Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

JGBeagle posted:

The People

I am no party. I am but one man who speaks for the people of our glorious empire. We're tired of fighting your silly wars. Tired of being forced to fight our brethren when one of the douchesdouxes decides to rise up against our Empress. We want our own representation, one free of silly factions and parties.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! END THE SENATE!

I didn't know we let drunks who weren't nobles into the Senate house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

JGBeagle posted:

The People

The Empress takes orders from you, not the people she actually governs. She gives power to people who want nothing more than her crown. Does the farmer want to rule the Empire? No, he just wants what's best for his crops. There are plenty of people in this Empire that are ignored just because they don't want to go fight the Turks for a bunch of useless land. Am I ever going to Bulgaria? No, because I have more pressing matters to attend to like what the people want.

It appears that the number of insane senators increases by the day. You do realize that if the Senate is disbanded, the ruler of the Empire still won't care about what the common peasant wants. What we do is what is in the best desires of the Empire at large, not for each and every man within our borders.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

I will not sit here and have the honour of one of the faithful besmirched in this hallowed chamber. How dare you impugn this senator's commitment to the true Orthodoxy? 'In him there is no Jew nor Greek, Slave nor free'! It was the true and inspired word when Paul wrote it to the Galatians, and it remains the true and inspired word today! The representative from Steppes and Republics has said and done nothing that could cast doubt upon his orthodox virtues, and I for one stand with him, and ask my fellow Milvians to do likewise. An attack on one Orthodox believer is an attack on all.

Steppes and Republics

I thanks you for your words of defense fellow senator, ignorance is a difficult thing to face alone.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

theblastizard posted:

What, do you seriously believe we're able to check these drunks for some sort of identification? They puke all over your shoes if you just look at them the wrong way, and any given "noble" could just as well be a drunk that won the clothes off a senator at a local tavern. We've just let everybody that wants to come in come in, hell, even let them hold speeches, because who the gently caress is going to be able to tell whether that guy talking crazy is a senator or not? Plus, it's amusing, and their reactions when Senator Scruffles decides their speech has gone on too long are also a riot.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

theblastizard posted:

The People

And yet we let you guys drink heavily and decide our fates for us. ;)

Pyroi posted:

It appears that the number of insane senators increases by the day. You do realize that if the Senate is disbanded, the ruler of the Empire still won't care about what the common peasant wants. What we do is what is in the best desires of the Empire at large, not for each and every man within our borders.

Your best desires for the Empire is making it far more larger and far more prone to downfall. Look to our ancestors- they once held the largest Empire and then fell to a lack of control. No, a dismantling of the Senate is only the first step for us. We seek to shape the Empire into something controllable.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 12, 2014

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Yes, yes, and while were at it why not invite some Zoroastrians, Physicians and other Wizards to come to Constantinople and practice their devil worship?

What has tolerance ever done for us? The lesser "peoples" of the Empire are jealous and untrustworthy. We don't want any of them here. They are a dangerous element. There is no way to determine their loyalty... It makes no difference whether the Turk is a citizen, he is still a Turk.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

I will not sit here and have the honour of one of the faithful besmirched in this hallowed chamber. How dare you impugn this senator's commitment to the true Orthodoxy? 'In him there is no Jew nor Greek, Slave nor free'! It was the true and inspired word when Paul wrote it to the Galatians, and it remains the true and inspired word today! The representative from Steppes and Republics has said and done nothing that could cast doubt upon his orthodox virtues, and I for one stand with him, and ask my fellow Milvians to do likewise. An attack on one Orthodox believer is an attack on all.

How dare I? How dare you! It is fools like you who enable this renewed tide of paganism with your soft touch! I shall not reject Paul outright, but we live in a different age! What have the steppes ever brought but hordes of pagan filth? They are deceptive and violent by nature, but I can see through them! How would we even know what they worship if we don't even hear what they say? They should prove their loyalty to God and Empire by more fully embracing Roman ways. Only then can we be sure.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

theblastizard posted:

I thought he was one of those, you know, jesters. Booooooo! Bring out the dancing wenches! Or at least make him fight a bear or do something entertaining. His diatribes are boring. We know what is against, but nothing of what he is for. Other than handing over power to the 'people', whoever they may be.

