Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
@AdamSchefter: Jets making strong push to sign Seahawks free-agent OT Breno Giacomini, who's on his way to visit team Wednesday.

TAKE HIM!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m

Revis agrees to deal with Pats, after oddly not receiving offers from any other team. Anonymous GM tells me "We never wanted Revis. What? Oh this? I fell down the stairs."

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Ordinaire posted:

I am still in shock over that Byrd signing. This team is going to be so hosed in the future, but once Brees leaves/retires it's going to be vintage lovely Saints football either way.

Replacing Brees will be an issue to be sure, but I wouldn't be too worried about the financial side of things. You might have 1-2 down years, but provided the owner (can't remember who the Saint's owner is) doesn't go back to how he was when he was considering moving the team you should be alright.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

That Which Squeaks posted:

God bless Talib. Hell of a player, no way I'd want him for that contract. Dude played well and got paid, no hard feelings.

Yup, good CB, got injured at the worst times, but overpaid, i think that's the most accurate description. But gently caress if it doesn't help the Broncos a lot, i can't believe they have so much cap room.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
@AdamSchefter: Jets making strong push to sign Seahawks free-agent OT Breno Giacomini, who's on his way to visit team Wednesday.

Ahh here come all the lovely Seahawks players! Isn't Idzik great!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Marketing New Brain posted:

I was going to write some snarky comment about how it is impossible to have a mediocre season and a second round playoff exit, but I'd just have twenty insufferable Seahawk fans screech 7-9 at me.
That season kicked rear end I don't know what you're talking about. By season I mean the 1 playoff win.

Edit: Well and Pete clearing out all the crap players... actually yeah that season ruled.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

TAKE HIM!!!

I know a lot of Seahawks fans on here hate him, but he actually really cleaned up his play this year after the first half of the season. He was getting much less penalties, and was generally holding his own on the right side. It could shake things up on the line if we let him walk.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tzen posted:

That season kicked rear end I don't know what you're talking about. By season I mean the 1 playoff win.

Kinda reminds me of when the opposite happened and we went 11-5 and didn't get poo poo :sigh:

E: Hate on the Pats or me all you want, but you have to admit that was utter garbage having Brady go down and then missing the playoffs after going 11-5 with your goddamn backup.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 12, 2014

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Austin Howard gets 5/30 from the Raiders ($15 mil guaranteed)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Vertical Lime posted:

The Raiders signed Austin Howard

gently caress yeah. Howard and Saffold are Great run blockers and it's obvious that Reggie is just trying to get the team back into the running game

Please let that be true, I'm creating my own reality at this point because the real one sucks

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 12, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

HappyHelmet posted:

I know a lot of Seahawks fans on here hate him, but he actually really cleaned up his play this year after the first half of the season. He was getting much less penalties, and was generally holding his own on the right side. It could shake things up on the line if we let him walk.

I don't care*, I hate his face. gently caress him and his eyebrows.

*I kinda care. It would create a chasm on the right side of the line.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I guess yay? I have a feeling Oakland is going to continue making some more insane unpredictable moves soon.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Paperback Writer posted:

I guess yay? I have a feeling Oakland is going to continue making some more insane unpredictable moves soon.

the spirit of Al lives on

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I'm just catching up (thanks on call). Talib to the Broncos, didn't see that coming.

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008
Talib is really good but that is a crazy overpay. Even if he's healthy (which he could be; health is pretty random) I don't think he's worth such a crazy contract. Makes me sad to know that Arrington etc will be taking a bigger role, but what can you do.

Don't be a Broncos fan after this year though. They really are all-in on the Peyton-or-bust game.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Quest For Glory II posted:

Some people are "get you breakfast" guys. Some people are "get me breakfast" guys. I've been saying it every day, said it to my wife yesterday. Guy in the mailroom shows up 2 minutes late every morning, leaves at about 4:45. I know it because I see him outside my window. He's a "get you breakfast" guy. And that's why he's still in the mailroom. Aqib Talib.. will not get you breakfast. Doesn't play by those rules. Thought he was excellent in New England. Great tackler. Works hard. Been telling my girlfriend this constantly. But at the end of the day, Aqib Talib will NOT get you breakfast. And that's why he's somewhere else right now.

Just made myself hungry. *wav file of chomp sound* I'll have to get some lunch after I call 1-800-Flowers dot com. Keyword Colin.

