Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-BOX
Feb 7, 2010

by Debbie Metallica

Blinkz0rz posted:

The floating page navigator just disappeared today even though the box in settings is still checked. Can anyone else replicate?

Here's a pic:

It also disappeared for me yesterday, although I had assumed it was something to do with my netbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

C-BOX posted:

It also disappeared for me yesterday, although I had assumed it was something to do with my netbook.

It's vanished here too - the latest update has added some fancy CSS property which moves it below the visible part of your browser - I've sent a pull request to Master Odin with a fix.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

JingleBells posted:

It's vanished here too - the latest update has added some fancy CSS property which moves it below the visible part of your browser - I've sent a pull request to Master Odin with a fix.
It's more like fancy CSS property which messes up the transition! Which wasn't the right fancy CSS property I meant to add! Issue should be fixed (in that there was no page navigator), but still have no idea about the flickering.

Would like people to report OS and laptop model if it occurs to see if I can narrow things down a bit.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
The navigator is back, thanks!

TheBandOffice
Nov 4, 2009
Nav is back and no longer flickering. Thanks!

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Still only seeing navigator at the thread/forum browsing level, as soon as I go to a thread its replaced by the default page navigator that doesn't even have the +/- last 3. It's visible for a second while the thread is loading and is then replaced.

SALR Configuration

Key Value
setting['MouseActiveContext'] = "false"
setting['bottomNavBar'] = "true"
setting['boxQuotes'] = "false"
setting['collapseTldrQuotes'] = "false"
setting['darkNewReplies'] = "#99cc99"
setting['darkRead'] = "#6699cc"
setting['displayConfigureSalr'] = "true"
setting['displayCustomButtons'] = "true"
setting['displayNewPostsFirst'] = "true"
setting['displayNewPostsFirstForum'] = "true"
setting['displayNewPostsFirstUCP'] = "true"
setting['displayOmnibarIcon'] = "true"
setting['displayPageNavigator'] = "true"
setting['dontReplaceLinkImage'] = "false"
setting['dontReplaceLinkNWS'] = "false"
setting['dontReplaceLinkRead'] = "false"
setting['dontReplaceLinkSpoiler'] = "false"
setting['embedVideo'] = "false"
setting['enableKeyboardShortcuts'] = "false"
setting['enableMouseGestures'] = "false"
setting['enableMouseMenu'] = "true"
setting['enableMouseUpUCP'] = "false"
setting['enableQuickReply'] = "true"
setting['enableSOAPLink'] = "true"
setting['enableSinglePost'] = "true"
setting['enableThreadNotes'] = "false"
setting['enableUserNotes'] = "false"
setting['fixCancer'] = "true"
setting['hideAdvertisements'] = "true"
setting['hidePostButtonInThread'] = "false"
setting['highlightAdminColor'] = "#ff7256"
setting['highlightFriends'] = "false"
setting['highlightFriendsColor'] = "#f2babb"
setting['highlightModAdmin'] = "true"
setting['highlightModAdminUsername'] = "false"
setting['highlightModeratorColor'] = "#b4eeb4"
setting['highlightOP'] = "true"
setting['highlightOPColor'] = "#fff2aa"
setting['highlightOwnQuotes'] = "true"
setting['highlightOwnUsername'] = "true"
setting['highlightSelf'] = "true"
setting['highlightSelfColor'] = "#f2babb"
setting['highlightThread'] = "true"
setting['hightlightThread'] = "false"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStarGold'] = "false"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStarRed'] = "false"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStarYellow'] = "false"
setting['inlinePostCounts'] = "true"
setting['inlineVideo'] = "false"
setting['lightNewReplies'] = "#ccffcc"
setting['lightRead'] = "#99ccff"
setting['openAllUnreadLink'] = "true"
setting['postsPerPage'] = "40"
setting['qneProtection'] = "false"
setting['quickReplyBookmark'] = "false"
setting['quickReplyDisableSmilies'] = "false"
setting['quickReplyEmotes'] = "true"
setting['quickReplyFormat'] = "true"
setting['quickReplyLivePreview'] = "false"
setting['quickReplyParseUrls'] = "true"
setting['quickReplySignature'] = "false"
setting['replaceImagesLink'] = "false"
setting['replaceImagesReadOnly'] = "false"
setting['replaceImagesWithLinks'] = "false"
setting['replaceLinksWithImages'] = "false"
setting['restrictImageSize'] = "false"
setting['retinaImages'] = "false"
setting['salrInitialized'] = "true"
setting['salrLogoHide'] = "false"
setting['searchThreadHide'] = "false"
setting['showEditBookmarks'] = "false"
setting['showLastThreePages'] = "true"
setting['showLastThreePagesForum'] = "true"
setting['showLastThreePagesThread'] = "true"
setting['showLastThreePagesUCP'] = "true"
setting['showNavigation'] = "true"
setting['showPurchases'] = "false"
setting['showUserAvatar'] = "true"
setting['showUserAvatarImage'] = "true"
setting['threadCaching'] = "false"
setting['topForumRules'] = "true"
setting['topGloryhole'] = "true"
setting['topLepersColony'] = "true"
setting['topLogout'] = "true"
setting['topNavBar'] = "true"
setting['topPrivMsgs'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseAcc'] = "false"
setting['topPurchaseArchives'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseAva'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseBannerAd'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseEmoticon'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseGiftCert'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseNoAds'] = "true"
setting['topPurchasePlat'] = "false"
setting['topPurchaseSticky'] = "true"
setting['topPurchaseUsername'] = "true"
setting['topSAForums'] = "true"
setting['topSALink'] = "true"
setting['topSaclopedia'] = "true"
setting['topSearch'] = "true"
setting['topSupport'] = "true"
setting['topUserCP'] = "true"
setting['userQuote'] = "#a2cd5a"
setting['username'] = "madpanda"
setting['usernameCase'] = "false"
setting['usernameHighlight'] = "#9933ff"
setting['whoPostedHide'] = "false"
setting['youtubeHighlight'] = "#ff00ff"