Honestly, for one who calls himself the people, he looks an awful lot like, well, a person, singular. Honestly, are we to believe this man speaks for the population entire? He doesn't even have a rabble with him! Where are the torches and pitchforks, hmm? Most disappointing, yes. Unless he has a programme for how exactly the 'people' intend to administer the empire, he is not worth notice. And even then, it is likely to be an unfeasible mix of populist nonsense, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Send him away.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

How dare I? How dare you! It is fools like you who enable this renewed tide of paganism with your soft touch! I shall not reject Paul outright, but we live in a different age! What have the steppes ever brought but hordes of pagan filth? They are deceptive and violent by nature, but I can see through them! How would we even know what they worship if we don't even hear what they say? They should prove their loyalty to God and Empire by more fully embracing Roman ways. Only then can we be sure.

The Steppes have brought increased trade revenue and a better breed of horse into the Empire. The horse archers in the Imperial Retinue use tactics used by Atilla the Hun to conquer large amounts of Europa. Perhaps if you want to hear what we say, your should listen to what we say.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blackunknown posted:

The Steppes have brought increased trade revenue and a better breed of horse into the Empire. The horse archers in the Imperial Retinue use tactics used by Atilla the Hun to conquer large amounts of Europa. Perhaps if you want to hear what we say, your should listen to what we say.

How ridiculous. Your steppe horses have only befouled the blood of fine Greek horses. Do you know what happened to Attila's "empire"? It collapsed in a generation, undone as all steppe endeavors are destined to be. What you say doesn't matter to me, especially if it isn't in Greek. What matters is that all of you say it in Greek.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Yvonmukluk posted:

I thought he was one of those, you know, jesters. Booooooo! Bring out the dancing wenches! Or at least make him fight a bear or do something entertaining. His diatribes are boring. We know what is against, but nothing of what he is for. Other than handing over power to the 'people', whoever they may be.

Honestly, for one who calls himself the people, he looks an awful lot like, well, a person, singular. Honestly, are we to believe this man speaks for the population entire? He doesn't even have a rabble with him! Where are the torches and pitchforks, hmm? Most disappointing, yes. Unless he has a programme for how exactly the 'people' intend to administer the empire, he is not worth notice. And even then, it is likely to be an unfeasible mix of populist nonsense, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Send him away.

The People

Please "senator", if I had walked in with a mob of people you would've had the guards on us before we could fully occupy the senate floor. And I have told what I am for: I am for the abolishment of the Senatorial Chambers and with it the role of senator. I am also for the end to the wars against the Turks. Our people (Greeks and Turks alike) are tired of dying for Turkish lands. We're also for the end to separating our people into Greeks and Turks. If the Lord has taught us anything we are cut from the same cloth.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

How ridiculous. Your steppe horses have only befouled the blood of fine Greek horses. Do you know what happened to Attila's "empire"? It collapsed in a generation, undone as all steppe endeavors are destined to be. What you say doesn't matter to me, especially if it isn't in Greek. What matters is that all of you say it in Greek.

Greek horses.... right. Hate to tell you this but Greek horses aren't that great. The best horses are the one from Arabia, they are strong and perfect for heavy calvary roles.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

What you say doesn't matter to me, especially if it isn't in Greek. What matters is that all of you say it in Greek.

For example, take the name of your ungodly and unchristian faction, namely the Latin word 'Unitas'.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

For example, take the name of your ungodly and unchristian faction, namely the Latin word 'Unitas'.

Ha!!! Your an alright guy. After this Senate session drinks are on me... except for thePopulist Unitas.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

I have already addressed this, but the memory of the Senate is short. I use the name to invoke our imperial predecessors, men who were masters of the policies I propose. Romanization remade Gaul, Hispania, Brittania, and North Africa, and we can use it make a greater and more united empire, if only all of you weren't so bizarrely protective of lesser peoples.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

if only all of you weren't so bizarrely protective of lesser peoples.

The People

You say lesser, yet the Turks make up a large number of our population in the Anatola.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

AJ_Impy posted:

So it is. As a Milvian I could never stand for the besmirching of a brother in faith, with his pious service to church and empire. As a Phanariote I could never stand for the besmirching of a fellow man, with his own life experiences and knowledge to add to our collective heritage. So I stand together with our fellow senator against this unwarranted, barbaric attack.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

JGBeagle posted:

The People

You say lesser, yet the Turks make up a large number of our population in the Anatola.

Invaders all. Assimilation is the only answer.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I have already addressed this, but the memory of the Senate is short. I use the name to invoke our imperial predecessors, men who were masters of the policies I propose.

So basically, You're allowed to use a non-Greek word to invoke your pride in a non-Greek culture, but everyone else has to always use Greek and convert to the Greek culture? 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Oh Lord. I step out of the Senate hall for five minutes, and I come back and we have two new factions.

