Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gundam Build Fighters ~The usual Gundam soundtrack at three times the passion~.

But seriously I love this song. It's probably the weirdest choice I've ever seen in Gundam but it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The track names alone are great, I mean Aila ~Reiji's Custom T'Sundere~ is perfect.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4eEkFAEU4w

I may have just listened to this track one too many times, but has anyone else noticed that Allied Force combines a lot of major character leitmotifs? Yuuki's flamenco guitars, Aila's ethereal wailing, Fellini's loving accordion; lends credence to speculation that the show will end on some kind of massive ridiculous team-up.

Caros
May 14, 2008

3 posted:

I may have just listened to this track one too many times, but has anyone else noticed that Allied Force combines a lot of major character leitmotifs? Yuuki's flamenco guitars, Aila's ethereal wailing, Fellini's loving accordion; lends credence to speculation that the show will end on some kind of massive ridiculous team-up.

Has this track been used in the series already? It feels really familiar for some reason. The start also feels like some sweet, sweet SNES final fantasy music.

God I want them to give me a second season of Build Fighters. I bought literally all of your loving toys Bandai, you OWE ME!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

3 posted:

I think that one is just Fellini's theme, not a combination. It played at the end of the Star Build Strike vs. Wing Fenice fight.

But yeah I'd say there's about a 0% chance that there won't be a big team up for the final battle.

Aila's battle theme is 1/48 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU4f6mdTIFw.

I'm waiting for the slightly different version that briefly played during Fellini's Self-Destruction Show.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 12, 2014

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

chumbler posted:

I think that one is just Fellini's theme, not a combination. It played at the end of the Star Build Strike vs. Wing Fenice fight.

But yeah I'd say there's about a 0% chance that there won't be a big team up for the final battle.

Aila's battle theme is 1/48.

I'm waiting for the slightly different version that briefly played during Fellini's Self-Destruction Show.

For Fellini, I'm referring to his accordion leitmotif that shows up in his also amazingly titled theme, Fellini's flamboyant arrival & (his) flamboyant daily life & (his) flamboyant/gallant attack (disc 1, track 19), and Aila's theme which shows up during her and Reiji's newtype chat in Episode 21, Aila (disc 2, track 16).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Allied Force was what played for the finale of SBS vs Sengoku Astray. Wouldn't be surprised if it shows up again, but its existence doesn't mean anything by itself.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 13, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It also has a part where a shamisen is heard in the background playing. Its pretty clear that the composer was making a theme that incorporated a lot of imagery from the other character. That the sound director decided to play it there doesn't really mean anything other than he thought it would sound good there.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 13, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gundam Build Fighters ~The usual Gundam soundtrack at three times the passion~.

But seriously I love this song. It's probably the weirdest choice I've ever seen in Gundam but it's amazing.

The last time I heard a flamenco/orchestral track during the background of a crushing duel between two closely matched opponents, one with a red theme, I was flying an F-15.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Pimpmust posted:

White Gundam crested thing in the back is hard to tell

Isn't that just a Wing Gundam or a variant? I am sure the struts on its back are the wings and the Wing Gundam had those kind of wide cheek guards; they're somewhat distinctive compared to other Gundam's faces.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think it's the Geminass from G-Unit

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The forehead camera is too short for it to be the Geminass. It doesn't have the Wing's cheek vents either.

Pimpmust posted:

Or a repainted Galbaldy Beta (doesn't look to be the bodyguard variant) but those don't have the horn

Probably either a custom or an artist error, everything else is the same.

Pimpmust posted:

Alex Gundam?
RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes" from 0083?

Had to stare at it for a while until I realized it was an Alex painted RX-78-2 colors, but the backpack on the thing to the far right is too different from the GP01's. Skirt armor's off too.

Also there's the thing with crane arms to the far right that everybody missed. :v:

I rewatched 12 to see if I missed some stuff, and turns out I did. There's a Gunblaster shortly before the camera zooms up to Aila, and the Renato Brothers are piloting some sort of amphibious Zeon suit. I can't identify those for poo poo though so

have at it.

Also whoever called it being Graham's custom Flag, good catch! Even the wiki thought it was the Overflag.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Hygogg

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Do you know what it's fighting too?

quote:

Blue thing looks Gundamy and the back binders points towards Zeta? Some MK2 variant?

Also everybody going "it's the mkII" made me laugh, not gonna lie. I know it hasn't done much, but the Build mkII is still a thing! :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Also everybody going "it's the mkII" made me laugh, not gonna lie. I know it hasn't done much, but the Build mkII is still a thing! :v:

The elite marine MS that ZAFT sports, the UMF-5 ZnO.