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

TheBandOffice posted:

Nav is back and no longer flickering. Thanks!
Yes! My CSS changes worked properly. :woop:

madpanda posted:

Still only seeing navigator at the thread/forum browsing level, as soon as I go to a thread its replaced by the default page navigator that doesn't even have the +/- last 3. It's visible for a second while the thread is loading and is then replaced.

<snip>
Do you see any javascript errors in the console (Options -> Tools -> Javascript Console) and so it looks like it'll work properly, and then the page navigator will disappear and the +/- 3 will go away as well or that will never appear?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
e: wrong thread

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 5, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

the +/-'3 never appear.

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

Failed to load resource http://edge.quantserve.com/quant.js?_=138888
Failed to load resource http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js?_=138888

Failed to load resource http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/25/7b/00112256.0001.jpg
Resource interpreted as Font but transferred with MIME type text/plain: "chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/fonts/GothamSSm-Medium.otf". filing_tools.html:1
Resource interpreted as Font but transferred with MIME type text/plain: "chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/fonts/GothamSSm-Bold.otf". email_sharing.html:1
Resource interpreted as Font but transferred with MIME type text/plain: "chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/fonts/GothamSSm-Book.otf". global_tools.html:1
XHR finished loading: "http://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=424006984". jquery.js:6
GET http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/25/7b/00112256.0001.jpg jquery.js:5

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

What's the actual setting supposed to be on:

Image Resizing
-Restrict Size of Images

Because it does not appear to be working for me. I get linked images converted to images and turned into table-breaking behemoths (and then of course quoted 18 times on a page)

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Pleads posted:

What's the actual setting supposed to be on:

Image Resizing
-Restrict Size of Images

Because it does not appear to be working for me. I get linked images converted to images and turned into table-breaking behemoths (and then of course quoted 18 times on a page)
It restricts it to a max of 800px width. I can allow a setting to change this number to be whatever you want technically pretty easily if that's what you're asking for (and just have it default at 800px).

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

It restricts it to a max of 800px width. I can allow a setting to change this number to be whatever you want technically pretty easily if that's what you're asking for (and just have it default at 800px).
That would be awesome since for a Mavericks-specific reason I'm having issues with oversized images.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

That would be awesome since for a Mavericks-specific reason I'm having issues with oversized images.