Hostergaard posted:

Hellenistic Restoration

Seriously? By Iesous How on Earth did the globe's only Hellenist Greek manage to get a seat in the Senate? Well, I guess there's room over there by the new guy. Just don't sacrifice anything in here, the carpets are kind of expensive and hard to replace.

JGBeagle posted:

Yeah, fine, sure whatever. Very noble revolutionary... whatever. Come on in, we've got plenty of room. A bit of excitement never hurt anybody.

The guards did pat him down when he came in, right? Okay, just checking.

(And as an out-of-character aside, I made some slightly more adorned versions of the Anarchist flag, in case you want to change it. Behold:

Stunning, no?)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

So basically, You're allowed to use a non-Greek word to invoke your pride in a non-Greek culture, but everyone else has to always use Greek and convert to the Greek culture? 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'?

Hardly. This is the exception that proves the rule. If this was still a Latin-speaking empire, I would want us all to be Latin. But since the Romans speak Greek, that is what we should all speak. There were no better Greek examples, and I want to encourage a sense of imperial continuity. We are as fundamentally Roman as we are Greek: the two are one, and that should be emphasized during assimilation efforts.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Hardly. This is the exception that proves the rule. If this was still a Latin-speaking empire, I would want us all to be Latin. But since the Romans speak Greek, that is what we should all speak. There were no better Greek examples, and I want to encourage a sense of imperial continuity. We are as fundamentally Roman as we are Greek: the two are one, and that should be emphasized during assimilation efforts.

No better greek examples? Is ενότητα really that hard for you to pronounce? Have you no pride in our language?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JGBeagle posted:

The People

Please "senator", if I had walked in with a mob of people you would've had the guards on us before we could fully occupy the senate floor. And I have told what I am for: I am for the abolishment of the Senatorial Chambers and with it the role of senator. I am also for the end to the wars against the Turks. Our people (Greeks and Turks alike) are tired of dying for Turkish lands. We're also for the end to separating our people into Greeks and Turks. If the Lord has taught us anything we are cut from the same cloth.

Which raises the question of how are you still here? Why do we even have guards if some filthy peasant can just wander in and start rambling. That's a strictly senatorial privilege!

Also, I'm interested to see how you plan to convince us to abolish ourselves. Who is going to administer the empire in our place? Peasants who do not even know how to read? Who will lead if not the empress?

Go ahead. I'm so eager to hear you justify how your populist drivel could ever control the greatest empire the world has ever known.

I'm listening. :smugwizard:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

No better greek examples? Is ενότητα really that hard for you to pronounce? Have you no pride in our language?

Of course I do. But I have more pride in Empire. The dream I believe in is not just Roman: it is Alexander's: a united Hellenic world. Rome is the best avenue to achieve it, and so I must invoke it! I am the herald of the empire that was, and the prophet of the one that will be. Romanization, and therefore Latin, must be emphasized.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Romanization, and therefore Latin, must be emphasized.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

What you say doesn't matter to me, especially if it isn't in Greek. What matters is that all of you say it in Greek.

There you have it, noble Senators. Latin must be emphasized, just so long as you don't say anything in it. At least the Hellenistic sybarite and the anti-Senate savage are consistent.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

There you have it, noble Senators. Latin must be emphasized, just so long as you don't say anything in it. At least the Hellenistic sybarite and the anti-Senate savage are consistent.

You predictably misunderstand. Latin must be emphasized as the tool that was. It was a tool that failed. Greek has far more potential, and must be the tool we use now.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Steppes and Republics

Bwahahaha it's just as entertaining as going to the theater. Keep up the good work fellow Senator.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Blackunknown posted:

Steppes and Republics

Bwahahaha it's just as entertaining as going to the theater. Keep up the good work fellow Senator.

Uhm, please don't mention the theatre near the Empress. I hear there's a incredibly vicious satire about a woman who just happens to be named Valeria who sleeps with and back-stabs everyone she knows. The Empress is absolutely livid about it. So I hear, anyway.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Since by now this thread is mostly bickering and not voting, VOTES ARE CLOSED! Results (and rules for the next legislative session— which, this time around, will have something for everyone to do) shortly.

Next time I'll remember to set an actual deadline. vOv

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Well well, more supposed factions rear their heads. It seems that one will always have to deal with the sorts of fools. No matter, continuing this tradition once again,

##Vote Old Romans
I see a map of nations and want but one name stretched across its borders: Basileia Rhomaion!

As such, it stands to reason that I should show at least some lip service to the intra-party factions.

##Vote Expansionists

Glory to Rome! An Empire that rules all lands in creation!

##Vote New Marians

Glory to Rome! An Empire that rules with might!

