Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

That sorta poo poo kills me. Is it really that hard to tell the checkout person "oh I changed my mind about this, sorry"? Or just go put it back yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Basic decency seems to have been abandoned by gens Y and Z.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I will never understand Germans.

I think it's kind of brilliant. Trades a little on "the most interesting man in the world" meme, and the Rammstein sound?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
It's also full of poo poo tons of double entendres that are hilarious, since geil can also mean horny. And when he picks up the cat, he says either 'awesome cat' or 'horny pussy,' whichever way you want to translate it.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Well, I can expect that to be embedded in my head next time I go grocery shopping.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Is anyone in here comfortable speaking about Mole sauce? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518581&pagenumber=10#post426515343

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

I'd be pretty uncomfortable if I ever had to sauce a mole.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

pr0k posted:

Basic decency seems to have been abandoned by gens Y and Z.

Go take a nap grandpa you're getting grumpy.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

loll

pretty loving funny for a lidl commercial

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Kenning posted:

Go take a nap grandpa you're getting grumpy.

OUTTA MY YARRRRDDDDDD

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I was cooking for my brother tonight and we decided on Thom Kha Gai which is fine.

However, finding fresh Galangal is hard as gently caress so I went out of my way by about an hour or so to an asian supermarket (Wing Yip in Cricklewood, London goons) to get some as well as fish sauce and, quite aside from everything else, Lao Gan Mai.

I totally forgot to put the galangal into the soup. gently caress me :(

It was still really good and I won't tell my bro but god drat I hate when you just brainfart on something like that.

edit:

This is a great ad

NLJP fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 7, 2014

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Omakase-ing at Raku right now. Y'all are jelly.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

GrAviTy84 posted:

I hope you had the good sense to save room for Sweets Raku after. :colbert:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

GrAviTy84 posted:

A good decision.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
http://hiconsumption.com/2014/03/th...water-into-wine

The "Miracle Machine" crowdfunding project claims to make a device that turns water and yeast into wine in three days.

Will the final product make you a believer or will it make you curse heaven?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

http://hiconsumption.com/2014/03/th...water-into-wine

The "Miracle Machine" crowdfunding project claims to make a device that turns water and yeast into wine in three days.

Will the final product make you a believer or will it make you curse heaven?

To be fair, water, yeast AND grape juice concentrate PLUS "finishing powders".

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Crowdfunders 13:9

9 Lo, and Jesus said unto his disciples, "take the jugs of water, add this handy grape extract, yeast and special holy finishing powder,
10 and wait three days", and the disciples did as he asked.
11 And the saviour had turned water into lovely fermented juice that you could only drink if you'd already had a few.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
I photoed my NICSA entry on Sunday night. Last night and tonight, I blew my whole night in E/N.

I really don't want to type everything up at the very last second again, but I knew that's going to happen. I'm trapped. Even as just a lurker, E/N is bad for you.

E/N: Not Even Once

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Was it one of those train wreck threads? God those are so fascinating.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Eeyo posted:

Was it one of those train wreck threads? God those are so fascinating.

It was the best meltdown in such a long time.

Start here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615435
Then Abe challenged the OP in GBS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

It leaked into CC, but neonnoodle shut that down in record time.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

contrapants posted:

I photoed my NICSA entry on Sunday night. Last night and tonight, I blew my whole night in E/N.

I really don't want to type everything up at the very last second again, but I knew that's going to happen. I'm trapped. Even as just a lurker, E/N is bad for you.

E/N: Not Even Once

You have five days, dude! That's hardly the last minute.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Wroughtirony posted:

You have five days, dude! That's hardly the last minute.

The OP of that thread seems to have stopped posting, so five days is now more than enough time. I'm free of my E/N enthrallment.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

So, tell me about the food scene in Charlotte, NC.

Also the music scene, non-NASCAR racing scene, and property prices (important)

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So, tell me about NC property prices (important)

just move to atlanta let's be buds

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

mindphlux posted:

just move to atlanta let's be buds

Live it up in da dirty souf, yeeeah.

In all actuality I find this whole "well, there's job offers here, here, and here. Oh, I know we've just about made a decision but look a better offer just showed up over here" thing very bothersome. I'm trying very hard to keep us out of somewhere like Iowa or Albaquerque.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Did the poor-cooking thread get archived? I want to figure out how to do a good foundational grocery shop so I have enough non-perishable crap to scare a dinner out of my pantry with relative ease. I've been eating junk lately and want to stop.

edit: VVV Thanks! No idea how I didn't find it, I went through all the pages and even tried search. :downs:

Clavietika fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 13, 2014

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=53

e: no sweat, just saving myself from the temptation to start writing when dino already did it better'n I would

pr0k fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 13, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Live it up in da dirty souf, yeeeah.

In all actuality I find this whole "well, there's job offers here, here, and here. Oh, I know we've just about made a decision but look a better offer just showed up over here" thing very bothersome. I'm trying very hard to keep us out of somewhere like Iowa or Albaquerque.

Well at least with those other two you'd have fresh corn or fresh peppers?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Well at least with those other two you'd have fresh corn or fresh peppers?

