Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The two latter episodes of U(2) Talkin U2 To Me have been so amazing, and so much better than the first. I feel like after the first they had a sense of "maybe LESS sincere serious discussion and praise for U2" and executed well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.
I'm afraid what would happen if they had Jason on the show. Seeing as how Scott's forte is to yank the steering wheel and speed into the wall as fast as possible, improv-wise, I think the combined giddily self-destructive tendencies of the three of them in a room not talking about U2 all at once would drive every listener to madness.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

cams posted:

The two latter episodes of U(2) Talkin U2 To Me have been so amazing, and so much better than the first. I feel like after the first they had a sense of "maybe LESS sincere serious discussion and praise for U2" and executed well.

I sort of disagree. I actually want them to legit talk about U2 as I like U2 as well.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I sort of disagree. I actually want them to legit talk about U2 as I like U2 as well.

This last ep had a good mix of talking about U2 and loving around I thought. It kind of has to be that way, because if it was all (or mostly) business like ep 1, people like me who are in it for the loving around and couldn't give a poo poo less about U2 wouldn't listen. And obviously, if it were all loving around like ep 2, the U2 fans wouldn't stick around.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

and they wouldn't get those t-shirts

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

soggybagel posted:

Yeah it's good rock and roll

uh

music

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I honestly didn't realize I like U2 this much, mostly because I think I've only really experienced the outsized obnoxious Bono persona. Its pretty cool to hear people talking about how they genuinely like them because it kind of is a gateway to a less silly take on the band.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
Guys, what am I going to do in 2 weeks when The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is over? Suicide? Should I tie myself to the Hollywood sign wearing the biggest coat I can find and jump out a window?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well, he said they might do more here: http://www.avclub.com/article/andy-daly-found-his-perfect-tv-show-then-had-wait--201855 So if you commit suicide too early you might miss out on more suicide ideas.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Beeez posted:

Well, he said they might do more here: http://www.avclub.com/article/andy-daly-found-his-perfect-tv-show-then-had-wait--201855 So if you commit suicide too early you might miss out on more suicide ideas.

Andy Daly posted:

Kent Alterman, who directed Semi-Pro, he was the Comedy Central executive in charge of the Upright Citizens Brigade way back in the day when they had a show on Comedy Central... they put him in charge of Comedy Central. He became president [of content development and original programming] of Comedy Central.

So that's why CC original programming has improved!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ahaha Matt Gourley got a Julie Hagerty joke on the latest Andy Daly Pilot Podcast Project.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

FitFortDanga posted:

I hope they talk about the whole Negativland thing on U Talking U2 To Me.

Every time they run down the U2 lineup, the only thing I can think about is Casey Kasem losing his poo poo about a loving dog dying.

These guys are from England and who gives a poo poo?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

uber_stoat posted:

These guys are from England and who gives a poo poo?
Liverpool.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think U Talkin U2 To Me is my new favorite podcast. I like it even more than ADPPP, as insane as that sounds. And I don't even like U2!
I agree but I'm going to take it a bold step further and say I very much enjoy this podcast even though I strongly dislike U2. I'm kind of a maverick on the internet with this opinion :smug:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I very much enjoy this podcast even though I strongly dislike U2. I'm kind of a maverick on the internet with this opinion :smug:

Then I am the Goose to your Maverick, because I feel the same way.

Wait, were Goose and Maverick on the same team? I haven't seen Top Gun. Where does Iceman fit in to this scenario? Maybe I should have just said I'm Jodie Foster to your Mel Gibson's Maverick.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

I hope we get an I Love Film/On Cinema crossover

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like this last Andy Daly PPP is loosely inspired by the Todd Glass Show.

VVV I'm only about 20 minutes in. It's definitely not the best one so far.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 14, 2014

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

The Ape of Naples posted:

I feel like this last Andy Daly PPP is loosely inspired by the Todd Glass Show.

