Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

That outside scene is some really rough green screening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Well the critics that got to see Cap 2 early are gushing about it.

And a clip of the scene where Cap is chasing Bu- I mean THE WINTER SOLDIER and throws his shield at him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUTeZVnd2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHndp2N7Nug

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 12, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

That outside scene is some really rough green screening.

I don't see it :confused:

Is Sebastian Stan signed on for any additional movies?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Any other Marvel vs. Capcom fans watch that trailer and keep thinking to themselves "CHARGING STAR! CHARGING STAR!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I don't see it :confused:

Is Sebastian Stan signed on for any additional movies?

They could inject some life into AoS and have him join the cast.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They could inject some life into AoS and have him join the cast.

Is he still on Once Upon a Time (in Wonderland)?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Is he still on Once Upon a Time (in Wonderland)?

He has not been on for a while.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although I believe they were talking about him getting his own spin off movie series after Winter Soldier.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is the Winter Soldier identity even a spoiler at this point? I know they haven't explicitly said who he was, but they're not really trying to hide it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Medullah posted:

Is the Winter Soldier identity even a spoiler at this point? I know they haven't explicitly said who he was, but they're not really trying to hide it.

I'd say...no.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Here's a question really none of us can answer, since we're all in the know, but I will ask it anyways.

In the first Cap movie, was his character significant enough that people will even remember who he is? To me, the movie just didn't sell him hard enough that the general populace would even think twice about him dying/not dying.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Comfortador posted:

In the first Cap movie, was his character significant enough that people will even remember who he is? To me, the movie just didn't sell him hard enough that the general populace would even think twice about him dying/not dying.
I think that unless you have watched the first Captain America recently, it's unlikely you'll remember - it's just been too long since that movie came out. They'll probably have some flashbacks and stuff to help out, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Comfortador posted:

Here's a question really none of us can answer, since we're all in the know, but I will ask it anyways.

If Stan was a bigger name, people would remember. I think that if they could go back in time and make the movie again, knowing that all the MCU/Avengers stuff would be a massive success, they'd probably go back and recast Bucky as someone more prominent. I'm not down on Stan at all, I think he's a good actor and he looks great as the Winter Soldier, but if they really want to sell the gutpunch reveal like when he got brought back in the original Winter Soldier run, they'd need someone the audience would remember.

{Full disclosure: I wasn't reading comics at the time so I don't know if it was a huge deal or not back then).

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

theflyingorc posted:

They'll probably have some flashbacks and stuff to help out, though.

While this is probably what they'll do, I'll say that's enough. poo poo, since this is Cap's solo outing, we can throw in how not being able to save Bucky has been eating at him for years actually months, since I think for him it's been pretty short between Bucky "dying", the end of CA1, waking up in 2012, and the events of Avengers. That's still a pretty fresh wound for Steve.

I mean really, pretty much everyone who posts here is a big enough fan of comics to assume that this was going to happen as soon as Cap didn't save the guy from falling. "Oh. Right there. Winter Soldier in the Cap sequel."

For your average Joe, a flashback should be enough to remind them.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think they're keeping the background of Falcon doing social work for veterans, so I bet they'll have Cap go into some exposition about his survivors guilt over Bucky in a support group or something to remind us of him.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

And a clip of the scene where Cap is chasing Bu- I mean THE WINTER SOLDIER and throws his shield at him:

Oh god I love how he just loving runs through those doors like they aren't there.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

I think they're keeping the background of Falcon doing social work for veterans, so I bet they'll have Cap go into some exposition about his survivors guilt over Bucky in a support group or something to remind us of him.

Just as long as they do not recon it to Falcon being a pimp and then the red skull turned him into social workers.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
I could see the Sinister Six movie being basically "Ocean's Eleven but with super powers" Just take your standard Heist movie and slot the villains into the appropriate roles: You got The Muscle, the Tech Genius, the...chinese acrobat...okay maybe I didn't think this through.

edit: Ooo maybe they steal Venom from OsCorp and it gets loose or something at the end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Premeditated Toast posted:

I could see the Sinister Six movie being basically "Ocean's Eleven but with super powers" Just take your standard Heist movie and slot the villains into the appropriate roles: You got The Muscle, the Tech Genius, the...chinese acrobat...okay maybe I didn't think this through.

I am sure Stan Lee created a super villian acrobat. The man loved his circuses.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I am sure Stan Lee created a super villian acrobat. The man loved his circuses.

FINALLY BATROC GETS HIS DUE!!!!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zoux posted:

Man it must be really weird to come to work one day and it looks like a loving rhino came flying in through a window and rampaged through the office before flying out the other end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

FINALLY BATROC GETS HIS DUE!!!!

He's in cap 2. Played by Georges St-Pierre at that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah and he looks kinda cool and not, you know, utterly loving ridiculous.

AnonSpore posted:

Man it must be really weird to come to work one day and it looks like a loving rhino came flying in through a window and rampaged through the office before flying out the other end.

Life in the Marvel universe. I can't understand why a single person lives in 616 Manhattan at this point.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

There's a new Daily Bugle tumblr post referencing a crime boss called "the Big Man". Because they can't use Kingpin it looks like this might be something else they take from the Spectacular cartoon and have Tombstone as the city's big crime lord in a future film

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Big Man was an actual distinct character that Kingpin killed, not Tombstone.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ In the cartoon he was.

Dacap posted:

There's a new Daily Bugle tumblr post referencing a crime boss called "the Big Man". Because they can't use Kingpin it looks like this might be something else they take from the Spectacular cartoon and have Tombstone as the city's big crime lord in a future film

There is also this guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Foswell

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 12, 2014

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Senor Candle posted:

Oh god I love how he just loving runs through those doors like they aren't there.

Finally showing just how strong and tough Cap is. It's beautiful. :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

^^ In the cartoon he was

I know, I'm just saying it's probably a reference to the source material and not an already-forgotten earlier adaptation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I know, I'm just saying it's probably a reference to the source material and not an already-forgotten earlier adaptation.

I would say its not forgotten when they are using it for characters origins.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

zoux posted:

This is loving hilarious.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

zoux posted:

I'd say...no.

Trying to figure out why he is wearing a glove on his metal hand.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Throwdown posted:

Probably so things don't slip out of his smooth metal fingers, or so he doesn't scratch the finish on his rifle.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

He does a lot of cooking on his own and doesn't want to drip machine-oil into his chowder

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Premeditated Toast posted:

I could see the Sinister Six movie being basically "Ocean's Eleven but with super powers"

As long as I get this scene reenacted with Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

AnonSpore posted:

Man it must be really weird to come to work one day and it looks like The loving Rhino came flying in through a window and rampaged through the office before flying out the other end.

im a little excited for this ABC special, but drat I just want more Agents of SHIELD.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 13, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Throwdown posted:

Probably because they had a hard time making a metal hand look right so they just cover it up most of the time with a glove.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Probably because they had a hard time making a metal hand look right so they just cover it up most of the time with a glove.
Army of Darkness perfected it 20 years ago. :colbert:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Pyronic posted:

im a little excited for this ABC special, but drat I just want more Agents of SHIELD.

Unless this is sarcasm, these are words I have never seen posted in these forums, in this order.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CzarChasm posted:

Unless this is sarcasm, these are words I have never seen posted in these forums, in this order.

The only possible explanation is that he is currently watching Doctor Doom attack his town and he literally wants SHIELD agents to come an assist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CzarChasm posted:

Perhaps it was a typo and he meant to write "I just want more from Agents of SHIELD."

• Locked thread