(It compares an image's height against its width and chooses whichever is larger to limit the picture by. This is for example useful in the MS Paint of mods thread in GBS where there's a 487x1500 picture, so I'm figuring if people wanted to force shrink images, that probably means horizontally as well. I'm going to include the option of putting the number 0 in to have it ignore blocking that particular dimension. (so you could just limit by width/height)
:)

This won't be out for a bit as my current build as some amount of unfinished code inside of it to bring back the "show what thread I posted in" feature that I disabled a while ago due to it not working and me not wanting to fixing it (as it didn't really work as well as I would have hoped it would).

Additionally, I'm going to look into a fix for something that was reported in the firefox SALR thread for people:

Schizophrenic Orb posted:

This is a forums bug, but it can be easily fixed with SALR probably.

When someone posts an image from imgur, if the image url ends with certain letters (I believe s, l, and m at least, there might be others), the forums remove the last letter, breaking the image url. It creates a timg (which points to the correct url) and the timg is also a link to the image (with a now incorrect url). When SALR automatically expands timg'd images, it points to the broken url instead of the correct timg url.

An example is here.

Is it possible to make it so SALR notices the discrepancy between the timg and the url, and display the correct, non-broken image?

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 14, 2014

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Do user notes work for anyone else? If so, how can I clean my SALR data, in hopes that it'll fix user notes?

syscall girl posted:

They haven't worked for me in a long time. I can see the old ones I made but I can't alter them or make new ones.

Yeah, same with me. I guess it's a problem with an update of the extension itself then, rather than just some corrupted file somewhere.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 13, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Megaspel posted:

Do user notes work for anyone else? If so, how can I clean my SALR data, in hopes that it'll fix user notes?

They haven't worked for me in a long time. I can see the old ones I made but I can't alter them or make new ones.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
They are working fine for me.

Chrome: Version 32.0.1700.72 beta-m
SALR: 2.0.10.1

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Flagrama posted:

They are working fine for me.

Chrome: Version 32.0.1700.72 beta-m
SALR: 2.0.10.1
Are you logged into Chrome?

For the people that it doesn't work on, if you could report your chrome version and whether or not you're logged in, that would be helpful in trying to narrow things down.

New version incoming later today. Re-introduces some sweet features!

Changelog posted:

### v2.1.0 (1/14/2013)

+ Reintroduced broken indicator for threads posted in. (This colors the post count of threads posted in yellow. This only applies to new posts in on-going threads and not just being the OP of a thread (as there's no way to test that))
+ Allowed users to specify maximum dimensions when restricting image size
* Fixed right "Top" button not being on any page, not just when page navigator was visible.
* Fix imgur links to larger sizes of imgur images posted on the forums being broken
+ Add setting to remove report button on own posts

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 14, 2014

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'm logged in and on 32.0.1700.76 beta-m, but it still wasn't working when I was on the stable build.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I am signed into build
Version 32.0.1700.76 m
User notes load probably 20% of the time? I created a clean profile, no change.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
I'll try throwing some debug info into the build I release to try and narrow things down as I'm not sure why it wouldn't be loading at all. The way Chrome.sync works is that it attempts to go to google account, and if that fails, it resorts back to just using the default local storage.

And it's not like you guys see any errors or something in Options -> Tools -> Javascript Console right? (ignore the stuff like "Failed to load resource" and that something is deprecated. Those aren't the cause of it.)

Even better, would someone be willing to upload files and stuff and try some debug stuff for me? It would involve having to upload files to hidden folder (AppData for windows and Library for Mac I believe) and restarting chrome after uploading said file and telling me what you see in the debug. PM me if you'd be willing as this is something I'm not sure how to replicate at the moment. Like I need to check to see if things are being written properly to settings, etc. and maybe you guys are getting chrome sync errors, I have no idea!