It's the first one I quit on halfway through, but I can't reasonably expect perfection from every episode.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Tacier posted:

It's the first one I quit on halfway through, but I can't reasonably expect perfection from every episode.

....was it the n-word?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Politicalrancor posted:

....was it the n-word?

The nuts are called nut toes?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"gently caress you! Die from gas."

I wondered how he would expand the Danny Mahoney character based on his brief appearances on the podcast and TV show, and I can honestly say I wasn't expecting the awful Southie basement party direction, but I love it. Everyone's energy is insane.

"Don't you fuckin' deny me three times, I am related to you Bertrand!"
"Did you just call yourself Jesus Christ?"
"I am very much like Jesus, in this story."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 14, 2014

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

Then I am the Goose to your Maverick, because I feel the same way.

Wait, were Goose and Maverick on the same team? I haven't seen Top Gun. Where does Iceman fit in to this scenario? Maybe I should have just said I'm Jodie Foster to your Mel Gibson's Maverick.

Goose was Maverick's navigator and they were best buds. Iceman was a rival pilot. Maverick & Goose spun out and had to eject, but Goose hit the canopy as he ejected and died. Maverick then stood on their carrier while "doo doo doo, doo doo dum dum dum, dum dum dum, doo doo doo, doo doo duuum duuuuum" played and threw Goose's dogtags off the bow.

I knew that off the top of my head. What the gently caress.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Tacier posted:

It really amps up towards the end, after the Tarbaby recipe.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Goose was Maverick's navigator and they were best buds. Iceman was a rival pilot. Maverick & Goose spun out and had to eject, but Goose hit the canopy as he ejected and died. Maverick then stood on their carrier while "doo doo doo, doo doo dum dum dum, dum dum dum, doo doo doo, doo doo duuum duuuuum" played and threw Goose's dogtags off the bow.

I knew that off the top of my head. What the gently caress.
It's more hosed up that someone doesn't know the entirety of Top Gun by heart.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Scotts are running the t-shirt gag into the ground, but I still laugh every time.

"Hey, Bono?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

For those who don't normally watch, Bob Ducca made another appearance on Kroll Show this week.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

For those who don't normally watch, Bob Ducca made another appearance on Kroll Show this week.

....heh?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tig. Your desktop. C'mon.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Does anyone know what song is playing during the this week's Hollywood Handbook cop scene? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't place it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tig. Your desktop. C'mon.

I've never seen a pile of desktop icons before.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That computer must run like poo poo. Macs don't like a cluttered desktop.

jakefogelnest
Jul 31, 2013

FitFortDanga posted:

I hope they talk about the whole Negativland thing on U Talking U2 To Me.

Peter Conheim of Negativland is on my show this Thursday.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

jakefogelnest posted:

Did someone forget to close the plugs bag???

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

jakefogelnest posted:

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cast No Engine posted:

Does anyone know what song is playing during the this week's Hollywood Handbook cop scene? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't place it.

I remember them playing Party Like A rock Star and that awful Aloe Blacc song from the NFL playoffs during this episode.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Adam Scott referring to Sean Penn's charity as "A worthy uh... cause" gave me some violent flashbacks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GraPar posted:

Adam Scott referring to Sean Penn's charity as "A worthy uh... cause" gave me some violent flashbacks.
Super glad I'm not the only one who was expecting a worthy uh... a worthy uh... a worthy uh... a worthy uh...

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Can't we just get Adam some fuckin t shirts already man. He just wants some shirts :(

Also college girls

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The week's Nerd Poker has filled me with some awful images involving cheese.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

It's probably setting the record for fastest joke being beat into the ground but I still chuckle, in real life, everytime one of the Scotts mention the podcast being about everything related to U2 whenever they go off on a completely offtopic tangent.

Also, hey Bono? How about some loving t-shirts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

My favorite thing about the t-shirts bit is that it's like... if Adam had a list of go-to bits he is doing on this podcast, the first four are "t-shirts". He leaps on it at literally every opportunity. And I love it.