Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarTim
Oct 2, 2012

Only as you gasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean.

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?
That Bitcoin guy sure was something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Direct link to the latest episode, because the recorded stream is a little crummy:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2094%20MAIN%20Live%20From%20SXSW%2014%20%20Movie%20QA.mp3

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

CPColin posted:

Edit: Trigger Warning: Bitcoins.

Spencer no :( .

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Chexoid posted:

Spencer no :( .

He was drunk. Spencer isn't a big Bitcoin believer.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I love how much Jeff likes D&D.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Golden Bee posted:

He was drunk. Spencer isn't a big Bitcoin believer.

I dunno. I follow him on Twitter, and he sure does retweet a lot of stuff from the Anonymous account. I'd believe that Spencer believes in bitcoin, even if it's just a way to stick it to The Man.

I really want to get drunk and stoned with him, though.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I love how the bitcoin guy showed up at the Q and A for the documentary.

Any word on if the documentary will be released digitally any time soon?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland just announced live Harmontown. The exact date/venue isn't scheduled yet, but it runs May 8th through May 11th. Kumail's also doing the festival (including a Meltdown show) so hopefully he wanders in.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Spencer is on tonight's episode of Community and it's loving great.

braveplan
May 1, 2013

Spencer was hilarious. I hope he comes back.

Also, Dan's interview on KCRW's The Treatment was great. You Harmenians need to give it a listen.
http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/tt/tt140312dan_harmon_community

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Rash vs Harmon battle rap BOOK IT

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Latest episode: http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2095%20MAIN%20EDIT.mp3

:tinfoil: "EDIT" in the filename :tinfoil:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really, really hope Mitch becomes a regular, I mean he shows up often enough now and just Jesus Christ that stamps.com joke, what's a riot.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Mitch, Kumail and Spencer steal the show every time. I listened to the podcast while walking my dog and couldn't help but laugh out loud many times, even the other dogs gave me a weird look

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Occupation posted:

Dan called up a weird girl who described herself as being bullied for being "absolutely beautiful" who then recommended to Dan that he should treat waitstaff like absolute poo poo and threaten their jobs. Then she said that all relationships have a "male" dominant and "female" passive member, then she got excellently skewered by a queer woman in the audience for being ignorant as poo poo and a bit homophobic, to which she responded essentially "well it's my opinion and you don't have a right to insult me for it" and then got booed at for being really lovely about her shirt opinions, to which the audience started chanting "let it go" as she wouldn't stop loving talking about how she was right and everyone else was wrong and also mean for saying her opinions were poo poo.

Then the next week dan spent the entire episode saying how the audience acted inappropriately and insulted her while literally arguing the "you're intolerant if you don't tolerate intolerance" line mra idiots trot out. Then he kept on going on about how the audience were bullies. Then he called the girl up who basically whined about how she was treated so mean while still refusing to acknowledge she was in the wrong.

But hey apparently it's fine for some no name to accuse some dude of making up a girlfriend for no adequately explained reason and the audience to then insult him over it! Yeah.

That was so bizzare. She was wearing a fedora as well.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

KoRMaK posted:

She was wearing a fedora as well.

Oh is it...is it hot in here or is it just me, I need to impress her with my thoughts on atheism as we share a delicious meal of Hot Pockets at the local Fuddrucker's

Oh jeez Homophobe-tan please be my waifu

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Anybody know the song that played at the beginning of the sxsw episode? They've played it before, like a pretty funky beat to it.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If you're talking about the one that plays while Jeff introduces Dan, it's one of the songs they had composed so they wouldn't have to pay for music rights in the documentary. I think they play it in the trailer for the movie, too.

Edit: Latest episode: http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2096%20MAIN.mp3

CPColin fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 24, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
For gently caress's sake Erin, nobody wants to listen to your interpretation of what a DM does. Now that Spencer realized he's allowed to take shows off, JUST DON'T PLAY D&D WHEN HE'S NOT THERE

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Just started this episode but Dan already sounds lit.

edit: Dan's Bieber rant surpassed his previous one in both scope and insanity. Also it's somehow jarring to listen to someone out of the audience with a lot of measured and well educated opinions.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 25, 2014

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Illinois Smith posted:

For gently caress's sake Erin, nobody wants to listen to your interpretation of what a DM does.

I thought it was funny, if only because of how maniacally she threw herself into the role.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
I also enjoyed Erin DMing, particularly the fake dice rolls.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Watching the video of the latest episode (which is password-protected to, I guess, punish people who didn't donate?), I'm noticing that Jeff is either the King of Confirmation Bias or a Master of Slumber Party Creepy Stories.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's funny catching up on Community and noticing all the things that have been discussed on Harmontown.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Because it's so pointless and poorly made, here's the link to the video for episode 96:

http://vimeo.com/89994596

The password is harmonbelieber.

Edit: Ha ha, Harmontown will take a break during April and multiple Redditors will have some of their vacation plans ruined!

CPColin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 28, 2014

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Someone should tell him to just go hang out at the Drawing Room. He'll get all of them he can handle.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Haha, fly across the world to see Dan, end up with McGathy.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I enjoy Harmontown, but I absolutely cannot imagine planning a vacation around it. That's some Adam Goldberg poo poo.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

MY ABACUS! posted:

I enjoy Harmontown, but I absolutely cannot imagine planning a vacation around it. That's some Adam Goldberg poo poo.

Is it? The last Harmontown I paid for was in 2013 and I ended up getting 3 comped tickets anyway. I'm on the schedule of "Nothing else on tonight? Better head down."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Episode 97: http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2097%20MAIN.mp3

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Schrab Assshooooooooooole!

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

ashpanash posted:

Schrab Assshooooooooooole!

I simply cannot imagine how I would feel hearing such a thing. It must be an amalgam of thrilling and tragic.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like the cycle Dan goes through in D&D where he yells at friendly NPCs in one game, but then feels sort of bad about it so he tries to negotiate brainless monsters in another game.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Did anyone post the video of Spencer doing his coyote kicking move? I can't seem to find anything on Dan's tumblr/instagram/twitter.

bettsta
Jul 21, 2008
Behold: http://instagram.com/p/mMvYcnqRNW/

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
That is better than I could've hoped for.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Oh my god that is the best.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This person definitely has to post on this website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I think I pictured something like that but the little reverse punches I could not have imagined.