We can grow anything we need to grow, so that's not a big deal. It's more that Iowa is terrible and ABQ is more in the middle of nowhere than where I live now. At least I can hop in the car and be at Lake Tahoe in half an hour or in San Francisco in 4.

Anyway, North Carolina is now officially on the list of places that might possibly be locations of a future Wigglesranch.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
NC was on my list too, but we've got the schools up here and I have kids now.

DC isn't the best for anything, but it has everything. Mountains to the west (ok hills by western standards.) Beach 3 hours east, skiing an hour north. Good food everywhere if you know how to look. Culture out the yingyang downtown. Just have to carefully plan where you want to be vs your commute. Also expensive as gently caress.

Anyway, I know jack about NC other than Raleigh was kind of a shithole 20 years ago. The smoky mountains are beautiful though.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Mr. Wiggles posted:

It's more that Iowa is terrible and ABQ is more in the middle of nowhere than where I live now. At least I can hop in the car and be at Lake Tahoe in half an hour or in San Francisco in 4.

You people near the coasts are loving weird about this stuff. Albuquerque has a population of half a million, and Lake Tahoe's is around 20,000. How is being half an hour away from a tiny city closer to civilization than living in a city of half a million? ABQ is also only a 6 hour drive from Denver or Phoenix.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

"6 hours from Phoenix" isn't exactly a selling point.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Mr. Wiggles posted:

We can grow anything we need to grow, so that's not a big deal. It's more that Iowa is terrible
Can you elaborate on what you find objectionable about my former home state? It's got good education, arable land, decent folk and gay marriage. What more could you want in a state?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

"6 hours from Phoenix" isn't exactly a selling point.
The green chiles are pretty tasty. I like the Frontier diner, too, it's pretty neat.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

bartolimu posted:

Can you elaborate on what you find objectionable about my former home state? It's got good education, arable land, decent folk and gay marriage. What more could you want in a state?

If you're looking for the exact opposite of this, you should certainly add Phoenix to your list! At least we have killer Mexican food and a fairly cheap standard of living!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

bartolimu posted:

Gotta be on the coast.

I've never been landlocked before and it terrifies me :ohdear:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Yeah, being too far from the ocean is a big deal. I'm as far now as I'd ever care to be. Also, my hobbies are racing cars and playing indie rock, neither of which are going to be possible in Iowa, as nice as the people there are.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Doh004 posted:

Gotta be on the coast.

I've never been landlocked before and it terrifies me :ohdear:

You're in luck, the entire eastern border of Iowa is water in the form of the Mississippi! There are some rivery things on the western side too, but none of them compete with a full mile of muddy goodness.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The food scene in Charlotte is...okay. I live in south Charlotte which is heavily hispanic and tend to gravitate more toward the ethnic local holes in the wall. They are hit or miss but usually pretty good. There's a tiny Vietnamese place I adore. Most food from the "acclaimed" restaurants I've had has been so-so and more focused on the experience than the food itself. I definitely wouldn't consider the town overall a dining destination but there's definitely some good eats here. Charlotte is a large city area-wise, too, so there's always a new place to try out.

The music scene in Charlotte is thriving and excellent. One of the smaller neighborhoods known as NoDa is a particular hotbed of live music of all types.

I enjoy motorsports of all types but here, it's basically NASCAR or nothing. There are a couple drag strips in the surrounding cities, but no really close road courses that I'm aware of.

Property prices are a crapshoot. It really depends on where you're looking. The area I work in known as South Park is full of multi-million dollar homes. If you're looking more in the burbs (but still in Charlotte proper), I've seen smallish (1200 sq ft) 3-BR homes for as low as $150k.

One thing I really do love about living here is the proximity to both the beach and the mountains. Asheville, NC is like Charlotte's smelly vegan hippy cousin with an even better music scene. Myrtle Beach (meh), Wilmington, Carolina Beach are only 3-4 hours away.

Would You Like To Know More? PM me.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

The Midniter posted:

The food scene in Charlotte is...okay. I live in south Charlotte which is heavily hispanic and tend to gravitate more toward the ethnic local holes in the wall. They are hit or miss but usually pretty good. There's a tiny Vietnamese place I adore. Most food from the "acclaimed" restaurants I've had has been so-so and more focused on the experience than the food itself. I definitely wouldn't consider the town overall a dining destination but there's definitely some good eats here. Charlotte is a large city area-wise, too, so there's always a new place to try out.

I'm going to a wedding near Greenboro, NC this summer. I don't get to the south much, so I'd like to get some good Carolina-style barbecue (any style will do though). We're flying into Charlotte I think? Any great barbecue joints between those?

edit: Googling seems to hint at Salisbury having the good poo poo. True?

Very Strange Things fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Very Strange Things posted:

I'm going to a wedding near Greenboro, NC this summer. I don't get to the south much, so I'd like to get some good Carolina-style barbecue (any style will do though). We're flying into Charlotte I think? Any great barbecue joints between those?

edit: Googling seems to hint at Salisbury having the good poo poo. True?

COLLEGE Q. poo poo, I literally grew up on that BBQ visiting my family. Chopped sandwiches, oh man. It's about 45 minutes from Greensboro, but that BBQ is for real. Right down the street from Catawba College, so you can't miss it.