Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So what's gonna be his tipping point if not basically hearing that his input as the hero (a role he never asked for and has denied him his goal in life) is basically worthless and the deity who foisted it on him is in no way straight with him?

And Gigi mentioned on twitter about wanting to get to "that scene" so is it coming sooner rather than later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Probably learning something that makes the whole quest more pointless than it already is if they continue as they are. If he comes to the conclusion that he can't put a more permanent end to the cycle (since it's doubtful the one next in line or the Oracle is going to make sure the NK doesn't get summoned in the first place), it'll really put a damper on his worldview. He'll probably still go through with it if it means some semblance of safety in the end, though.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I think that Gigi even muted his colors in that last page. His hair seems washed out, as do his clothes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Cuco will join the Nightmare Knight and form Team gently caress This poo poo

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Cuco will join the Nightmare Knight and form Team gently caress This poo poo

At this point, I'm thoroughly convinced NK is on Team This poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

So what's gonna be his tipping point if not basically hearing that his input as the hero (a role he never asked for and has denied him his goal in life) is basically worthless and the deity who foisted it on him is in no way straight with him?

I don't think anything in particular will happen, just somebody (probably Nautilus since she's a big optimist and believes everything the Dream Oracle says) will keep mentioning how important his role is and he'll just snap.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I still want Cucumber to summon the Nightmare Knight as soon as he finishes gathering the Disaster Stones.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

And Gigi mentioned on twitter about wanting to get to "that scene" so is it coming sooner rather than later?

Don't read into her being excited for a scene as anything but her being perpetually excited by what she does.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

The Leper Colon V posted:

I can't be the only one who thought of this.

Yes I have an unhealthy obsession with The Protomen, how did you know?

I love this.

(Aside: Hard to believe The Protomen are going to be on the Vans Warped Tour, of all things.)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I feel like the Oracle has no idea what's going on either as opposed to her being some sort of manipulator. She's just saying what she has to in order to keep things moving forward.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Loving the composition in the last panel.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
They forgot to tell her about Mezzo. :smith:

EDIT:

Magypsy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 12, 2014

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ConanThe3rd posted:

At this point, I'm thoroughly convinced NK is on Team This poo poo.
I don't think he likes it any more than Cucumber does, though. He just doesn't see any ways out.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zereth posted:

I don't think he likes it any more than Cucumber does, though. He just doesn't see any ways out.

So Lord Genome then.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who is Mezzo?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
That big door face guy what got blown up.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

RandomPauI posted:

Who is Mezzo?

The gate between the two Melody Kingdoms

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't tell if Almond is concerned for Cuco or shaken herself, but either way it's disquieting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Probably both? She seemed pretty disturbed that the Brothers Master just gave up like that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

Loving the composition in the last panel.

It's so GOOD and I'm not sure why.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ConanThe3rd posted:

So Lord Genome then.
... Yeah, pretty much! My money's on them teaming up, possibly by Cuco turning around and re-summoning the Nightmare Knit right after defeating him. :kamina:

EDIT: poo poo, I wish I could draw now.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Look, we're very busy people who don't have time for epilogues, m'kay?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Huh, I thought I disliked her when I thought she was the mastermind but she's really pissing me off now.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I dunno, I'm getting vibes that the Dream Oracle is pretty much in the same situation as the Nightmare Knight, in that this is something she has to do and she's just going through the motions and trying to let it all get to her. Noisemaster coming so close to destroying Melody Kingdom, and being stopped by NK of all people, seems like it really threw her off and she's not happy about having to cover.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
She pushed Cucumber into this role. I have no sympathy.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
If she's being forced to go through the motions like Nightmare Knight may be, then she probably didn't have a choice in who she named as the hero. And if that's the case then her role must suck a lot - as a "good guy" people would have high expectations of her, so every time she has to do something shifty she looks especially bad.

She's probably just a jerk for real, though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Imagine this just started playing, then the Dream Oracle rudely cuts it off.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I was imagining this myself.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dr. Buttass posted:

I was imagining this myself.
God damnit that game was so full of charm. I almost never make it through most RPGs, yet I've played through the entirety of Paper Mario 2 and SMRPG multiple times.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Most people here are assuming that NK and the Oracle are being forced into their roles, but my question would be who (or what) is forcing them in the first place?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Most people here are assuming that NK and the Oracle are being forced into their roles, but my question would be who (or what) is forcing them in the first place?

Cabbage

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Please, we all know exactly who's the real villain behind these pawns.

Gigi D.G.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Let's discuss the true mastermind.

Let's talk about Bacon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
... Nah.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm wondering if the next comic is going to show something in the Noise Lair that she was trying to get them away from.

Bacon

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Just on the back wall the chapter epilogue is still going without them.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well, huh

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Well that is, um, what? :confused:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Uh well, that is certainly a thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Well that was completely unexpected!

EDIT: Oh my god, look at the URL at the bottom corner.