Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Joe Morgan is visiting the Chiefs, and not even the ESPN Joe Morgan that takes 3 minutes to finish a sentence but the really fast Saints guy

e: His only real claim to fame is being fast, one year he had 10 catches for 379 yards which would have taken Dexter McCluster 40 receptions to match

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eltoasto posted:

Was hoping he would end up on the Colts. I don't see why he can't be a solid backup guard or tackle, so not a bad trade for the Niners imho.

The reasons are that he can't block, has very little strength and moves like a dead hooker.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Bengals resigned Taylor Mays. Sure

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quest For Glory II posted:

Joe Morgan is visiting the Chiefs, and not even the ESPN Joe Morgan that takes 3 minutes to finish a sentence but the really fast Saints guy

e: His only real claim to fame is being fast, one year he had 10 catches for 379 yards

He looked really promising before getting hurt last year. Hope he comes back, but I'll understand if he doesn't.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
‏@AdamSchefter 27m

While Denver focuses on DeMarcus Ware…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Homestar Runner posted:

‏@AdamSchefter 27m

While Denver focuses on DeMarcus Ware…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.

I would be happy with that

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Dude, don't sign with the loving Bears, Jared.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

smuggler posted:

Dude, don't sign with the loving Bears, Jared.

NFC North incest is the best

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So are the Seahawks just going to be 50 pass rushers, Russell Wilson, Beast Mode and Percy Harvin?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

He looked really promising before getting hurt last year. Hope he comes back, but I'll understand if he doesn't.
Yeah I'm pretty sure there are exactly 0 Saints free agents that are capable of coming back right now in their current circumstance

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Spoeank posted:

So are the Seahawks just going to be 50 pass rushers, Russell Wilson, Beast Mode and Percy Harvin?

What else do they need?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Schwack posted:

What else do they need?

Richie Incognito :v:

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Assuming that the Saints actually are over the cap right now, which is hardly a leap in logic, any contracts they attempt to file witht the league will be bounced back as invalid. You will probably be hearing about a Brees restructuring tomorrow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

All the best free agents are on defense, and there's a ton of WR and RB talent coming out of the draft, so naturally we'll go after offense in free agency and fill our defensive holes in the draft.

This is a loving joke. An old done RB with a name? Thats what this fool Idzik is going to sign after 10 players that would've filled big holes on the team come off the board? What a clownshow they are running in Florham Park. They probably think they are a playoff team as is cause they beat the Browns and Dolphins in december.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Forget about Allen, sign Wotton

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I want the Lions to sign Allen and cut him after the preseason.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
Yeah, gotta say, I would MUCH rather trade for one of the Eagles' surplus rushers than sign Allen. Allen and Brandon Graham would probably give you the same like 7.5 sacks next season, and at least Graham's young, cheap, and has upside.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

e: Nevermind, I see there's a tracker in the OP.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I can already tell its going to be another rough year to be a Patriots fan, theres been some seriously anemic moves so far in FA

Whatever, I guess we'll just be a perennial almost did well in the playoff team

E: I mean, at least we're still better than like the Bills or Lions or whatever, don't get me wrong. On paper, at least

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
I think I'd only like to have Allen if he came super cheap.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears are expecting Allen to take a discount because he'll have two opportunities to just sack whatever piece of poo poo quarterback the Vikings put out there like he's been fantasizing to do after having to watch them attempt to pass.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Conquistador posted:

I can already tell its going to be another rough year to be a Patriots fan, theres been some seriously anemic moves so far in FA

Yeah I guess in your case lost season red text would be an improvement.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

DupaDupa posted:

I think I'd only like to have Allen if he came super cheap.

Yeah, and even then I'd be skeptical. I mean, he'd be the epitome of a one-year rental, and the whole point is to rebuild the defense. If they sign him there'll just be another hole on the d-line next offseason.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

defiantgiant posted:

Yeah, gotta say, I would MUCH rather trade for one of the Eagles' surplus rushers than sign Allen. Allen and Brandon Graham would probably give you the same like 7.5 sacks next season, and at least Graham's young, cheap, and has upside.

We have a surplus of rushers? Where?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Conquistador posted:

E: I mean, at least we're still better than like the Bills or Lions or whatever, don't get me wrong. On paper, at least

It's never a tough year when you're in the same division as three teams who haven't had a clue what they are doing in 15 years.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Homestar Runner posted:

‏@AdamSchefter 27m
…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.
More good Vikings players? :hawksin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Conquistador posted:

Do you know how much teams and fans would loving love to have their team lose in the conference championship game or Super Bowl every year since 2005?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

defiantgiant posted:

Yeah, and even then I'd be skeptical. I mean, he'd be the epitome of a one-year rental, and the whole point is to rebuild the defense. If they sign him there'll just be another hole on the d-line next offseason.

Yes, it would be another hole to fill next year, but it would atleast get filled for this year and let them focus on a different spot in the draft

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Well, the entire NFC South got better on paper save Carolina today in very big ways. This is gonna be an interesting year in the NFC South.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

It's never a tough year when you're in the same division as three teams who haven't had a clue what they are doing in 15 years.

Yeah, we had two pretty prominent losses to the Giants that are hard to forget, so I'd say we're pretty much in the same boat as the rest of the division.

E: This isn't counting innumerable early exits in the playoffs

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 12, 2014

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

defiantgiant posted:

I guess if you think Cornelius Washington or David Bass or a mid to late round pick could develop into a decent starter its not an awful move? Idk I like the idea in concept of signing Allen but it doesnt seem practical.

I for sure thought that Allen would go to Atlanta.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Why not take that money and spend it on A loving SAFETY IT'S BEEN LIKE 10 YEARS SINCE MIKE BROWN RETIRED

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Whip Slagcheek posted:

We have a surplus of rushers? Where?
Yeah I was gonna say, pass rusher is one of the Eagles top draft needs. I'm still surprised Cole is here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sweeney Tom posted:

Do you know how much teams and fans would loving love to have their team lose in the conference championship game or Super Bowl every year since 2005?

Sweeney you should be better than falling for that.

In a weird way I'm ok with Ware going to Denver, I didn't want to have to hate Jared Allen even though he's probably easier to handle over the next year or two at this point.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I WONDER WHAT RAIDERS FREE AGENT SIGNINGS HAPPENED TODAY...

:suicide:

holy poo poo I didn't think I could hate my team this much but not watch them play

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

LEGO Genetics posted:

I WONDER WHAT RAIDERS FREE AGENT SIGNINGS HAPPENED TODAY...

:suicide:

holy poo poo I didn't think I could hate my team this much but not watch them play

Hey, guys like Rodger Saffold don't just grow on trees, you gotta lock that poo poo down

But I feel like they might have forgotten somebody...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The autumn wind is a pirate.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, pass rusher is one of the Eagles top draft needs. I'm still surprised Cole is here.

Come back, Jason Babin. You crazy diamond. :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have a feeling the Texans are going to let most if not all of their FAs walk, sign some minimum salary level talent, and completely tank next season :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Of course the Bengals play the NFC:S this year...

• Locked thread