Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

They could also just trade him outright since no one will offer 2 1sts. They potentially have screwed themselves, leverage-wise, unless they start digging that same restructuring hole the Cowboys have.

they'll have to kick the can down the road just like the cowboys with the Byrd and Graham deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Jets need to bolster pass catchers, but they want to improve RBs too. #NYJ showing serious interest in Maurice Jones-Drew, per source.

He better apologize for that game a few years ago

All the best free agents are on defense, and there's a ton of WR and RB talent coming out of the draft, so naturally we'll go after offense in free agency and fill our defensive holes in the draft.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Vertical Lime posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Denver has emerged as the favorite to land former Dallas DE DeMarcus Ware, per league sources.

scary

I wish my favorite team took a note from the team they lost the AFC title game to and started surrounding their once in a generation elite QB with the best weapons poised to win a title with the 2-3 years left they have with him.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: San Francisco is trading a conditional draft pick to Miami for OT Jonathan Martin, per league sources.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Get the gently caress out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vertical Lime posted:

Filed to ESPN: Denver has emerged as the favorite to land former Dallas DE DeMarcus Ware, per league sources.

scary

Weren't they the favorite to land Jared Allen earlier?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jonathan Martin to SF. Need my popcorn!!!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Filed to ESPN: San Francisco is trading a conditional draft pick to Miami for OT Jonathan Martin, per league sources.

Not really a free agency move but OK.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Martin going to emerge as an all pro now

The Texans didn't tender fan favorite Bryan Braman :(

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

PantsFreeZone posted:

Hahahahaha. Enjoy that 49ers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

I think everyone predicted this, right? The most logical reunion anyway, and he can just be a backup/swing guy.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Unfortunately for Martin he already has a history of being abused by Aldon Smith.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Martin is very bad but the narrative tomorrow will be about how Harbaugh will mold him into a winner because the 49ers are a winning organization and blah blah blah

But he will still suck

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quest For Glory II posted:

I think everyone predicted this, right? The most logical reunion anyway, and he can just be a backup/swing guy.

He's a weak, awful turnstile. Maybe they need somebody to hand out Gatorade on the sideline.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

oh good, thank god we have a young stalwart left tackl-

Jared Veldheer is not a Raider. He is a Cardinal.

No yep still hurts. :suicide:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thanks for not signing any good DB's, Howie

Byrd to Saints what the gently caress how

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm still laughing that the Jaguars replaced Maurice Jones Drew with Toby Gerhart and gave him $4.5m guaranteed to start. That'll be. a thing

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

scary

Sweet. Get that gold Demarcus.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hahahahaha. Enjoy that 49ers.

He's not going to start and the picks the Niners are giving up for these trades are effectively worthless so I guess there's worse things they could be doing than taking fliers on reclamation projects of formerly highly regarded prospects? I dunno, it's weird and out of their established pattern. I wonder if the impetus for these moves is coming from Harbaugh or Baalke.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Ehud posted:

Weren't they the favorite to land Jared Allen earlier?

Mike Klis reported not long ago that Allen apparently isn't scheduled to meet with Denver (yet). So who the hell knows

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jim Harbaugh's Rescue Mission for Former Floridians

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

PantsFreeZone posted:

He's a weak, awful turnstile. Maybe they need somebody to hand out Gatorade on the sideline.

He'll be a backup, if he even makes the final 53. So pretty much that's what he'll be doing.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wonder if the impetus for these moves is coming from Harbaugh or Baalke.

Martin's pretty obviously a Harbaugh move. Baalke extending an olive branch, maybe.

e: It also means Adam Snyder is gone, so yay.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Good, take him, be reunited with your coach in what is a healthy environment, hopefully I will only have to hear about you once every four years if you last that long

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Was hoping he would end up on the Colts. I don't see why he can't be a solid backup guard or tackle, so not a bad trade for the Niners imho.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

So right now the Saints are chilling at least 3 million over the cap (7 if Graham wins his designation battle) Thats not counting the Sproles move or rookies

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
How the gently caress did New Orleans have 54 million to give to Byrd

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Nail Rat posted:

:iiam:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At first was feeling "why did Denver have to get Ware, dammit", am now at feeling "well, at least now Ware will get a ring"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets employee trolling fans on Twitter. lol

@eallenjets
The latest. Toby Gerhart just agreed to terms with J-Ville. Time to get the Jameson out. Who is losing it on this one?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Fully expect the Seahawks to sign Incognito as a counter to the Martin trade, now. Also, that they'll convert him to DT.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Eltoasto posted:

Was hoping he would end up on the Colts. I don't see why he can't be a solid backup guard or tackle, so not a bad trade for the Niners imho.

Because he's a pussy who's ruining the game of football or so I'm told

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I guess the saints are going to continue gutting their offense and go fully into the hard nosed defense thing, I guess. It is where all the young talent is at.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nail Rat posted:

We'll cut a bunch of players, reinstate ironman football.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Real sad to see Verner go, especially for that deal. Guess the coaches really have faith in Sensabaugh and Bleidi-Wilson. Titans should have kept him for that dirt cheap price. Bucs got a great player and an even better man.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Basically by violating the salary cap. It doesn't matter though, even if they lose next year's first (they wont because they can screw around with Brees' contract to get under, I'm sure) is there any doubt that Byrd is worth it?

I am starting to feel like the Saints are going to be outright godawful in 3-4 years though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I guess the saints are going to continue gutting their offense and go fully into the hard nosed defense thing, I guess. It is where all the young talent is at.
Drew Brees traded back to San Diego

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Silly Burrito posted:

We'll cut a bunch of players, reinstate ironman football.

Drew Bees, strong safety.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

smuggler posted:

Basically by violating the salary cap. It doesn't matter though, even if they lose next year's first (they wont because they can screw around with Brees' contract to get under, I'm sure) is there any doubt that Byrd is worth it?

I am starting to feel like the Saints are going to be outright godawful in 3-4 years though.

Well yeah, when Brees goes, there we go. Win now, baby.

Nail Rat posted:

Drew Bees, strong safety.

Someone's got to be the kicker.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hope Martin kills it in San Fran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've been banging the Martin-to-Niners drum for a while now. Harbs loves his reclamation projects.

And he's not Adam Snyder, so there's that.

• Locked thread