Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
diego garcia

e: bohemian grove

ee: attica

K. Farb fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
This was supposed to be the possible range of the flight, and since it came off the internet randomly it will be absolutely correct and accurate.

Makes it look like Somalia would be a stretch but Pakistan and Afghanistan could happen. I have a hard time believing they could do that without being seen by the powers that be though.

All the same we definitely needed more rumors that are contradictory to everything else everyone has ever said.

Disconnecticus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 13, 2014

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
I blame the ghost of Pol Pot

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
I'm going to be suspicious if Kim Jong Un unveils his new 777ER personal jet.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Since no one else has said it, could it be SNAKES? If only Sam Jackson was on the flight.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Makarov_ posted:

Wall Street Journal has an article up claiming "engine monitoring data", which I assume means ACARS messages, continued to be received for four hours after the plane's transponder signal was lost. That puts its possible location in a circle with a radius of 2200 nautical miles from its last known position.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/443967767835062272

Full article is paywalled:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304914904579434653903086282

FYI clicking the WSJ link in the tweet seems to bypass the paywall.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Disconnecticus posted:

This was supposed to be the possible range of the flight, and since it came off the internet randomly it will be absolutely correct and accurate.

Makes it look like Somalia would be a stretch but Pakistan and Afghanistan could happen. I have a hard time believing they could do that without being seen by the powers that be though.

All the same we definitely needed more rumors that are contradictory to everything else everyone has ever said.

Didn't even take into the account that the flight goes past ho chi minh and Hong Kong airspace, and that the flight spent about 50 mins in the air already. So yeah,

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope they find it on a mountain top in Nepal or some crazy poo poo.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope they find it on a mountain top in Nepal or some crazy poo poo.

Right next to the wreckage of Amelia Earhart's plane.

EDIT: VVV

Keurig caused the crash

rocket_man38 fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 13, 2014

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
Actually what happened was a passanger was reading your terrible posts and the entire plande decides to crash into the ocean and die because therye so poo poo

Road_Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Disconnecticus posted:

New Straits Times are quoting Malaysia Airlines saying the aircraft had enough fuel on board for 8 hours of flight. Would this make the suggested flight envelope in the above map larger or as-is?

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

something something aliens ufos hth op

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Disconnecticus posted:

Why would they want to steal a stupid plane full Chinese citizens for? It's the US they hate.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BlueChocolate posted:

Why would they want to steal a stupid plane full Chinese citizens for? It's the US they hate.

You could go all Tom Clancy and speculate on what cargo the plane was carrying.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

BlueChocolate posted:

I bet the three Americans were Liam Neeson and his kids. Bad poo poo always happens to them.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

BlueChocolate posted:

The Chinese love a good Muslim killing and pillaging of the middle east resources too.

E:
I think they like to kill a lot of the Uighurs? I think that's what they're called.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 13, 2014

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Chinatown posted:

You could go all Tom Clancy and speculate on what cargo the plane was carrying.

uh the Chinese passengers are people not objects, you racist

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sorry if this has already been posted, but here is nutty theory I just heard.

Apparently 9 days before the disappearance of the Malaysia plane, there was a near-miss between a South Korean plane and a North Korean missile.

The News posted:

A South Korean defence ministry spokesman said last week that a China Southern Airlines aircraft flying from Japan to Shenyang in Liaoning province, carrying 220 passengers, crossed the trajectory of a missile fired by North Korea on March 4.

It was pointed out to me that North Korea's Musudan missile has a range that extends past the Gulf of Thailand.

Further, the Chinese government has been trying to help the search. But is it really a cover-up? Note how this article says they were "uninvited", whatever that means.

Media Place posted:

The Chinese government has dispatched two warships, ten satellites and more than 50 marines to the South China Sea, along with an uninvited 13-member delegation to advise search and rescue efforts from Kuala Lumpur.

Earlier, DigitalGlobe released satellite images of the area to try crowdsource the search for the plane, but their website quickly crashed. As you know, websites crash due to DDOS, and DDOS' come from Chinese super hackers.

China also released those satellite images that showed a possible crash site, which turned out to be nothing many hours later.

The suggestion from all that was that China was stalling and distracting the search efforts while they cleaned up North Korea's mess and avoided World War 3 for another day. At least it's not FEMA turning us gay with aspartame and reusable water bottles for a change.

