Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

mcvey posted:

We goonmanned on my old server during the GO beta iirc

Haha, yeah, I remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

mcvey posted:

We goonmanned on my old server during the GO beta iirc

Haha ask Dox

I don't think I played any matches with you lot prior to Goonmanning. I just remember a lot of random pubs and listen servers, and that ELGRUNTOX guy trying to get us to play Source and everyone laughing at him.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

You should be able to swap your pistol for an awp.

Deagle pre-nerf outshot the AWP in 100% of cases, which would be really nice to have again if they could make the deagle viable at range without making it the 2 shot spray wonder.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Deagle pre-nerf outshot the AWP in 100% of cases, which would be really nice to have again if they could make the deagle viable at range without making it the 2 shot spray wonder.

Release stat deagle was perfectly balanced.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
bring back the deagle patch

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Release the revolver already, fire for single action, alt fire for double action.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Swap them out for the sawed off and MAG7, pos guns. Why does a sawed off have a fuckhuge movement penalty and why does the semi auto magfed shottie have such low rof?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Where'd that hotfries guy go. If it wasn't for him on Wexford I would have got no kills back then.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cerepol posted:

Where'd that hotfries guy go. If it wasn't for him on Wexford I would have got no kills back then.

He's on all the time. It's me who has disappeared (¿Que Es Nachos?).

Nursing school can suck a dick :shepicide:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Really missing Train_Ve and Mirage_Ce, kinda mad that ESEA switched.

beeman
May 7, 2008

djfooboo posted:

I want to punch everyone who says "clip"

weird gun guy makes threat of violence, shocker

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

djfooboo posted:

He's on all the time. It's me who has disappeared (¿Que Es Nachos?).

Nursing school can suck a dick :shepicide:

How could I forget nachos :O

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

beeman posted:

weird gun guy makes threat of violence, shocker

I actually hate guns in real life. :iiam: I just have experience with them due to being in the military. Also, if you say gun you do pushups. Guns are for killing animals and target shooting, weapons are for killing humans.

/sperg

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Next up, bullets vs cartridges.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I prefer the term "murder bullet". This is for bullets that do 90 damage or more with helmet on only.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Yesterday I heard some pubbie going on about people actually paying money to "power-level" their accounts for matchmaking. This obviously sounds incredibly stupid but he literally made it sound like it was turning into an actual issue. Has anyone heard anything like this?

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Is it normal for people to rage when you smoke off upper B tunnels as CT? Cause some guy who kept buying a Bizon every round and trying to hold B with it flipped his poo poo when I did that last night. I thought that was a pretty standard play, especially where I'm at in Nova MM where the Ts will still pretty often rush right through it to get mowed down.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Do you think that people who hold valid opinions buy bizon every round in nova MM?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh gently caress, I just remembered that I almost had an ace but some rear end in a top hat finished off the last dude and got the kill credit.

Check the damage log... 99 in 2.

That motherfucker. :argh:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You should be smoking B tunnels every round as CT.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

hello internet posted:

Yesterday I heard some pubbie going on about people actually paying money to "power-level" their accounts for matchmaking. This obviously sounds incredibly stupid but he literally made it sound like it was turning into an actual issue. Has anyone heard anything like this?

Yeah it does happen, even some moderately famous cs players do it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Keep in mind people pay real dollars for virtual gun skins.

Of course this poo poo is going on. Nerds are awful with money.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

Do you think that people who hold valid opinions buy bizon every round in nova MM?

I mean, I'm used to whoever's on the bottom being the loudest telling everyone how to play all the time. It's just weird when the whole team agrees with him and says yeah, don't do that. Maybe I'm just insecure from sucking so much. Still worth the match though to listen to one guy complain nonstop for an entire half.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

hello internet posted:

Yeah it happens. There's a (former, now?) pro player in the UK called onscreen who used to let people pay him, and they'd be allowed into MM with him and his other pro buddies so they could get to global elite.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

astr0man posted:

You should be smoking B tunnels every round as CT.

