut of veteran DE's looking to play for a contender. You have Allen, Peppers, and Ware all in play right now.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's TYOOL 2014 and Ryan Mundy is still on an NFL roster

Ryan Mundy is so god drat bad

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

The Glumslinger posted:

From what I recall, he was a decent coverage guy, but was a total headhunter

He's loving god awful in coverage and the reason why tebow has a playoff victory

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

I think he's better than Allen, but I didn't watch alot of Viking games and could be totally wrong.

I'd probably take peppers over allen at this point in their careers. Allen was def not as noisy as usual last year. He sucked against the run and got most of his sacks in the back quarter of the season

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Dubious posted:

I'd probably take peppers over allen at this point in their careers. Allen was def not as noisy as usual last year. He sucked against the run and got most of his sacks in the back quarter of the season

...I'd rather Allen and by quite a margin.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Fashionably late as always but get hosed, Brice McCain. I'll miss Owen Daniels though.

Everyone is going nuts about Schaub right now.

I was going to ask why anyone would go nuts about Schaub in Houston but google tells me you might be keeping him?

I'm not up on important contract dates, is there a benefit to cutting him now instead of holding on to him until after the draft as a smoke screen if they would want to do that for whatever reason?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jenkins is a piece of average garbage who doesn't address our needs at all, I'm Actually Mad that we didn't grab Byrd.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Borsch posted:

I still want whatever receiver falls to us. Top needs right now are probably WR, S, C, and DE. Probably need another OT if we don't sign Oher, and another LB if we don't sign Smith, but I expect us to pick those up in the later rounds along with a C if we don't sign Brian De La Puente.

We do have Arthur Brown waiting to start. Rolando McClain is also coming out of retirement and we still have the rights to him. If Ozzie keeps him, that's depth at the very least.

As for DE, I'm wanting to see if that Kapron Lewis-Moore guy is any good. Ozzie obviously saw something in him since he drafted a dude who had a torn ACL.

But yea I wouldn't mind any FA receiver that falls to us, it'll help more than it will hurt. Either way the draft will be pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Roasted Donut posted:

He's loving god awful in coverage and the reason why tebow has a playoff victory

Pretty sure we all know Ike Taylor's giant loving clown shoes are to blame.

Go Browns but goddamn I don't want Schaub.

• Locked thread