Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gentlemen please. Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1999, it's a scientific fact. Fear Factory played on a beach during a WCW battle royal won by Chris Jericho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Gentlemen please. Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1999, it's a scientific fact. Fear Factory played on a beach during a WCW battle royal won by Chris Jericho.

WCW and MTV truly was The Most 90's marriage.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It's really shameful that you would all so quickly cast aside the greatest intro to a WWE show ever so I'm assuming that you're leaving it out because nothing can match its greatness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2uiWsLsK9o

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Those were good times.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

Just in case anyone was interested in re-living this cultural milestone, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vlX8u-W7w

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is a dumb and largely irrelevant,

Just like all my posts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ahh, the good old days of Fear Factory when Burton Bell's head was marginally less far up his own rear end.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:bahgawd: posted:

ROSS REPORT w/ @trishstratuscom NOW!

No nudes.

Aw. :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fred Durst was in a Smackdown game. This makes him legitimate.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JR lost a number of potential ticket sales when he confirmed that he wouldn't be appearing semi-nude at the House of Blues for his New Orleans shows :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Suben posted:

It's really shameful that you would all so quickly cast aside the greatest intro to a WWE show ever so I'm assuming that you're leaving it out because nothing can match its greatness.

Bryan Alvarez just superkicked the nearest teenager. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Suben posted:

I guess this is my opportunity to say that "Welcome Home" should be the NXT theme into perpetuity and also Coheed and Cambria are cool.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cabbit posted:

I guess this is my opportunity to say that "Welcome Home Back Cotter" should be the NXT theme into perpetuity.

Fixed

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

MassRafTer posted:

Gentlemen please. Everyone knows pop culture attained perfection in 1999, it's a scientific fact.

Fixed that. It's been all downhill from there. Also I am old :smith:

EDIT: wrong thread for that other stuff

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sorry Kid Rock was always bad and always will be.

When he toured with Bon Jovi he was pretty entertaining. I know a lot of people who liked him as much as they liked the main show.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Tornhelm posted:

When he toured with Bon Jovi he was pretty entertaining. I know a lot of people who liked him as much as they liked the main show.

That's not hard, a colonoscopy could open for Bon Jovi and people would find it a preferable experience.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tornhelm posted:

People who attend Bung Jobi concerts.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Bobtista posted:

Fred Durst was in a Smackdown game. This makes him legitimate.

Wasn't he only in that game because it was a condition for allowing THQ to use Rollin' for Taker's entrance in it?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Static Rook posted:

Fixed that. It's been all downhill from there. Also I am old :smith:

EDIT: wrong thread for that other stuff

Culture peaked with goatees and bleach tips and it's all been downhill ever since.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Suben posted:

Culture peaked with goatees and bleach tips and it's all been downhill ever since.

Why do you think Guy Fieri is the epitome of culture and taste?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Suben posted:

Wait a minute.

Seth Rollins didn't just bleach the tips, he did a whole section of his hair, root to tip.

He's a flippy dude who wrestles in long pants and a shirt, not unlike the Hardy Boyz.

He comes through the crowd, not unlike a certain brooding Canadian guy did during his debut.

Is Seth Rollins Peak 90s?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Writer Cath posted:

Wait a minute.

Seth Rollins didn't just bleach the tips, he did a whole section of his hair, root to tip.

He's a flippy dude who wrestles in long pants and a shirt, not unlike the Hardy Boyz.

He comes through the crowd, not unlike a certain brooding Canadian guy did during his debut.

Is Seth Rollins Peak 90s?

He was originally a metalcore dude in FCW, right?

Peak 2004.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A pretty good shot at TNA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lots of oblivious TNA fans just saw it as TAYLOR WILDE TO TNA?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Natalya just followed me for saying I enjoyed the AJ/Natalya match on Main Event, so I suppose that's all it takes. v:shobon:v

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Natalya just followed me for saying I enjoyed the AJ/Natalya match on Main Event, so I suppose that's all it takes. v:shobon:v
She's generally pretty quick with a follow if you can say anything beyond "omg plzzzzz follow me, RT me, bluggggggh"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Natalya followed me after I tweeted about piss at her 5 or 6 times so she's good as heck.

e: also she favorited a tweet where I called her peetalya

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 15, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 10h
Somebody tell me the happy birthday or go gently caress yourself

Happy Birthday Iron Sheik.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sheiky baby is also apparently having a feud with Miley Cyrus on twitter too.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Iron Sheik posted:

I am the most famous human being on the loving earth

I love this man.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

People who attend Bung Jobi concerts.

Free tickets. That being said, it was good when they weren't actually singing any of their songs (so about 5-10 minutes).

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I love that Iron Sheik's birthday is also the same day as my mother's birthday.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

I love that Iron Sheik's birthday is also the same day as my mother's birthday.

Makes it easier to remember your mom's birthday, right?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
gently caress right it loving does.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@JRsBBQ 3m
“@SZKGun: @JRsBBQ would you do English commentary for New Japan Pro Wrestling if you were offered the job and the right deal?

I'd listen

this would be cool

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yuriy posted:

this would be cool

No it wouldn't because JR's a pretty bad commentator these days. Watch the early Full Sail NXT shows and listen to how bored he sounds.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

njsykora posted:

No it wouldn't because JR's a pretty bad commentator these days. Watch the early Full Sail NXT shows and listen to how bored he sounds.

It's impossible to be bored during an Okada-Tanahashi match.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

Shhh. Let me fantasize about JR saying "Very very very breaky breaky breaky."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

JR looked like he wanted to kill someone for being put on Smackdown. I imagine having to lower himself to NXT would have him reaching for pills and bourbon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

JR looked like he wanted to kill someone for being put on Smackdown. I imagine having to lower himself to NXT would have him reaching for pills and bourbon.

He was the Executive VP for Talent Relations at Full Sail and actually did a few weeks of commentary when the show relaunched as a promotion.