Eh, if your midrange skills are good enough it's a source of easy picks on peekers if they don't rush it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'll boost pm me for deets

I offer flexible rates and group deals

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

mcvey posted:

Tired of playing with noobs? For just 1 one-time payment of 29.99 mcvey will take you all the way to the top of gold nova

Coleman
May 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

Does this payment plan include grenade lessons? Because if it does... your rates are too high.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

mcvey posted:

Maybe you should pay someone to boost the Capitals' playoff hopes instead

FellowAmerican
Oct 2, 2007
I'm too busy philosophizing to get up
While in some MG1 soloqueue yesterday, I had something new happen. My team was getting really hammered by the T's on Dust 2. Primarily, they were being carried by 1 guy in particular. He was making some pretty great plays, so as per the usual, my team began calling bullshit on him, saying to report him, etc etc. Now of course, this is something that I tend to hear every MM game when a player on the opposing team is doing exceedingly well.

The opposing team starts to talk a lot of poo poo, and at the half, they were in to it. Until their leader got a VAC ban for hacking early in the second. I didn't know that reporting a player could work so quickly. The tides turned, but the score was already run up so much that we ended up losing 16/14. Still, definitely interesting. And watching the demo, it became fairly obvious he was using walls.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The timing of the ban was just coincidental and had nothing to do with your reports.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Coleman posted:

Does this payment plan include grenade lessons? Because if it does... your rates are too high.
I'll show you the W5s of grenade throwing, it's up to you to put them into practice.

astr0man posted:

Maybe you should pay someone to boost the Capitals' playoff hopes instead
How much would it take to put a hit on Mike Green. Seeing him lazily float around live in person was maddening. I heckled him more than Crosby much to the amusement of the Pens fans surrounding us. Halak too. poo poo team is poo poo.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

FellowAmerican posted:

While in some MG1 soloqueue yesterday, I had something new happen. My team was getting really hammered by the T's on Dust 2. Primarily, they were being carried by 1 guy in particular. He was making some pretty great plays, so as per the usual, my team began calling bullshit on him, saying to report him, etc etc. Now of course, this is something that I tend to hear every MM game when a player on the opposing team is doing exceedingly well.

The opposing team starts to talk a lot of poo poo, and at the half, they were in to it. Until their leader got a VAC ban for hacking early in the second. I didn't know that reporting a player could work so quickly. The tides turned, but the score was already run up so much that we ended up losing 16/14. Still, definitely interesting. And watching the demo, it became fairly obvious he was using walls.
VAC bans do not work on reports. The report function in CS:GO sends players to be reviewed by Overwatch (or by the CS:GO development team maybe in some cases?) but VAC is an automated system that runs independently of a reporting function, so as astro said, it was purely coincidental.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
VAC has a decent lead time, too.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Is overwatching only for hacking, or do people get banned for bad manners like in dotalike games? My silver friends and I have been playing with a DMG friend, and he's getting 40-50 kills most games whether we win or lose. He's getting so many serious hacking accusations and reports that I wonder if we should stop doing this before he gets banned.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

Is overwatching only for hacking, or do people get banned for bad manners like in dotalike games? My silver friends and I have been playing with a DMG friend, and he's getting 40-50 kills most games whether we win or lose. He's getting so many serious hacking accusations and reports that I wonder if we should stop doing this before he gets banned.
There's a Griefing report, and I believe Overwatchers can answer Guilty for Griefing reports (though they can't even hear voice chat, so who the hell knows how worth it that even is). That said, the theory behind overwatch is the best method of detecting a cheater is the human eye, so if your friend isn't cheating and is just that much better than the opponents he's playing, Overwatch, again in theory, should find him innocent.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coleman posted:

There's a Griefing report, and I believe Overwatchers can answer Guilty for Griefing reports (though they can't even hear voice chat, so who the hell knows how worth it that even is). That said, the theory behind overwatch is the best method of detecting a cheater is the human eye, so if your friend isn't cheating and is just that much better than the opponents he's playing, Overwatch, again in theory, should find him innocent.

He is, we consistently go up against whole Nova 1-2 teams. We still see people buy a Bizon every round and such.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Twerk from Home posted:

He is, we consistently go up against whole Nova 1-2 teams. We still see people buy a Bizon every round and such.

I love the Bizon.

I'm also Silver Elite aka a Bad Player of Counterstrike.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FAUXTON posted:

I love the Bizon.

I'm also Silver Elite aka a Bad Player of Counterstrike.

Buy a loving UMP you scrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Don't buy loving SMGs you scrubs

• Locked thread