Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Neat. Hope he works out in Foxboro and finds a place he likes. I just hope this doesn't mean Blount is gone though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter: BREAKING - Revis is holding out for a new deal and will not report to Patriots OTA's.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

sirtommygunn posted:

How the gently caress could they not try to outbid 12 million one year? They could at least have driven the price up or something, loving hell Idzik.

The Revis side leaked to several places no more than ten minutes before the Patriots news came out that they tried to get the Jets involved at a low price and that there was no interest at all. Given a bunch of other things, feel pretty safe in saying that football's most famous Manhattan socialite kiboshed it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Sorry cool Jets fans :smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Revis is a great player, but it's only one year and I don't feel like it changes my opinion of New England that much. They will be in the mix like they always are, but I don't feel like this was the missing piece or something. You guys are acting like the world is about to end.

It's the principle of the dumb thing.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Objectively, this is probably better for my team than Revis signing with the Eagles.

But gently caress this poo poo.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Ehud posted:

Revis is a great player, but it's only one year and I don't feel like it changes my opinion of New England that much. They will be in the mix like they always are, but I don't feel like this was the missing piece or something. You guys are acting like the world is about to end.

I personally think he's a sidegrade to Talib. Talib had a pretty drat good year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God loving dammit

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Objectively, this is probably better for my team than Revis signing with the Eagles.

Correct. Also death to the Jets for letting this happen.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
On the plus side this basically guarantees Brady throwing to a bunch of nobodies again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Burger Trench posted:

It's the principle of the dumb thing.

They'll win the AFC East and a playoff game and get bounced from the playoffs, except this time they'll do it with Revis.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

bobby2times posted:

I personally think he's a sidegrade to Talib. Talib had a pretty drat good year.

Talib loving sucked in the second half of the season and isn't half as good as Revis when both are healthy. The Patriots are now clear Super Bowl favorites.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why are NFC fans getting mad

Where are my sad AFC Fan Bros

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

On the plus side this basically guarantees Brady throwing to a bunch of nobodies again.

That was happening no matter what dude.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cannot wait until he blows out his ACL and gets staph from the Patriots' lovely team doctors.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Yeah that really hamstrung the Pats this year.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

yo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Curtis Martin
Ty Law
Damien Woody
Vinny Testaverde
Darrelle Revis

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

:hf: sup doo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That was happening no matter what dude.

i would have thought they would go after decker just to have a pissing contest with the broncos over white receivers

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

jeffersonlives posted:

Talib loving sucked in the second half of the season and isn't half as good as Revis when both are healthy. The Patriots are now clear Super Bowl favorites.

did a meteor hit seattle and denver and san francisco and new orleans and no one told me

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Pats 2014: Revis and Butthead

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ehud posted:

They'll win the AFC East and a playoff game and get bounced from the playoffs, except this time they'll do it with Revis.

Yeah but my dumb, lovely team might have made a wild card game with him. Also seeing Revis in Patriot colors makes me want to puke.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

Pats still need a pass rush and safeties that aren't horrible, so I'm not sure that's accurate. It does help a lot though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Why are there 50 new posts, what happ...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

did a meteor hit seattle and denver and san francisco and new orleans and no one told me

new orleans lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

We're mad because our teams are kind enough to rotate around and you fucks just keep sending the same two.

shiksa posted:

It was a pretty glaring problem at times. Nothing other than Brady going down is going to "hamstring" the Pats. Although the o-line coach retiring was amazing news.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

let him go, autists are good at predicting that sort of thing

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He's one of the best players in the league, and the Patriots aren't going to be loving idiots and put him in a scheme that doesn't take advantage of his skill. It's a huge win.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

shiksa posted:

Brady had his worst statistical year in a long time and they got extremely lucky in close games, so even though they coasted to the playoffs it kind of did.

Of course, their division is still garbage so that probably won't hurt them this year either.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ah, crap, the Lions play the Pats this year don't they. :geno:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's one of the best players in the league, and the Patriots aren't going to be loving idiots and put him in a scheme that doesn't take advantage of his skill. It's a huge win.

Yes misusing players is something Belicheck is well known for.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We're mad because our teams are kind enough to rotate around and you fucks just keep sending the same two.

man we tried

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

gently caress the Patriots

2012 ruled

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the pats had to make a big move at corner because they were worried about having to play ryan tannehill twice a year

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

man we tried

I know buddy. I don't blame you.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Sometimes hilarity happens and the Ravens win it all.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

like i dont think this makes the patriots a super bowl lock or anything but gently caress this on principle also suck my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ehud posted:

the pats had to make a big move at corner because they were worried about having to play ryan tannehill twice a year

Hahahahahahahaha amazing.

• Locked thread