Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Corek posted:

This is why Dan Castellaneta has such a killer Robin Williams impression, because he was paid "considerably more than scale" to do it.

It's mindbogglingly to me that Robin Williams was only paid scale for Aladdin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Transformers 4 IMAX poster

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I have no idea what's going on in that poster.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

It's mindbogglingly to me that Robin Williams was only paid scale for Aladdin.

Well there are some decent reasons for it - why not try google?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

The MSJ posted:

Man, the Real Steel sequel is looking pretty brutal.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I thought imax stopped doing posters?

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
The lower half looks so bad.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
Yeesh, that photo-compositing is really, really bad. Does the big flying robot thing in the background just not cast shadows at all?

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

INH5 posted:

Yeesh, that photo-compositing is really, really bad. Does the big flying robot thing in the background just not cast shadows at all?

What the hell is wrong with you?

The poster is fine. I don't like Transformers, I don't like Michael Bay, I'm not going to see the movie. But the poster is fine. It's eye-catching, has a distinct tone, and teases some of the things we're going to see in the film. It doesn't need to look like a realistic photo.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The poster is fine. I don't like Transformers, I don't like Michael Bay, I'm not going to see the movie. But the poster is fine. It's eye-catching, has a distinct tone, and teases some of the things we're going to see in the film. It doesn't need to look like a realistic photo.

I haven't seen any trailers for the film and I also literally don't know what I'm looking at in that poster. Is the top half some kind of giant hovering ship just above the robot at the bottom? Are they close-ups of characters? Are those yellowy things their heads?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's based on a scene from the trailer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

It doesn't need to look like a realistic photo.

Mission Accomplished on that one.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I haven't seen any trailers for the film and I also literally don't know what I'm looking at in that poster. Is the top half some kind of giant hovering ship just above the robot at the bottom? Are they close-ups of characters? Are those yellowy things their heads?

I haven't paid attention to the trailer, but it's simple: scary robot alien monster walking on a human road, scary ship behind him. Is not that difficult to understand.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Ah right, this makes things a little clearer. I still think it's a pretty crappy poster.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

The MSJ posted:

Roboman vs. Space Anus

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The MSJ posted:

That's one angry Xbox 360.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Vintersorg posted:

I wouldn't be too worried, look at the red ring.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yo if you're gonna make a movie with a big t-rex robot why not put the t-rex robot on the poster

I feel like that'd sell the movie more this poster

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Yo if you're gonna make a movie with a big t-rex robot why not put the t-rex robot on the poster

I feel like that'd sell the movie more this poster

Besides the fact that there's probably some kind of contractual agreement with the car companies that the robots that turn into their cars be used for publicity purposes as much as possible, Bay has been very vocal in publicity for the previous three movies about what a stupid idea he thinks the Dinobots are and how he was very adamant about not using them in the first three movies, so it's possible he just wants to shy away from publicizing them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LightsGameraAction posted:

Besides the fact that there's probably some kind of contractual agreement with the car companies that the robots that turn into their cars be used for publicity purposes as much as possible, Bay has been very vocal in publicity for the previous three movies about what a stupid idea he thinks the Dinobots are and how he was very adamant about not using them in the first three movies, so it's possible he just wants to shy away from publicizing them.

Dinobots are stupid but whatever the hell is on that poster is totally cool?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Peanut President posted:

Dinobots are stupid but whatever the hell is on that poster is totally cool?

Well it turns into a Lamborghini and has a gun for a face so if you're Michael Bay I guess that's a yes.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The MSJ posted:

Guard Scorpion?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Guard Scorpion?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zenintrude posted:

Guard Scorpion?

Man I remember thinking that was a suggestion when I first played and subsequently died.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

effectual posted:

Man I remember thinking that was a suggestion when I first played and subsequently died.

You can thank Square's wonderfully inept localization team for that!

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
That whole Robin Williams and Disney thing was very interesting. Thanks, everyone, for explaining.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel just revealed these "stylized" posters for Captain America 2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it just me or does Chris Evans look an awful lot like Nic Cage?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Is there anyone in the world that is looking forward to Captain America part II? I know I saw the first one, but the only thing I remember about is Quarles from Justified was in it and I kept expecting him to get creepy. I think Chris Evans is so goddamned boring and interchangeable with a few other guys who I can't name off of the top of my head.

Marky Mark infused Transformers will probably end up being the best Transformers, not that that really means anything.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ariza posted:

Is there anyone in the world that is looking forward to Captain America part II? I know I saw the first one, but the only thing I remember about is Quarles from Justified was in it and I kept expecting him to get creepy. I think Chris Evans is so goddamned boring and interchangeable with a few other guys who I can't name off of the top of my head.

Marky Mark infused Transformers will probably end up being the best Transformers, not that that really means anything.

:stare:

Winter Solider looks goddamn amazing. And everything I've heard and read said it's great.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I didn't expect much from the second Thor movie either and that pleasantly surprised me.

Then again, I pretty much see every IMAX 3D movie anyway to get the most out of the subscription service of the cinema I frequent. You could say my ticket is paid in advance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dexo posted:

:stare:

Winter Solider looks goddamn amazing. And everything I've heard and read said it's great.

I'm looking forward to it, but they've just given up on hiding who the Winter Soldier is, haven't they. I mean, when it's spoiled by a 9 year old comic that's been collect multiple times in still in print trades there's only so much you can do, but still.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Skwirl posted:

I'm looking forward to it, but they've just given up on hiding who the Winter Soldier is, haven't they. I mean, when it's spoiled by a 9 year old comic that's been collect multiple times in still in print trades there's only so much you can do, but still.

It's helped by the fact that nobody reads comic books.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Also looking at the cast list.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

For reference:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

effectual posted:

I thought imax stopped doing posters?

It may have something to do with Transformers 4 being one of the first films to use the new IMAX 3D camera.

Vintersorg posted:

The first movie already had that.

Ariza posted:

It's probably one of the most anticipated movies this year along with Transformers 4. Captain America got more popular after Avengers and practically everyone loves Chris Evans playing him.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The MSJ posted:

It's probably one of the most anticipated movies this year along with Transformers 4. Captain America got more popular after Avengers and practically everyone loves Chris Evans playing him.

It doesn't hurt that this installment is being helmed by the Russo brothers, whose proven directing chops with quirky TV comedies makes them a natural fit for a big-budget sci-fi/action movie.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

The MSJ posted:

I hope this is the one where they finally reveal that Jason Voorhees is secretly a Decepticon.

(Or an Autobot???)

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Tomero_the_Great posted:

I hope this is the one where they finally reveal that Jason Voorhees is secretly a Decepticon.

(Or an Autobot???)

Gobot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

It doesn't hurt that this installment is being helmed by the Russo brothers, whose proven directing chops with quirky TV comedies makes them a natural fit for a big-budget sci-fi/action movie.

Marvel is so happy with how they did The Winter Soldier that they've already hired them for Captain America 3.