##Vote Phanariotes

Glory to Rome! An Empire that rules with wisdom!

Edit: Well nuts, showed up too late. Next time perhaps I'll have less History papers to write. :eng99:

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 12, 2014

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Edit: Well nuts, showed up too late. Next time perhaps I'll have less History papers to write. :eng99:

At the very least, it was pretty funny that you posted your vote in the same secondunit of time less than a minute that Rincewind announced a cesura of further votes.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You predictably misunderstand. Latin must be emphasized as the tool that was. It was a tool that failed. Greek has far more potential, and must be the tool we use now.

Says the biggest tool in the Senate, and also its most pathetic failure.

I mean, we have a number of idiots whose platforms would cause civil war and the deaths of millions in this chamber, but at least they don't have the devastation of the Empire as their intended purpose!

Perhaps you should join that other "populist" rabble-rouser on the streets, instead of befouling the Senate with the stench of self-righteous bigotry. You certainly have more in common with the ill-educated, inbred backwoods peasants he speaks for than you do with men and women of either competence or lineage.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hostergaard posted:

Hellenistic Restoration

Finally, someone who will agree with me about the Altar of Victory! Even if he is a pagan.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Says the biggest tool in the Senate, and also its most pathetic failure.

I mean, we have a number of idiots whose platforms would cause civil war and the deaths of millions in this chamber, but at least they don't have the devastation of the Empire as their intended purpose!

Perhaps you should join that other "populist" rabble-rouser on the streets, instead of befouling the Senate with the stench of self-righteous bigotry. You certainly have more in common with the ill-educated, inbred backwoods peasants he speaks for than you do with men and women of either competence or lineage.

So says a stalk of wheat, blown in the wind, ignorant of the harvest to come. What do you have? Yours is a party of nothing, one that would agree to the most sinister and depraved of plots, if only the majority supported it. I can walk in the Senate with pride. I have a vision, a dream, a mandate! I stand for a world united by Greek culture, finally and truly one. A world that worships God in the only true way, a world for men of conviction. A world that has no place for filth like you.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Total Old Romans: 17
Semquais
Samuel
Horsebanger
GenHavoc
Ubern00b
Jazerus
Grim reaper
Amnistar
Gnooble
EightDeer
mcclay
Jihad Joe
Frionnel
Flesnolk
Skyfinder
Alexey
Charlie Mopps

Total New Byzantines: 31
DivineCoffeeBinge
Frozen_flame
Mirdini
j00rBuDdY
Caustic Soda
sheep-dodger
Sinner Sandwich
Arbitrary Coin
TheMcD
Aeromancia
ChrisAsmadi
NewMars
Lynneth
Archaeology Hat
Luhood
D3m3
Meinberg
Hutter
beefart
Ratoslov
Vander
Talky
Pyroi
Technowolf
Bart Roberts III
Josef bugman
Sleep of Bronze
Freudian
General Antares
BwenGun
cokerpilot

Total Milvians: 9
Unwise_Cashew
AJ_Impy
YF-23
occipitallobe
nothing to seehere
AdventFalls
Adept Nightingale
Sindai
Pester

Total Komnenians: 8
Duckbag
Lord Windy
Ghetto Prince
Muskatnuss
GoatLord
Deceitful Penguin
JT Jag
theblastizard

Total Fraternalists: 2
Rejected Fate
Jimmy4400nav

Total True Religion's Advocates In Time Of Rebellion & Strife: 2
forkis
Tevery Best

Total Iconoclasts: 0

Total Guiding Light: 5
reignonyourparade
Sampatrick
TheFlyingLlama
Talas
lenoon

Total Steppes and Republics: 1
Blackunknown

Total Loyalists: 2
Yvonmukluk
The Sandman

Total Unitas: 1
Lord Cyrahzax

Total Centrists: 1
Raserys

Total Hellenic Restoration: 2
ThatBasqueGuy
Hostergaard

CROSS-PARTY FACTIONS

Total New Marians: 7
AJ_Impy
Frozen_flame
Yvonmukluk
Ubern00b
Grim reaper
mcclay
Frionnel

Total Expansionists: 14
DivineCoffeeBinge
AJ_Impy
forkis
Samuel
Horsebanger
Yvonmukluk
Jazerus
Lord Cyrahzax
nothing to seehere
EightDeer
mcclay
Jihad Joe
JT Jag
Adept Nightingale

Total Phanariotes: 35
Unwise_Cashew
AJ_Impy
Lord Windy
reignonyourparade
j00rBuDdY
YF-23
Caustic Soda
sheep-dodger
Sinner Sandwich
Arbitrary Coin
occipitallobe
TheMcD
Aeromancia
Rejected Fate
Yvonmukluk
NewMars
Lynneth
TheFlyingLlama
Luhood
D3m3
Meinberg
Hutter
beefart
Ratoslov
mcclay
Talky
Pyroi
Technowolf
AdventFalls
Josef bugman
Jimmy4400nav
Alexey
General Antares
ThatBasqueGuy
Charlie Mopps

: The New Byzantines have retained power, I see. So be it. They've certainly accomplished much during their tenure. I can only hope they do not lose sight of the traditions that make us great.