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 15, 2014

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, yeah, I'm on my work laptop so no I'm not logged in.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I've been trying out the resize images option just to see if it would solve my problem (it does) but I've found that it doesn't always work. Mainly in the YOSPOS pics thread where there are a lot of oversized pictures I find that there will be some oversized pictures long after the thread has finished loading. Going back (which happens any time I have to scroll the screen over to see the entire the image then back to full left) and then returning to the page finds the image resized properly.

It seems to be fairly inconsistent as to whether the images are resized or not but always returning to the page results in all images resized.

Perhaps the image size check is being run and completed before all images on an image-heavy thread are fully loaded so they get skipped?

I'm willing to give any debugging data that might help.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

I've been trying out the resize images option just to see if it would solve my problem (it does) but I've found that it doesn't always work. Mainly in the YOSPOS pics thread where there are a lot of oversized pictures I find that there will be some oversized pictures long after the thread has finished loading. Going back (which happens any time I have to scroll the screen over to see the entire the image then back to full left) and then returning to the page finds the image resized properly.

It seems to be fairly inconsistent as to whether the images are resized or not but always returning to the page results in all images resized.

Perhaps the image size check is being run and completed before all images on an image-heavy thread are fully loaded so they get skipped?

I'm willing to give any debugging data that might help.
Thread link?

And it's very possible what you said is the cause of it. I mainly tested the feature against pages with a couple pictures so I'm not sure what happens when you throw a bunch of pictures up against it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Thread link?

And it's very possible what you said is the cause of it. I mainly tested the feature against pages with a couple pictures so I'm not sure what happens when you throw a bunch of pictures up against it.
Here you go.

One image I know it happened on was the one of Sonic on page 361.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

Here you go.

One image I know it happened on was the one of Sonic on page 361.
Yeah, this is somewhat a limitation of the way Chrome extensions work and the fix I guess would be to try and figure out a way to force inject after EVERYTHING is loaded as right now, SALR starts loading once the DOM content is loaded (basic HTML) and while the images are loading. If a page has a couple images, it's fine, but once you get to a page with a ton? All bets are off as SALR is loaded in at the same time. The reason you don't see it the second time you load a page is that the images are cached on your machine so loading them is super quick and beats SALR.

This will be a future consideration, but it's not something I would consider essential to fix over some of the more pressing issues.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

My quoted posts aren't being highlighted even though I have it ticked. Am I dumb? :(

Edit: turns out I am. Case insensitivity etc.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 27, 2014

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Since I've got a week break and potential free time, I've decided to finish up v2.1.0 release of SALR. I've also added an option to allow you guys to not use Chrome.storage.sync and just use localStorage (old method) for User Notes so anyone having issues can just use that and if that doesn't work, then something is completely broken on your google chrome installation. :v:

This will come with the ability to download the synced User notes (that hopefully exist?) with saved old user notes (that also hopefully exist) into your localStorage and then the extension will just use that. There'll be an additional button to go the reverse direction.

ETA is sometime this week

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 11, 2014

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
2.1.0 release. Several new features. Ability to go local with user notes (how it was previously done) for people that have issues with it. You can check what user notes are on sync and what are local by going to the bottom of the settings dump. Currently going from sync to local (or vice versa) completely overrides all notes for local (and sync resp.).

Changelog posted:

### v2.1.0 (3/11/2014)
+ Allow for use of localStorage (instead of Chrome.storage.sync) for User Notes
+ Reintroduced indicator for threads posted in
+ Allowed users to specify maximum dimensions when restricting image size
+ Add setting to remove report button on own posts
+ Add image tooltip popup for filename (credit to nskillen)
* Fixed right "Top" button not being on any page, not just when page navigator was visible.
* Fix imgur links to larger sizes of imgur images posted on the forums being broken
* Force image settings to only start acting once entire window is loaded, instead of potentially only some of the window

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Master_Odin posted:

2.1.0 release. Several new features. Ability to go local with user notes (how it was previously done) for people that have issues with it. You can check what user notes are on sync and what are local by going to the bottom of the settings dump. Currently going from sync to local (or vice versa) completely overrides all notes for local (and sync resp.).

