Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze
So why did the Bucs need to clear so much cap room anyways? Would it really have been the worst thing in the world to have Revis for another year at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Come on Eagles....

@tomecurran
Source tells me the Eagles are expected to be among the teams in mix for UFA Darrelle Revis.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TBC posted:

So why did the Bucs need to clear so much cap room anyways? Would it really have been the worst thing in the world to have Revis for another year at least?

Josh McCown.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Well thats official official.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

Come on Eagles....

@tomecurran
Source tells me the Eagles are expected to be among the teams in mix for UFA Darrelle Revis.
Of course they're expected to be, just like they were expected to be in the mix for Byrd before they signed Average McHighmotor

I'm disappointed that Jacoby Jones stayed in Baltimore because the Giants were rumored to be trying to get him and I really would have wanted the Giants to pay him to be a #2

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Ozu posted:

Come on Eagles....

@tomecurran

Stay the gently caress out of the NFCE Revis.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

davecrazy posted:

Well thats official official.

What kind of scrub rear end organization leaves the underlines in for contracts?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
If we land Revis that would be great but hopefully we can generate pressure on the QB for it to matter having an elite #1 CB. If we enter the season with Dennard / Ryan I'm going to die. Maybe the corpse of Champ Bailey has something left.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Andio posted:

Is there a website that gives up to date salary cap figures? Interested in knowing what the Bucs have with their new FA signings and Revis being cut.

With Revis being cut they have about 16.5 million left in cap space, according to this (which was written before Revis' release):

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/12/5500776/buccaneers-cap-space-estimate-0-5-million-left

edit: whoops, that's without McCown apparently, so its down to 12.5 million now.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is it even possible Irsay finds a way to vacation to Revis island? If each corner only shows up to play every other game it will be perfect.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

He's back on the bottle

Joe Namath ‏@RealJoeNamath
What other QB that may become available is better than Mark Sanchez?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Revis should go to Denver.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Revis should go to Denver.

How about gently caress you

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Please, please let us get Revis for a fair deal and don't let this end with him on NYJ again

Also GTFO Sopoaga, you were worse than useless

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Golden Tate now gets to face the Packers twice a year by the way.

Three times when you meet them in the playoffs. :cool:

Great signing though. With the double and triple coverage on Megaton Tate is going to thrive. He's great after the catch and if the corner covering him misses you are getting a huge gain. That offense is going to be a ton of fun.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vertical Lime posted:

He's back on the bottle

Run Suzy Kobler, run!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Stafford now gets to throw jump balls to Golden Tate! Good thing Tate is so tall.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

StarcraftM posted:

Please, please let us get Revis
You aren't very familiar with Revis are you?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vertical Lime posted:

He's back on the bottle

It's kinda funny how Jets media people (not just drunk ones) talk about Sanchez like they haven't seen him play at all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers signed TE David Johnson, formerly of the Steelers, to a two-year-contract.

Donald Brown and this guy.

Yep.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

He's back on the bottle

I'll just say that if you're planning on bringing in a 1st round QB, I would totally consider throwing a few million at Sanchez so they can sit for at least the first half year and learn.

Plus it should set those expectations nice and low for when the draftee does come in.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Run Suzy Kobler, run!

H...he jush--jusht wants t-to...to kish you, ok :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Dang the Lions actually addressed a weakness. Bummer.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Let's hope Golden Tate doesn't really love pizza.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Or the playoffs!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

AsInHowe posted:

Let's hope Golden Tate doesn't really love pizza.

Does Detroit have local donut shops that specialize in maple bars? This may be important.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, Jets fans that want Revis back need to come to terms with the fact that Woody Johnson thinks Schwartz/Feinsod are literally Hitler. He ordered Revis to be traded just so he didn't have to deal with his agents again.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

I mean, Jets fans that want Revis back need to come to terms with the fact that Woody Johnson thinks Schwartz/Feinsod are literally Hitler. He ordered Revis to be traded just so he didn't have to deal with his agents again.

Considering it's Woody Johnson, I wouldn't be surprised if he compared two Jewish agents to Hitler

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Thats why non clownshow organizations keep their owners FAR away from contract negotiations.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ozu posted:

That and he holds out every other year.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Manoueverable posted:

Does Detroit have local donut shops that specialize in maple bars? This may be important.

Dutch Girl Donuts is downtown, open 24 hours and is incredible.

Dom Bakeries is in Ypsi and might be my favorite bakery anywhere, ever.

Krackleburt
Aug 24, 2008
So with all these signings eating up the Broncos' cap, is it safe to say that Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers are out the door too? If so, then drat. I like those guys. I don't know how much cap room they have left after Ware.

Pretty huge turnover in the lineups for the Broncos overall though... Decker, Woodyard, Phillips, and DRC are pretty much gone. Beadles and Champ are already gone. Every one of those guys was starting at some point.

Free agency :allears:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens are out of the Steve Smith hunt. Apparently his agent told Baltimore that Smith had reached an agreement with another team which will be announced shortly.

Good news if only because a Smith and Smith WR tandem would be weird.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Thats why non clownshow organizations keep their owners FAR away from contract negotiations.

Oh god the thought of Bob Kraft slurring his way through a three martini lunch as he tries to get Revis's agents to agree.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Tate is basically what Titus Young was supposed to be before going insane. I like it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Donut shops' security in Detroit all go collectively on red alert.

Goodbye Tate, I'll always love you for making a completely legitimate game winning catch against the Packers :unsmith:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@ryanohalloran
Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders and DL Ziggy Hood in town visiting #Jaguars.

@Steiny31
Decker didn't leave the #Jets facility without a deal. Still at Florham Park.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Stafford now gets to throw jump balls to Golden Tate! Good thing Tate is so tall.

Golden Tate has a very similar playing style to Steve Smith, though obviously far less talented, and he is amazing at competing for jump balls.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

What kind of scrub rear end organization leaves the underlines in for contracts?

They had to punch it out on the typewriter before faxing it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43s

And now the Browns also have released QB Jason Campbell. So Campbell and Brandon Weeden both sent packing on same day.

Hmmmmm...well, cross Jason Campbell off the list in that jersey pic too.

• Locked thread