Get 'em out, boys :tinfoil:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
So let me just check the facts.

Am I right in assuming, from what we know so far, that right now the most likely scenario is (chillingly):

The plane was hijacked and flown to a hidden location anywhere up to 2200 km away from its last known position, presumably to be loaded with a nuclear bomb and then flown into a Western city?

Am I missing anything here?

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
A Chinese sat has snapped some pictures of what they believe to be the fuselage still floating in the south china sea.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Am I right in assuming, from what we know so far, that right now the most likely scenario is (chillingly):

The plane was hijacked and flown to a hidden location anywhere up to 2200 km away from its last known position, presumably to be loaded with a nuclear bomb and then flown into a Western city?

No, no, no.

It's going to be flown into China, made to look like it was done by the US so that China, Russia and North Korea can execute their plan of taking over the world.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The Walking Dad posted:

A Chinese sat has snapped some pictures of what they believe to be the fuselage still floating in the south china sea.

The images are from a few days ago and the objects seen on satellite are long gone.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

BlueChocolate posted:

No, no, no.

It's going to be flown into China, made to look like it was done by the US so that China, Russia and North Korea can execute their plan of taking over the world.

Gentlemen, get your dicks out

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
the most likely explanation is that the flight never existed in the first place and this is a stage managed distraction to divert attention from crimea

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SynthOrange posted:

As a Malaysian citizen it's positively embarassing yet not unexpected to see our officials bumbling around like idiots all the time. Only this time the rest of the world gets to have a look too.

Hopefully it should convince those idiots in Parliament that maybe promoting people based on merit instead of race/wealth/family connections is an ideAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress no they ain't.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

2200 nautical miles which is 4000 km.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Snowcow posted:

2200 nautical miles which is 4000 km.

gently caress.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Jack Bauer is on that plane.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
how exactly are the malaysians bumbling anything, its not like they are saying "here is the plane o woops nm rofl", they just dont know where the plane is cuz its probably at the bottom of the ocean somewhere

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
if that wsj report is accurate i would be kind of nervous in any major western cities or tel aviv or seoul

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

i'm starting to think its best for all of us if we just forget about this whole thing.

Let's just shrug our shoulders, chalk it up to 'one of those things' and get on with our lives. We've got lots of jets anyway.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
and if you can have lojack on your porche idk why you wouldn't want it on your 777 too

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Lol @ at some people in comment sections saying the only reason all these ships are looking for the wreckage is because someone very important/rich was on the plane. Yeah, nothing to do with the fact a plane with 200 passengers is missing.

How does one's mind get into such a state

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
im just gonna text all my friends this afternoon, see if they know where it is. ya never know, if we all just text a few people maybe we can figure this mystery out!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Tumble posted:

how exactly are the malaysians bumbling anything, its not like they are saying "here is the plane o woops nm rofl", they just dont know where the plane is cuz its probably at the bottom of the ocean somewhere

They aren't very good at getting information out to the press at the very least. One day a satellite has spotted wreckage then the next day they're sure it has nothing to do the missing flight and nobody should have ever released the picutes in the first place. It's almost a week later and any word one way or the other about whether the plane was still transmitting flight data is just rumor. Maybe it's just poor press relations but it gives the impression that the various people in charge aren't coordinating very well.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Those Chinese satellite images. How did they release them by 'accident'? Sounds like a distraction... What the poo poo is happening

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rocks posted:

Those Chinese satellite images. How did they release them by 'accident'? Sounds like a distraction... What the poo poo is happening

Between this and the cell phones still being on and the engine data still being transmitted after the transponders went offline, it really is starting to sound kinda weird. I'm not really concerned about the plane suddenly nuking a city or any of that crazy poo poo, but I'm not as convinced that the plane just had a mechanical failure and crashed anymore, either.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
the cell phones aren't on, the ringing is just the delay from towers sending out signals to the phones. but yes this turning out to be a bit of a mystery

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tumble posted:

the cell phones aren't on, the ringing is just the delay from towers sending out signals to the phones. but yes this turning out to be a bit of a mystery

What about the people who were apparently signed in to chat clients on their phones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Probably bullshit? first off i don't think you get very good data service out in the ocean, and if people were able to connect to a chat client, why didn't ANYBODY on the plane fire off a few texts telling them they've crashed/been hijacked or something?

Tumble fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 13, 2014

• Locked thread