(ZnO-ZnO!)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
doesn't look uc so I'm going to have a hard time with it but I'll try figuring it out

e: well there you go.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Got through to episode 20. 21's going to be tough thanks to Aila's flashback, so that's for tomorrow.

quote:

Episode 12
MS-06 Zaku II (MSG)
LM111E03 Gunblaster (V)
MSM-03C Hygogg (0080)
UMF-5 ZnO (SEED)
GAT-102 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud (SEED)

Episode 13
MS-06E-3 Zaku Flipper (MSV)
GF13-002NGR Zeus Gundam (G)
UMF-4A GOOhN (SEED)
AMX-009 Dreissen (ZZ)
JMA-0530 Walking Dome (Turn A)

Episode 14
TAF-M9 Eagall (Turn A)
AMX-117L Gazu-L (ZZ)
RGM-109 Heavygun (F91)
SVMS-01E Union Flag Graham Aker Custom (00)
XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe (W)
GAT-X103 Buster Gundam (SEED)
GF13-021NG Gundam Spiegel (G)
AMX-109 Capule (ZZ)
RX-77-2 Guncannon (MSG)
Musha Gundam (SD)
MSM-10 Zock (MSG)
RMS-117 Galbaldy Beta (Zeta)
MSK-008 Dijeh (Zeta)
RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex" (0080)
OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius (W)
LM314V21 Victory 2 Gundam (V)
ZGMF-1017 GINN (SEED)
PMX-002 Bolinoak Samahn (Zeta)
ZGMF-XX09T DOM Trooper (Destiny)
PMX-003 The O (Zeta)
GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei (00)
NRX-0013 Gundam Virsago (X)
MS-06V Zaku Tank (MSV)
Apsalus III (08th MS)
D-50C Loto (Unicorn)
Fuunsaiki (G)
FLAT-L06D FLAT (Turn A)
RX-110 Gabthley (Zeta)
EMS-10 Zudah (Igloo)
Base Jabber (Zeta)
TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero (SEED)
G-Armor (MSG)
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios (00)
GF13-006NA Gundam Maxter (G)
ZM-S22S Rig Shokew
XM-01 Den'an Zon (F91)

Episode 15
GNMA-XCVII Alvatore (00)
MRX-009 Psyco Gundam (Zeta)
ZMT-S29 Zanneck (V)
ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam (Destiny)
AMS-119 Geara Doga (CCA) + MSN-03 Jagd Doga (CCA)'s funnels

Episode 16
MS-06 Zaku II (MSG)
MS-07 Gouf (MSG)
MSM-07 Z'Gok (MSG)
RX-78-2 Gundam (MSG)
RX-77 Guncannon (MSG)
RX-75-4 Guntank (MSG)
GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam (GB)
SDV-04 Command Gundam (SD)

Episode 17
MSA-0011 Superior Gundam (Sentinel)
NRX-055 Baund Doc (Zeta)
GF13-001NH Kowloon Gundam (G)
OZ-08MMS Cancer (W)
GF13-026ND Mermaid Gundam (G)
RAG-79-G1 Waterproof Gundam (MSV)

Episode 18
Nothing!

Episode 19
GN-005 Gundam Virtue (00)

Episode 20
CBS-70 Ptolemaios (00)
GN-001 Gundam Exia (00)
ZM-S14S Contio (V)
RMS-014G Octape Kai (X)
XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai (W)

I think episode 14 has the most cameos of any other episode. I mean poo poo, the stuff I listed there doesn't even cover

these three small as poo poo cameos in the background of Fellini's race

or these four who got casually murdered by Aila.

Also amphibious MS, the bane of my existence. :argh:

Some statistics based on identified cameos for anyone who cares:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 13, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BlitzBlast posted:

The one in the back is a Zackrello.

The big red one in the second screenshot is the Val-Vro from 0083.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The blue jet is Savior Gundam's MA mode in an alternate color.

I'm pretty sure the thing behind the Val Varo is the Super Nemo/Nemo Defensor

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 13, 2014

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

That beam rotor equipped beauty, good sir, is the ZM-S09G Tomliat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The one in front of the Zakrello is the Gaza-D from ZZ.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I think the last of the suits in that small shot is the Gundam Airmaster. Fits the general design at least.

quote:

Episode 21
AEU-09T AEU Enact Commander Type (00)
LM314V23 Victory Two Buster Gundam (V)
MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam (ZZ)
XM-01 Den'an Zon (F91)
OZ-02MD Virgo (W)
AMX-004G Qubeley Mass Production Type (ZZ)
RGM-86R GM III (ZZ)
MSM-07 Z'Gok (MSG)
ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam (Destiny)
ZM-S14S Contio (V)
RMS-014G Octape Kai (X)
MA-06 Val Walo (0083)
ZM-S09G Tomliat (V)
MSA-003+FXA-05D Nemo-Defenser (AoZ)
ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam (Destiny)
AMS-119 Geara Doga (CCA)

Episode 22
None

All caught up now, mostly because I straight up could not identify a chunk of Aila's flashback suits.