The highlighting will only work on threads you post in going forward, right? Or at least, that's how it's lookin' now.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Teddybear posted:

The highlighting will only work on threads you post in going forward, right? Or at least, that's how it's lookin' now.
Yeah, as getting previous post history wasn't really a concern for the work it'd require. Just post in the threads you care about I guess! :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Quick reply seems to have been disabled despite enabling it in SALR, don't quite understand how. Unchecking/rechecking it doesn't work either.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

ewe2 posted:

Quick reply seems to have been disabled despite enabling it in SALR, don't quite understand how. Unchecking/rechecking it doesn't work either.
Settings dump (don't include the bit at the bottom about user notes!) and/or see if there's an error in javascript console (Options -> Tools -> Javascript Console)?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Console log

code:
Error in event handler for (unknown): Cannot read property '160590' of null
Stack trace: TypeError: Cannot read property '160590' of null
    at HTMLTableElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1625:28)
    at Function.x.extend.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:5347)
    at x.fn.x.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:1999)
    at SALR.displayUserNotes (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1623:26)
    at SALR.displayUserNotesLocal (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1588:10)
    at SALR.displayUserNotesHandler (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1535:14)
    at SALR.pageInit (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:129:22)
    at new SALR (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:37:10)
    at chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/background.js:42:23
    at Function.target.(anonymous function) (extensions::SafeBuiltins:19:14) 
Settings dump

