Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
Look, sometimes you just need to drop nearly two and half large on a P90 then die to someone with a rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

I'll boost pm me for deets

I offer flexible rates and group deals

Sorry I only look for fixed rates.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Xen has performance anxiety and can only perform in one-on-ones.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Xenaero posted:

Fix your rates

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Had an entire team who were all in the same clan lose their poo poo at me and throw wild hackusations. Felt real good.

I did have a beastly game by my standards and a lot of luck but honestly after they started screaming foul play they just lost it and started playing real bad, they pretty much had us in their pockets for the first half.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-DAcMm-9reOi-K23rT-JGHy2-cfP7B (I'm The pounce that was promised).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

old dog child posted:

Buy a loving UMP you scrub

gently caress that, the only reason I like the Bizon is that it looks a bit like an AK and works well enough to let me kill someone and take their rifle.

Also gently caress Motel, that is a map made by someone who has no loving clue how motels work. "Here's your room key. I see you've booked the honeymoon suite, it's over by the pool, just go through our utility room, and up the ladder leaning against the balcony. Enjoy your stay."

It's a goddamn maze and I never end up with a match where there isn't at least one rear end in a top hat complaining about how they can't figure out where the hostages are.

It's because the only way to the hostage is a loving ladder, and it's the only room in the place that doesn't span the width of the building.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The Bizon rules and its' dildo mags will always have a special place in my heart rear end

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

FAUXTON posted:

gently caress that, the only reason I like the Bizon is that it looks a bit like an AK and works well enough to let me kill someone and take their rifle.

Alternatively: get good with a pistol, get up close to an area where they have to run past. One click on their head, steal rifle. And without wasting money on a garbage SMG.

Coleman fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 12, 2014

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

Coleman posted:

Alternatively: get good with a pistol, get up close to an area where they have to run past. One click on their head, steal pistol. And without wasting money on a garbage SMG.

Alternatively: CZ75 every single round, trade 1 mag for 1 life, get a weapon, reload your CZ75, throw the new weapon you found away so it doesn't get back into enemy hands, kill someone else.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Xenaero posted:

This is not an empty quote.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coleman posted:

Alternatively: get good with a pistol, get up close to an area where they have to run past. One click on their head, steal rifle. And without wasting money on a garbage SMG.

This is why I love the P250. I also love the bizon but it isn't like I'm going to spring for one in the second round just because.

E: seriously it's a poo poo SMG, they're all poo poo, the only one that isn't utterly irredeemable poo poo is the MP7 and maybe the P90 on a good day if I've been drinking. It's fun on a match round where we're like 8 rounds ahead. Some people get negevs, I go for a bizon.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 12, 2014

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Is the P90 really that bad compared to let's say the Galil?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cat with hands posted:

I do OK with the Galil, but I try not to get surprised around corners. It's absolute dogshit past like the second bullet of a burst. I wouldn't get it unless I was broke and covering something at range. At least with the Galil you can cover, say, Long A from the boxes at the site in D2. You might not be able to stop a 3-man push up long but you sure as poo poo can kill 1 or 2 guys, with the added bonus of being able to hose down the catwalk with the rest of the magazine. Clip. Reservoir of Cartridges.

It gets dunked on by the FAMAS though, holy poo poo is that a lopsided comparison. The FAMAS might be a bit limpdicked in stopping power but it makes up for it by being pretty goddamn accurate.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Galil is top tier, don't try to even compare the glorified halo assault rifle 90 to its wonder and beauty.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
FAMAS doing 2 damage less per shot than an M4 sure is terrible when it comes to stopping power.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

cat with hands posted:

At range, absolutely.

Strafing across a doorway with an enemy right on the other side of it and holding mouse1? P90 is pretty good.

They just have different uses. If you're thinking about anti-eco vs p250/helmet, I usually go with either the galil or p90 after winning on round 1. P90 has 'less' armor penetration and range, but just about everything else makes up for that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The best smg is the UMP. This is because the p90 is so much better than every other smg and is priced out of SMG range that it's basically just a really wacky rifle.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
where do you input the password in this game?