This guy reminds me of the Origin redesign of the Guncannon, but there are too many extra flourishes.

I can't tell what this is from such a small back shot.

The only suits I recognize in this shot are the MP Qubeley and the Virgo.

At first I thought this was a Brave, but that can't be right since it's a movie suit.

Transformation's completely different too.

Also another ridiculously small background shot. Black on black too, what the hell BF? :argh:

Still unidentified:

Some sort of Zeon amphibious suit, there were like a billion of those.

Face reminds me of a Crossbone Vanguard (F91 era) design.

I'm beginning to think the gundam on the left is a custom/artist error like the nearby Galbady Beta because it doesn't look like anything.

Reposting the link to the big list too.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 13, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The yellow one at the back is a Methuss

BlitzBlast posted:

At first I thought this was a Brave, but that can't be right since it's a movie suit.

Transformation's completely different too.

It's a bog-standard Union Flag.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

This guy reminds me of the Origin redesign of the Guncannon, but there are too many extra flourishes.

I can't tell what this is from such a small back shot.

Definitely from F91 era

Barzam

Methuss, F90, another Wing suit and the raven gundam from G or w/e it's called

BattleRobit
Jun 14, 2013

F71B G-Cannon Magna

Winged suit with claws is Gundam Heaven's Sword from G Gundam. Suit below it looks like a Taurus? Gundam with cannons is the F90 Support Type

UMF/SSO-3 ASH (Seed destiny)

Probably the Wing Gundam with a different color scheme, Hardygun (side skirt armor and backpack looks pretty similar) and that lone arm http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Geze

Yeah there are odd protrusions below the Taurus "wings".
Alternatively, I'm guessing it might be an all-white GuAIZ or CGUE. The head looks like it has a crest thing going on.

BattleRobit fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 13, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The white suit below Heaven's Sword looks like it has too much stuff on its back to be a standard Taurus.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I like how every SEED amphib cameo is them getting loving wrecked.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

BlitzBlast posted:

That is a Blue painted Gundam Savior from Gundam Seed.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ZGMF-X23S_Saviour_Gundam

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

HURF. :doh: The worst part is that I was thinking there was something amiss about calling a standard MkII in that scene.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

BattleRobit posted:

Probably the Wing Gundam with a different color scheme

It's missing the cheek vents, but at this point I'm going to chalk it up to artist error. Or a custom.

It's nice how in this show mistakes can be excused with it being a custom. :v:

quote:

Alternatively, I'm guessing it might be an all-white GuAIZ or CGUE. The head looks like it has a crest thing going on.

It's definitely not a GuAIZ (though when I checked it, I found out that what I thought was a GINN back in episode 10 was actually a GuAIZ), and there appear to be two cannons underneath the wings so I'm unsure if it's a CGUE. But eh, close enough.

Just this guy now.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That almost looks like a Ginn helmet viewed from below. The chest area certainly does. Might be some AquaGinn MSV?

Hmm, doesn't seem to be. The cod-piece is weird too.

e2 :gently caress, I was right!

It's the YF-3A GINN FEMWS from SEED MSV

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/yf-3a.htm

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 13, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pegas from Tekkaman Blade :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Went around looking at some more MSV designs and I think I'm in love
MAN-00X-2 Brarello, when you can't get enough Zakrello

By the powers vested in me by the 80ies...

Did you know that Norris had a custom Zaku...I?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BlitzBlast posted:

Just this guy now.

YF-3A GINN FEMWS, prototype GOOhN more or less. gently caress these acronyms.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

KoB posted:

Pegas from Tekkaman Blade :v:

Well, if we had Dunbine and a Scopedog...

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Gotta wonder what kind of player brings these weak-rear end MSV/Early War of whatever show Gunpla to the world championship.

Unless it's packing a hidden colony laser or something (because the rules are basically anything goes :v:)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pimpmust posted:

Gotta wonder what kind of player brings these weak-rear end MSV/Early War of whatever show Gunpla to the world championship.

Unless it's packing a hidden colony laser or something (because the rules are basically anything goes :v:)

Well, Japan probably has a lot stronger competition than most of the rest of the world due to being Gunpla Central.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pimpmust posted:

A Gunpla's stats in its original universe don't seem to matter much. If constructed by a Master Builder and operated by a Master Pilot, even an OZ-06 Leo could become world champion. It'd be beautiful.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A Gunpla's stats in its original universe don't seem to matter much. If constructed by a Master Builder and operated by a Master Pilot, even an OZ-06 Leo could become world champion. It'd be beautiful.

I will fight you. The Leo is the strongest Unit. The Tallgeese is just a custom Leo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And we are done.

I guess I should technically post pictures for all of these, but gently caress that. If somebody else has the free time for that though, once again here's the edit key.

• Locked thread