: Let us now consider the legislative session. The following bills from the last session are still in force, and repealing them would require a separate act:

Use Caution, Empress: The Empress will avoid wars she deems unwinnable in pursuit of these Senate policies.
Anatolia-so Directive: Conquer all Turkish holdings in central Anatolia; banish the hated Seljuk Baytasid Snake from our beautiful borders

(The Venetian Offensive and the Roman East Directive are both obsolete and have been stricken from the books)

: My mother famously forced the New Byzantines and Old Romans to work together. This was, in truth, mostly a strategy to neutralize the more extreme positions held by both parties, and in any case locked most of the rest of the Senate out of the legislative process— hardly an ideal system.

: However— the core of the idea-- that the largest party must work to win the support of smaller ones-- is valid.

: Therefore, this legislative session, power to ##propose legislation will rest solely with the New Byzantines. Members of all other parties will be able to ##sponsor legislation. Whichever three proposals from the New Byzantines attract the most sponsors from non-New Byzantine Senators will become law.

: Additionally, owing to the great success of the Phanariote coalition, Phanariotes will also be allowed to ##propose legislation. Phanariotes who are also New Byzantines should make sure to specify whether their proposal is being submitted as a New Byzantine bill or a Phanariote one. Anybody can ##sponsor Phanariote proposals— even other Phanariotes. The one Phanariote proposal with the most votes will also become law.

OOC: Here's an example of how to format your proposal:

quote:

##Propose The Example Act
This act will require senators to format their legislation properly.

And here's an example of how to sponsor something.

quote:

##Sponsor The Example Act

And if you change your mind:

quote:

##Unsponsor The Example Act

Of course, debate and discussion beyond just votes is encouraged-- you probably should explain why you're sponsoring or unsponsoring or proposing something in your posts too. But make sure to put that stuff in posts that are actual proposals in votes in additions to your paragraphs and paragraphs of Senatorial roleplaying.

: Finally: Creeping factionalism is threatening to overwhelm the Senate with gridlock and leave a huge swath of the Senate languishing in parties that can never hope to win control of the legislature. I am therefore making some sweeping changes to the party system established by Alexios I Komnenos.

: The following shall be known as the Major Parties:

The Old Romans

The New Byzantines

The Milvians

The Komnenians

And a new party:

The Discordians— a grouping of assorted malcontents, heretics, heathens, republicans, populists, and others who feel ill-served by the other four major parties. Since clearly nothing will go wrong from encouraging extremists to associate with one another.

: All other parties will be dissolved. (:siren: Members of these minor parties can continue to participate in sponsoring legislation, debating, etc. and are still senators with full voting privileges in this legislative session with all the privileges and voting powers that anybody else who's not in the ruling New Byzantine Party has. :siren:)

: Senators can still create minor parties-- or even re-create the ones that were just dissolved-- but all minor parties must be affiliated with a major party (I.E., the New Byzantines, Old Romans, Komnenians, Milvians, or Discordians).

: Cross-party coalitions will continue to work like they always have.

Empress Theonora fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 12, 2014

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Steppes and Republics

New Byzantines

Steppes and Republics throws their lot in with the New Byzantines.

## Propose the Nova Mediterrenian Act

This act was propose a few votes ago a I wish to have it examined again.

The Nova Mediterrenian act is to conquer the Entirety of the Black Sea Coast.

Blackunknown fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 12, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Unitas will be associated with the Discordians. God help me.

##Sponsor The Nova Mediterranean Act

Georgia has been occupied by Hashimid filth for too long.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 12, 2014

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Also, if anybody has any questions about the current state of the game (or what is or is not possible to do in CK2) as they try to hammer out legislation I'll be happy to answer them.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Does the mod you're using change culture conversion in any way? I like being the biggest dick in the Senate, but my argument came from a gameplay standpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The People

Nice to see the people are as unrepresented as usual. Looks like we put our faith in the wrong Empress. :colbert:

• Locked thread