Christ I feel like a scrub.

e: nvm we are cool ignore this I know whats up.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 12, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slaapaav posted:

FAMAS doing 2 damage less per shot than an M4 sure is terrible when it comes to stopping power.

No but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who would disagree about that being, as I said, "a bit limpdicked."

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Miltank posted:

where do you input the password in this game?

Christ I feel like a scrub.

You can post the password here, we trust you.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
The galil is the best 2nd round rifle. I love that thing. So easy to get headshots with it.

But yeah, don't spray with the galil. Ever.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
FAMAS is obviously the best SMG

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stumbletron posted:

FAMAS is obviously the best SMG

this is actually a good way to say it

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
not mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0TQ3b2vgU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Pretty sure this is what the teams have been saving for Katowice. New meta incoming.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Smol posted:

Pretty sure this is what the teams have been saving for Katowice. New meta incoming.

Wanna see that guys face when he gets dinked and gives away that negev

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Apogee15 posted:

The galil is the best 2nd round rifle. I love that thing. So easy to get headshots with it.

But yeah, don't spray with the galil. Ever.

I love the galil too. Might be my favorite gun in the game. I affectionately call it the "diet M4". But yeah, spraying should only be reserved as a fallback with the galil. I like to spray with the famas though.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

http://challonge.com/goonshamrockcup

This isn't final and the rules could still change.

There's also no date decided, but I want to do it March, as evidenced by the name.

Come one, come all, to join in the first ever goon mg_soccer_2012_beta tournament!

Sign up on the site and then create your own team here: http://challonge.com/teams/new and then add players via their Challonge username (the site is fine) to create a 4-man team.

Then when the day comes we'll all pile into the server for our 4v4 games, and a winner will be decided. I'd like to get some prizes involved if this gets any traction - I definitely don't mind throwing in a few guns.

And if you haven't played cs:go soccer- it's genuinely really fun and easy to learn (double-tap W for sprint, right click for power hit, left click for weak hit), and has a lot of depth. I think in a semi-serious yet goofy format like this it could be even more fun than the random soccer goonmans that happen sometimes, and it's been discussed enough that I can't help but seeing if there's enough interest.

Please discuss actually making teams in the PGS thread for the server, so as not to spam the thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

PS: There are bracket predictions built into Challonge so we might be able to do some betting on games. I want to GO:TV cameraman all the games that I'm not playing in, too, so people can watch their favorite teams live.

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 13, 2014

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Hey Mcvey, look what's finally happened.

http://play.esea.net/users/93772

Burgo fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 13, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Remember watching him for the 1st time ages ago and couldn't understand why anyone gave would give that total arsehole any of their day.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

EMS One Katowice is live.

http://www.twitch.tv/nipgamingtv

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs

Burgo fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 13, 2014

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
must....soccer........

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
carl why don't your loving links automatically change in to [url] tags.

what the gently caress

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

carl why don't your loving links automatically change in to [url] tags.

what the gently caress

Could be that carl is the worst person on the surface of the planet. Just an idea

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
i remember what happened we last had a GOON tournament....

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just wanna throw one out to my life partner in crime, xXsmegmalord666Xx, for being the realist B-ro on Cache.

Peace.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Phone posted:

Just wanna throw one out to my life partner in crime, xXsmegmalord666Xx, for being the realist B-ro on Cache.

Peace.

You got it buddy :hfive:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the SIG
It is trampling the cat rushes and going mid through doors
It can do 1HKs and will dink you from T spawn
Stop buying SMGs!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DeusExMachinima posted:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the SIG
It is trampling the cat rushes and going mid through doors
It can do 1HKs and will dink you from T spawn
Stop buying SMGs!

The P250?

I love practicing my :commissar: skills with the 250 in deathmatch. Occasionally I even get guns/cases for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Buy MAC-10s

• Locked thread