code:
SALR Configuration

Key	Value
setting['MouseActiveContext'] = "false;"
setting['adjustAfterLoad'] = "true;"
setting['autoTLDR'] = "true;"
setting['bottomNavBar'] = "true;"
setting['boxQuotes'] = "true;"
setting['collapseTldrQuotes'] = "true;"
setting['darkNewReplies'] = "#99cc99;"
setting['darkRead'] = "#6699cc;"
setting['displayConfigureSalr'] = "true;"
setting['displayCustomButtons'] = "true;"
setting['displayNewPostsFirst'] = "true;"
setting['displayNewPostsFirstForum'] = "true;"
setting['displayNewPostsFirstUCP'] = "true;"
setting['displayOmnibarIcon'] = "false;"
setting['displayPageNavigator'] = "true;"
setting['dontReplaceLinkImage'] = "false;"
setting['dontReplaceLinkNWS'] = "false;"
setting['dontReplaceLinkRead'] = "false;"
setting['dontReplaceLinkSpoiler'] = "false;"
setting['embedVideo'] = "false;"
setting['enableKeyboardShortcuts'] = "false;"
setting['enableMouseGestures'] = "false;"
setting['enableMouseMenu'] = "true;"
setting['enableMouseUpUCP'] = "false;"
setting['enableQuickReply'] = "true;"
setting['enableSOAPLink'] = "true;"
setting['enableSinglePost'] = "true;"
setting['enableThreadNotes'] = "true;"
setting['enableUserNotes'] = "true;"
setting['enableUserNotesSync'] = "false;"
setting['fixCancer'] = "true;"
setting['fixImgurLinks'] = "true;"
setting['fixTimg'] = "true;"
setting['forceTimg'] = "false;"
setting['hideAdvertisements'] = "true;"
setting['hideHeaderLinks'] = "true;"
setting['hidePostButtonInThread'] = "false;"
setting['highlightAdminColor'] = "#ff7256;"
setting['highlightFriends'] = "false;"
setting['highlightFriendsColor'] = "#f2babb;"
setting['highlightModAdmin'] = "false;"
setting['highlightModAdminUsername'] = "false;"
setting['highlightModeratorColor'] = "#b4eeb4;"
setting['highlightOP'] = "true;"
setting['highlightOPColor'] = "#fff2aa;"
setting['highlightOwnQuotes'] = "true;"
setting['highlightOwnUsername'] = "false;"
setting['highlightSelf'] = "true;"
setting['highlightSelfColor'] = "#f2babb;"
setting['highlightThread'] = "true;"
setting['hightlightThread'] = "false;"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStar'] = ";"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStarGold'] = "false;"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStarRed'] = "false;"
setting['ignoreBookmarkStarYellow'] = "false;"
setting['inlinePostCounts'] = "true;"
setting['inlineVideo'] = "false;"
setting['lightNewReplies'] = "#ccffcc;"
setting['lightRead'] = "#99ccff;"
setting['openAllUnreadLink'] = "true;"
setting['postsPerPage'] = "default;"
setting['qneProtection'] = "true;"
setting['quickReplyBookmark'] = "true;"
setting['quickReplyDisableSmilies'] = "false;"
setting['quickReplyEmotes'] = "true;"
setting['quickReplyFormat'] = "true;"
setting['quickReplyLivePreview'] = "false;"
setting['quickReplyParseUrls'] = "true;"
setting['quickReplySignature'] = "false;"
setting['removeOwnReport'] = "true;"
setting['replaceImagesLink'] = "false;"
setting['replaceImagesReadOnly'] = "false;"
setting['replaceImagesWithLinks'] = "false;"
setting['replaceLinksWithImages'] = "false;"
setting['restrictImagePxH'] = "800;"
setting['restrictImagePxW'] = "800;"
setting['restrictImageSize'] = "false;"
setting['retinaImages'] = "false;"
setting['salrInitialized'] = "true;"
setting['salrLogoHide'] = "false;"
setting['searchThreadHide'] = "false;"
setting['setImageTooltip'] = "true;"
setting['setImageTooltipBlankOnly'] = "true;"
setting['setImageTooltipHideExtension'] = "true;"
setting['setImageTooltipHideSourceUrl'] = "true;"
setting['setImageTooltipSkipEmoticons'] = "true;"
setting['showEditBookmarks'] = "false;"
setting['showLastThreePages'] = "false;"
setting['showLastThreePagesForum'] = "true;"
setting['showLastThreePagesThread'] = "true;"
setting['showLastThreePagesUCP'] = "true;"
setting['showNavigation'] = "true;"
setting['showPurchases'] = "true;"
setting['showUserAvatar'] = "true;"
setting['showUserAvatarImage'] = "true;"
setting['threadCaching'] = "true;"
setting['topForumRules'] = "true;"
setting['topGloryhole'] = "true;"
setting['topLepersColony'] = "true;"
setting['topLogout'] = "true;"
setting['topNavBar'] = "true;"
setting['topPrivMsgs'] = "true;"
setting['topPurchaseAcc'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchaseArchives'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchaseAva'] = "true;"
setting['topPurchaseBannerAd'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchaseEmoticon'] = "true;"
setting['topPurchaseGiftCert'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchaseNoAds'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchasePlat'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchaseSticky'] = "false;"
setting['topPurchaseUsername'] = "true;"
setting['topSAForums'] = "true;"
setting['topSALink'] = "true;"
setting['topSaclopedia'] = "true;"
setting['topSearch'] = "true;"
setting['topSupport'] = "false;"
setting['topUserCP'] = "true;"
setting['userQuote'] = "#a2cd5a;"
setting['username'] = "ewe2;"
setting['usernameCase'] = "false;"
setting['usernameHighlight'] = "#9933ff;"
setting['whoPostedHide'] = "false;"
setting['youtubeHighlight'] = "#ff00ff;"

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 12, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Master_Odin posted:

Thank you. I switched to local and I can make new notes now. Also shows my old ones. I dunno what's borked with my sync but thanks. :tipshat:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
So couple questions:
1) have you used user notes in the past or did you just turn on the option?
2) This error remains as you navigate around the forums?

Basically, the issue is that "userNotesLocal" is set to a value of null, but for whatever reason, that isn't tripping the default values you should get. This means you try and pull a value from null and get an error and whatever comes next doesn't work (like Quick Reply). Need to fix whatever is wrong with your user notes before would be able to get Quick Reply to work. Posted a new build to chrome store that will at least print a couple more things into console for me to see. Once you see you have v2.1.0.1, post what it says in console for me please.

syscall girl posted:

Thank you. I switched to local and I can make new notes now. Also shows my old ones. I dunno what's borked with my sync but thanks. :tipshat:
Yeah, I have no idea why sync wasn't working but I guess this is best of both worlds.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 12, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Since the update, pages with pictures aren't re-anchoring properly after the pictures load.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Master_Odin posted:

So couple questions:
1) have you used user notes in the past or did you just turn on the option?
2) This error remains as you navigate around the forums?