Jesus christ you need to warn people before you read from Cowherd's script.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Some people are "get you breakfast" guys. Some people are "get me breakfast" guys. I've been saying it every day, said it to my wife yesterday. Guy in the mailroom shows up 2 minutes late every morning, leaves at about 4:45. I know it because I see him outside my window. He's a "get you breakfast" guy. And that's why he's still in the mailroom. Aqib Talib.. will not get you breakfast. Doesn't play by those rules. Thought he was excellent in New England. Great tackler. Works hard. Been telling my girlfriend this constantly. But at the end of the day, Aqib Talib will NOT get you breakfast. And that's why he's somewhere else right now.

Just made myself hungry. *wav file of chomp sound* I'll have to get some lunch after I call 1-800-Flowers dot com. Keyword Colin.

Spot on

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Blitz7x posted:

gently caress yeah. Howard and Saffold are Great run blockers and it's obvious that Reggie is just trying to get the team back into the running game

Please let that be true, I'm creating my own reality at this point because the real one sucks

Unfortunately he lapsed and forgot about this plan when resigning DMC.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Dammit Donald to SD

@AdamSchefter 26m
Chargers agreed to terms on a three-year contract with former Indianapolis Colts RB Donald Brown, the team announced.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I did some research into the Colin Cowherd comparison and while I don't listen to him, I have to say he actually has a lot of good points. Namely re: salary cap, sports as a free market

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
No but seriously, what the hell are the Raiders doing

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dang, not sure why they need Brown with Matthews and Woodhead but he owns so welp.

We should have got him.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

TheBuckmister posted:

Talib is really good but that is a crazy overpay. Even if he's healthy (which he could be; health is pretty random) I don't think he's worth such a crazy contract. Makes me sad to know that Arrington etc will be taking a bigger role, but what can you do.

Don't be a Broncos fan after this year though. They really are all-in on the Peyton-or-bust game.

Absolutely. They are throwing in all the chips. They may not even get a ring out of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Making people feel bad that Al's gone

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Oh, good. Broncos got Talib.

Literally would have been okay with him signing anywhere else.

This just sucks, though I can't argue with it. That kind of money for him is insane.

G-Fresh
Nov 28, 2004

Who needs an offensive line when you have skill position players?

Vertical Lime posted:

The Raiders signed Austin Howard

He's supposed to be pretty decent, right?

Also, I wonder if they're really giving up on Menelik Watson a year after drafting him in the second round or if he's going to play guard.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Upgrading the offensive line in the most roundabout way possible

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

G-Fresh posted:

Also, I wonder if they're really giving up on Menelik Watson a year after drafting him in the second round or if he's going to play guard.

Watson will be our LT next season.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

"Man Denver sure has been making some moves. Lets see what the Chiefs have done in response."

Oh :smith:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

G-Fresh posted:

He's supposed to be pretty decent, right?

Sounds like they very well may have paid a guard LT money and will roll with
Watson-Saffold-Wisniewski-Barnes-Howard

G-Fresh
Nov 28, 2004

Who needs an offensive line when you have skill position players?

Toymachine posted:

Watson will be our LT next season.

I just read that. I like Watson, but considering he was considered raw coming out of college and was inconsistent at RT last year, I'm really hoping we don't draft a QB early this year, because there's a decent chance he'll die.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Don Brown is way cool.

Last time I'll say that :smith:

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

G-Fresh posted:

I just read that. I like Watson, but considering he was considered raw coming out of college and was inconsistent at RT last year, I'm really hoping we don't draft a QB early this year, because there's a decent chance he'll die.

Watson actually played LT at Florida State and did very well. It might be his better position.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did I miss anything?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hell.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Cam's job got a little harder

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Did I miss anything?

The NFC South is sending 3 teams to the playoffs next year and the Panthers are none of them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh cool are we crowning people in March now?

Where's all my Eagles Super Bowl hats....

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
IanKenyonNFL
The $765 mil in concussion settlement was to go towards 18,000+ former players. The $1 bil spent today? Under 100 current players.

:stare: God drat why did those idiots agree to that settlement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Winkie01 posted:

IanKenyonNFL
The $765 mil in concussion settlement was to go towards 18,000+ former players. The $1 bil spent today? Under 100 current players.

:stare: God drat why did those idiots agree to that settlement

Didn't a judge vacate the settlement?

• Locked thread