Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kalli posted:

How are they cheap? They've spent to the cap every year for forever.

They didn't want to pay Welker what he was worth, they rarely go after actual weapons for Tom Brady and they don't usually pay top dollar for Free Agents. Maybe cheap isn't the right word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wandler20 posted:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 15s
Donald Brown's deal with Chargers is Gerhart-esque -- three years, $10.5 million, $4 million guaranteed, per source.
At least Brown is getting a time-share with a running back who has made it beyond the line of scrimmage now

Also the Jets haven't signed Michael Vick yet because he wants starting QB guaranteed money

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Donald Brown will be confused in San Diego because his quarterback won't be constantly swearing at him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quest For Glory II posted:

Anyone else notice that literally no team has shown interest in Eric Decker yet after all the talk of "HE'LL GET $10M A YEAR"

Why do you think no team has shown interest?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I will be pretty mad if Revis signs with the Patriots. Jets have all the money in the world and they're just letting the talent walk on by. I'd hate to get rid of the absurd get-player-at-all-cost mindset of Tannenbaum only to go to the opposite extreme with John Idzik.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

How are they cheap? They've spent to the cap every year for forever.

Yeah but they generally don't sign/take huge contracts on.

Brady being the obvious exception.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Spoeank posted:

The one dude Niners and Ravens fans can agree on.

Steve Young was loving awesome.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Conquistador posted:

Wow, I just saw that thing about Talib. Well, I'm going to go ahead and say no great loss. Decent talent but never liked his attitude or his effort to be honest. He wasn't the worst but he didn't really fit my ideal of the Patriot Way

lol jesus christ this post is literally sasflowchart.jpg and :patssay: in one glorious chowder.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Steve Young was loving awesome.

Elvis Grbac, sexiest man in the NFL :getin:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Conquistador posted:

Wow, I just saw that thing about Talib. Well, I'm going to go ahead and say no great loss. Decent talent but never liked his attitude or his effort to be honest. He wasn't the worst but he didn't really fit my ideal of the Patriot Way

what are you

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

See I assumed he was serious and bad until I saw Patriot Way and capitalized at that, now I realize he's just trolling

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What kind of runner is Donald Brown?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Hard to say, especially after last year since "better than Trent Richardson" isn't really a glowing endorsement.

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
One day I will watch the Raiders not completely bungle a potentially promising offseason. One day...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

He did well this season with the Colts because he gets to the LoS fast and doesn't need a big hole to cut through. He is basically a smallish guy that makes one cut, doesn't really bounce around at all. The pros are that if he has a seam, he can get 8-9 yards when a lot of backs get 4-5. The cons are that he isn't going to create anything or push anyone over. Also he cannot pass block reliably. So if you have a line that can barely create gaps and can't hold them for long, he will excel like he did last year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

See I assumed he was serious and bad until I saw Patriot Way and capitalized at that, now I realize he's just trolling

Years ago I would have thought this, then I discovered team forums elsewhere and saw people who actually publicly used the phrase "Patriot Way" and called for Cassel and Mallett to start over Brady at times, and now I don't know who's trolling and who's not anymore.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Ozu posted:

lol jesus christ this post is literally sasflowchart.jpg and :patssay: in one glorious chowder.

It's Conquistador, obviously it's a bad post and a troll.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Intruder posted:

He is not trolling

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Well that Talib signing came out of nowhere :pwn:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So Schefter just said that the Broncos are the clear cut favorite to sign Ware. That's just scary.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Bengals, at the last second, offered Michael Johnson 7 million a year for 5 years but then the Bucs upped it again. drat, they really wanted him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

So Schefter just said that the Broncos are the clear cut favorite to sign Ware. That's just scary.

they've got like two, three years max until Peyton retires. All in.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How can they afford all these big-name signings?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah but they generally don't sign/take huge contracts on.

Brady being the obvious exception.

They aren't allergic to them, they've just generally not had the cap space for the past like 6 years due to home grown/traded players eating up tons of cap space. Over the past five years, they've generally had some combo of Moss, Wilfork, Welker and Mankins near $10m per eating up that prime free agent money. They have brought in two top cost free agents during Belichick's tenure, Adalius Thomas and Roosevelt Colvin, and neither of those exactly panned out.

That said, I think signing Revis is a bit unlikely considering the price attached and the purse strings of the other suitors.

Krackleburt
Aug 24, 2008
So, with the Talib signing...

quote:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m

Broncos' offer to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been pulled. He's gone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

They aren't paying anyone anything other than Peyton and Clady

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Krackleburt posted:

So, with the Talib signing...

That seems like a more likely target for the Pats than Revis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I really want the Chargers to sign a corner.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Am I just not remembering correctly but wasn't last years opening day of FA much more quiet?

All teams figured out that the cap went up by $10 million just before FA started, and GMs are throwing money around like drunken Edwardian aristocrats at a baccarat table.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

He is not trolling

I refuse to believe that anybody refers to "The Patriot Way" unironically around these parts

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They aren't paying anyone anything other than Peyton and Clady

When are miller and Thomas able to negotiate? Welker was cheap?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
:(
I really wanted Verner. Now we lost Talib. There's no way we outbid anyone else for Revis. This secondary is gonna suuuuuuck.

So, which Rutgers players are eligible for the draft?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Skip My Posts posted:

At the beggining of the day Denver had around 27 million in cap space. They have the room to sign the over the hill gang as long as they're at a "ringz" discount.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

When are miller and Thomas able to negotiate? Welker was cheap?

Welker was cheap as hell, and Thomas I believe is coming up next year. Miller in two years.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love Boston sports/Patriot twitter. Trader is trending. Again.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Yeah, their 7th and 9th ranked 2014 cap numbers are for their kicker and punter respectively. (Not counting either Ward or Talib, that is.)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yall getting upset at a dude who defended Aatrek, simmer down a bit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Welker was cheap as hell, and Thomas I believe is coming up next year. Miller in two years.

Welker has an 8 mil cap hit this year but yeah, Thomas and Miller are still on absurdly cheap rookie deals.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Okay got it. Thank you.

What do you guys think of swapping Whitner for Bethea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PantsFreeZone posted:

I love Boston sports/Patriot twitter. Trader is trending. Again.

Earlier today Mike Tanier was loving around with how dumb Free agency rumors are by fake tweeting about an imminent 3 team deal of Ryan Mallet Steve Smith and a 2nd round draft pick that some pats fans then went around crowing about as proof of Ryan Mallet's value.

:sigh:

• Locked thread