Basically, the issue is that "userNotesLocal" is set to a value of null, but for whatever reason, that isn't tripping the default values you should get. This means you try and pull a value from null and get an error and whatever comes next doesn't work (like Quick Reply). Need to fix whatever is wrong with your user notes before would be able to get Quick Reply to work. Posted a new build to chrome store that will at least print a couple more things into console for me to see. Once you see you have v2.1.0.1, post what it says in console for me please.

Yeah, I have no idea why sync wasn't working but I guess this is best of both worlds.

1) Yes, I just toggled the option in case i wanted it. Basically to avoid any use of chrome sync because it's broken in current chrome builds.

2) Yes, the issue was across the forums.

The good news is that you seem to have fixed it, quick reply is going again. Thanks for the speedy response! Here's the console output:

code:
null salr.js:1597
used default notes salr.js:1611
Object
50339: Object
101547: Object
115838: Object
143511: Object
156041: Object
163390: Object
3882420: Object
__proto__: Object  salr.js:1616
what salr.js:1672
Also, the the thread notes bar at lower left is working and pops up a notes dialogue, so that's working too.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

hooah posted:

Since the update, pages with pictures aren't re-anchoring properly after the pictures load.
Do you have a good example of this? It presumably relates to how I fixed an earlier issue where not all images would be affected by certain SALR settings if the page had a ton of images, but I never noticed it not being re-anchored properly.

ewe2 posted:

1) Yes, I just toggled the option in case i wanted it. Basically to avoid any use of chrome sync because it's broken in current chrome builds.

2) Yes, the issue was across the forums.

The good news is that you seem to have fixed it, quick reply is going again. Thanks for the speedy response! Here's the console output:

code:
null salr.js:1597
used default notes salr.js:1611
Object
50339: Object
101547: Object
115838: Object
143511: Object
156041: Object
163390: Object
3882420: Object
__proto__: Object  salr.js:1616
what salr.js:1672
Also, the the thread notes bar at lower left is working and pops up a notes dialogue, so that's working too.
Sure, I totally changed something that wasn't just adding some debug messages. (I didn't! Really weird that it broke then fixed itself.)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ok hold the celebrations. For some reason, Quick reply works fine in THIS thread, when I went back to another thread, the problem returned, this is the console output

quote:

{"50339":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"},"101547":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"},"115838":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"},"143511":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"},"156041":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"},"163390":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"},"3882420":{"text":"SALR Developer","color":"#9933FF"}} salr.js:1597
used saved notes salr.js:1614
Object
salr.js:1616
Error in event handler for (unknown): Cannot read property 'href' of undefined
Stack trace: TypeError: Cannot read property 'href' of undefined
at HTMLTableElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1625:77)
at Function.x.extend.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:5347)
at x.fn.x.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:1999)
at SALR.displayUserNotes (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1624:26)
at SALR.displayUserNotesLocal (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1588:10)
at SALR.displayUserNotesHandler (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1535:14)
at SALR.pageInit (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:129:22)
at new SALR (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:37:10)
at chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/background.js:42:23
at Function.target.(anonymous function) (extensions::SafeBuiltins:19:14) showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3611893&perpage=40&pagenumber=36:1

I'll double-check by killing the tab and restarting and see if something needed clearing.

edit: no that's not it. And I'm noticing that several other threads I have bookmarked are fine and others arent. Both the thread notes bar and the page navigator typically disappear in affected threads, but I'm not sure what setting might be causing this.

edit: edit: I figured it out. The issue is being triggered by ignored posts. If i click on the link to unignore a post, the functionality returns. I tested removing a user from the ignore list and the thread page comes up properly. Tested it on a different thread with an ignored post, and its repeatable.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Master_Odin posted:

Do you have a good example of this? It presumably relates to how I fixed an earlier issue where not all images would be affected by certain SALR settings if the page had a ton of images, but I never noticed it not being re-anchored properly.

The PYF Funny Pictures thread is where I've noticed it in the last day or two.

• Locked thread