Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

mastershakeman posted:

I'm unreasonably upset McCown took the opportunity to get paid.

I haven't been keeping as close a watch as I should have been - did the Bucs also sign Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, and Matt Forte?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
DMC's $4M contract is 1.75M with 2.25M in incentives and 100k guaranteed.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

PFF says that Golden Tate has dropped 7 passes in the past 4 years. That will be a huge help because pretty much everyone on the Lions had the dropsies last year.

:smith:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Caldwell isn't a trainwreck, he will run a solid locker room. He just makes boneheaded decisions at the end of games and is super boring to look at/listen to.

Good thing the Tigers have filled Detroit's the spot as the city's sexy coach/manager, leaving the pressure off of Caldwell.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ausmus and Schwartz in the same city would just be too much for the women to handle.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

"Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet): A return to Revis Island? Jets and Darrelle Revis camp talk about a possible reunion, per source"

This and Decker would make up for the lack of anything done thus far.
I'm just going to start drinking now.

@BrianCoz
The Jets did talk to Revis' camp today. Conversation initiated by the Revis side, trying to see if there is any interest from #nyj

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MaximumBob posted:

I haven't been keeping as close a watch as I should have been - did the Bucs also sign Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Marshall, and Matt Forte?

Who cares? Josh McCown just came into an unexpected retirement fund. Good for him.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

shiksa posted:

Who cares? Josh McCown just came into an unexpected retirement fund. Good for him.

Oh I don't begrudge him anything, I just don't feel bad he's leaving.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's how the Saints signed Byrd.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/5608/byrd-counts-only-3-5-million-against-2014-cap

Byrd received a signing bonus of $11 million on the six-year, $54 million contract. But for salary-cap accounting purposes, that figure gets divided over the first five years of his deal. His first-year salary is $1.3 million.

He will then count close to $10 million against the Saints' cap over the final five years of his deal -- assuming he lasts the entire six years (never a safe assumption in today's NFL).

Byrd, 27, will receive a total of $20.3 million in fully-guaranteed money over the first three years, plus another $6 million that is guaranteed for injury only. He's due to make a total of $27.9 million over the first three years -- which is always the key time frame on deals like this, since those years are virtually guaranteed.

Here's the breakdown:

2014: $1.3 million salary, $3.5 million cap number

2015: $2 million salary, $6 million guaranteed roster bonus, $100,000 workout bonus, $10.3 million cap number

2016: $7.4 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $9.7 million cap number

2017: $8.6 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $10.9 million cap number

2018: $8.6 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $10.9 million cap number

2019: $8.6 million salary, $100,000 workout bonus, $8.7 million cap number

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter 46s
CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I appreciate the Saints realize they're nothing without Brees and are fully planning on 1-2 years of cap hell after he retires

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter 46s
CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

lol

gently caress this gay loving Earth.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Hahahahaha revis to pats FML

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter 46s

lol

gently caress

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hahahah holy gently caress that poo poo

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The Jets are an absolute trash organization, jesus christ. They really do find a way to reach the worst outcome in any scenario.

Go Jets

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Boy I sure am glad the Jets gave a loving kicker nearly $4m so they could penny pinch on Revis

It's not even a good loving kicker

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
HOLY gently caress I HAVE NEVER CAME THIS HARD BEFORE IN MY LIFE

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
THANK YOU BASED GOD

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Glad the Niners aren't in the AFC because it's pretty much playing for third now even harder. Christ Broncos & Patriots.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Spoeank posted:

Glad the Niners aren't in the AFC because it's pretty much playing for third now even harder. Christ Broncos & Patriots.

Remember when the Eagles were gonna be the kings of the NFC after FA?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

only a year eh

idzik better get some armed guards to protect him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli its time to prove you're up for this job.

Probate every single Pats fan right now.

Be the hero we deserve.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

I appreciate the Saints realize they're nothing without Brees and are fully planning on 1-2 years of cap hell after he retires.

But see, there is joy and revelry, slaughtering of cattle and killing of sheep, eating of meat and drinking of wine! "Let us eat and drink," you say, "for tomorrow we die!"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I felt the same way last year Pats fans don't get too excited :colbert:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Maybe Revis will hold out the whole season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

better make that more armed guards

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
Good deal for Patriots. Bad deal for Jets' fans. btw, #Jets never reached out to Revis. His agent contacted them. All posturing.

I don't think Revis wanted a Jets reunion. It was a transparent ploy by his camp to stimulate the market and get #Jets fans worked up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why does it seem like there's only two loving teams in the AFC?

I can't wait until those two poo poo birds Brady and Peyton retire.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

How the gently caress could they not try to outbid 12 million one year? They could at least have driven the price up or something, loving hell Idzik.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter 46s

lol

lmao sure ok whatever

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Oh gently caress off Revis and gently caress off Bucs for letting this happen.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

better make that more armed guards

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
Good deal for Patriots. Bad deal for Jets' fans. btw, #Jets never reached out to Revis. His agent contacted them. All posturing.

Jets are pawn in game of life.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Cimini saying the Jets never reached out lol literally end my life

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Good job Howie :negative:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yoooooooouuuuuu Revis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Same

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Sure. Yeah. Of course. Why not.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Revis is a great player, but it's only one year and I don't feel like it changes my opinion of New England that much. They will be in the mix like they always are, but I don't feel like this was the missing piece or something. You guys are acting like the world is about to end.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Amen brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
The rest of the Pats defense is still a mess right?

• Locked thread