Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
World's Most Giant Indie Geek?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Gaz-L posted:

World's Most Giant Indie Geek?
lol Trent's logged more time in WWE than on the indies.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

lol Trent's logged more time in WWE than on the indies.

The joke is that they are doing the "two people disguised as one very tall man" joke while wrestling an indie match.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh, there's Trent!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

The joke is that they are doing the "two people disguised as one very tall man" joke while wrestling an indie match.
i know that's why i made a gif of it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey WM, don't know if you saw this, but it looks like your gif of Steph made the cut on IGN's wrestling article this week. Cool dude.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just aired on the Network:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

God he looks better like that.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Ah yes, back when beating The Miz was kind of a big deal.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

God he looks better like that.

Totally. If he got a haircut and trimmed the beard to not look so Ned Kelly, he'd look great, but any amount of hair less than he has right now would be a win.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Memento posted:

Totally. If he got a haircut and trimmed the beard to not look so Ned Kelly, he'd look great, but any amount of hair less than he has right now would be a win.

He looks like a kind of handsome nice guy, but also very corporate. His current 'rebel' gimmick wouldn't work.

Though the fact that he's a shave away from swerving to join the Authority is indeed a plus.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A haircut and a straight long trim for the beard wouldn't look bad. He keeps the iconic beard but looks less like a mountain man.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daniel Bryan looks more and more terrible the shorter his hair is.
I'm sure there's a break point where he starts looking worse longer his hair gets, but he hasn't reached it.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

poo poo, he's put on a ton of muscle too since then.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
I'm probably one of few who enjoy the Ned Kelly look. :sigh: But even then I think he should have a teeny trim since he is starting to look less like Ned Kelly and more like a bush.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

emjayo posted:

poo poo, he's put on a ton of muscle too since then.

Just gonna speculate, because I like believing the best in people, that it's due to the fact he stopped being a vegan.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Onmi posted:

Just gonna speculate, because I like believing the best in people, that it's due to the fact he stopped being a vegan.
Probably. He looks more "meaty" not "juicy".

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

BasicFunk posted:

Probably. He looks more "meaty" not "juicy".

And all that muscle makes him look that much shorter.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Onmi posted:

Oh yeah, I wasn't suggesting he was juicing, just that he's hitting the weights more.

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
I, for one, am just glad he's still selling the shoulder.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

While it's true that Daniel Brian looks like a dork with short hair, he looks like an rear end kicking psycho when he's completely shaved.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Next you guys are going to tell me he should go back to that "Big Epic Thing" theme

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

His version of "Ride of the Valkyries" is bad entrance music but it's too late to change it. He would have to redebut which likely won't be happening any time soon!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

oatgan posted:

His version of "Ride of the Valkyries" is bad entrance music but it's too late to change it. He would have to redebut which likely won't be happening any time soon!

I like it, it's catchy. At least it's not generic awful poo poo like Sheamus/Randy Orton/Christian/Batista /and many more.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Spikeguy posted:

While it's true that Daniel Brian looks like a dork with short hair, he looks like an rear end kicking psycho when he's completely shaved.

That he does.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Frankston posted:

I like it, it's catchy. At least it's not generic awful poo poo like Sheamus/Randy Orton/Christian/Batista /and many more.

Sounding generic as hell is why I don't like it. Perhaps not generic in the WWE alt rock nu metal theme song sense, but in that it sounds cheap and dated like a phone's native ringtones.

Hell, get a new mix of the song or some session musicians to make a newer better version of Ride of Valkyries, I don't really care. There's noting inherently wrong with the song, but his version of it is bad.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 14, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's almost just not loud enough. Crank up the guitars in the mix and that'd be an improvement alone.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

oatgan posted:

There's noting inherently wrong with the song, but his version of it is bad.

Unless you think of its context - such as D.W. Griffith using it in "Birth of a Nation" in the climactic scene of the Ku Klux Klan coming to the rescue, or the fact that the composer, Richard Wagner, was such an antisemitic racist that Hitler admired him and he may have significantly influenced Nazi thought. All stuff I was sad to learn because I like the music itself. Again, perhaps that's not 'inherently' wrong with the music itself, but, y'know, where do you separate art & artist, blah blah blah.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Holy poo poo. :stare: Shaved Bryan looks like a skinhead.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Intergalactic, all-planetary, everything super-supreme champion

Jay 2K Winger posted:

That he does.

Shave the head...keep the beard. Best of both worlds!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ShootaBoy posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare: Shaved Bryan looks like a skinhead.

To be fair, the curb-stomping and the crimson mask may be somewhat colouring your perceptions here. He's rough-looking, but he's not exactly Hando from Romper Stomper.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

oatgan posted:

His "redebut" could simply be finally showing up to RAW as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Spikeguy posted:

Hey WM, don't know if you saw this, but it looks like your gif of Steph made the cut on IGN's wrestling article this week. Cool dude.

Any sign of the watermarks being edited out?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

EyeRChris posted:

Shave the head...keep the beard. Best of both worlds!

Shave the head...keep the beard...join the Wyatt--oh wait.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

push el torito

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

epitasis posted:

push el torito

Gonna need a few hundred empty quotes of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
From tonight: